Since you love your country, you will enjoy reading and sharing these country quotes.
We have compiled a list of the most inspiring quotes about countries.
These quotes are associated with patriotism and our love for our country.
Apart from the quotes section, we have also talked about how to love your country.
So let’s dive in!
How to love your country
Loving your country is always good, as our homeland is everything to us.
There are different ways to show your love for your country:
- Play your role as an active citizen
- Know your country’s history
- Show interest in studying patriotic legends
- Wear national flag emblems
- Celebrate national holidays
Play your role as an active citizen
Being a responsible and active citizen will be perfect if you want to show your love for your country.
This would allow you to demonstrate how much you love your homeland.
For instance, you can take part in the political process and play your role in strengthening your country’s democracy.
Know your country’s history
Another way to show your love for your country is to learn about its historical background.
By doing this, you can understand how people have given their lives for the country’s independence.
The most common historical events include:
- Struggle for independence
- Wars fought and won
- Political events
- Historical perspective of our relationship with other countries
It also allows you to know how your country responded to difficult situations.
Show interest in studying patriotic legends
Apart from focusing on the current events of your country, it would also be great to study patriotic legends.
You must try to read stories about such legends, who have even given their lives to the country.
By knowing the heroic tales of these people, you can boost your patriotism.
Wear national flag emblems
This is another way to show your love for the country.
You can wear patriotic colors and other accessories to relate to your country.
In addition, you can also purchase national flags or even bumper stickers for your car.
You can also hang a flag on the front lawn of your house.
By doing so, you can show unconditional reverence for your country.
Celebrate national holidays
Certain days in our calendar year are special for our country.
Celebrating the national holidays with zeal and passion can help demonstrate your patriotism for the country.
For instance, patriotism demands celebrating independence day with utmost devotion and commitment to the country.
Top 10 country quotes
Here is the list of the top 10 country quotes to define the real value of patriotism.
1. “Any cook should be able to run the country.” — Vladimir Lenin
2. “God made the country, and man made the town.” — William Cowper
3. “I believe that a strong man makes a strong country.” — Jair Bolsonaro
4. “Humanity has won its battle. Liberty now has a country.” — Marquis De Lafayette
5. “Cross-country skiing is great if you live in a small country.” — Steven Wright
6. “Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what’s for lunch.” — Orson Welles
7. “The undiscovered country from whose bourn no traveler returns.” — William Shakespeare
8. “India happens to be a rich country inhabited by very poor people.” — Manmohan Singh
9. “Our country was founded by geniuses, but it’s being run by idiots.” — John Kennedy
10. “A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government.” — Edward Abbey
Great country quotes
Take a look at these country quotes to learn more about the value of supporting one’s country and how it can help ensure its survival.
11. “Ethiopia is such a great country, beautiful place.” — Flea
12. “We have a great country, we are a great nation – let us trust in it.” — Felipe VI of Spain
13. “Is bankrupting this great country the top priority of this administration?” — Corrine Brown
14. “It’s a great country, where anybody can grow up to be president… except me.” — Barry Goldwater
15. “In this great country, we celebrate success. We don’t want to penalize those who have done well.” — Kamala Harris
16. “It’s when we care for each other – choosing inclusion and love over division and hatred – that this great country is at its greatest.” — Tulsi Gabbard
17. “I have always been very confident and very upbeat about the future potential of India. I think it is a great country with great potential.” — Ratan Tata
18. “In the city that the wolf enters, enemies will be close by. An alien force will sack a great country. Allies will cross the mountains and the borders.” — Nostradamus
19. “As the Senator from the most populous and most diverse state in the nation – and as the first Latino Senator from California – let me just say: what a great country this is.” — Alex Padilla
20. “My husband often remarked what a pity it was that a great country like America, which in Europe is still regarded as such a young nation, should be represented seemingly only by old or infirm men.” — Grace Kelly
One country quotes and sayings
Here we have presented one country quotes to read, enjoy and share with your friends.
21. “One country, one constitution, one destiny.” — Daniel Webster
22. “On what rests the hope of the republic? One country, one language, one flag.” — Alexander Henry
23. “In a global world, what happens within one country can all too easily affect others.” — Richard N. Haass
24. “Mathematics knows no races or geographic boundaries; for mathematics, the cultural world is one country.” — David Hilbert
25. “We may disagree among ourselves, but let us never lose sight of that greater battle for one people, one country, one Philippines.” — Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
26. “The U.N. had such lofty goals to eliminate poverty and stop war and cure diseases and help refugees – things that no one country could do.” — Ted Turner
27. “The UN’s unique legitimacy flows from a universal perception that it pursues a larger purpose than the interests of one country or a small group of countries.” — Atal Bihari Vajpayee
28. “I think South Africa has shown it can host such a big event as the World Cup, so why not hold the Olympics at some point in Africa? Maybe not just in one country but in a host of countries.” — Jochen Zeitz
29. “If people are given a chance to experience life in more than one country, they will hate a little less. It’s not a miracle potion, but little by little you can solve problems in the basement of a country, not on the surface.” — Marjane Satrapi
30. “Trade wars aren’t started by countries appealing to respected, independent trade authorities. Rather, trade wars begin when one country decides to violate international trade rules to undercut another country’s industries.” — Ron Wyden
Insightful country quotes
Take a look at the following country quotes to know that no country is exceptional in certain cases and situations.
31. “No country is free unless it is democratic.” — Mustafa Kemal Ataturk
32. “No country can really develop unless its citizens are educated.” — Nelson Mandela
33. “As a woman, I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.” — Virginia Woolf
34. “Terrorism is a persistent and evolving global menace. No country is immune.” — Antonio Guterres
35. “I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth, and I am a citizen of the world.” — Eugene V. Debs
36. “There is no country in the world with the diversity, confidence and talent and black pride like Nigeria.” — Binyavanga Wainaina
37. “I know of no country in which there is so little independence of mind and real freedom of discussion as in America.” — Alexis De Tocqueville
38. “I come from no country, from no city, no tribe. I am the son of the road… all tongues and all prayers belong to me. But I belong to none of them.” — Amin Maalouf
39. “The moon and other celestial bodies should be free for exploration and use by all countries. No country should be permitted to advance a claim of sovereignty.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
40. “Everybody has an opportunity in America. I don’t care if guys whine and complain about this or that. You know, no country affords its inhabitants the opportunities that the U.S.A. gives to its people.” — Bobby Knight
More country quotes to inspire you
Here are some other country quotes to read and bring a new life to your patriotism.
41. “A wise traveler never despises his own country.” — William Hazlitt
42. “What does it say about a country that has to force its women into combat?” — Lauren Boebert
43. “Too bad that all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving taxicabs and cutting hair.” — George Burns
44. “There is nothing about which I am more anxious than my country, and for its sake I am willing to die ten deaths, if that be possible.” — Elizabeth I
45. “This is the greatest country under the sun. But we must not let our love of country, our patriotic loyalty, cause us to abate one whit in our protest against wrong and injustice.” — Madam C. J. Walker
46. “You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.” — Frank Zappa
47. “It’s a great privilege and an honour to have the experiences and opportunities that I do to meet extraordinary Australians right across our country who share a great generosity of spirit.” — Quentin Bryce
48. “I don’t see why we need to stand by and watch a country go communist due to the irresponsibility of its people. The issues are much too important for the Chilean voters to be left to decide for themselves.” — Henry Kissinger
49. “If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother, and the teacher.” — A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
50. “Let us never forget that government is ourselves and not an alien power over us. The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this country.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
51. “The purpose is clear. It is safety with solvency. The country is entitled to both.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
52. “My perspective is if you’re not willing to be called a few names to help out your country, you don’t care enough.” ― Edward Snowden
53. “The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” ― Pablo Casals
54. “Without debate, without criticism no administration and no country can succeed and no republic can survive.” ― John F. Kennedy
55. “Every man who repeats the dogma of Mill that one country is no fit to rule another country must admit that one class is not fit to rule another class.” ― B. R. Ambedkar
56. “The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force.” ― Thomas Jefferson
57. “I don’t like country music, but I don’t mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means ‘put down’.” ― Bob Newhart
58. “No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.” ― George S. Patton
59. “It is the love of country that has lighted and that keeps glowing the holy fire of patriotism.” ― J. Horace McFarland
60. “It may be true that you can’t fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country.” ― Will Durant
Which of these country quotes is your favorite?
Our country is our pride, and we can show it through our patriotism.
The quotes above are motivational enough to strengthen your love for your country.
We have compiled these quotes into different sections to help you find your favorite ones.
In addition, we have selected these quotes with due care, which makes it possible to curate only the best country quotes.
If you have found your favorite quote, just let us know by commenting in the section below.