These Bee Movie quotes are from some of our favorite characters including, Barry, Ken, and Vanessa.
Bee Movie is a 2007 American computer-animated comedy film produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by Paramount Pictures.
Jerry Seinfeld not only starred in the film as the voice of Barry B. Benson, but he also co-wrote and co-produced the film. The movie also stars Renée Zellweger, Matthew Broderick, John Goodman, Patrick Warburton, and Chris Rock.
The story follows honey bee, Barry B. Benson (Seinfeld), who sues the human race for exploiting bees. His florist friend Vanessa Bloome (Zellweger) informs him that humans sell and consume honey.
He journeys to Honey Farms, which he learns supplies the grocery store with its honey. He is appalled at the treatment of the bees in the hive, including the use of bee smokers to incapacitate the colony.
Keep reading for some of the funniest Bee Movie quotes as Barry navigates the challenges of the human and bee world.
Don’t forget to also check out these Seinfeld quotes that will make you giggle and say “ha”
Bee Movie quotes from Barry B. Benson
1. “You know I’m not attracted to the spiders! I know, with everyone else, it’s the hottest thing, with the eight legs and all… I can’t get by that face.” ― Barry B. Benson
2. “My sweater is Ralph Lauren, and I have no pants.” ― Barry B. Benson
3. “According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible.” ― Barry B. Benson
4. “We’re the only ones who make honey, pollinate flowers, and dress like this!” ― Barry B. Benson
5. “Tournament of Roses? Roses can’t do sports.” ― Barry B. Benson
6. “Are we gonna be bees, or just keychains?” ― Barry B. Benson
7. “Thanks for the coffee. Sorry I couldn’t finish it. If I did, I’d be up the rest of my life.” ― Barry B. Benson
8. “Mamma mia! That’s a lot of pages.” ― Barry B. Benson
9. “Surf’s up, dude!” ― Barry B. Benson
10. “Flying is exhausting. Why don’t you humans just run everywhere, isn’t that faster?” ― Barry B. Benson
Bee Movie quotes from Ken
11. “Why is Yogurt Night so difficult?” ― Ken
12. “Well, well, well, a royal flush!” ― Ken
13. “You know, I don’t even like honey! I don’t eat it!” ― Ken
14. “Fine! Talking bees, No yogurt night… My nerves are fried from riding on this emotional rollercoaster!” ― Ken
15. “And for your information, I prefer sugar-free, artificial sweeteners MADE BY MAN!” ― Ken
16. “In tennis, you attack at the point of weakness!” ― Ken
17. “Stand back! These are winter boots!” ― Ken
18. “I’m not scared of him but it’s just the allergic thing.” ― Ken
19. “Knocking someone out is also a special skill.” ― Ken
20. “ When will this nightmare end?” ― Ken
Bee Movie quotes from Vanessa Bloome
21. “Why don’t you just fly everywhere? Isn’t it faster?” ― Vanessa Bloome
22. “My only interest is flowers.” ― Vanessa Bloome
23. “He’s just a little bee, and he happens to be the nicest I’ve met in a long time!” ― Vanessa Bloome
24. “Ken, Barry was looking at your résumé and he agreed with me that eating with chopsticks is not really a special skill.” ― Vanessa Bloome
25. “It turns out I can*not* fly a plane.” ― Vanessa Bloome
26. “It’s very hard to concentrate with that panicky tone in your voice.” ― Vanessa Bloome
27. “No, but there are other things bugging me in life. And you’re one of them!” ― Vanessa Bloome
28. “That just kills you twice.” ― Vanessa Bloome
29. “Is that another bee joke?” ― Vanessa Bloome
30. “You sure got that down to a science.” ― Vanessa Bloome
Bee Movie quotes from Layton T. Montgomery
31. “Talking bee-ah!” ― Layton T. Montgomery
32. “How do we know this isn’t some kind of holographic, motion-picture-capture Hollywood wizardry?” ― Layton T. Montgomery
33. “They could be using laser beams! Robotics! Ventriloquism! Clones! For all we know, he could be on steroids!” ― Layton T. Montgomery
34. “Will some angel of mercy come crawl to suck the poison from my heaving buttocks?” ― Layton T. Montgomery
35. “Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my grandmother was a simple woman. She believed it’s our divine right to benefit from the bounty of nature that God has provided us. If we were to live in the topsy-turvy world Mr. Benson imagines, think of what it would mean!” ― Layton T. Montgomery
36. “Why, I’d have to negotiate with the silkworms for the elastic in my britches!” ― Layton T. Montgomery
37. “Mr. Benson Bee, I’m going to ask what I think the entire court here would like to know… what exactly is your relationship to that woman?” ― Layton T. Montgomery
38. Mr. Montgomery: Good friends?
Mr. Montgomery: How good?
39. “Are you her little… bedbug?” ― Layton T. Montgomery
Bee movie quotes from some of the other characters
40. “Barry I told you, stop flying in the house!” ― Janet Benson
41. “Barry why don’t you use the stairs? Your father paid good money for those.” ― Janet Benson
42. Wave to us! We’ll be in row 118,000.” ― Martin Benson
43. Barry: Three days of grade school, three days of high school
Adam: Those were so awkward.
Barry: Three days of college… I’m glad I took that one day off in the middle and just hiked
around the hive.
Adam: You did come back different.”
44. Barry: I can say anything I want right now. I’m gonna get an ant tattoo!
Janet: Let’s open up some fresh honey and celebrate!
Barry: Maybe I’ll pierce my thorax. Shave my antennae. Shack up with a grasshopper. Get
a gold tooth, and start calling everybody ‘dawg’!”
45. Adam: You going to his funeral?
Barry: No, I’m not going to his funeral, everybody knows you sting someone, you die. You
don’t waste it on a squirrel. He was such a hothead.”
46. “Welcome, New Hive City graduating class of 9:15… and that concludes our graduation ceremonies.” ― Buzzwell
47. “Wait’ll you see the sticks I have for you.” ― Martin Benson
48. Janet: I told you not to yell at him. He doesn’t respond when you yell at him.
Martin: Then why are you yelling at me?
49. Cow: You’re not another lawyer too, are you?
Mooseblood: Sir, I was already was a bloodsucking parasite. All I needed was a briefcase.
50. Cow: Milk, Cream, cheese! It’s all me! Sometimes I feel like a piece of meat!
Barry: I have no idea.
Which of these Bee movie quotes is your favorite?
Bee Movie was theatrically released on November 2, 2007, to mixed reviews. The critics praised the film for its humor and voice acting. However, the film was criticized for its premise and plot.
Critics referred to the movie as “boring”, “never taking off”, and “B movie quality”. Some critics even found fault with the computer animation and artwork! However, the film did well at the box office, grossing $293 million worldwide against a $150 million budget.
Critics may not have loved the movie, but fans of the film certainly seemed to enjoy it as it sparked several other media outlets, including 11 books. There was even a video game released in October of 2007.
Have you seen Bee Movie? What did you think of the ending and Barry’s new profession? Let us know if you agree with the critics’ assessment in the comment section below.
December 14, 2021 7:00 AM EST