Check out these Don’t Rush quotes to remind yourself why life is worth taking the time to enjoy.
Although we might all have to rush occasionally, you should not live a life of rushing as it will add stress and anxiety to your life.
You might also like these related articles:
Here are some reasons why you shouldn’t rush through your life:
- Eventually, you will lose control of your life – Instead of living life, you will feel like you are just living to “get things done.”
- You will miss out – When you prioritize rushing through life, you will miss out on opportunities, friendships, and time with your loved ones.
- You will end up unhappy – The constant stress you will put on yourself will cause you anxiety and will prevent you from enjoying many things in life.
- It is unhealthy – Adding the stress and anxiety of rushing through your life not only impacts your mental health, but it will also eventually impact your physical health.
Read these Don’t Rush quotes to see why you should take your time and enjoy life.
Best Don’t Rush Quotes
Here are some of the best quotes about not rushing through your life.
1. “Don’t be in a rush to get big.” — Eric Ries
2. “Don’t rush into adulthood.” — Bob Newhart
3. “Do not rush in the ride of life.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
4. “Accelerando means in tempo. Don’t rush.” — Eugene Ormandy
5. “Nature never rushes, yet everything gets done.” — Donald L. Hicks
Related: Short Inspirational Quotes
6. “Don’t rush; just relax. Enjoy the journey of life.” — Debasish Mridha
7. “Don’t try to be everywhere. Just be here and do your thing.” — Hiral Nagda
8. “Resting and relaxing is as important as going out there and making it happen.” — Hiral Nagda
9. “In today’s rush, we all think too much, seek too much, want too much, and forget about the joy of just Being.” — Eckhart Tolle
10. “When you want to hurry something, that means you no longer care about it and want to get on to other things.” — Robert M. Pirsig
Don’t Rush Quotes About Stopping to Smell The Roses
Taking time to stop and smell the roses is very important, as shown in these quotes.
11. “Every flower blooms in its own time.” — Ken Petti
12. “Don’t forget to stop and smell the roses.” — Walter Hagen
13. “Take time to smell the roses. Take time to watch the tide.” — Kayko Tamaki
14. “The Japanese say, if the flower is to be beautiful, it must be cultivated.” — Lester Cole
15. “Roses do not bloom hurriedly; for beauty, like any masterpiece, takes time to blossom.” — Matshona Dhliwayo
16. “Getting lost in the big picture often prevents us from cherishing the small moments that make it all worthwhile.” — J.R. Wirth
17. “Most people didn’t see the beauty behind the every day, didn’t enjoy the simple pleasures in life, didn’t stop and smell the roses.” — Ray Smith
18. “We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside our windows today.” — Dale Carnegie
19. “The more you focus on the beauty of roses, the more invisible their thorns become, and an anthophile will never stop loving roses even when their thorns harm him.” — Bruce Mbanzabugabo
20. “So often over the years, we have seen and heard the quote ‘Stop and smell the roses,’ which is trying to tell all of us that we need to slow our lives down and really take a look at what is going on in our lives and the world.” — Carol Hegel Lang
Don’t Rush Quotes About How Fast Time Flies
Check out these quotes talking about how fast time flies.
21. “Our time in this life is limited.” — Ruben Papian
22. “It’s crazy how fast time flies and how things progress.” — Nathan Chen
23. “Life is short, and it’s up to you to make it sweet.” — Sarah Louise Delan
24. “Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.” — Anthony G. Oettinger
25. “Time flies when you’re on an emotional roller coaster.” — Kaitlyn Bristowe
26. “How did it get so late so soon? It’s night before it’s afternoon.” — Dr. Seuss
27. “There is more to life than simply increasing its speed.” — Mahatma Gandhi
28. “Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
29. “Short as life is, we make it still shorter by the careless waste of time.” — Victor Hugo
30. “Three o’clock is always too late or too early for anything you want to do.” — Jean-Paul Sartre
Don’t Rush Quotes About Taking Your Time
Enjoy these quotes all about taking your time.
31. “We have only today. Let us begin.” — Mother Teresa
32. “Take your time. There’s no rush to be good or renowned.” — Kathryn Budig
33. “Too much hurry will bury your goals. Too much haste will make you waste.” — Israelmore Ayivor
34. “If you’re really looking for something in particular, it helps to take your time.” — Billy Gibbons
35. “Stop and take your time to notice things and make those things you notice matter.” — Cecelia Ahern
36. “Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gunfight you need to take your time in a hurry.” — Wyatt Earp
37. “Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.” — Jim Rohn
38. “And mama used to say, ‘Take your time, young man!’ And mama used to say, ‘Don’t you rush to get old!’ — Junior
39. “Slow and steady wins the race, not the person who wants to climb the whole stairs in one stride.” — Michael Bassey Johnson
40. “Stop and take your time to notice things and make those things you notice matter. Find out the answers you didn’t know to yesterday’s crosswords.” — Cecelia Ahern
Thought-Provoking Don’t Rush Quotes
Take time to ponder on these thought-provoking quotes about not rushing through life.
41. “Wisely and slowly; they stumble that run fast.” — Hugh Howey
42. “Rushing, rushing, rushing. We are always rushing.” — Cecelia Ahern
43. “In our rushing, bulls in china shops, we break our own lives.” — Ann Voskamp
44. “If you’re not ready to get married, don’t grab at a relationship.” — Joshua Harris
45. “Everyone seemed to be in a blind hurry, and there was no relief in sight.” — Elizabeth Berg
46. “Life hurrying past us and running away, too strong to stop, too sweet to lose.” — Willa Cather
47. “Maximizing time doesn’t mean rushing around like there is no tomorrow.” — Steven Redhead
48. “We’re a species that rushes through everything, then complains that time flies.” — Steve Maraboli
49. “Peace never hurries. To rush or force is contradictory to the very essence of peace.” — Alaric Hutchinson
50. “The best things are never arrived at in haste. God is in no hurry, His plans are never rushed.” — Michael R. Phillips
What Can I Do to Slow Down in Life?
Remember that although it may not feel like it at first, it is ok to slow down; you are worth it.
Here are some ways to slow down in life:
- Turn off your phone
- Start your day slower
- Go outside and just sit or walk without purpose
- Remind yourself that your priorities take precedence over others’ expectations of you
Please share these Don’t Rush quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about not rushing in the comment section below.