Inspirational Quotes for Women on Strength and Leadership
March 18, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Get inspired to channel your inner queen warrior with these inspirational quotes for women.
Let us know which one resonated the most with you in the comment section below.
The list of female strengths is endless, and these quotes will help you share that sentiment with all the badass women you know.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a 2021 report by Catalyst, only 7.4% of Fortune 500 CEOs were women, despite making up 50.8% of the U.S. population.
The report should inspire women to push past the barriers that limit their advancement and take on leadership roles in male-dominated industries, ultimately changing the gender disparity in the C-suite.
What are the benefits of reading these inspirational quotes for women?
You are strong, confident, and courageous, and these powerful quotes will serve as your perfect reminder of just that!
Contrary to the belief that this is a male-dominated world, women provide the foundation of power, grace, wisdom, justice, creativity, and hope.
Women are known to have better:
- Emotional focus
- Networking abilities
Throughout history, the world has witnessed many great women of strength who tapped into their Everyday Power to leave an indelible mark on society.
Reading words of wisdom from such amazing women can inspire you to become a strong woman yourself who approaches life with confidence.
The inspirational quotes for women below are filled with wisdom that will awaken hope, ambition, faith, and inner strength.
We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we enjoyed compiling them.
You might also like these Bad Bitch quotes that will inspire confidence within you.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Inspirational quotes for women on strength and leadership
According to Forbes, when women hold senior leadership roles, companies experience a 34% higher return on investment.
This statistic is a powerful motivation for women to pursue their leadership potential, knowing that their efforts will not only benefit their own careers but also positively impact the performance of their organizations.
1. “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.” – Audrey Hepburn
You will also enjoy our article on good morning texts for her.
2. “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.” ― Brigham Young
You will also enjoy our article on deep quotes.
3. “Whenever you see a successful woman, look out for three men who are going out of their way to try to block her.” – Yulia Tymoshenko
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
4. “Some women choose to follow men, and some choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.” – Lady Gaga
You will also enjoy our article on monday motivation quotes.
5. “It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” – J. K. Rowling
You will also enjoy our article on crush quotes.
6. “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and sh*t to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” – Amy Schumer
You will also enjoy our article on beautiful quotes for her.
7. “It’s possible to climb to the top without stomping on other people.” – Taylor Swift
You will also enjoy our article on feminism quotes.
8. “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez (see more quotes from Jennifer Lopez)
You will also enjoy our article on women empowerment quotes.
9. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
You will also enjoy our article on queen quotes.
10. “She was powerful not because she wasn’t scared but because she went on so strongly, despite the fear.” – Atticus
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of women supporting women quotes to spread positivity.
Inspirational quotes for women that empower
Research by Deloitte showed that over 90% of female leaders agree that mentorship is critical to helping women advance their careers.
This statistic is an inspiration for women to seek out mentorship opportunities and to actively seek out and support other women as they strive to achieve their professional goals.
11. “And one day she discovered that she was fierce and strong, and full of fire and that not even she could hold herself back because her passion burned brighter than her fears.” – Mark Anthony
You will also enjoy our article on alpha female quotes.
12. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a b*tch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.”— Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on love quotes for her.
13. “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.” — Hillary Clinton
You will also enjoy our article on boss lady quotes.
14. “We realize the importance of our voices only when we are silenced.” — Malala Yousafzai
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational quotes with pictures.
15. “If you don’t like being a doormat then get off the floor.”– Al Anon
You will also enjoy our article on domestic violence quotes.
16. “The best protection any woman can have … is courage.”– Elizabeth Cady Stanton
You will also enjoy our article on Wednesday quotes.
17. “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got. There is no yesterday, no tomorrow, it’s all the same day.” – Janis Joplin
You will also enjoy our article on pretty Woman quotes.
18. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”– Alice Walker
You will also enjoy our article on spiritual quotes.
19. “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in and where you want to go.”– Sheila Murray Bethel
You will also enjoy our article on graduation quotes.
20. “Everyone has inside of her a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be, how much you can love, what you can accomplish, and what your potential is.” — Anne Frank
Also, read these bad bitch quotes that will help make you more confident.
Inspirational quotes for women to inspire confidence
A report by the World Economic Forum found that at the current rate of progress, it will take 257 years to achieve gender parity in economic participation and opportunity.
This highlights the ongoing need to promote and support women’s leadership and the value of inspirational quotes and messages that encourage women to pursue their goals and overcome obstacles.
21. “Doubt is a killer. You just have to know who you are and what you stand for.” – Jennifer Lopez
You will also enjoy our article on support quotes
22. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on responsible person.
23. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” – Melissa Etheridge
You will also enjoy our article on New Girl quotes.
24. “Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror.” – Byron Katie
You will also enjoy our article on patience quotes.
25. “The way in which we think of ourselves has everything to do with how our world sees us and how we see ourselves successfully acknowledged by the world.” – Arlene Rankin
Have you seen these short inspirational quotes to fuel your day?
Short inspirational quotes for women
According to a study by the American Psychological Association, women who internalize gender stereotypes may experience decreased confidence, which can negatively impact their ability to lead.
Inspirational quotes and messages that promote confidence and self-assurance can help counteract these negative effects and empower women to lead with strength.
26. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” – Helen Keller
You will also enjoy our article on passion quotes.
27. “It isn’t where you came from. It’s where you’re going that counts.” – Ella Fitzgerald
You will also enjoy our article on empowering quotes.
28. “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.” – Carol Burnett
You will also enjoy our article on criticism quotes.
29. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
You will also enjoy our article on Personal Growth Quotes.
30. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
31. “Good things happen to those who hustle.” – Anaïs Nin
32. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive.” – Maya Angelou
33. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.” – Dolly Parton
34. “You are enough just as you are.” – Meghan Markle
35. “Despite the forecast, live like it’s spring.” – Lily Pulitzer
You might also like these servant leadership quotes to help you be a good leader.
Inspirational Quotes For Women That Will Give You Confidence
Research by the Harvard Business Review found that women leaders tend to be more empathetic and collaborative than their male counterparts.
This underscores the value of women’s unique leadership qualities and the importance of promoting diversity in leadership teams.
36. “Females are the most beautiful, gorgeous creatures in the whole world. And I think that we are gorgeous no matter what size we are.” — Alicia Keys
You will also enjoy our article on independent woman.
37. “A strong woman understands that the gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts.” — Nancy Rathburn
38. “I always wanted to be a femme fatale. Even when I was a young girl, I never really wanted to be a girl. I wanted to be a woman.” — Diane Von Furstenberg
39. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” — Oprah
40. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
41. “Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
42. “There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish.” — Michelle Obama
43. “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.” — Marge Piercy
44. “I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and my femininity. And I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
45. “I am woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that’s me.” — Maya Angelou
You will also enjoy our article on Maya Angelou quotes.
Powerful Inspiration Quotes For Women
46. “No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back.” ― Kamala Harris
47. “Embrace everything you are as a woman. Even your flaws too. And the things that you want to fix, you make them better.” ― Kelly Rowland
48. “A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
49. “Women will be hidden no more. We will not remain hidden figures. We have names.” ― Janelle Monae
50. “Whether women are better than men I cannot say – but I can say they are certainly no worse.” ― Golda Meir
51. “I just want women to always feel in control. Because we’re capable, we’re so capable.” ― Nicki Minaj
52. “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.” ― Audre Lorde
53. “When women and girls are empowered to participate fully in society, everyone benefits.” ― Melinda Gates
54. “Women will have achieved true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.” ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg
55. “We still think of a powerful man as a born leader and a powerful woman as an anomaly.” ― Margaret Atwood
You will also enjoy our article on Nicki Minaj quotes.
Inspirational Quotes for Women to Ignite The Fire in Her
56. “A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.” — Gina Carey
57. “In a world that wants women to whisper, I choose to yell.” — Luvvie Ajayi
58. “She remembered who she was and the game changed.” — Lalah Deliah
59. “We need to get women to the point where they aren’t apologizing. It is time to take ownership in our success.” — Tory Burch
60. “My husband always tells me that I’m the most unrelenting person he’s ever met, and it’s true. If I make a commitment to something, I will stick to it no matter what.” — Jenny Craig
61. “Every time someone writes that I play ‘strong women’ what they’re implying is that most women aren’t. How about I just play well-written parts?” — Jessica Chastain
62. “We have to teach our girls that they can reach as high as humanly possible.” — Beyonce
63. “Where there is a woman there is magic.” — Ntozake Shange
64. “I do not wish women to have power over men; but over themselves.” — Mary Wollstonecraft
65. “I guess at the end of the day, all women like to be appreciated and treated with respect and kindness.” — Sofia Vergara
Inspirational Quotes For Women To Inspire Growth And Empowerment
66. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” — Margaret Thatcher
67. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. … It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.” — Ruth Bader Ginsburg
68. “Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” — Amelia Earhart
69. “Women are the real architects of society.” — Cher
70. “A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” — Diane Mariechild
71. “How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.” — Anais Nin
72. “A confident woman, a woman who truly knows her worth and her power is a force to be reckoned with.” — Mandy Hale
73. “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” — Albert Einstein
74. “We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” — Beyoncé
75. “Strong women don’t have ‘attitudes’, we have standards.” — Marilyn Monroe
Inspirational Quotes for Women To Inspire Young Girls
76. “Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression.” ― Margaret Sanger
77. “Women have always been the strong ones of the world. The men are always seeking from women a little pillow to put their heads down on. They are always longing for the mother who held them as infants.” ― Coco Chanel
78. “We need women at all levels, including the top, to change the dynamic, reshape the conversation, to make sure women’s voices are heard and heeded, not overlooked and ignored.” ― Sheryl Sandberg
79. “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” ― Melinda Gates
80. “Women have always been the strong ones of the world.” ― Coco Chanel
81. “Women have to harness their power – it’s absolutely true. It’s just learning not to take the first ‘no.’ And if you can’t go straight ahead, you go around the corner.” ― Cher
82. “I do not feel any less of a woman. I feel empowered that I made a strong choice that in no way diminishes my femininity.” ― Angelina Jolie
83. “No woman can call herself free who does not own and control her body. No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether she will or will not be a mother.” ― Margaret Sanger
84. “Woman must not accept; she must challenge.” ― Margaret Sanger
85. “I hate to hear you talk about all women as if they were fine ladies instead of rational creatures. None of us want to be in calm waters all our lives.” ― Jane Austen
Which of these inspirational quotes for women was your favorite?
Whenever a woman needs to develop self-confidence, it’s important to have a couple of strong, independent women to look up to.
Reading their words of wisdom is a great way to not only encourage and empower yourself but also to celebrate and promote the achievements of the amazing women around us.
Hopefully, the quotes above have inspired you to become the woman you were meant to be.
Did you enjoy these inspirational quotes for women?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
September 12, 2019 at 9:04 PM
Why is, ” I Am Human” by Maya Angelou not at the top of this list?
July 30, 2019 at 11:11 PM
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage” I believe that & what a way to put it Anais Nin. Thank you
June 29, 2019 at 5:14 AM
Thanks. Just what I need to keep pushing forward
March 8, 2019 at 8:55 AM
Anne Sweeney’s quote is so true… we base our idea of success on other people’s … your own success might be very different but none the less important. Keeping a family together, dealing with daily pain, illness. Helping others. Succeeding in life is not all glitzy and shiny, sometimes succeeding is just winning the daily battle 💕
February 25, 2019 at 7:25 PM
Arianna Huffington-We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes – understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.
June 16, 2019 at 4:58 PM
Lady Gaga, number 4. Not a huge fan but totally respect her strength and courage to do what she wants.Her words are an inspirational and she is bloody well right. Thank you. Needed this today.