If you’re a fan, you’ll enjoy these Lana Del Rey quotes that give a glimpse of who she is on a more personal level.
Lana Del Rey never claimed to fit the expected role of an artist.
Even though she’s a songwriter and singer that has sold millions of albums, she doesn’t fit the traditional mold for her position in society.
She is true to herself as an introvert and artist and her personal beliefs are what dictate her life more than the expectations that others try to set for her.
Her personal views on life help her write and sing songs that are authentic to her and that many people are able to connect with.
The following quotes from Lana Del Rey will help you learn more about who she is and encourage you to live a life that’s true to who you are as well.
Don’t forget to also check out these Halsey quotes that will motivate you to be yourself.
Lana Del Rey quotes on overcoming hard times
1. “I pretend I’m not hurt, I walk about the world like I’m having fun.” – Lana Del Rey
2. “When I was young I was sort of floored by the fact that my mother and my father and everyone I knew was going to die one day, and myself too. I had a sort of a philosophical crisis. I couldn’t believe that we were mortal.” – Lana Del Rey
3. “Being brave means that knowing when you fail, you won’t fail forever.” – Lana Del Rey
4. “Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like to have — but I have it.” – Lana Del Rey
6. “I used to wonder if it was God’s plan that I should be alone for so much of my life. But I found peace. I found happiness within people and the world.” – Lana Del Rey
7. “I don’t believe in the school of hard knocks, although I’ve had them. All that stuff about whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger is so not true. Do you know what makes you stronger? When people treat you and your art with dignity.” – Lana Del Rey
8. “I believe that nothing happens by mistake. You know, the universe has a divine plan. That sounds dramatic.” – Lana Del Rey
Motivating Lana Del Rey quotes
9. “I only know how to do me, so that’s just what I’m going to do.” – Lana Del Rey
10. “I knew I wanted to do something creative. I didn’t think I’d have the luxury of doing something like that because I didn’t know anyone who had pursued anything they really adored, but I had dreams for singing or writing.” – Lana Del Rey
11. “My intention was never to transform into a different person. What other people think of me is none of my business.” – Lana Del Rey
12. “No matter how many people give me advice, I am going to do what my heart tells me to do.” – Lana Del Rey
13. “I have a personal ambition to live my life honestly and honor the true love that I’ve had and also the people I’ve had around me.” – Lana Del Rey
14. “Find someone who has the life that you want and figure how they got it. Read books. Pick your role models wisely. Find out what they did and do it.” – Lana Del Rey
15. “When I was young I felt really overwhelmed and confused by the desire not to end up in an office, doing something I didn’t believe in.” – Lana Del Rey
16. “I believe in the person I want to become.” – Lana Del Rey
You might also like these iconic Prince quotes about life, creativity, and music.
Lana Del Rey quotes about the arts
17. “I’ve been reading tabloids since I was nine. I love a good story.” – Lana Del Rey
18. “Having a simple career as a musician who liked music was good enough for me.” – Lana Del Rey
19. “I love to sing and I really love to write, but in terms of being on stage, I’m not that comfortable, which I think is sort of clear.” – Lana Del Rey
20. “If you are born an artist, you have no choice but to fight to stay an artist.” – Lana Del Rey
21. “I’m a writer first and a singer second.” – Lana Del Rey
22. “I write my own songs. I made my own videos. I pick my producers. Nothing goes out without my permission. It’s all authentic.” – Lana Del Rey
23. “I’m personally more struck by visual things more than musical.” – Lana Del Rey
24. “Fashion is inspired by youth and nostalgia and draws inspiration from the best of the past.” – Lana Del Rey
25. “I’ve been writing since I was really young, so I considered myself a writer for a really long time.” – Lana Del Rey
Lana Del Rey quotes on love
26. “When your happiness is someone else’s happiness, that is love.” – Lana Del Rey
27. “A lot of the time when I write about the person that I love, I feel like I’m writing about New York.” – Lana Del Rey
28. “Every now and then the stars align, boy and girl meet by the great design.” – Lana Del Rey
29. “You fit me better than my favorite sweater.” – Lana Del Rey
30. “When I found somebody who I fell in love with, it made me feel different than I felt the rest of the day. It was electrifying. That’s what inspired the ‘Off to the Races’ melodies. That’s one of the times when you’re feeling electrified by someone else and they make you happy to be alive.” – Lana Del Rey
31. “A touch from your real love is like heaven takin’ the place of somethin’ evil.” – Lana Del Rey
32. “Summer’s meant for loving and learning; I was such a fool for believing that you could change.” – Lana Del Rey
33. “Love, I said real love is like feelin’ no fear.” – Lana Del Rey
34. “Think I’ll miss you forever. Like the stars miss the sun in the mornin’ sky.” – Lana Del Rey
35. “Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough.” – Lana Del Rey
Also read these motivational Whitney Houston quotes that will inspire your journey to greatness.
Lana Del Rey quotes for introverts
36. “I’m very shy and I’m always embarrassed when people are interested in what I do. I’m not an exhibitionist.” – Lana Del Rey
37. “I’m always just surprised when someone writes something about me.” – Lana Del Rey
38. “When you’re an introvert like me and you’ve been lonely for a while, and then you find someone who understands you, you become really attached to them. It’s a real release.” – Lana Del Rey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of introvert quotes about surviving in an extroverted world.
39. “I’m not a natural performer or exhibitionist. When I was younger, I hated the focus, and it made me feel strange.” – Lana Del Rey
40. “When I walk outside, people have something to say about it.” – Lana Del Rey
Lana Del Rey quotes that will make your day
41. “My music is a luxury.” – Lana Del Rey
42. “I didn’t live at school, I lived where I could and studied what I enjoyed studying. I took what I wanted from that education but was making my first record at the same time. I don’t know anyone from school. I was just leading a different life. I was really interested in writing and other things.” – Lana Del Rey
43. “There’s no use in talking to people who have a home, they have no idea what its like to seek safety in other people, for home to be wherever you lay your head.” – Lana Del Rey
44. “I have everything I want. I really can’t think of any ambitions or things to strive for.” – Lana Del Rey
45. “I wanted a name I could shape the music towards. I was going to Miami quite a lot at that time, speaking a lot of Spanish with my friends from Cuba – ‘Lana Del Rey’ reminded us of the glamour of the seaside. It sounded gorgeous coming off the tip of the tongue.” – Lana Del Rey
46. “Feeling like you’re respected among the people who do the same thing you do is incredible and necessary.” – Lana Del Rey
47. “I believe in the kindness of strangers. And when I’m at war with myself I ride, I just ride.” – Lana Del Rey
48. “Growing up I was always prone to obsession, partly because of the way I am, but partly because after feeling so lonely for such a long time, when I found someone or something that I liked, I felt helplessly drawn to it. I suppose that accounts for some of the creepiness in my music.” – Lana Del Rey
49. “We have nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing we desired anymore- except to make our lives into a work of art.” – Lana Del Rey
50. “I mainly let my imagination be my reality. Fantasy is my reality.” – Lana Del Rey
You might also like these motivational Selena Gomez quotes about life, love, and beauty.
More Lana Del Rey quotes and sayings
51. “Love is strange, sometimes it makes you crazy, it can burn or break you down.” – Lana Del Rey
52. “Being human is difficult. Some people make it more difficult than others. I was one of those people.” – Lana Del Rey
53. “I want to stay hopeful, even though I get scared about why we’re even alive at all.” – Lana Del Rey
54. “I’m interested in the gorgeous side of life, but also familiar with the dark side too.” – Lana Del Rey
55. “It’s nice to be able to try and build the life you want for yourself.” – Lana Del Rey
56. “No money, no place to live – I’ve been in more dangerous situations than other people.” – Lana Del Rey
57. “Like a groupie incognito posing as a real singer, life imitates art.” – Lana Del Rey
58. “Even if you’re the best singer in the world, there’s a good chance no one will ever hear you.” – Lana Del Rey
59. “The world needs poetry now more than ever. It’s the only thing that can keep music from copying itself and sounding the same.” – Lana Del Rey
60. “Be the art that life is breathing. Be the soul the world is living.” – Lana Del Rey
Did these Lana Del Rey quotes inspire you to follow her example?
It’s not every day that you hear about a famous person that doesn’t enjoy being in the spotlight.
These quotes give the impression that Lana Del Rey would enjoy writing and singing even if she weren’t making a name for herself.
In fact, they show that she is an introvert that actually prefers not being the center of attention.
However, often in life, when people live out their passion and use their natural skills, they are going to attract the attention of others.
And this is what Lana Del Rey has done.
What’s your biggest takeaway from motivating these Lana Del Rey quotes?
What skills will you continue to develop and allow others to enjoy?
Whatever you do, make sure that you’re living true to yourself and your beliefs.
February 10, 2020 7:22 AM EST