These selfie quotes and captions will inspire you to craft a badass social media presence.
It goes without saying that selfies are never going to get old.
What was once a strange phenomenon has now become a staple in our everyday lives.
But it’s okay because what better way to share with others than to snap a quick photo to capture a memory?
Due to their popularity, people are always looking for ways to spice up their selfies for social media sharing.
One way of making your selfie stand out is to have a captivating caption to go with it.
A good selfie caption can inspire your fans and gain more followers.
To achieve this, you want to make sure your caption provides context, shows your personality and is engaging to your friends and followers.
One easy way to have an amazing selfie caption is to adopt it from interesting quotes.
In fact, quotes are one of the best sources of inspiration for your selfie captions because they’re usually powerful and they resonate with many people.
To help you craft a badass social media presence, below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous selfie quotes, selfie sayings, and selfie captions, collected over the years from various sources.
You might also like these know your worth quotes to boost your confidence.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Selfie Quotes and Captions for Social Media Expression
1. “My life is my message.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” – Marcus Aurelius
3. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – Andre Gide
4. “Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.” – Elbert Hubbard
5. “The self is made, not given.” ― Barbara Myerhoff
6. “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ―Maya Angelou
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out these motivational quotes for weight loss that will inspire you to achieve!
7. “Don’t give it five minutes if you’re not going to give it five years.” – Megan Markle
8. “Embrace the glorious mess that you are.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
9. “If not us, who? If not now, when?”– John F. Kennedy
10. “Rule #1 of life. Do what makes YOU happy.”– Unknown
Also, check out these Facebook quotes that are perfect to post as your FB status.
Cool selfie quotes and captions
11. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
12. “I’m looking California and feeling Minnesota.” – Chris Cornell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of California quotes that will make you want to pack a bag for the coast.
13. “I’m the one that’s got to die when it’s time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.” – Jimi Hendrix
14. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
15. “I got my own back.” – Maya Angelou
16. “Confidence is not ‘they will like me.’ Confidence is ‘I’ll be fine if they don’t’.” – Unknown
17. “I don’t know where I’m going from here but I promise it won’t be boring.” – David Bowie
18. “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” – Johnny Depp
19. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
20. “With patience you can even cook a stone.” – Unknown
Also, check out these thought-provoking social media quotes.
Selfie quotes for your social media posts
21. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
22. “Stars can’t shine without darkness.” – Unknown
23. “Don’t let others decide who you are.” – Dennis Rodman
24. “Confidence level: selfie with no filter.”- Unknown
25. “Didn’t they tell you that I was a savage?” – Rihanna
26. “I’m not a businessman, I’m a business, man.” – Jay Z
27. “Nothing can stop me, I’m all the way up.” – Fat Joe
28. “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
29. “The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself.” – Eddie Vedder
30. “There are no men like me. Only me.” – Jaime Lannister
You might also like these Vine quotes that will make you LOL
Selfie quotes that will inspire your friends and followers
31. “I don’t have dreams, I have goals.” – Harvey Specter
32. “We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.” – Marilyn Monroe
33. “I am f*cking crazy, but I am free.” – Lana Del Rey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Lana Del Rey quotes that give a glimpse of who she is on a more personal level.
34. “You know I got the sauce, you know I’m saucy.” – Rihanna
35. “Only the real can relate.” — Cardi B
36. ”Never trust people who smile constantly. They’re either selling something or not very bright.”- Laurell K. Hamilton
37. ”I don’t care if you’re black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you’re nice to me, I’ll be nice to you. Simple as that.” – Eminem
38. ”Imma be what I set out to be without a doubt undoubtedly.” – Eminem
39. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
40. “Action will destroy your procrastination.” – Og Mandino
Selfie quotes and captions to inspire you
41. “To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
42. “The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.” – Abraham Lincoln
43. ”Just be yourself man, be proud of who you are.” – Eminem
44. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
45. “Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” —Edgar Bergen
46. “It’s far better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington
47. ”Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
48. ”Smile in the mirror. Do that every day and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” –Yoko Ono
49. ”If I was you, I’d wanna be me too.” – Meghan Trainor
50. ”Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.” – Audrey Hepburn
You might also like these love yourself quotes that will increase your self-esteem.
Thoughtful selfie quotes and captions
51. “A person with a sharp tongue will eventually cut themselves.” – J. Robson Koenig
52. “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
53. “Do your own thinking independently. Be the chess player, not the chess piece.” – Ralph Charell
54. “The important thing to remember is not to forget.” – Benny Bellamacina
55. “We tend to get what we expect.” – Norman Vincent Peale
56. “Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.” – Confucius
57. “One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.” – Rita Mae Brown
58. “When I die cremate me so I can finally fit into something small.” – Xondra Day
59. “Never miss a good chance to shut up.” – Will Rogers
60. “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” – John C. Maxwell
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Instagram Bio quotes that define the real you.
More selfie quotes and sayings
61. “Too much of a good thing is toxic.” – Aysha Taryam
62. “Your angles don’t matter, if the posture of your heart isn’t right.” – Andrena Sawyer
63. “Be the woman who falls so deeply in love with herself that nothing can stop her from loving all of life!” – Erin Fall Haskell
64. “A selfie has more face and fewer feelings.” – Amit Kalantri
65. “The purpose of a camera is to capture memories, not replace them.” – Abhijit Naskar
66. “Selfies often deceive us into believing that some people love themselves, or the way they look.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
67. “A good selfie is when you successfully capture the feeling of that very moment!” – Anamika Mishra
68. “A selfie has nothing to do with ego. It is a constant search for perfection.” – Chloe Thurlow
69. “A selfie is proof that either we are very lonely or too self-absorbed to ask others to take our picture.” – Saru Singhal
70. “My life my selfie!” – Ken Poirot
Don’t forget to also check out these purple quotes from inspiration to fashion.
Interesting selfie quotes & captions to use on your socials
71. “Whatever is good for your soul, do that.” – Anurup
72. “Having the dream is easy, making it come true is hard.” – Serena Williams
73. “Be heroes of your own stories.” – Constance Wu
74. “My coach said I run like a girl. So I said if he ran a little faster he could too.” – Mia Hamm
75. “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
76. “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” — Oscar Wilde
77. “Some call it arrogant, I call it confidence.” — Beyoncé
78. “I exist as I am, that is enough.” — Walt Whitman
79. “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” — W.B. Yeats
80. “I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.” — Augusten Burroughs
Selfie quotes that are perfect as social media captions
81. “When it comes to me I wouldn’t wanna be anybody else.” — Selena Gomez & The Scene
82. “I’ll be the one you remember.” — Drake
83. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” — Herman Melville
84. “You change the world by being yourself.” — Yoko Ono
85. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
86. “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” — Bob Marley
87. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” — Maya Angelou
88. “Embrace what makes you unique, even if it makes others uncomfortable.” — Janelle Monae
89. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
90.“Stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.” — Michelle Obama
Short Selfie Quotes And Captions To Keep The Fire Burning
91. “Forget the failures. Keep the lessons.” — Dalai Lama
92. “If you can’t change your fate, change your attitude.” — Amy Tan
93. “I can take it. The tougher it gets, the cooler I get.” — Richard Nixon
94. “Yet you can’t learn to be cool, it’s more a personality trait.” — Joeri Van Den Bergh
95. “Those who think it is not cool to be kind are cold hearted.” — Catherine Pulsifer
96. “If you really want something, you can figure out how to make it happen.” — Cher
97. “Being cool is being your own self, not doing something that someone else is telling you to do.” — Vanessa Hudgens
98. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” — Helen Keller
99. “Confidence is contagious and so is lack of confidence.” — Vince Lombardi
100. “If you run out of ideas, follow the road; you’ll get there.” — Edgar Allan Poe
Which of these selfie quotes and captions was your favorite?
Social media has allowed people from diverse backgrounds to meet, share and inspire others.
Selfie captions can be a great way to inspire your followers, so why not take advantage and be a source of inspiration to others?
Nothing is as fulfilling as knowing you have inspired someone else’s life.
Hopefully, the above quotes will help you figure out the perfect selfie caption.
Did you enjoy these selfie quotes?
Do you have any favorite selfie quotes and captions to share with us?
Let us know in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
November 15, 2022 5:00 AM EST