If you enjoy the poem “Footprints in the Sand” or the significance of each footprint we make, then you will love these footprints quotes.
Footprints are the marks our feet or shoes make as we move from one place to another.
They mark our daily life and our adventures and represent the steps we take toward the things that are important to us.
You might also like these related articles:
What do your footprints tell about you, and if someone followed them, where would they see you spent your time during life?
Footprints show who you spend time with and what is important to you.
Life is meant to be lived with others, and if your footprints show that others are walking alongside you, then you are living a life well lived.
Take a look at these footprints quotes to see how others feel about the marks they leave behind.
Top Footprints Quotes
Enjoy some of the top, short and sweet quotes about footprints.
1. “A good runner leaves no footprints.” — Lao Tzu
2. “Look at the footprints you’ve made.” — Cynthia Lewis
3. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.” — Chief Seattle
4. “Success always leaves footprints.” — Booker T. Washington
5. “The footprints of an Angel in your life are Love.” — Genevieve
6. “Prudence is the footprint of wisdom.” — Amos Bronson Alcott
7. “Some friends leave footprints in your heart.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “On the back of Satan’s neck is a nail-scarred footprint.” — C.S. Lewis
9. “If you walk on snow, you cannot hide the footprints.” — George Herbert
10. “Don’t follow in any footprints; make your own prints.” — Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Footprints in the Sand Quotes
It is debated who the original author is of the poem Footprints in the Sand.
11. “Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.” — Footprints in the Sand
12. “When you saw only one set of footprints, It was then that I carried you.” — Footprints in the Sand
13. “I don’t understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me.” — Footprints in the Sand
14. “I noticed that at many times along the path of my life, especially at the very lowest and saddest times, there was only one set of footprints.” — Footprints in the Sand
Footprints Quotes to Make a Difference
These quotes will encourage you and inspire you as you walk through life.
15. “You can’t leave a footprint that lasts if you’re always walking on tiptoe.” — Marion Blakey
16. “You can’t leave footprints in the sands of time while sitting down.” — Nelson Rockefeller
17. “Even though we may all become extinct, we can still leave our footprint in the sand.” — Dr. Seuss
18. “Our pictures are our footprints. It’s the best way to tell people we were here.” — Joe McNally
19. “If you have a footprint, be happy because it means that you aren’t a shadow!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
20. “The footprints of a free-minded man are always towards the forward direction.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
21. “If you are going to leave footprints in the sands of time, you’d better wear work shoes.” — Le Grand Richards
22. “We all leave footprints as we journey through life—make sure yours are worth following.” — Bob Teague
23. “What footprints do you want to be known for? It’s the legacy and the journey that you’re on.” — Drew Waters
24. “While it is well enough to leave footprints on the sands of time, it is even more important to make sure they point in a commendable direction.” — James Branch Cabell
25. “Lives of great men all remind us, we can make our lives sublime, and departing, leave behind us, footprints on the sands of time.” — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Faith and Footprints Quotes
These faith quotes use footprints to make a point.
26. “In our faith, we follow in someone’s steps. In our faith, we leave footprints to guide others.” — Max Lucado
27. “Our shining footprints point the way to truth, for God is our Companion as we walk the world a little while.” — Esther Hicks
28. “So much of religion is exegesis. I would rather follow in the footprints of Christ than all of the dogma.” — Christy Turlington
29. “As you walk through the valley of the unknown, you will find the footprints of Jesus both in front of you and beside you.” — Charles Stanley
30. “You cannot see faith, but you can see the footprints of the faithful. We must leave behind ‘faithful footprints’ for others to follow.” — Dennis Anderson
Footprints Quotes to Guide You
Allow these quotes to guide you along the path of life.
31. “Our past is like a footprint. It only confirms we were there. No burden on our future does it bear.” — Jeb Dickerson
32. “Traveling the paths of greatness, even in someone else’s footprints, is a vital means to acquiring skill.” — Twyla Tharp
33. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
34. “Winning wasn’t natural for me. It had to be fought for, in the echoes and trodden footprints of my mind.” — Markus Zusak
35. “Art is, after all, only a trace. Like a footprint which shows that one has walked bravely and in great happiness.” — Robert Henri
36. “Some people come into our lives, leave footprints in our hearts and minds, and we are never the same again.” — Jared Leto
37. “Everything comes home, my mother used to say; every word spoken, every shadow cast, every footprint in the sand.” — Joanne Harris
38. “Walk so that your footprints bear only the marks of peaceful joy and complete freedom. To do this, you have to learn to let go.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
39. “Like sand on the beach, the brain bears the footprints of the decisions we have made, the skills we have learned, the actions we have taken.” — Sharon Begley
40. “Long since the desert wing wiped away our footprints in the sand. But at every second of my existence, I remember what happened, and you still walk in my dreams and in my reality.” — Paulo Coelho
Additional Footprints Quotes and Sayings
Enjoy these additional footprint quotes.
41. “Animals are footprints of God.” — Martin Luther
42. “All along the untrodden paths of the future, I can see the footprints of an unseen hand.” — Boyle Roche
43. “Man has left footprints on the moon but still hasn’t walked on the ocean floor.” — Richard Paul Evans
44. “Few footprints of the great remain in the sand before the ever-flowing tide.” — Robert Aris Willmott
45. “I don’t have a photograph, but you can have my footprints. They’re upstairs in my socks.” — Groucho Marx
46. “It is our art that has an opportunity to leave a footprint in the sand. They don’t wrap fish in our work.” — Hugh Newell Jacobsen
47. “Forget your environmental footprint. Think about your ethical footprint. What good is it to build a zero-carbon, energy efficient complex, when the labor producing this architectural gem is unethical at best?” — Cameron Sinclair
48. “Some people come into our lives and quickly go; some people stay for a while and move our souls to dance. They awaken us to a new understanding, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” — Falvia WeednMcMahon
49. “It’s easy to love the snow because at the end of every snowstorm, it’s as if the world has started over. There is no dirt, no footprints, just a layer of seamless, indiscriminate nature connecting everything to everything else.” — Andrew
50. “The most significant gifts are the ones most easily overlooked. Small, everyday blessings: woods, health, music, laughter, memories, books, family, friends, second chances, warm fireplaces, and all the footprints scattered throughout our days.” — Sue Monk Kidd
Are There Poems About Footprints?
One of the most famous poems is “Footprints in the Sand,” a poem about someone walking along the beach with the Lord.
When the person looks down and only sees one set of footprints, they are worried they were abandoned.
However, the Lord responds and tells them that He is carrying them in tough times, so there is only one set of footprints.
Please share these footprints quotes with others by clicking the share button!