Dolemite Quotes with a Boom!
December 20, 2022 7:29 AM EST
Take a moment and look through our collection of Dolemite quotes.
Dolemite is a 1975 blaxploitation comedy film written by and starring Rudy Ray Moore, among others.
Dolemite was an urban action hero that comedian Rudy Ray Moore decided to use as his alter ego in his comedy routines.
When Rudy Ray decided to turn Dolemite into a movie, he got D’Urville Martin to direct the film.
Dolemite follows the story of Dolemite, a nightclub owner, pimp, and comedian who has been set up and is serving 20 years in prison.
Eventually, Dolemite’s fellow pimp, “Queen Bee,” gets the governor to release Dolemite to combat the drug problem in the “Fourth Ward.”
Along with trying to solve the drug problem, Dolemite and his kung fu pimps look to even the score with those that set him up.
Kick back and enjoy some laughs while reading the Dolemite quotes.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Bull Durham quotes from the comedy sports film.
Memorable Dolemite Quotes
Check out these quotes that you are sure to remember from the movie!
1. “Ghosts? If you ever see a ghost, cut the motherfucker.” – Dolemite
2. “When you was on the street, everything was cool man.” – Creeper
3. “The truth shall make you free!” – Reverend Gibbs
4. “I had him bailed out. So I can hit him whenever we’re ready.” – Mayor Daley
5. “Mmm, mmm, mmm. Yes baby, you can get behind me and in front of me, too.” – Dolemite
6. “We don’t have the club anymore.” – The Queen Bee
7. “Okay, Dolemite, the warden wants to see you.” – Prison Guard
8. “Who done it? Who killed Jimmy?” – Dolemite
9. “Damn! Looks like my women is on time.” – Dolemite
10. “That rat soup eatin’, insecure, honky mutha f***a!” – Dolemite
Tough Dolemite Quotes
Dolemite and the world he lives in are tough, as evidenced by the quotes below.
11. “Now you know Dolemite. Once he gets on your back, it’s hard to get him off.” – Willie Green
12. “Damn. It had to do with business stuff over at the schoolhouse, man, and uh, he wanted out, man, and uh, they wouldn’t let him.” – Creeper
13. “You know that club was my pride and joy, and you’ve gone and give it up.” – Dolemite
14. “You understand that an honest dude like me have to snatch pocketbooks all day to stay fixed, man. You know?” – Creeper
15. “When the shit hits the fan, Reverend, you’re gonna be dead down the middle. And I’m coming after you!” – Blakely
16. “You know what, honey? This is gonna give me a whole lot of pleasure sending you straight to hell on this toilet seat.” – Pinky
17. “Dr. Feelgood, calling Dr. Feelgood. You’re wanted in inhalation therapy.” – Nurse on Hospital Intercom
18. “Well, I might as well level with you: The game is rough, and the stake is your life.” – Warden
19. “Yeah, I’m so bad, I kick my own ass twice a day. Shit, you ain’t sayin’ nothin’!” – Creeper
20. “Yes, I’m Dolemite. I’m the one that killed Monday, whupped Tuesday, and put Wednesday in the hospital!” – Dolemite
From Comedian to Actor
One of the best parts of the movie Dolemite is that Rudy Ray Moore brought it to life.
By taking the chance of turning his comedy success into an acting venture, he was able to tell the Dolemite story as he wanted to.
Please share the Dolemite quotes and lines with your family and friends so they can enjoy some laughs.
Post any comments in the comment section below.