If you are searching for the best Hades quotes, this article is for you.
Here, we have created a list of the top Hades quotes that are impressive and inspiring.
In addition, we have also discussed the different aspects associated with the term Hades.
So, please continue reading!
Hades in Greek Mythology
In ancient Greek, the term Hades was associated with the god of the underworld.
He was among the twelve Olympian gods.
Poseidon and Zeus were the two brothers of Hades.
He was a god that ruled the dead.
Generally, Hades was portrayed as a gloomy and dark figure.
He had a helmet that made him invisible.
Hades is also known for his emotional and stern demeanor.
Here are the different attributions to Hades as a god:
- Hades as a ruler of the dead
- As a sign of wealth
Hades as a Ruler of the Dead
Hades is also popular in Greek religion due to his ability to control the afterlife of the dead.
He is responsible for deciding whether a soul will go to heaven or hell.
Hence, he is the god who decides the fate of a soul.
There are three different realms of the underworld, and Hades ruled over all of them.
- The Fields of Asphodel
- The Elysian Fields
The Elysian Fields was one of the most popular of all these realms.
It was a paradise that was reserved for those who lived virtuous lives.
As a Sign of Wealth
Some myths also refer to him as a Pluton or the god of wealth.
Hades was known to have a strong connection with wealth.
This is so, as most precious gems and metals are underground.
His connection with the underworld and wealth made him a powerful figure in the Greek economy.
Even in the modern era, Hades is known as a sign of wealth.
This aspect is commonly observed in the fashion world.
For instance, various popular fashion brands have utilized the term Hades.
Depiction of Hades in the Modern Life
Hades is depicted in an array of styles and forms.
For instance, Hades is a powerful and well-known character in a video game named “Hades.”
Although the game isn’t based on the original Greek religion, it appears to have drawn some inspiration from such methodology.
In this game, Hades is portrayed as the father of Zagreus (a protagonist).
He is the ruler of the underworld and a formidable opponent.
He exercises unmatched power and control over the souls of the dead.
Top 10 Hades Quotes
Here are the top 10 Hades quotes for mythology fans.
1. “Yes! Hades rules!” — Hades
2. “Let’s get ready to rumble!” — Hades
3. “Was that supposed to hurt?” — Hades
4. “Are you calling me a minor god?” — Hades
5. “So is this an audience or a mosaic?” — Hades
6. “It’s a small underworld, after all, huh?” — Hades
7. “I know, you know! I got it; I got the concept!” — Hades
8. “Hercules, stop! You can’t do this to me; you can’t.” — Hades
9. “I mean, believe me, if anybody knows conquering, I know conquering.” — Hades
10. “I, Hades, Lord of the Underworld, will personally send you to the land of the dead!” — Hades
Hades Quotes from Kingdom Hearts
Enjoy reading quotes by Hades, the god of death and ruler of the underworld, from the Kingdom Hearts series.
11. “You’ll pay for this! I have a very, very long memory!” — Hades
12. “Don’t tell me… You’re after the one Zeus hid on earth?” — Hades
13. “Oh, right, there was one rule I forgot: Accidents happen.” — Hades
14. “Did you forget who you’re talking to? I am the Lord of the Dead!” — Hades
15. “Kind of on a schedule. Don’t have time to toss around the old fire and brimstone.” — Hades
16. “See, that’s the thing. In the Underworld, heroes are zeroes-comes with the territory.” — Hades
17. “Hades, Lord of the Dead. Nice to see you. Hey, guess what? I got a place for you down under!” — Hades
18. “I thought you’d at least be useful enough to take out Hercules once and for all…But no, you’re useless after all.” — Hades
19. “Laugh, laugh, laugh all you want! Because the laughing is about to stop. Wanna know why? Because now we’re gonna play by my rules.” — Hades
20. “Fortunately, I still get to—them—destroy you. Rules say you face me next. And I have a whole lot of darkness…with your name on it!” — Hades
Hades Quotes from Hercules
Here are some of the most memorable quotes spoken by Hades in the Hercules movie.
21. “My favorite part of the game. Sudden death.” — Hades
22. “Memo to me, memo to me: maim you after my meeting.” — Hades
23. “All we have to do is find out Wonder Boy’s weakness.” — Hades
24. “Baboom. Name is Hades, lord of the dead, hi, howya doin’?” — Hades
25. “And now that I set you free, what is the first thing you are going to do?” — Hades
26. “Anybody listenin’? It’s like I’m – What am I, an echo or something? Hello?” — Hades
27. “They couldn’t handle him as a baby. I need somebody who can…handle him as a man.” — Hades
28. “Bingo, they’re immortal. So the first thing we gotta do is make the little sunspot…mortal.” — Hades
29. “How sentimental. You know, I haven’t been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat!” — Hades
30. “I’m sorry. You mind runnin’ that by me again? I must have had a chunk of brimstone wedged in my ear or something.” — Hades
Hades Quotes from Percy Jackson & the Olympians
Hades is a recurring character in the “Percy Jackson & the Olympians” series. Some of his memorable quotes from the series are below.
31. “Hello, Father. You’re looking…young.” — Hades
32. “I am not an Olympian! My family has made that quite clear.” — Hades
33. “You liked that Orpheus fellow too. Look how well that turned out.” — Hades
34. “No, godling. I need no help getting subjects! I did not ask for this war.” — Hades
35. “My children are so rarely happy. I … I would like to see you be an exception.” — Hades
36. “My son here convinced me that perhaps I should prioritize my list of enemies.” — Hades
37. “There’s a war in the world above. You and Persephone are better off here with me.” — Hades
38. “The commute time alone from the palace to the gates is enough to drive me insane! And the dead just keep arriving.” — Hades
39. “Have you any idea how much my kingdom has swollen in this past century alone, how many subdivisions I’ve had to open?” — Hades
40. “I will prepare a room for you at the palace in case you do not survive. Perhaps your chambers would look good decorated with the skulls of monks.” — Hades
Hades Quotes about Hades
Read on to learn what others have said about Hades right here.
41. “The road to Hades is easy to travel.” — Wilfred Bion
42. “The descent to Hades is the same from every place.” — Anaxagoras
43. “For even bold natures flee, whenever they see Hades close to life.” — Sophocles
44. “What horrible things would you have to do in your life to get woven into Hades’s underwear?” — Rick Riordan
45. “The myths about Hades and the gods, though they are pure invention, help to make men virtuous.” — Diodorus Siculus
46. “Nay if even in the house of Hades the dead forget their dead, yet will I even there be mindful of my dear comrade.” — Homer
47. “For Hades is mighty in calling men to account below the earth, and with a mind that records in tablets he surveys all things.” — Aeschylus
48. “Hades, God of the Dead, has built a gambling empire in the mortal world, and his favorite bets are rumored to be impossible.” — Scarlett St. Clair
49. “Tragedy is dead! Poetry itself died with it! Away, away with you, puny, stunted imitators! Away with you to Hades, and eat your fill of the old masters’ crumbs!” — Friedrich Nietzsche
50. “Easy is the descent to hell; all night long, all day, the doors of dark Hades stand open; but to retrace the path; to come out again to the sweet air of Heaven – there is the task, there is the burden.” — Virgil
Which of these Hades Quotes is your Favorite?
The Hades quotes above are carefully selected to offer you the best possible experience.
We have tried to include only the most popular and relevant quotes.
So, it won’t take long for you to find a quote that inspires you the most.
Besides, most of these quotes are suitable for sharing via social media platforms.
If you like our collection of quotes, let us know by commenting in the section below.
You can also share with us which of these Hades quotes is your favorite.
We would love to hear from you.