The month of January is a beloved period of renewal for many. We hope the January quotes below encourage you to welcome this chilly month with open arms.
What’s your favorite part of January?
Many people are riding the inspiration wave of their new year’s resolutions during January. From eating healthier to traveling more, many people see January as the first chapter of a more fulfilling, enjoyable, and productive life. In the quotes below, we hope to share the positivity often radiating throughout the month.
Make January the first step towards an amazing year. We hope you enjoy these inspirational January quotes from all corners of the internet.
Don’t forget to also read these February quotes that will spring you out of winter.
January quotes about the month
1. “Feeling a little blue in January is normal.” – Marilu Henner
2. “Lots of people go mad in January. Not as many as in May, of course. Nor June. But January is your third most common month for madness.” – Karen Joy Fowler
3. “January is the calendar’s ingrown hair.” – Stewart Stafford
4. “January brings the snow, makes our feet and fingers glow.” – Sara Coleridge
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of snow quotes that celebrate the winter season.
5. “January looks forward to the new year and back to the old year. He sees past and future.” – M.L. Stedman
6. “If I had my way, I would remove January from the calendar altogether and have an extra July instead.” – Roald Dahl
January quotes about winter
7. “I pray this winter be gentle and kind–a season of rest from the wheel of the mind. “ – John Geddes
8. “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” – Anne Bradstreet
9. “Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius.” – Pietro Aretino
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of spring quotes celebrating life, love and change.
10. “Many human beings say that they enjoy the winter, but what they really enjoy is feeling proof against it.” – Richard Adams
Have you seen these Aquarius quotes for January and February babies?
11. “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.” – Hal Borland
12. “Thank goodness for the first snow, it was a reminder–no matter how old you became and how much you’d seen, things could still be new if you were willing to believe they still mattered.” – Candace Bushnell
13. “Welcome, winter. Your late dawns and chilled breath make me lazy, but I love you nonetheless.” – Terri Guillemets
14. “Winter blues are cured every time with a potato gratin paired with a roast chicken.” – Alexandra Guarnaschelli
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of winter quotes celebrating the changes of the season.
15. “Winter forms our character and brings out our best.” – Tom Allen
16. “Winter is a season of recovery and preparation.” – Paul Theroux
17. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.” – Edith Sitwell
18. “I love the scents of winter! For me, it’s all about the feeling you get when you smell pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, gingerbread and spruce.” – Taylor Swift
19. “In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” – Albert Camus
20. “Nothing burns like the cold.” – George R.R. Martin
21. “Snow brings a special quality with it—the power to stop life as you know it dead in its tracks.” – Nancy Hatch Woodward
22. “To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” – Aristotle
Also, read these magnificent March quotes for more inspiration.
January quotes about new beginnings
23. “The magic in new beginnings is truly the most powerful of them all.” – Josiyah Martin
24. “New year—a new chapter, new verse, or just the same old story? Ultimately we write it. The choice is ours.” – Alex Morritt
25. “The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul…” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
26. “What the new year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year.” – Vern McLellan
27. “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.” – Melody Beattie
28. “You can get excited about the future. The past won’t mind.” – Hillary DePiano
29. “Each day is a new beginning, the chance to do with it what should be done and not to be seen as simply another day to put in time.” – Catherine Pulsifer
30. “Every moment is a fresh beginning.” – T.S. Eliot
31. “Every single year, we’re a different person. I don’t think we’re the same person all of our lives.” – Steven Spielberg
32. “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” – Benjamin Franklin
33. “Take a leap of faith and begin this wondrous new year by believing.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
34. “The beginning is the most important part of the work.” – Plato
35. “Change can be scary, but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving, and progressing.” – Mandy Hale
36. “A New Year has tiptoed in. Let’s go forward to meet it.” – Anusha Atukorala
Don’t forget to also read these positive April quotes to keep you pushing forward with positivity.
January quotes about goal setting
37. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
38. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.” – Andrew Carnegie
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes that will brighten your day.
39. “It’s harder to stay on top than it is to make the climb. Continue to seek new goals.” – Pat Summitt
40. “If a goal is worth having, it’s worth blocking out the time in your day-to-day life necessary to achieve it.” – Jill Koenig
41. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
42. “You should set goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for.” – Ted Turner
43. “The greater danger for most of us isn’t that our aim is too high and miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” – Michelangelo
44. “The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score.” – Bill Copeland
45. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
46. “A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement.” – Bo Bennett
47. “A good goal is like a strenuous exercise — it makes you stretch.” – Mary Kay Ash
48. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
49. “Intention without action is an insult to those who expect the best from you.” – Andy Andrews
50. “Every ceiling, when reached, becomes a floor, upon which one walks as a matter of course and prescriptive right.” – Aldous Huxley
Have you seen these new beginning quotes about starting afresh?
Other inspirational January quotes
51. “JANUARY, The first month of the year, a perfect time to start all over again, changing energies and deserting old moods, new beginnings, new attitudes.” – Charmaine J Forde
52. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language and next year’s words await another voice.” – T.S. Eliot
53. “Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.” – Brad Paisley
54. “There is always an opportunity to start again and again, if the old ways are not working last year, look for better ways of doing it in the new year and start again afresh.” – Bamigboye Olurotimi
55. “New Year is a new morning and a new morning is a new opportunity and a new opportunity is a new path and finally a new path is a new richness!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also like our collection of October quotes about its nature and beauty.
56. “Dickensian poverty tends to occur after Christmas in January. For it is then, with pockets empty, diary decimated and larder bare, that the general populace sinks into a collective pauper’s hibernation until Valentine’s Day.” – Stewart Stafford
57. “Let us do something incredible this New Year: Let us try to see the world from the window of other cultures!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
58. “Here is an unchanging truth valid for all the New Year’s: The more you believe in luck, the less successful you will be!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
59. “Every year is a chess game. New Year is a new chess game! You make the right moves, you win the game!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
What new year’s resolutions have you accomplished in the past years?
Millions of people across the world set New Years’ resolutions each year. Although, studies have shown that 80 percent of people fail to accomplish them throughout the year. I, like the majority of people, have set resolutions in the past that I failed to achieve. What I’ve realized through those experiences is that setting specific, actionable goals is the key to success.
For example, instead of setting a goal of reading more set the goal of reading one book a month. Being more specific makes it easier to gauge your successes, which keeps you motivated after January is long gone.
Is there a January quote or saying from above that you have to share with others? Let us know your favorite below!
February 25, 2021 6:00 AM EST