Dark And Haunting Gothic Quotes For The Perfect Goth Aesthetic
December 1, 2022 7:49 AM EST
Put some beauty in your life with these dark goth quotes.
What is goth?
Goth is an aesthetic, a style, but it can also be somebody who finds beauty in things that others consider dark.
Goth is for people who love the mysterious and dark nature of reality; this does not make them evil per se; it just means they have a different perspective and find joy in things others may not.
Goths are not sad people who lack humanity; instead, they find joy and humor in life in what is known as black comedy.
They are not unhappy because they think about dark things; they are happy because dark things inspire them.
Goth culture celebrates intelligence, romance, and artistry.
People inspired by goth culture are often free thinkers.
Check out our awesomely dark goth quotes and find inspiration in things you had not considered before.
Goth Quotes About Love
1. “Love destroys people. It’s emotional heroin. Not that I know much about shooting up.” – Benjamin Haymond
2. “What a pair we are, intrinsically broken but tied to one another by desire and death.” – Sylvia Day
3. “I have told you, reader, that I have learned to love Mr.Rochester. I could not unlove him now.” – Charlotte Brontë
4. “Love is a hole in the heart.” – Ben Hecht
5. “You Just scared me half to death,” I said.”You should be thrilled you’re halfway there.” – Rae Hachton
6. “Mine first –mine last– mine even in the grave!” – Louisa May Alcott
7. “Emotions don’t interfere in my acting, nor in my life.” – Simona Panova
8. “Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings.” – Simona Panova
9. “I envy people that know love. That have someone who takes them as they are.” – Jess C Scott
10. “When her mind was discomposed… a book was the opiate that lulled it to repose.” – Ann Radcliffe
Goth Quotes About Life
11. “Can there be a love which does not make demands on its object?” – Confucius
12. “Emotions don’t interfere in my acting, nor in my life.” – Simona Panova
13. “I never really wanted to die. But I followed through anyway. The pain in my heart was excruciating, and death was beautiful.” – Rae Hachton
14. “Can you look at this brilliant wound?” – Keishi Ando
15. “All good things in life are fragile and easily lost.” – Khaled Hosseini
16. “I don’t know what the opposite is of the Midas touch, but you shitbirds have it.” – Michael Zarocostas
17. “I wouldn’t consider myself Goth, but I love Gothic pieces.” – Tyson Chandler
18. “You see the world in colors; I see in Black and Red.” – Irum Zahra
19. “I was never able to accept anyone else’s support but my own.” – Simona Panova
20. “Here are some of the criteria I have used to decide what makes an equation great.” – Dana Mackenzie
Goth Quotes About Beauty
21. “I hate the word gothic, but I would like to try doing something like that. A gothic sound, not rock, but gothic. There’s a difference.” – Kelly Osbourne
22. “I loved fairy tales when I was a kid. Grimm. The grimmer, the better. I loved gruesome gothic tales and, in that respect, I liked Bible stories, because to me they were very gothic.” – Amy Tan
23. “Beauty saves. Beauty heals. Beauty motivates. Beauty unites. Beauty returns us to our origins, and here lies the ultimate act of saving, of healing, of overcoming dualism.” – Matthew Fox
24. “We have all heard, beauty is skin deep. I think beauty reaches to the soul. Friends like you for you, not for what you wear or what you drive. We all need to look for the beauty within.” – Mark Hook
25. “Physical beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but inner beauty is something that shines from inside, and no one can deny it.” – Nishan Panwar
26. “Strange that the vanity which accompanies beauty – excusable, perhaps, when there is such great beauty, or at any rate understandable -should persist after the beauty was gone.” – Aristotle
27. “Your outer beauty keeps distracting me, and your inner beauty keeps attracting me.” – Terry Mark
28. “Indeed, in every life, there is some wound that continues to weep secretly, even after years of attempted healing.” – John O. Donohue
29. “Where woundedness can be refined into beauty, a wonderful transfiguration takes place.” – John O. Donohue
30. “Someone once told me, in all his infinite wisdom, beauty is only skin deep. I, of course, looked deeper, and found, where true beauty resides.” – Eric Nickel
Goth Quotes About Death
31. “It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom.” – Benjamin Britten
32. “Forget wishing; you’re missing the ambition of your mission.” – OutKast
33. “Love is merely a madness, and, I tell you, deserves as well a dark house and a whip as madmen do.” – William Shakespeare
34. “If you are a dream, then it is one from which I do not ever wish to be woken.” – Kathryn Ann Kingsley
35.” The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony.” – Benjamin Britten
36. “Some ghosts are so quiet you would hardly know they were there.” – Bernie Mcgill
37. “For the sake of your bright eyes, Jem Merlyn.” – Daphne du Maurier
38. “The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love.” – Benjamin Britten
39. “It hurt, and that is not a euphemism. It hurt like a beating.” – John Green
40. “It was enough to drive me mad. I was no longer myself, and yet I was so much more me than I had ever been before.” – Katherine Demure
Short Goth Quotes
41. “I had a gothic phase, and now I’m more edgy chic.” – Ashley Benson
42. “Your darkest secret can be someone else’s desired wish.” – Anonymous
43. “Before that, I wanted to be a magazine illustrator – I probably would have painted Gothic scenes.” – Ira Levin
44. “I’m not really into gothic music.” – Richard Fleeshman
45. “Ellie, would you frolic in the land of forever with me?” – Rae Hachton
46. “I have a, shall we say, morbid personality.” – Novala Takemoto
47. “She wondered if he kept a pair of calipers to measure his guests’ skulls.” – Silvia Moreno-Garcia
48. “Blood and oil. It’s on both our hands.” – Abigail C. Edwards
49. “Love destroys people. It’s emotional heroin..” – Benjamin Haymond
50. “She would’ve made an excellent pirate.” – Erica Ridley
What did you learn from these goth quotes?
Goths are social, happy, creative, and intellectual people.
Goth culture can inspire people who do not identify as goth enthusiasts.
Even NBA basketball player Tyson Chandler once shared, “I wouldn’t consider myself Goth, but I love Gothic pieces.”
Goth is not about wearing makeup and black clothing.
Some say that Goth people are introverts and keep to themselves; others say that they are depressed and obsessed with death.
Both are stereotypes.
Goth is a perspective for one to look through.
It is a window where a person can find beauty in the most challenging situations or conditions.
A gothic worldview encourages determination and strength in the face of adversity.
Goth people can be unique and individual, like any other subculture.
Stereotyping any group or subgroup is irresponsible.
Teenagers often subscribe to goth culture because they want a place to express themselves.
Which of these goth quotes and sayings is your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below.