Enjoy a good laugh with these Groucho Marx quotes.
While his legal name was Julius Henry Marx, he is famously known as Groucho Marx.
And he was the third born of the Marx Brothers.
Not only that, but he was also known for being one of America’s greatest comedians.
Groucho was an actor, writer, television star, and radio star.
Even if you don’t really know who he is, there’s one thing that you’re sure to be familiar with—Groucho glasses.
These are the horned rim glasses that have the nose and fake mustache attached to them.
He was famously known for this along with his walk and one-liners.
Keep reading these Groucho Marx quotes to help you escape from the tension of your day.
Don’t forget to also check out these G.K. Chesterton quotes from one of the greatest writers of his time.
Wise Groucho Marx quotes
1. “The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made.” – Groucho Marx
2. “Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?” – Groucho Marx
3. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” – Groucho Marx
4. “If you are not having fun you are doing something wrong.” – Groucho Marx
5. “While money can’t buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” – Groucho Marx
6. “Patience is the art of finding something else to do.” – Groucho Marx
7. “The only real laughter comes from despair.” – Groucho Marx
8. “With a little study you’ll go a long ways, and I wish you’d start now.” – Groucho Marx
9. “Blood’s not thicker than money.” – Groucho Marx
10. “You’re heading for a breakdown. Why don’t you pull yourself to pieces?” – Groucho Marx
Funny Groucho Marx quotes
11. “My mother loved children – she would have given anything if I had been one.” – Groucho Marx
12. “I would never join a country club with standards so low as to allow me as a member.” – Groucho Marx
13. “Before I speak, I have something important to say.” – Groucho Marx
14. “Getting older is no problem. You just have to live long enough.” – Groucho Marx
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of getting older quotes that will make you embrace the beauty in aging.
15. “Will you marry me? Do you have any money? Answer the second question first.” – Groucho Marx
16. “Money will not make you happy, and happy will not make you money.” – Groucho Marx
17. “Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them… well, I have others.” – Groucho Marx
18. “I’m not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are.” – Groucho Marx
19. “I intend to live forever, or die trying.” – Groucho Marx
20. “When you’re in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, ‘Damn, that was fun.’” – Groucho Marx
Sarcastic Groucho Marx quotes
21. “If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you.” – Groucho Marx
22. “Here’s to our wives and girlfriends…may they never meet!” – Groucho Marx
23. “I never forget a face, but in your case I’ll be glad to make an exception.” – Groucho Marx
24. “Time wounds all heels.” – Groucho Marx
25. “Marriage is the chief cause of divorce.” – Groucho Marx
Did you enjoy these Groucho Marx quotes?
Groucho Marx is a comedian and actor who ended up almost becoming the character that he played.
While his personal life wasn’t always filled with the best of times, including going through three divorces, you would never be able to tell it from the sense of humor that he portrayed.
If there is one thing that we could all use this year, it’s more humor.
Laughter is one of the best forms of medicine.
If you could use a little more laughter in your life right now, find some old comedies to watch and enjoy.
Something about the humor from the past is more simplistic and can help you escape from the tension of your day.
Did you enjoy these Groucho Marx quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes resonated with you best?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST