There are many lessons to be learned from these General Patton quotes.
General Patton is known for being one of the most successful Generals in American history.
He produced good results in a short amount of time.
And he managed to do so with fewer casualties than expected.
General Patton was able to do this because he was an incredible leader who others naturally followed.
His quotes provide lessons that we can apply to leadership, life, and business.
So whether you have a military background, run a business, or are just looking for motivation to work towards a goal in your life, enjoy these General Patton quotes.
General Patton quotes about leading
Read these General George Patton quotes to learn more about his experiences and opinions.
1. “Don’t tell people how to do things; tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results.” — General Patton
2. “If you tell people where to go, but not how to get there, you’ll be amazed at the results.” — General Patton
3. “No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair.” — General Patton
4. “The most difficult thing about being humble is not being able to brag about it.” — General Patton
5. “No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.” ― General Patton
Brave General George Patton quotes
6. “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” — General Patton
7. “Be willing to make decisions. That’s the most important quality in a good leader.” — General Patton
8. “A leader is a man who can adapt principles to circumstances.” — General Patton
9. “Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?” — General Patton
10. “We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way.” — General Patton
General George Patton quotes about planning
11. “Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.” — General Patton
12. “A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.” — General Patton
13. “Do not try to make circumstances fit your plans. Make plans that fit the circumstances.” — General Patton
14. “I have studied the enemy all my life… I know exactly how he will react under any given set of circumstances. And he hasn’t the slightest idea of what I’m going to do. So when the time comes, I’m going to whip the hell out of him.” — General Patton
15. “Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy.” — General Patton
16. “I am a soldier; I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.” — General Patton
17. “Urge all of your men to pray, not alone in church, but everywhere… Pray for victory. Pray for our Army, and Pray for Peace. We must march together, all out for God.” — General Patton
18. “Wars are not won by fighting battles; wars are won by choosing battles.” — General Patton
19. “When in doubt, observe and ask questions. When certain, observe at length and ask many more questions.” — General Patton
General Patton quotes about discipline
There is a lot of wisdom in these quotes from General Patton.
20. “If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn’t thinking.” — General Patton
21. “You cannot be disciplined in great things and undisciplined in small things.” — General Patton
22. “Make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up.” — General Patton
23. “No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair.” — General Patton
24. “There is only one sort of discipline, perfect discipline.” — General Patton
25. “A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood.” — General Patton
What did you learn from these General George Patton quotes?
There is a reason why General Patton experienced the success that he did as a leader.
From learning work ethic, overcoming obstacles, or digging in deep to keep going when you don’t feel that you can, there are quotes that can help.
If you need a little motivation or inspiration in your life, choose a few quotes that speak to you from the list above and incorporate them into your life.
Post them up on your bathroom mirror or add them to the signature line of your email.
Let the words sink in and transform your thinking to help you grow and succeed.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these General Patton quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.