These women supporting women quotes are perfect for helping us females lift each other up!
They are also excellent ways to help our male counterparts understand why this is a thing.
Men have always supported other men—think of the “good ole boy” mentally.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a LeanIn.Org and McKinsey & Company study, women with access to senior-level sponsors are 27% more likely than those without sponsors to ask for a raise.
Supporting other women by acting as a sponsor or mentors can significantly impact their career success.
Women supporting women has recently become a whole movement—and I am so here for it! It is all about positivity and female solidarity.
You might have seen the women supporting women challenge on Instagram.
If you missed it, then you should check out Instagram!
The challenge itself involves posting a black-and-white picture of yourself.
Then you nominate other women to join in using the hashtag #challengeaccepted.
Celebrities, including Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Garner, and many more, took to Instagram to participate.
According to an Instagram spokesperson, the challenge was a means to “celebrate strength, spread love, and remind all women that supporting each other is everything.”
Keep reading these women supporting women quotes to learn more about how we can support each other in our everyday lives!
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Short Women Supporting Women Quotes
In a survey by the Women’s Sports Foundation, 90% of female executives and women in high-level positions in the corporate world had played sports in their youth.
Encouraging and supporting girls to participate in sports can build confidence and help prepare them for leadership roles later in life.
1. “Real women support women.” — Unknown
2. “Support other women. Period.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on quotes for girls.
3. “Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” — Emma Watson
4. “Well-behaved women rarely make history.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on black women quotes.
5. “Behind every great woman… is another great woman.” — Kate Hodges
You will also enjoy our article on womens day quotes.
6. “I want every girl to know that her voice can change the world.” — Malala
You will also enjoy our article on queen quotes.
7. “When women support each other, incredible things happen.” — Unknown
You will also enjoy our article on boss lady quotes.
8. “Girls compete with one another. Women empower each other.” — Unknown
9. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” — Michelle Obama
You will also enjoy our article on alpha female quotes.
10. “I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman.” — Diane Furstenberg
You will also enjoy our article on empowering women quotes.
Women Supporting Women Quotes From Well-Known People
A study by the Peterson Institute for International Economics found that companies with at least 30% female leaders have a net revenue margin up to six percentage points higher than companies with no women in leadership positions.
Supporting and promoting women into leadership positions can positively impact company performance.
11. “A woman with a voice is, by definition, a strong woman.” — Melinda Gates
You will also enjoy our article on sheryl sandberg quotes.
12. “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” — Hillary Clinton
13. “I just want women to always feel in control. Because we’re capable, we’re so capable.” — Nicki Minaj
14. “I believe the rights of women and girls is the unfinished business of the 21st century.” — Hillary Clinton
15. “Feminism is about giving women choice. Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women with.” — Emma Watson
16. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” — Beyoncé
17. “No country can ever truly flourish if it stifles the potential of its women and deprives itself of the contributions of half its citizens.” — Michelle Obama
18. “No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back.” — Kamala Harris
19. “Some women choose to follow men, and some choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” — Lady Gaga
20. “I want to build a community where women of all races can communicate and … continue to support and take care of each other. I want to give women a space to feel their own strength and tell their stories. That is power.” — Beyoncé
Inspiring Women Supporting Women Quotes
21. “A glowing woman can help other women glow and still be lit.” — Christy Cole
22. “Here’s to strong women: May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” — Unknown
23. “There is nothing stronger than a broken woman who has rebuilt herself.” — Hannah Gadsby
24. “The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first.” — Iyanla Vanzant
25. “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.” — Audre Lorde
26. “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another, we’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” — Serena Williams
27. “Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women.” — Maya Angelou
28. “Embrace everything you are as a woman. Even your flaws too. And the things that you want to fix, you make them better.” — Kelly Rowland
29. “The world needs strong women who will lift and build others. Who will love and be loved. Women who live bravely, both tender and fierce; women of indomitable will.” — Amy Tenney
30. “As women achieve power, the barriers will fall. As society sees what women can do, as women see what women can do, there will be more women out there doing things, and we’ll all be better off for it.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Powerful Women Supporting Women Quotes
31. “Women have to support other women.” — Hillary Clinton
32. “My coach said I run like a girl. And I said if he ran a little faster, he could too.” — Mia Hamm
33. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” — Diane Mariechild
34. “Women will be hidden no more. We will not remain hidden figures. We have names.” — Janelle Monae
35. “There need to be more women supporting women. Not just in fashion, in general.” — Victoria Beckham
36. “I am not ashamed to dress ‘like a woman’ because I don’t think it’s shameful to be a woman.” — Iggy Pop
37. “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
38. “The power you have is to be the best version of yourself you can be, so you can create a better world.” — Ashley Rickard
39. “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” — Amy Schumer
40. “Women, we endure those cuts in so many ways that we don’t even notice we’re cut. We are living with small tiny cuts, and we are bleeding every single day. And we’re still getting up.” — Michelle Obama
Thought-Provoking Women Supporting Women Quotes
41. “I support women. I’m like a human BRA.” — LIZ
42. “Women who support other women are confident, generous, visionaries.” — Mariela Dabbah
43. “Raising three girls, I think it’s important to teach them to support other women.” — Martina McBride
44. “What we women need to do, instead of worrying about what we don’t have is just love what we do have.” — Unknown
45. “Support women on their way to the top. Trust that they will extend a hand to those who follow.” — Mariela Dabbah
46. “Women need to support other women, not cut them down. And that goes for recognizable women too.” — Monica Lewinsky
47. “Be strong, be fearless, be beautiful. And believe that anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you.” — Misty Copeland
48. “It’s important that women support women. It gives me a great sense of well-being to know that I can make a difference in people’s lives.” — Sheila Johnson
49. “The way in which we think of ourselves has everything to do with how our world sees us and how we see ourselves successfully acknowledged by the world.” — Arlene Rankin
50. “Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them.” — Stacy London
Women Supporting Women Quotes To Encourage Each Other
51. “Women are always saying, ‘We can do anything that men can do. But men should be saying, ‘We can do anything that women can do.” ― Gloria Steinem
52. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” ― Margaret Thatcher
53. “Women don’t need to find a voice, they have a voice, and they need to feel empowered to use it, and people need to be encouraged to listen.” ― Meghan Markle
54. “A man’s got to do what a man’s got to do. A woman must do what he can’t.” ― Rhonda Hansome
55. “The success of every woman should be the inspiration to another. We should raise each other up. Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all, be humble.” ― Serena Williams
56. “Women, if the soul of the nation is to be saved, I believe you must become its soul.” ― Coretta Scott King
57. “The best protection any woman can have … is courage.” ― Elizabeth Cady Stanton
58. “Of course, I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.” ― Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
59. “My mother had a saying: “Kamala, you may be the first to do many things, but make sure you’re not the last.” ― Kamala Harris
60. “I raise up my voice—not so that I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard. … We cannot all succeed when half of us are held back.” ― Malala Yousafzai
Women Supporting Women Quotes To Show Their Vital Role
61. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg
62. “Marian exhaled. ‘Because God made me a woman is no reason to be such a woman as men wish to make me.” ― A.E. Chandler
63. “Women’s work is never easy, never clean.” ― Tayari Jones
64. “I fell from the mouth of my mother’s legs into the palms of this world, with God herself raging in me.” ― Rupi Kaur
65. “You don’t know the background story of resilience, struggles and strength of beautiful and outgoing women. All you see is what is showcased.” ― Germany Kent
66. “We are the daughters of the witches they burnt. We shall rise from our ashes, unscathed and larger than ever” ― Gauri Sharma
67. “…You can’t talk about women’s rights until we include all women. When you deny one woman of her rights, you deny all.” ― bell hooks
68. “It’s very important for women to build healthy bonds with other women. Those are connections that will nourish and love you for a lifetime. True sisterhood is beautiful.” ― Robin S. Baker
69. “Motivating women to care for themselves is their true empowerment” ― Dr Manisha Pandey
70. “Why does the extraordinary courage of ordinary women go so unsung?” ― Karen Joy Fowler
Women Supporting Women Quotes To Empower Them
71. “Never tell an angry woman to calm down. Never. Even if she should. Especially if she should.” ― Cate Lawley
72. “Typical; something exciting was announced for women, and everyone just carried on as normal, without a second thought.” ― Soraya M. Lane
73. “That was the last time a man was ever going to make a fool of her. From now on, she was going to learn to look after herself, and no man was ever going to control her life or tell her what to do.” ― Soraya M. Lane
74. “The future is diverse, the future is inclusive, it has a place for women as much as it has for men” ― Sally El-Akkad
75. “It is always controversial when it comes to women with strong character at the workplace!”
― Sally El-Akkad
76. “I’m not just a mom. Don’t judge me on the basis of the household I run” ― Janna Cachola
77. “What is it about a woman in full control of herself that is so utterly frightening?” ― Rachel Harrison
78. “Women do not need to be changed, adjusted, domesticated, moulded, formed, or coddled. We need space and a runway.” ― Marie Henein
79. “A woman who is fed up is a highly motivated one.” ― Mitta Xinindlu
80. “If a woman is asking for birth control, it’s because she needs it. The request itself is enough.” ― Aude Mermilliod
Women Supporting Women Quotes To Inspire And Motivate
81. “We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.” — Maya Angelou
82. “We all have an unsuspected reserve of strength inside that emerges when life puts us to the test.” — Isabel Allende
83. “Women have always been the strong ones of the world.” ― Coco Chanel
84. “Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another.” — Toni Morrison
85. “The biggest barrier for women is the thought that they can’t have it all.” ― Cathy Engelbert
86. “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” — Louisa May Alcott
87. “I’m not going to limit myself just because people won’t accept the fact that I can do something else.” — Dolly Parton
88. “Nothing liberates our greatness like the desire to help, the desire to serve.” — Marianne Williamson
89. “Women, like men, should try to do the impossible. And when they fail, their failure should be a challenge to others.” — Amelia Earhart
90. “Women should be tough, tender, laugh as much as possible, and live long lives.” — Maya Angelou
How Can Women Support Other Women Every Day?
We already know that women supporting women is meant to celebrate and spread love.
However, there are several other benefits as well.
According to Shelley Zalis, over at Forbes.com, “There is research that shows women in particular benefit from collaboration over competition. Study after study shows women who support women are more successful in business.”
So, what does this look like in your everyday life?
Well, the first thing we all need to do is stop comparing ourselves to other women.
We don’t need to be jealous. Instead, we just need to uplift one another.
We can do that by helping each other reach our goals, don’t put down another woman to make ourselves feel better, and building connections and forming a positive tribe.
Another thing we can do to help one another is to network and share each other’s accomplishments.
Don’t talk negatively about another woman’s appearance or body type.
We are all beautiful, and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
What someone else thinks is beautiful, someone else might not be attracted to.
But we women are much more than our physical appearance or whether someone else finds us attractive.
Love yourself and your body, and help your female friends do the same.
Speak positively to yourself and your friends.
If your friend expresses an opinion like, “I wish I didn’t look ridiculous when I wear makeup,” and makeup is your passion, then offer her a makeover.
Teach her your ways.
It won’t take away from how awesome you are at makeup.
It will just add to what an awesome human you are!
This goes with anything that you can help share knowledge or inspiration about.
Next, hype up your friends.
If your friend has reached a goal or achieved something, she has been working on, then share her joy with her.
Finally, you can also share it with your network if it is relevant and help her find opportunities!
Do you have any other ideas on how women can support women?
Let us know in the comment section below!
Be sure to also check out these Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Quotes from One of The World’s Leading Feminists.