These wildflower quotes speak to how beautiful the flowers that grow with abandon are.
They are free, colorful, and unrestrained by pots or gardens—wild.
You might have some questions about wildflowers, like ‘What is the most common wildflower?’
According to wildflower.org, the most common wildflowers are Blackeyed Susans (Rudbeckia hirta) and the Common Sunflower (Helianthus annuus).
They can be found all over North America.
Of course, they also point out that many other common wildflowers are weeds, like the Dandelion!
Which wildflower is the most beautiful?
Well, I like Blackeyed Susans and Sunflowers!
However, Parade.com lists the Red Milkweed (Asclepias incarnata), Butterfly Milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa), and Tennessee Coneflower (Echinacea tennesseensis) as their top three picks.
Each of these flowers is beautiful and unique like any good wildflower should be!
The Milkweeds are known to attract a variety of butterflies, including Monarchs, Fritillaries, and Swallowtails.
Wildflower quotes can be the perfect way to remind your girl how special she is.
These wildflower quotes will also help you come up with some great Instagram captions!
Keep reading to learn more about wildflowers and why we love them!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Sweet wildflower quotes for her
1. “She is like a wildflower; beautiful, fierce, and free.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on Native American quotes.
2. “She is a little wildflower with a lot of warrior underneath.” — Melody Lee
You will also enjoy our article on bloom quotes.
3. “Wildflowers adapt and bloom wherever they want. Be a wildflower.” — Aly Aubrey
4. “What a lonely place it would be to have a world without a wildflower!” — Roland R Kemler
5. “No matter how chaotic it is, wildflowers will still spring up in the middle of nowhere.” — Sheryl Crow
6. “Wildflower; pick up your pretty little head, It will get easier, your dreams are not dead.” ― Nikki Rowe
7. “Like wildflowers you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would.” — Lorde
8. “Almost every person, from childhood, has been touched by the untamed beauty of wildflowers.” — Lady Bird Johnson
9. “Wildflowers can’t be controlled, and neither can the girl with a soul boundless as the sky, and a spirit as free and wild as the ocean.” — Melody Lee
10. “In another time’s forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother’s face, Wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home. Roll away… the dew.” — Robert Hunter
Short wildflower quotes perfect for Instagram
11. “Gather courage like wildflowers.” — Jak Major
12. “Do you suppose she is a wildflower?” — Lewis Carroll
13. “Wildflowers don’t care where they grow.” — Dolly Parton
14. “Where flowers bloom, so does hope.” — Lady Bird Johnson
15. “Wildflowers are the stuff of my heart!” — Lady Bird Johnson
16. “Happiness is to hold flowers in both hands.” — Japanese Proverb
17. “There is poetry among the wildflowers.” — Rachel Irene Stevenson
18. “They are wildflowers. They would not want a name.” — Silas House
19. “One person’s weed is another person’s wildflower.” — Susan Wittig Albert
20. “It will create an excitement that will sweep the country like wildflowers.” — Samuel Goldwyn
Thought provoking wildflower quotes
21. “To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wildflower.” — William Blake
22. “Love is like wildflowers; It’s often found in the most unlikely places.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. “The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its roots in earth and manure.” — D. H. Lawrence
24. “Wildflower corners are easy to maintain, but once gone, they are hard to rebuild.” — Aldo Leopold
25. “Wildflowers aren’t meant to be cut & tamed. They’re meant to be loved & admired.” — Anthony T. Hincks
26.. “Very little grows on jagged rock. Be ground. Be crumbled, so wildflowers will come up where you are.” — Rumi
27.. “Chase your wildflower dreams, because even the smallest buds can become something beautiful.” — C.V. Sutherland
28. “I’m going to give you a handful of wildflowers so, each petal that falls will remind you that the earth breathes, and the moon rises.” — Carolyn Riker
29. “Wildflowers don’t grow haphazardly as we are led to believe. They grow in fantastic patterns which are different to each of us you see.” — Anthony T. Hincks
30. “I think I like wildflowers best. They just grow wherever they want. No one has to plant them. And then their seeds blow in the wind and they find a new place to grow.” — Rebecca Donovan
Inspirational wildflower quotes
31. “If we could see the miracle of a single flower, clearly our whole life would change.” — Gautama Buddha
32. “May your life be like a wildflower, growing freely in the beauty and joy of each day.” — Native American Proverb
33. “To those whom the tree, the birds, the wildflowers represent only “locked-up dollars” have never known or really seen these things.” — Edwin Way Teale
34. “If all flowers wanted to be roses, nature would lose her springtime beauty and the fields would no longer be decked out with little wildflowers.” — Therese of Lisieux
35. “To be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird’s nest or a wildflower in spring — these are some of the rewards of the simple life.” — John Burroughs
36. “Men do change, and change comes like a little wind that ruffles the curtains at dawn, and it comes like the stealthy perfume of wildflowers hidden in the grass.” — John Steinbeck
37. “Being preoccupied with our self-image is like being deaf and blind. It’s like standing in the middle of a vast field of wildflowers with a black hood over our heads.” — Pema Chodron
38. “My twenties were about exploring love and being a wildflower and trying to figure everything out. Now I’m not comfortable being that happy wildflower anymore, but I still don’t feel like a woman.” — Drew Barrymore
39. “I felt small, the way an ant must feel looking up at a field of wildflowers. I was nothing. I was trapped below flowers, buried under them, while girls like Lizzie Lovett danced overhead. That was life. We all have a place.” — Chelsea Sedoti
40. “Man has created some lovely dwellings, some soul-stirring literature. He has done much to alleviate physical pain. But he has not… created a substitute for a sunset, a grove of pines, the music of the winds, the dank smell of the deep forest, or the shy beauty of a wildflower.” — Harvey Broome
More wildflower quotes and sayings
41. “I hope you are blessed with a heart like a wildflower.” — Unknown
42. “How do you press a wildflower into the pages of an e-book?” — Lewis Buzbee
43. “The smallest of them was sprawled on his belly, face buried in a mound of wildflowers.” — Sarah J. Maas
44. “Almost every person, from childhood, has been touched by the untamed beauty of wildflowers.” — Lady Bird Johnson
45. “In Austin, the eco-capital of Texas, residents tend to favor native plants and wildflowers to the sculpted lawns of the Palm Springs variety.” — Douglas Brinkley
46. “In another time’s forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother’s face, wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home.” — Robert Hunter
47. “If I had to describe the scent of Michigan in spring and summer, it wouldn’t be a particular smell—blooming wildflowers or boat exhaust off the lake—it would be a color – Green.” — Viola Shipman
48. “My mother was perfectly horrified when I began shooting and tried to keep me in school, but I would run away and go quail shooting in the woods or trim my dresses with wreaths of wildflowers.” — Annie Oakley
49. “Literature is a vast forest and the masterpieces are the lakes, the towering trees or strange trees… but a forest is also made up of ordinary trees, patches of grass, puddles, clinging vines, mushrooms, and little wildflowers.” — Roberto Bolano
50. “I think that people tend to associate the word “wild” with something that is used up and dirty; but I associate the word “wild” with wildflowers, wild roses, things in fields that haven’t been hurt yet! So let’s be things in fields that have healed, and that have grown. Let’s be wild.” — C. JoyBell
What makes a flower wild?
A wildflower is any flowering plant that has not been genetically manipulated.
The term works to describe plants that grow without intentional human aid.
Generally, we think of those that flower in spring and summer.
They populate the woodlands, prairies, and mountains adding pops of color and raw beauty.
What is the difference between a wildflower and a weed?
The distinction of weeds from wildflowers depends upon the purpose of the classification.
A weed is a plant that, from a human perspective, is out of place.
Meaning they grow where they are unwanted.
Sunflowers are looked upon as weeds (for shame!) when growing in cultivated fields or on grazing land of the Great Plains of North America.
However, when they grow wild and free in valleys, we call them wildflowers.
The sunflower is also a crop plant cultivated for its seeds, and people grow them intentionally in their gardens.
Like much in life, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Whether a Sunflower is a weed, wildflower, or garden flower depends on how you see them.
It is easy to see how some of these quotes refer to women as wildflowers.
Both because of their beauty and warrior spirit and because where someone sees a ‘weed’ someone else sees a ‘wildflower.’
It is important, though, to remember that your worth does not lie in the opinions of someone else.
These wildflowers blossom despite how you classify them.
They are colorful, spunky, and free.
They face the sun, not caring how we classify them.
So, be like a wildflower and grow where you are.
Own your worth and your beauty.
Keep shining and growing despite the terrain you find yourself in!
Let us know your favorite wildflower quote in the comment section below.
September 12, 2022 9:00 AM EST