Dream Catcher Quotes For Better Brighter Dreams
August 31, 2022 8:00 AM EST
Dare to dream bigger with these wise dream catcher quotes?
Dream catchers originate with the Ojibwe tribe, who started the tradition to honor Asibaikaashi, the Spider Woman and custodian of all infants and adults.
Afterward, as the tribe grew, Asibaikaashi could not oversee everyone, so the Ojibwe women began weaving magical webs for the infants as protection.
Over time other tribes picked up on the practice.
Eventually, the dream catcher became a symbol of solidarity within the Pan-Indian movement across the nation.
Generally, a dream catcher is a handmade willow hoop woven onto a web to form a net and adorned with beads and feathers.
Before going to sleep, people generally place them near their beds, cribs, or place of rest.
Dream catchers are designed to ward off negative energies and protect the dreamer.
Across the globe, Native tribes see dream catchers as a symbol of oneness.
Enjoy the dream catcher quotes below.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Short Dream Catcher Quotes
Here are some short quotes about dream catchers. Take a look and see what you think.
1. “What if people were like dream catchers?” – Nandini Thakar
You will also enjoy our article on Indigenous People’s Quotes.
2. “Come, get entwined in the dream catcher of my heart.” – Melody Lee
3. “My dreamcatcher still hangs in the hope of you.” – Sakshi Vashist
4. “I wanted to meet you more often; I bought myself a dream catcher.” – Sourajita D.
5. “Dreamcatcher, save me from the darkness in my soul.” – Caeland Garner
6. “You are my personal dreamcatcher.” – Jyotsna Mishra
7. “I sleep unafraid and in rapture, lulled by visual melodies of my dreamcatcher.” – Kavisha Srivastava
8. “My dreams are so big that they can’t get into a dream catcher.” – Fathima Shalma
9. “I am your dreamcatcher, Your shelter in the night.” – Christopher Weule
10. “I have so many dreams to work for, I have so many things to see…Maybe it’d be easier if I were simply a dreamcatcher.” – Aananya Ratan
Dream Catcher Quotes For Instagram
Good captions about dream catchers that would pare nicely with a photo. What ones would you use?
11. “Dreamcatcher, I can see you waving in the night alone. Slow winter, and I feel I might get left out in the cold.” – Laura Pergolizzi
12. “You were that entity, which the dreamcatcher happened to see more often than I could ever wish for.” – Subiya Hussain
13. “Dreamcatcher in the rearview mirror hasn’t caught a thing yet. Twenty dollars in souvenirs. Anything’s worth trying to stay out of your nightmares.” – Julien Rose Baker
14. “Every dayrbreak, aroused by the silent screams of her soul, like the sudden tides of the silent ocean reaching on the shore, pleasure soaked nightmares found tangled in her dreamcatcher.” – Palak Garg
15. “I am your dreamcatcher, as if our minds would be entwined, I catch yours and you catch mine.” – Christopher Weule
16. “I make dreamcatchers, for, at least, the frailest of the sweet dreams might get caught somehow.” – Kaavyaa
17. “Sleep, baby sleep, whispers spirit of the woods as big sister weaves a dream net on a little willow hoop.” – Audrey Osofsky
18. “This net has a wooden frame bearing many feathers and a hole at it’s very heart — it was the sacred dreamcatcher.” – Philip Nicklin
19. “It is their exoticism as material reminders of ‘the other’ that renders dream catchers desirable as gifts and collectibles.” – Cath Oberholtzer
20. “Dreamcatcher, save me from the darkness in my soul” – Catch Oberholtzer
Dream Catcher Quotes about the Power of Dreams
Dreams are powerful and feel real. Oftentimes you have a hard time telling if something is a dream or if you are awake.
21. “I was asleep in a hammock, I was dreaming that I was a web, I was a dream-catcher hanging in the window of a minivan parked along the water’s edge.” – Arlen Thompson
22. “A dream net for baby like a small spider web, spun of nettle-stalk twine, stained dark red with the bark of wild plum.” – Audrey Osofsky
23. “In times when the dreamcatcher was full, Running Wolf would come in the deep of night, but in his spiritual form, and replenish its strength by removing those bad dreams trapped inside the web.” – Philip Nicklin
24. “The dream catcher legend is full of rich symbolism. Native Americans believe that the night air is filled with dreams, both good and bad.” – Dale Kiser
25. “Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world.” – Joel A. Barker
26. “You see things; and you say ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?’” – George Bernard Shaw
27. “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.” – Carol Burnett
28. “The positive dreams slip through the hole in the center of the dram catcher and glide down the feathers to the sleeping person below. The negative dreams would be caught up in the web and expires when first rays of sunlight hit them.” – Dale Kiser
29. “When hung over or near a bed, swinging freely in the air, it catches the dreams as they flow by.” – Dale Kiser
Dream Catcher Quotes For Dreamers
We all dream, but some of us take those dreams and work for them. Do you work to make your dreams come true?
30. “Nothing happens unless first we dream.” – Carl Sandburg
31. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.” – Lionel Messi
32. “All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” – Edgar Allan Poe
33. “Dreamcatchers meet all the requirements of the perfect souvenir purchase: they are small, portable, nonperishable, handcrafted, and affordable.” – Cath Oberholtzer
34. “Composed primarily of circular hoops with weblike netting and often decorated with beads and feathers, dreamcatchers are recognized by Natives and non-Natives as a symbol of First Nations and Native American identity and spirituality.” – Cath Oberholtzer
35. “A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.” – Demetri Martin
36. “Whatever the size or form of the dream catcher, bad dreams are intended to be caught in the net, while good dreams slip through the dreamer.” – Cath Oberholtzer
37. “Dreamcatchers cross cultural boundaries and serve to communicate a shared consciousness that unites persons with different backgrounds.” – Cath Oberholtzer
38. “Feathers meant to assist the flight of good dreams are clearly labeled as those of chicken, turkey, pheasant, or other non-endangered birds are dyed and attached to the dream catchers.” – Cath Oberholtzer
39. “The dream catcher reminds us how important the dream world has been to people throughout time.” – John Cline
40. “Even though today most of us tend to focus on the physiology of the dream state, we can still appreciate the power of our nightly visits to the other world.” – John Cline
Dream Catcher Quotes About Dream Meanings
41. “I have concluded that dreams and emotions are equally dangerous. The catch, however…interpretation.” – Kylie R. Trask
42. “The traditional dream catcher was intended to protect the sleeping individual from negative dream, while letting positive dreams come through.” – Dale Kiser
43.“Dreamcatcher, let me see the future I don’t know. Help me hold on tight and don’t let go.” –Caeland Garner
44. “The dream catcher reminds us how important the dream world has been to people throughout time. Dreams have provided medicine men, shamans, and prophets a portal to another realm.” – John Cline
45. “Don’t let someone else catch your dreams. You be the dream catcher.” – Anonymous
46. “Dreamcatchers cross cultural boundaries and serve to communicate a shared consciousness that unites persons with different backgrounds.” – Cath Oberholtzer
47. “I am your dreamcatcher, protector from the fright.” – Christopher Weule
48. “I slowly glissade into your whispers chiming inside the dream catcher.” – Misty Sierra
49. “Dreamcatcher, let me see the future I don’t know. Help me hold on tight and don’t let go.” – Caeland Garner
50. “And over time, I would find, collected pieces of my golden dreams, in the weave of the dreamcatcher.” – Kaavyaa
You can see from the Dream Catcher Quotes that Dream Catchers aren’t just a Decoration, each Section has a Literal and Symbolic Purpose.
Indeed, starting with the round shape of the dream catcher representing the spherical nature of our beloved planet earth.
The web or net, similar to a spider’s or fisherperson’s net, is designed to absorb bad dreams at night and discharge them during the day when the sun rises.
Traditionally, the feathers of an abundant bird like chicken, turkey, or dove, would be used and dyed.
The feathers serve as ladders to allow the good dreams to descend on the sleeper.
Unfortunately, the dream catcher has been the target of cultural appropriation in modern times.
Non-indigenous entities produce and sell many of the dream catchers found in stores.
Additionally the phenomenon has become popular in nonindigenous communities and a symbol of American popular culture.
Many people see this as a direct act of cultural appropriation.
What did you think about the dream catcher quotes? Let us know in the comments.