When there’s something strange going on, we know exactly who you’re gonna call.
There’s a Ghostbusters quote for just about every occasion.
That, along with the nostalgic special effects, goofy characters, and a solid dash of spookiness is what makes this 1984 film such a classic.
It’s been almost 40 years since Ghostbusters made its silver screen debut.
Since then, the words of Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler, and Winston Zeddemore have drenched pop culture the same way ectoplasma drenched Peter after he got slimed.
Ghostbusters was directed and produced by Ivan Reitman and written by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis.
Aykroyd conceived the film based on his fascination with the paranormal.
Ghostbusters was well received and is one of the most successful comedy films of the 1980s.
It became a cultural phenomenon, with its success launching a multi-billion dollar multimedia franchise that included a television series, video games, board games, comic books, clothing, and music.
If you ain’t afraid of no ghosts then we encourage you to read on!
Here is our list of the best and most quotable lines from the original Ghostbusters movie.
Famous Ghostbusters quotes and lines
1. “Drop everything, Venkman. We got one.” — Ray Stantz
2. “There is no Dana, only Zuul.” — Dana Barrett
3. “I’ll call that a big yes.” — Peter Venkman
4. “I’m always serious.” — Egon Spengler
5. “I’m gonna go for broke. I am madly in love with you.” — Peter Venkman
6. “I couldn’t help it… it just popped in there!” – Ray Stantz
7. “We got one!” — Janine Melnitz
8. “We came! We saw! We kicked its ass!” — Peter Venkman
Classic Ghostbusters quotes
9. “Does anybody wanna play Parcheesi?” — Louis Tully
10. “Okay, who brought the dog?” — Louis Tully
11. “No job is too big, no fee is too big.” — Peter Venkman
12. “Who you gonna call?” — Ghostbusters
13. “YOUR MOTHER!!!” — Egon Spengler
14. “Ray, when someone asks you if you’re a God, you say yes!” — Winston Zeddemore
15. “Alright! This chick is toast!” — Peter Venkman
16. “There’s something you don’t see every day.” — Peter Venkman
Other memorable Ghostbusters quotes
17. “Egon, somehow this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole in your head. Do you remember that?” — Peter Venkman
18. “Have you or any member of your family ever been diagnosed schizophrenic or mentally incompetent?” — Peter Venkman
19. “You don’t act like a scientist. You’re more like a game show host.” — Dana Barrett
20. “We’re ready to believe you!” — The Ghostbusters
21. “We both have the same problem: YOU.” — Dana Barrett
22. “He slimed me. I feel so funky.” — Peter Venkman
23. “I’ll take the next one.” — Elevator Man
24. “Oh, don’t leave yet! Maybe if we start dancing, other people will join in?” – Louis Tully
25. “Don’t. Shut it. Off. I’m warning you.” — Peter Venkman
Who are you gonna call?
There’s a reason the 1984 Ghostbusters led to a sequel, an animated television series, and a reboot.
The original film is so cleverly kooky there’s absolutely nothing not to love about it.
Just take another look at the Ghostbusters quotes listed above.
Big kudos to Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Rick Moranis (uncredited) for writing such a spectacularly goofy film chock-full of witty quips and semi-believable pseudoscience that we’re still quoting it today, almost 40 years later.
We hope these quotes reminded you just how hilarious the original Ghostbusters movie was.
Which Ghostbusters quotes and lines are your favorites?
Let us know in the comments below.
September 17, 2022 5:00 AM EST