Motivational January Quotes to Elevate Your New Year
March 7, 2023 6:00 AM EST
The month of January is a beloved period of renewal for many, as you will see in these January quotes.
We hope the January quotes below encourage you to welcome this chilly month with open arms.
Tell us your favorite January quote in the comment section below.
According to a study by the University of Pennsylvania, individuals who engage in self-reflection and introspection at the start of the new year tend to report higher levels of life satisfaction and well-being.
This highlights the potential value of January quotes for individuals seeking to cultivate greater self-awareness and mindfulness.
What are the benefits of reading these January quotes?
Many people are riding the inspiration wave of their new year’s resolutions during January.
From eating healthier to traveling more, many people see January as the first chapter of a more fulfilling, enjoyable, and productive life.
Let these January quotes:
- renew your sense of purpose for the new year
- give you perspective on the things you accomplished last year
- motivate you to plan and make this your best year yet
We hope to share the positivity often radiating throughout the month in the quotes below.
Make January the first step towards an amazing year.
We hope you enjoy these inspirational January quotes from all corners of the internet.
Don’t forget to read these February quotes that will spring you out of winter.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
January quotes about the month
The University of Texas has found that individuals who maintain a positive mindset and attitude at the start of the new year are more likely to persevere through challenges and achieve their goals.
This suggests that January quotes may be a valuable tool for cultivating resilience and perseverance.
1. “Feeling a little blue in January is normal.” – Marilu Henner
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about new beginnings.
2. “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” – Hal Borland
You will also enjoy our article on new month quotes.
3. “January is the calendar’s ingrown hair.” – Stewart Stafford
You will also enjoy our article on real estate quotes.
4. “January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow.” – Sara Coleridge
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of snow quotes that celebrate the winter season.
5. “January looks forward to the new year and back to the old year. He sees past and future.” – M.L. Stedman
You will also enjoy our article on welcome quotes.
6. “Winter blues are cured every time with a potato gratin paired with a roast chicken.” – Alexandra Guarnaschelli
January quotes about winter
According to research by the University of Michigan, individuals who have a clear sense of purpose and direction at the start of the new year are more likely to make progress toward their goals and experience greater satisfaction and fulfillment.
This highlights the potential value of motivational January quotes for individuals seeking to clarify their aspirations and priorities.
7. “I pray this winter be gentle and kind–a season of rest from the wheel of the mind. “ – John Geddes
You will also enjoy our article on graduation quotes.
8. “Winter forms our character and brings out our best.” – Tom Allen
You will also enjoy our article on internet quotes.
9. “Winter is a season of recovery and preparation.” – Paul Theroux
You will also enjoy our article on kitchen quotes.
10. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
Have you seen these Aquarius quotes for January and February babies?
11. “Lots of people go mad in January. Not as many as in May, of course. Nor June. But January is your third most common month for madness.” – Karen Joy Fowler
You will also enjoy our article on new job quotes.
12. “Thank goodness for the first snow, it was a reminder–no matter how old you became and how much you’d seen, things could still be new if you were willing to believe they still mattered.” – Candace Bushnell
13. “Welcome, winter. Your late dawns and chilled breath make me lazy, but I love you nonetheless.” – Terri Guillemets
14. “If I had my way, I would remove January from the calendar altogether and have an extra July instead.” – Roald Dahl
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of winter quotes celebrating the changes of the season.
15. “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” – Anne Bradstreet
16. “Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.” – Pietro Aretino
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of spring quotes celebrating life, love and change.
17. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” – Edith Sitwell
18. “I love the scents of winter! For me, it’s all about the feeling you get when you smell pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, gingerbread and spruce.” – Taylor Swift
19. “Many human beings say that they enjoy the winter, but what they really enjoy is feeling proof against it.” – Richard Adams
20. “Nothing burns like the cold.” – George R.R. Martin
21. “Snow brings a special quality with it—the power to stop life as you know it dead in its tracks.” – Nancy Hatch Woodward
22. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” – Aristotle
Also, read these magnificent March quotes for more inspiration.
January quotes about new beginnings
23. “The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.” – Josiyah Martin
24. “New year—a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.” – Alex Morritt
25. “The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul…” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
26. “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” – Vern McLellan
27. “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.” – Melody Beattie
28. “You can get excited about the future. The past won’t mind.” – Hillary DePiano
29. “Each day is a new beginning, the chance to do with it what should be done and not to be seen as simply another day to put in time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
30. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
31. “Every single year, we’re a different person. I don’t think we’re the same person all of our lives.” – Steven Spielberg
32. “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” – Benjamin Franklin
33. “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
34. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato
35. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” – Mandy Hale
36. “A New Year has tiptoed in. Let’s go forward to meet it.” – Anusha Atukorala
Don’t forget to also read these positive April quotes to keep you pushing forward with positivity.
January quotes about goal setting
37. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
38. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” – Andrew Carnegie
39. “It’s harder to stay on top than it is to make the climb. Continue to seek new goals.” – Pat Summitt
40. “If a goal is worth having, it’s worth blocking out the time in your day-to-day life necessary to achieve it.” – Jill Koenig
41. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
42. “You should set goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for.” – Ted Turner
43. “The greater danger for most of us isn’t that our aim is too high and miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” – Michelangelo
44. “The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” – Bill Copeland
45. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
46. “A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement.” – Bo Bennett
47. “A good goal is like a strenuous exercise — it makes you stretch.” – Mary Kay Ash
48. “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” – Shonda Rhimes
49. “Intention without action is an insult to those who expect the best from you.” – Andy Andrews
50. “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
Have you seen these new beginning quotes about starting afresh?
Other inspirational January quotes
51. “JANUARY, The first month of the year, a perfect time to start all over again, changing energies and deserting old moods, new beginnings, new attitudes.” – Charmaine J Forde
52. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice.” – T.S. Eliot
53. “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” – Brad Paisley
54. “There is always an opportunity to start again and again, if the old ways are not working last year, look for better ways of doing it in the new year and start again afresh.” – Bamigboye Olurotimi
55. “New Year is a new morning and a new morning is a new opportunity and a new opportunity is a new path and finally a new path is a new richness!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of October quotes about its nature and beauty.
56. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
57. “Let us do something incredible this New Year: Let us try to see the world from the window of other cultures!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
58. “Here is an unchanging truth valid for all the New Year’s: The more you believe in luck, the less successful you will be!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
59. “Every year is a chess game. New Year is a new chess game! You make the right moves, you win the game!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
January Quotes To Help You Carry On Throughout The Month
60. “January is my favorite month, when the light is plainest, least colored. And I like the feeling of beginnings.” ― Anne Truitt
61. “It is deep January. The sky is hard. The stalks are firmly rooted in ice.” ― Wallace Stevens
62. “No one ever regarded the first of January with indifference.” ― Charles Lamb
63. “Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
64. “January, month of empty pockets! let us endure this evil month, anxious as a theatrical producer’s forehead.” ― Sidonie Gabrielle Colette
65. “Your hair is winter fire January embers My heart burns there, too.” ― Stephen King
66. “The thousands small birds of January in their smooth soaring cloud finding the trees.” ― Naomi Shihab Nye
67. “Through the chill of December the early winter moans… but it’s that January wind that rattles old bones.” ― John Facenda
68. “January is the month for dreaming.” ― Jean Hersey
69. “Blessing will happen to you and your family throughout the year because you faster in January.” ― Jentezen Franklin
January motivational quotes
70. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
71. “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
72. “I’ve grown most not from victories, but from setbacks. If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.” – Serena Williams
73. “Just keep going. Everybody gets better if they keep at it .”— Ted Williams
74. “If you don’t fall, how are you going to know what getting up is like?” – Steph Curry
75. “If you wait, all that happens is you get older.” — Larry McMurtry
76. “What we do is more important than what we say or what we say we believe.” – bell hooks
77. “A goal is just a dream with a deadline.” — Drake
78. “Once you really know yourself, can’t nobody tell you nothing about you.” – Megan Thee Stallion
79. “Work hard, never give up and don’t fall in love with yourself .”— Martha Sturdy
80. “A bad day doesn’t mean a bad week or a bad month or a bad year.”― Anuj Jasani
January Quotes To Inspire A Fresh Start
81. “There are two seasonal diversions that can ease the bite of any winter. One is the January thaw. The other is the seed catalogs.” — Hal Borland
82. “December is letting go, Of all the past year’s fails, And starting anew in January, As time again chases its tail.” — Stewart Stafford
83. “I love beginnings. If I were in charge of calendars, every day would be January 1.” — Jerry Spinelli
84. “Don’t wait until February to start living in January.” ― Anthony T. Hincks
85. “New month, new intentions, new goals, new love, new light, and new beginnings.” — April Mae Monterrosa
86. “I like starting projects in January. That’s the best time to start something. It’s so inward.” — Carolyn Chute
87. “January is the quietest month in the garden. … But just because it looks quiet doesn’t mean that nothing is happening.” — Rosalie Muller Wright
88. “No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February.” — Suze Orman
89. “January opens the box of the year And bring out days that are bright and clear And bring out days that are cold and gray And shouts, “Come see what I brought today.“ — Leland B. Jacobs
90. “Drop the last month into the silent limbo of the past and thank God that it can go.” — Brooks Atkinson
January Quotes To Usher in The New Year
91. “Look lak she been livin’ through uh hundred years in January without one day of spring.” ― Zora Neale Hurston
92. “Without Valentine’s Day, February would be… well, January.” ― Jim Gaffigan
93. “The answer is hard work. What are you doing on Christmas Eve? Are you riding your bike? January 1st – are you riding your bike?” ― Lance Armstrong
94. “I co-pastor now, so I preach six months, then another guy preaches six months. So that’s really why I’m preparing for January, because I’ll finish in June; then I’ll be writing and doing other projects for the rest of the year.” ― Max Lucado
95. “I have to admit, in January and February I was in an absolute fuzz. I had no one on board. It wasn’t that I didn’t know what I was doing, but we didn’t have all the pieces put together.” ― Donna Shalala
96. “My dad liked how January went with Jones. My sisters’ names are Jina and Jacey Jones.” ― January Jones
97. “This January, Kevin Costner will be honored by the Palm Springs International Film Festival for his contribution to film. This gives Costner just two months to make a contribution to film.” ― Tina Fey
98. “The first thing [Donald Trump] does on January 20th is take an oath to defend and adhere to the Constitution of the United States.” ― Chuck Todd
99. “This year I invested in pumpkins. They’ve been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they’re going to peak right around January. Then bang! That’s when I’ll cash in.” ― Homer
100. “Honestly, I just go to restaurants to eat so I won’t die. If there was a pill I could take in January and then I wouldn’t have to eat again for the rest of the year, I would take it. Of course, I wouldn’t want to sacrifice my chocolate cake and ice cream.” ― Steven Wright
What new year’s resolutions have you accomplished in the past years?
Millions of people across the world set New Year’s resolutions each year.
Although, studies have shown that 80 percent of people cannot accomplish them throughout the year.
I, like most people, have set resolutions in the past that I failed to achieve.
I’ve realized through those experiences that setting specific, actionable goals is the key to success.
For example, instead of setting a goal of reading more, set the goal of reading one book a month.
Being more specific makes it easier to gauge your successes, which keeps you motivated after January is long gone.
Is there a January quote or saying from above that you have to share with others?
Let us know your favorite below!