Fibromyalgia Quotes About the Painful Condition
February 24, 2023 6:00 AM EST
Fibromyalgia quotes are hard to find.
However, we have done the hard task for you by compiling fibromyalgia quotes.
Besides, we have also discussed fibromyalgia, its symptoms, and ways to manage it.
So let’s start!
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a disease characterized by fatigue and muscle pain.
The exact cause of fibromyalgia, it’s still unknown.
However, it is considered that this chronic disorder relates to a combination of physical, psychological, and genetic factors.
With medication and proper treatment, it’s possible to manage excessive pain.
Common Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia symptoms might differ from person to person.
However, here are a few of the most common symptoms of fibromyalgia:
- Widespread muscle stiffness and pain, including areas like shoulder, back, neck, and hips
- Headaches, fatigue, and lower energy level
- Trigger points or tender points that are painful to touch
- A person feels sensitive to noise, bright lights, and temperature
- Gastrointestinal problems like “Irritable Bowel Syndrome” (IBS)
- Difficulty sleeping or insomnia
- Tingling or numbness in the feet or hands
- Anxiety or depression
How to Manage Fibromyalgia
Listed below are the different ways to manage fibromyalgia:
- Manage stress
- Try physical therapy
- Administer proper medication
- Massage therapy and acupuncture
- Psychological counseling
- Change your lifestyle
Managing stress is a great way to lower the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Hence, minimize stress.
For this purpose, you can try various relaxing things like meditation or yoga.
Try Physical Therapy
Physical therapy helps you enhance strength, flexibility, and muscle endurance.
You can learn the basic exercises to minimize fibromyalgia symptoms by visiting a physical therapist.
Administer Proper Medication
Through proper medication, it’s possible to manage the chronic pain and stress associated with fibromyalgia.
For instance, you can take Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) after consulting your physician.
In addition, you can also consider taking antidepressants and muscle relaxants to lower the pain and discomfort.
Acupuncture and Massage Therapy
Massage therapy and acupuncture can also be a great way to manage fibromyalgia.
These therapies can help lower muscular pain by relaxing the ligaments and tendons.
Through psychological counseling, you can manage the negative impact of fibromyalgia on your mental health.
This helps to reduce depression and anxiety.
Change your Lifestyle
Choose a healthy lifestyle to lower the side effects of fibromyalgia and manage this disorder.
This involves eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and getting sufficient sleep.
Top 10 Fibromyalgia Quotes
Let’s start with the shortest and best Fibromyalgia quotes related to this disease.
1. “The greatest evil is physical pain.” — Saint Augustine
2. “Pain is weakness leaving the body.” — Chesty Puller
3. “I’ve certainly experienced physical pain in my life.” — Katey Sagal
4. “Pain is a relatively objective, physical phenomenon.” — Dan Millman
5. “The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain.” — Karl Marx
6. “Marathons are hard because of the physical pain.” — Lance Armstrong
7. “The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure, but to avoid pain.” — Aristotle
8. “Physical pain is my friend. I pursue it every night for four hours.” — Bruce Springsteen
9. “Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.” — Joseph Campbell
10. “It is not death or pain that is to be dreaded, but the fear of pain or death.” — Epictetus
Fibromyalgia Quotes about Pain
These Fibromyalgia quotes discuss the different aspects of pain.
11. “Pain can be exhausting and disruptive to your everyday life.” — Tristan Weaver
12. “Fibromyalgia is an invisible illness, but it doesn’t mean it’s not real.” — Unknown
13. “Positive self-talk is to emotional pain as a pain pill is to physical pain.” — Unknown
14. “Physical pain is easily forgotten, but a moral chagrin lasts indefinitely.” — Santiago Ramon
15. “Fibromyalgia is not just a pain in the muscles, it’s a pain in the heart, a pain in the soul.” — Unknown
16. “I don’t believe in pain management anymore, I believe in trying to cure persistent pain.” — Dr. Moskowitz
17. “Living with chronic pain is hard, but dealing with those who don’t care or understand is harder.” — Unknown
18. “It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.” — Julius Caesar
19. “The longer you have pain, the better your spinal cord gets at producing danger messages to the brain, even if there is no danger in the tissue.” — Dr. Lorimer Moseley
20. “It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don’t agree. The wounds remain. Time – the mind, protecting its sanity – covers them with some scar tissue, and the pain lessens, but it is never gone.” — Rose Kennedy
Fibromyalgia Quotes that are Deep
These are the Fibromyalgia quotes with a philosophy-driven theme.
21. “The only pain in pleasure is the pleasure of the pain.” — Anne Rice
22. “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” — Khalil Gibran
23. “It’s at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys.” — Emil Zatopek
24. “Fibromyalgia is not just a physical illness, it’s a mental and emotional one as well.” — Unknown
25. “Having a chronic illness is like waking up and realizing it’s Monday, every single day.” — Unknown
26. “Every step forward is made at the cost of mental and physical pain to someone.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
27. “Delusional pain hurts just as much as the pain from actual trauma. So what if it’s all in your head?” — Octavia E. Butler
28. “Be comforted with this divine thought that your spiritual and physical pains are the test of the Divine Will.” — Pio of Pietrelcina
29. “A tremendous amount of needless pain and suffering can be eliminated by ensuring that health insurance is universally available.” — Daniel Akaka
30. “I think those who have a terminal illness and are in great pain should have the right to choose to end their own life, and those that help them should be free from prosecution.” — Stephen Hawking
Fibromyalgia Quotes for Encouragement
These Fibromyalgia Quotes will encourage the reader to resist.
31. “Curing your pain is my top priority.” — Tristan Weaver
32. “Extra tolerance to pain can be dangerous.” — Unknown
33. “Everybody faces pain. Everybody has trauma.” — Hunter Biden
34. “Sleeping with chronic pain has its own set of challenges.” — Julian
35. “It’s not just pain. It’s a complete physical, mental and emotional assault on your body.” — Jamie Wingo
36. “There’s nothing like a little physical pain to keep your mind off your emotional problems.” — John E. Sarno
37. “My focus is to forget the pain of life. Forget the pain, mock the pain, reduce it. And laugh.” — Jim Carrey
38. “Being able to walk pain-free is a blessing. Being able to walk without showing the pain is a skill.” — Kylie McPherson
39. “Chronic pain is not all about the body, and it’s not all about the brain—it’s everything. Target everything. Take back your life.” — Sean Mackey
40. “Every citizen who stops smoking, or loses a few pounds, or starts managing his chronic disease with real diligence, is caulking a crack for the benefit of us all.” — Mitch Daniels
Some More Fibromyalgia Quotes
These are some more Fibromyalgia quotes of several types.
41. “Give me life, give me pain, give me myself again.” — Tori Amos
42. “Chronic pain is a problem that affects millions of people worldwide.” — Unknown
43. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” — J. K. Rowling
44. “Fibromyalgia is like a puzzle; the more pieces you find, the clearer the picture becomes.” — Unknown
45. “After great pain, a formal feeling comes. The Nerves sit ceremonious, like tombs.” — Emily Dickinson
46. “Do not be afraid that joy will make the pain worse; it is needed like the air we breathe.” — Goran Persson
47. “Much of your pain is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self.” — Khalil Gibran
48. “Pain has its own noble joy when it starts a strong consciousness of life, from a stagnant one.” — John Sterling
49. “Great is the power of habit. It teaches us to bear fatigue and to despise wounds and pain.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
50. “Fibromyalgia is like a storm inside of your body; sometimes the winds are calm, and sometimes the winds are so severe you think you’re going to break apart.” — Unknown
Which One of these Fibromyalgia Quotes Inspires you the most?
Fibromyalgia quotes are a great way to understand how this disorder can affect a person’s life.
Some of these quotes are associated with different personalities who are popular and suffering from this disorder.
You can share these fibromyalgia quotes with others and let them know the pain and stress of this disease.
If you have found a fibromyalgia quote that inspires you the most, please share it with us via the comments section.
We would love to hear from you!