These comeback quotes will inspire you to keep going when things are tough.
Life knocks us down, tests our resilience, and challenges our spirit, but it doesn’t have to break us.
Like the heroes we admire in stories of triumph and redemption, we possess the strength to rise from the ashes and make a comeback.
Whether facing personal setbacks or battling against the odds, these words of wisdom serve as beacons of hope and reminders of our indomitable spirit.
You may also enjoy our article on:
From Rocky Balboa’s legendary “It ain’t about how hard you hit” to Maya Angelou’s poetic “Still I rise,” these quotes encapsulate the essence of resilience, determination, and the unwavering belief in our ability to overcome adversity.
So, dust off your spirit, ignite the fire within, and join us as we unveil the transformative power of these empowering comeback quotes.
Let us know your favorite comeback quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading comeback quotes?
When you experience a bad turn of luck or fall short of your goals, it’s incredibly satisfying to make a comeback and triumph in the end.
Sadly, we will all encounter a time when we are faced with the decision to stage a comeback or give up.
We all love seeing the underdog come out on top.
Now, sometimes you might encounter somebody who is:
It is worse when that person is all three things!
However, it’s a sweet victory when you can deliver the perfect witty comeback to someone else’s snarky comment.
Having that sharp retort or clever quip at hand is tricky, and it always seems to occur to us long after the right time to use it.
You can stage a remarkable comeback
Besides your professional life or athletic development, where else can you make a great comeback?
Whether you need a quick answer for a cutting comment or seek motivation after a setback, the comeback quotes and sayings below will help you prepare to make an inspiring comeback.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Comeback quotes to motivate you after a setback
1. “To have a comeback, you have to have a setback.” – Mr. T
You will also enjoy our article on instagram bio quotes.
2. “That’s the greatest comeback since Lazarus.” – Sid Waddell
3. “Nothing is cooler and more attractive than a big comeback, and that’ll be me.” – Steven Adler
You will also enjoy our article on Facebook quotes.
4. “I’m always making a comeback, but nobody ever tells me where I’ve been.” – Billie Holiday
5. “Making a comeback is one of the most difficult things to do with dignity.” – Greg Lake
You will also enjoy our article on perseverance quotes.
6. “Turn every setback into a comeback” – Kobe Bryant
7. “You only think of the best comeback when you leave.” – Jimmy Fallon
8. “I’m a comeback waiting to happen. No one deserves it more than I do.” – Sean Young
You will also enjoy our article on pain quotes.
9. “I am facing a challenge, I am not facing defeat. Remember this.” – Nikki Rowe
10. “Fall down seven times, get up eight.” – Naoki Higashida
Quotes About Great Comebacks in Sports
11. “No matter how hard it is or how hard it gets, I’m going to make it.” –
You will also enjoy our article on mistake quotes.
12. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”– Nelson Mandela
You will also enjoy our article on mindset quotes.
13. “I’ve learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.”– Tom Landry
You will also enjoy our article on quotes by famous people.
14. “The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.”– Pele
You will also enjoy our article on savage quotes.
15. “I don’t know if God is a sports fan or not, but I do know this: He loves a good comeback.” – Lane Kiffin
You will also enjoy our article on waiting quotes.
16. “The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.”– Ernie Banks
You will also enjoy our article on second chances quotes.
17. “When you’ve got something to prove, there’s nothing greater than a challenge.” – Terry Bradshaw
You will also enjoy our article on never give up quotes.
18. “You can never have the comeback if you don’t have the retirement.” — Chael Sonnen
You will also enjoy our article on hunting quotes.
19. “Any good comeback needs some true believers.” – John Boehner
You will also enjoy our article on social media quotes.
20. “America loves a good comeback story!” — Laura van den Berg
You will also enjoy our article on witty quotes.
21. “Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.”– Marv Levy
You will also enjoy our article on attitude quotes.
You will also enjoy our article on be real quotes.
23. “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
Also, check out our list of motivational Good Will Hunting quotes that will inspire you to realize your potential.
Comeback Quotes From Successful People About Being an Underdog
24. “I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the underdog, I still prepare a victory speech.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on Coming to America quotes.
25. “I’ve always felt like the underdog, and I’m comfortable with that label.” – Pink
You will also enjoy our article on Lost Boys quotes.
26. “Don’t say Aretha is making a comeback, because I’ve never been away!” — Aretha Franklin
27. “I’ve always been an underdog. I feel like I beat the odds.” – J. Cole
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of J. Cole quotes and lyrics on life & love.
28. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.”- Billie Jean King
29. “The moment you give up is the moment you let someone else win.” – Kobe Bryant
30. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up.” –Michael Jordan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of short motivational quotes that will get you ready to tackle the day.
Comeback Quotes About Finding the Perfect Snarky Comeback Way Too Late
31. “I was the undersized underdog who people never gave a chance. From that, the motivation to prove people wrong just grew and grew.” – Baker Mayfield
32. “To admit you want to have a comeback means you have to admit you weren’t what you were supposed to be. You dropped below your own standard.” – Marilyn Manson
33. “There’s nothing as exciting as a comeback – seeing someone with dreams, watching them fail, and then getting a second chance.” – Rachel Griffiths
34. “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.” – Vince Lombardi
35. “There is nothing as sweet as a comeback, when you are down and out, about to lose, and out of time.” – Anne Lamott
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of cool quotes about keeping a relaxed mind.
36. “During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball.” – Mickey Mantle
37. “To uncover your true potential you must first find your own limits and then you have to have the courage to blow past them.” – Picabo Street
You might also like these quotes on second chances in life, love and more.
Witty comeback quotes
38. “Of course I talk like an idiot. How else could you understand me?” – Unknown
39. “There’s no need to repeat yourself. I ignored you just fine the first time.” – Unknown
40. “Never give up, never give in, and when the upper hand is ours, may we have the ability to handle the win with the dignity that we absorbed the loss.”– Doug Williams
41. “I’d agree with you but then we’d both be wrong.” – Unknown
42. “Insecure people don’t stage comebacks, since they don’t leave the scene.” — Atif Aslam
43. “Whenever I take a break for a couple of years, people use the term ‘comeback.’” — Pranitha Subhash
44. “By making a comeback, I’m changing the attitude of people toward me. If I’d known that people would react so enthusiastically, I’d have done it years ago.” — Mark Spitz
45. “I’ve found puddles deeper than you.” – Unknown
46. “Comeback is a good word, man.” — Mickey Rourke
47. “I would love to make a comeback, but I don’t know if people would want to see me.” — Karan Kapoor
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure also to check out these new month quotes that inspire new beginnings.
Hilarious comeback quotes
48. “You’re about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.” – Unknown
49. “It’s hilarious watching you try to fit your entire vocabulary into one sentence.” – Unknown
50. “The village called. They’d like their idiot back.” – Unknown
51. “Oh you’re talking to me, I thought you only talked behind my back.” – Unknown
52. “It’s a shame you can’t Photoshop your personality.” – Unknown
53. “My name must taste good because it’s always in your mouth.” – Unknown
54. “I’m an acquired taste. If you don’t like me, acquire some taste.” – Unknown
Don’t forget to also check out these warrior quotes on having an unbeatable mind.
Motivational comeback quotes
55. “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” ― John F. Kennedy
56. “The true measure of success is how many times you can bounce back from failure.” – Stephen Richards
57. “Success is how high you bounce back after you hit bottom.”– General George Patton
58. “To persevere is important to everybody. Don’t give up. Don’t Give in. There is always an answer to everything.” – Louis Zamperini
59. “I do a movie once every four years and they call it a comeback.” – Pam Grier
60. “Comebacks don’t seem likely when your back is up against the wall and your hope is depleted. But if you will stay the course, you will discover God’s power to reverse the irreversible in your life.” — Tony Evans
61. “A great champion deals with setback with a comeback.” – Donna de Varona
62. “A champion is defined by the adversity he overcomes.” – Anderson Silva
63. “You may be in a tough time but that setback is simply a setup for a greater comeback.” – Joel Osteen
64. “Your setback is just a setup for your comeback.” – Steve Harvey
More comeback quotes and sayings
65. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
66. “When you’re crying, your tears may be watering the seeds of your come-back.” – Steve Maraboli
67. “A setback only paves a way for a comeback.” – Evander Holyfield
68. “Even when you have doubts, take that step. Take chances. Mistakes are never a failure – they can be turned into wisdom.” – Cat Cora
69. “Sometimes loneliness makes the loudest noise.” – Aaron Ben-Ze’ev
70. “It’s not too late for a new beginning.” – Eleanor Brown
71. “Books can teach you many nice comebacks.” – Tamuna Tsertsvadze
72. “A comeback is a setback that did its homework, learned the lesson, and then moved forward.” – Eleanor Brown
73. “Kindness is the key that opens the door of favour and beautiful surprises.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
74. “I’m coming back and I’m coming back swinging!”― Benjamin Ford Crouch
75. “My comeback was not about winning or losing; it was about the feeling of being able to compete at top level again.” – Thomas Muster
76. “I feel blessed to have as many comebacks as I can.” – Paula Abdul
Comeback quotes to motivate you to try again
76. “The truth is, you don’t learn much from winning, but losing can make you a lot stronger.”― Drew Brees
77. “When you hit hard tough stuff, do you feel flattened because of it or rebound in a new direction to keep living, loving, moving, and growing?” – Susan C. Young
78. “Own the sadness, don’t let it own you.” – Kwame Alexander
79. “It’s just one miss, but you’re gonna have a whole lotta makes in this life, ’cause you’re just that good, and it’s okay to be down and upset as long as you’re not down and out.” – Kwame Alexander
80. “Failure is a part of the process. You just learn to pick yourself back up.” ― Michelle Obama
81. “Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.” – Marilyn Monroe
82. “It’s not how far you fall, but how high you bounce that counts.” – Zig Ziglar
83. But ultimately what matters most is resilience–the ability to quickly rebound from failures, indeed to see failure as a stepping stone to success.” – Arianna Huffington
84. “Start today creating a vision for yourself, your life, and your career. Bounce back from adversity and create what you want, rebuild and rebrand.” – Germany Kent
85. “Success is sweet, especially when your enemies thought nothing good can come out of your life again.” – Bamigboye Olurotimi
Thought-provoking comeback quotes to help you bounce back
86. “Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.” – Henry Ford
87. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
88. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
89. “Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.” – Robert Kiyosaki
90. “You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.” – Maxwell Maltz
91. “Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going.’ – Roy T. Bennett
92. “A career is a series of ups and downs, of comebacks.” – Steve Guttenberg
93. “Under pressure, would I fold and disappear, or would I show everyone that when bad things happen, you fight?”― Drew Brees
94. “I just showed the world tonight, everyone suffering from mental health. You can comeback, it can be done.” – Tyson Fury
95. “The secret of life is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.” — Paulo Coelho
Comeback quotes to make you strong
96. “Recovery is full of ups and downs.
There is no such thing as a linear life.
But you can always turn your setbacks into setups to come back stronger.”― Brittany Burgunder
97. “When real people fall down in life, they get right back up and keep walking.” – Sarah Jessica Parker
98. “I’m making the comeback of the century.” – Bob Backlund
99. “Those who mastered in the art of falling have no fear of rising!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
100. “You are right, I do fall down a lot.
But that wouldn’t be true if I never stood back up.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
101. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
102. “Wallowing in self-pity hurts no one except you. Boss up and find a way to get going again.”― Germany Kent
103. “It’s not the failures in our life that define us, it’s the moments when we decide that getting back up is all that matters.” – Joel Brown
104. “It’s not about not getting knocked down. It’s about building yourself back 100X.”― Hiral Nagda
105. “Everyone falls down. Getting back up is how you learn how to walk.” – Walt Disney
Comeback quotes to inspire you during setbacks
106. “A setback often moves us to a road that is even worse, but leads to an even better destination.”― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
107. “The tougher the setback, the better the comeback.” ― Bernard Osei Annang
108. “Success is about handling the setbacks, problems and mess, over and over.” ― Sharon Pearson
109. “Disappointment is a natural part of the schedule if you plan on winning.” ― Johnnie Dent Jr.
110. “When you have a setback it is actually a set forth of great you and greater things for you in the future.”― Aiyaz Uddin
111. “Almost every so-called setback is an opportunity for growth, learning, self-love, wisdom and humility.”― Rasheed Ogunlaru
112. “A broken candle still lights, a broken crayon still colors.” ― Amit Kalantri
113. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” – Thomas A. Edison
114. “You can cry again or You can try again. Choice is yours.” ― Soham Mondal
115. “Don’t be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That’s only the initial impression.” – Olga Korbut
Comeback Quotes That Bring You Memories
116. “What makes a person a success is how they handle the lows in life and how they make their comeback.” — Chelsea Krost
117. “I had to develop the mentality and stay positive about making my comeback.” — Alonzo Mourning
118. “Well, I can throw a mean comeback, so there’s that. I will crush them on wit.” — Rachel Caine
119. “The backpackers are back on the bandwagon like this was my comeback season back, back in the day.” — Drake
120. “The person who receives the most favors is the one who knows how to return them.” — Publilius Syrus
121. “I’m not really keen on comebacks. Eurythmics was an incredible thing. When I look back on that work, I feel very satisfied with it.” — Annie Lennox
122. “So people will come along and do new things and sometimes return to the spirit of an earlier age.” — Norman McLaren
123. “Now I’m making a comeback into the industry. Everyone is receiving me with open arms.” — Tony Sunshine
124. “I made a little money. And like the Bible says, I was enjoying the fruits of my labor. This is my comeback. This is me doing what I love to do.” — Mr. T
125. “The most effective comeback to an insult is silence.” — Russell Lynes
Comeback quotes for Instagram
126. “Today’s struggle is tomorrow’s strength, today’s setback is tomorrow’s comeback” – Amit Kalantri
127. “Setbacks have an upside; they fuel new dreams.” ― Dara Torres
128. “You should not let setbacks crush your spirit.”― Stanley T. Crawford
129. “I’ve had a few setbacks in my life. But I never gave up.” ― Marry S. Truman
130. “We do not mature with age. We mature with the setbacks that we face in life!”
― Avijeet Das
131. “Don’t watch the clock. Do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
132. “Setbacks allow us to take a step back and look at the view from a whole.”
― Brittany Burgunder
134. “Turn a setback into a comeback.” ― Kevin J. Donaldson
135. “We need to learn from our errors and move on.” – Steve Maraboli
Comeback Quotes To Encourage You To Bounce Back After A setback
136. “You can make a comeback, but ONLY if you believe you can.” — Nathan Lee Morales
137. “The comeback is always powerful than the failure.” — Invajy
138. “When a ‘setback’ brings a ‘comeback,’ that’s grace in action!” — Evinda Lepins
139. “It’s never too late to make a comeback.” — Christina Katz
140.“It’s not all over, till you have the courage to comeback.” — Invajy
141. It’s not about the setback; it’s about the comeback.” — Robyn Benincasa
142. “Comeback! Even as a shadow, even as a dream.” — Anne Carson
143. “i’m like a ‘comeback kid’ – you can’t keep me down for long!” — Nicola Adams
144. “If you have a setback, Don’t take a step back- Get ready for a comeback!” — Tim Storey
145. “A quick comeback is usually meant as license to be mean.” — Steven Petrow
Comeback Quotes To Become a Better Version of Yourself
146. “The stardom thing happened and now I’m trying to make a comeback, if you want to call it that.” — Leif Garrett
147. “I think about making a comeback every single day. I went running, I went training, did that for a few days. But my body couldn’t handle it.” — Oscar De La Hoya
148. I’m never going to be content with a comeback when you end up losing … You can’t just accept being in a game that’s close and end up losing it. It’s just not okay.” — Charlie Weis
149. “The selection rules are the same for everybody. I am trying to make a comeback just like some other players who got dropped after the Pakistan tour. I hope my time will come.” — Sourav Ganguly
150. “I’m always making a comeback but nobody ever tells me where I’ve been.” — Billie Holiday
151. “I’m coming back. Write it down in big letters. I’m not going out like this.” — Mariano Rivera
152. “Every setback has a major comeback.” — Russell Wilson
153. “When I first made the comeback it was more about getting fit and hopefully inspiring others to lead a better life… for me to achieve what I have achieved over the last two years has been a dream come true.” — Geoff Huegill
154. “A comeback is possible so let’s hope it’s a good day for us. Arsenal is a very fast team but we can get through.” — Manuel Pellegrini
155. “A setback is a setup for a comeback.” — Les Brown
Comeback Quotes That Get You Back in Style
156. “I owe a great deal of thanks to this man who will be gracious enough to say I’ve helped him with his career and comeback, but it’s every bit the opposite.” ― Shane Black
157. “I’ve always made some legendary comebacks since 1998 when it first started. So that’s kind of just been my MO for my whole career.” ― Serena Williams
158. “Let me tell you something: for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country, because it feels like hope is finally making a comeback.” ― Michelle Obama
159. “You know, marriage is making a big comeback. I know personally that in Hollywood people are marrying people they never married before.” ― Bob Hope
160. “Remember this, classics never make a comeback. They wait for that perfect moment to take the spotlight from overdone, tired trends.” ― Tabatha Coffey
161. “It’s not easy being a father, but I’ve been allowed a comeback.” ― Alan King
162. “Unlike an external enemy, the inner enemy cannot regroup and launch a comeback once it has been destroyed from within.” ― Dalai Lama
163. “It was an amazing win and testament to the character of the team. From the position we were in it must be one of the greatest comebacks.” ― Adam Gilchrist
164. “A setback only paves the way for a comeback.” ― Evander Holyfield
165. “If Lance is clean, it is the greatest comeback in the history of sports. If he isn’t, it would be the greatest fraud.” ― Greg LeMond
Powerful Comeback Quotes to Inspire Resilience
166. “Oppression is more easily endured than insult.” ― Junius
167. “One of the greatest things about playing a villain is people wondering when he’s going to make his comeback.” ― Michael McMillian
168. “If we invest in the American people, the American people always bring this Nation a good return.” ― Blanche Lincoln
169. “When I look at things, I always see the space they occupy. I always want the space to reappear, to make a comeback, because it’s lost space when there’s something in it.” ― Andy Warhol
170. “A setback is nothing but a setup for a comeback.” ― Dennis Kimbro
171. “What you think is a setback, is really a set-up for a greater comeback!” ― Joel Osteen
172. “Not to be loved is a misfortune, but it is an insult to be loved no longer.” ― Baron de Montesquieu
173. “Nearly everything you do is of no importance, but it is important that you do it.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
174. “The circle of the return to birth can only remain open, but this is a chance, a sign of life, and a wound.” ― Jacques Derrida
175. “We all had lots of stories of our sad experiences – they mourned the death of my wife with me – but we were hopeful that the children would return.” ― Otto Frank
Comeback Quotes to Motivate and Encourage Your Comeback Journey
176. “We are equally glad and surprised at Winston’s return to office. It shows that he was built for success that he should have declined to withdraw and sulk over a superficial failure.” ― Shane Leslie
177. “On the way to work good-hearted young girls sometimes offer me their seats, which I accept and bless them in return, a transaction satisfying to all concerned.” ― Lionel Blue
178. “One thing that has made a big comeback just recently is this business of speaking with the dead. To my innocent mind, ‘dead’ implies incapable of communicating.” ― James Randi
179. “Sometimes I think I might insult people by being openly flirtatious, then snatching it back.” ― Dominique Swain
180. “Ultimately, there is no compromise. Westerners will either retain their civilization, including the right to insult and blaspheme, or not.” ― Daniel Pipes
181. “My family is involved and my wife Brenda is a great, great writer. She helps me with the writing of everything and also sings with me. I owe a lot to Brenda.” ― Rick Derringer
182. “Consciousness itself is an infinite regress. This explains coincidences.” ― Robert Anton Wilson
183. “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.” ― Vince Lombardi
184. “Small mistakes tend to lead to large ones. Ours is a lifetime appoinment, and all you have is your reputation. Once it’s gone, it doesn’t comeback.” ― David Baldacci
185. “For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.” ― Leonardo da Vinci
Comeback Quotes To Help You Rise Up
186. “I think my best times were in the ’70s, when I made the comeback. Then there was 1976, when ‘Shove It’ came along.” ― Johnny Paycheck
187. “Every time I do a TV series or a film, I am asked if it’s a comeback. No, it’s more about getting a good role or not.” ― Mohnish Bahl
188. “To be honest, my videos are for myself. I didn’t look at social media as a vehicle for my comeback.” ― Sameera Reddy
189. “After I made my comeback in 2002 and won the Jaws Tow-In World Cup, the eyes of the surfing world were on me in a way they’d never been before.” ― Garrett McNamara
190. “When a director is making a movie after four years, it’s not considered his comeback. It should be same with actors.” ― Mahima Chaudhry
191. “I’m in this profession because of Mani Ratnam. He was the one who brought me here. He taught me everything. And he inspired me to make a comeback.” ― Arvind Swami
192. “I’m still not ready to come back and ‘And Once Again’ is just a one-off film that I’m doing. It’s not my comeback film.” ― Antara Mali
193. “People usually start off on a high note in their careers and then wane off and then restart with a comeback.” ― Divya Dutta
194. “I have watched a documentary on Caster Semenya. I am inspired by how she made a comeback.” ― Dutee Chand
195. “There have been many boxing comebacks over the years, and sadly many of them do not have a happy ending.” ― Carl Froch
Comeback Quotes To Unlock Your New Power
196. “Wrestling died. It had a comeback in the early ’90s just through word of mouth with Brian Dixon’s shows.” ― William Regal
197. “The Comeback’ is so cringey and difficult, but watching it, what I was really struck with was the kindness and the generosity.” ― Raphael Bob-Waksberg
198. “I’ve been around a lot of greats I seen in this industry that have problems, but the comeback can be that much greater.” ― Scott Storch
199. “In the Depression, big musicals made a comeback.” ― Katherine Kelly
200. “I’ve built a career on the survival skill I honed early on: being a smart aleck who is good with a fast comeback.” ― Bobby Bones
201. “I like to introduce a few lost gems when I can to fellow word-lovers, and would genuinely love some of them to make a comeback.” ― Susie Dent
202. “’The Biggest Loser’ was only a steppingstone to my comeback, to my ultimate success. It was a vehicle to give me my life back. It was a vehicle to give me my health.” ― Rulon Gardner
203. “In the single group format, where each team plays against the other, it gives a chance to the established outfits to make a comeback if they falter in the early games.” ― Inzamam-ul-Haq
204. “We need to show character whenever we concede a goal and try to make a comeback.” ― Nicolas Anelka
205. “I’m passionate again about writing. This is important to me; it’s got to be the comeback book.” ― Jeffrey Archer
206. “Looking back at all the people I have insulted, I am mildly surprised that I am still allowed to exist.” ― Auberon Waugh
207. “The rich are always advising the poor, but the poor seldom return the compliment.” ― Lord Chesterfield
208. “There is nothing that people bear more impatiently, or forgive less, than contempt: and an injury is much sooner forgotten than an insult.” ― Lord Chesterfield
209. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.” ― Serena Williams
210. “You’re never a loser until you quit trying.” ― Mike Ditka
211. “I was making comebacks every single year. That makes it difficult mentally. It causes a lot of stress.” ― Marat Safin
212. “I hate every minute of training. But I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” ― Muhammad Ali
213. “The true competitors, though, are the ones who always play to win.” ― Tom Brady
214. “Every time I show up to do something here, it’s considered a comeback. If I came into town and they didn’t call it that, I’d be disappointed.” ― Sheena Easton
215. “Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.” ― Napoleon Hill
Which of these comeback quotes inspired you to give it your all?
When you’re on the athletic field, it comes from enduring failures and losses, learning from them all the while.
After you eventually triumph, you’ll feel the satisfaction of an extraordinary comeback.
Maybe your difficulties are in a different part of your life, like your job, your creative side, or your personal life.
Wherever you are, your setbacks create an opportunity to persevere and make an inspirational comeback.
Finally, when it comes to conversation, a great funny comeback has to be delivered quickly and decisively, with the perfect blend of clever wit and dry humor.
Now you are prepared to make your own great comeback.
Which of these comeback quotes and sayings inspired you to give it your all.
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.