Infidelity Quotes For You To Forgive And Move On
December 28, 2022 7:07 AM EST
These infidelity quotes express the pain and disturbance felt by a heartbroken person.
The quotes also provide a reason to forgive and move on with life.
Infidelity is a devastating blow to a relationship between a husband and wife.
If this happens to you, you must deal with anger, shock, and a broken heart.
These infidelity quotes can help you control your emotions and leave behind what has happened in your matrimonial life.
But before we go to the quotes section, spare some time to learn what infidelity is and its warning signs.
What is infidelity?
Also referred to as adultery and cheating, infidelity is an act of having a sexual or intimate relationship outside one’s marriage or legal relationship.
Infidelity might or might not include sexual encounters.
This can even happen online.
Warning signs of infidelity
It might not be easy to know whether your partner is having an affair with another person.
However, you can judge your partner’s behavior by noticing the critical signs of infidelity.
Here are some red flags:
- The first sign of infidelity is an abrupt change in your partner’s behavior.
- Your partner is paying more attention to his/her outfit and appearance.
- Your partner appears to be stressed and distracted.
- Your spouse or partner starts demanding more privacy.
- Your partner is spending more time outside the home.
- Connecting with your partner gets more challenging as he/she isn’t reacting to what you are saying or expressing.
By considering these factors, you can analyze the changes in your partner’s day-to-day interaction with you.
Keep reading for some insightful quotes about infidelity.
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of relatable cheating quotes.
Top 10 best infidelity quotes
If you are looking for the best infidelity quotes to share, check out the list below.
1. “I was unfaithful even to Infidelity.” — Robert Bly
2. “Infidelity raises profound questions about intimacy.” — Junot Diaz
3. “We pardon infidelities, but we do not forget them.” — Madame de La Fayette
4. “Everybody should be entitled to one lie, one failing, one infidelity.” — Martin Firrell
5. “There never yet was a mother who taught her child to be an infidel.” — Josh Billings
6. “Infidelity, cheating is the easiest, stupidest, dumbest thing you can do.” — Joy Browne
7. “Bad marriages don’t cause infidelity; infidelity causes bad marriages.” — Frank Pittman
8. “Infidelity is horrible. There’s nothing worse than that; it’s devastating.” — Jessica Capshaw
9. “I think infidelity is difficult, monogamy is difficult, and marriage is difficult.” — Maura Tierney
10. “Because I’ve been on the receiving end of infidelity, I know how much it hurts.” — Rachel Hunter
Infidelity quotes to pacify you
The infidelity quotes listed here are soothing enough to pacify you. You can overcome your stress by reading these quotes.
11. “Infidelity is a fairly common occurrence in society but very often not spoken about.” — Rasika Dugal
12. “Many women, sometime in their life, are going to get to a point where they have to admit infidelity.” — La India
13. “If you say, I love you, then you have already fallen in love with language, which is already a form of break up and infidelity.” — Jean Baudrillard
14. “As a woman who experienced infidelity firsthand, I will always advise my girlfriends to only trust their husbands 95 percent and leave 5 percent for human error.” — Yolanda Hadid
15. “Infidelity has always existed, but I feel like it was brushed under the carpet, behind the scenes. Now everyone is at it – and they’ve stopped pretending they’re not.” — Karan Johar
16. “In a way, fraud in business is no different from infidelity in marriage or plagiarism in scholarly work. Even people committed to high moral standards succumb.” — Miroslav Volf
17. “I’ve never cheated or been cheated upon. I’ve seen my parents together and secure. So I feel the same way. Infidelity stems from low self-esteem. You want to cheat when you don’t feel good about yourself.” — Preity Zinta
18. “Love is understood, in a historical way, as one of the great human vocations – but its counterspell has always been infidelity. This terrible, terrible betrayal that can tear apart not only another person, not only oneself but whole families.” — Junot Diaz
19. “Writers are always writing about infidelity. It’s so dramatic. The wickedness of it, the secrecy, the complications, the finding that you thought you were one person but you’re also this other person. The innocent life and the guilty life. My God, it’s just full of stuff for a writer. I doubt it will ever go out of fashion.” — Alice Munro
20. “You hear a lot of songs that are about people cheating or about infidelity. I haven’t really heard one before about connecting with the noble part of yourself. I know it sounds a little bit cheesy, but that’s the real deal. There are a lot of people who are making a genuinely good, sweet decision on a daily basis.” — Andy Grammer
Infidelity quotes for broken hearts
If your partner has broken your heart by committing infidelity, you need time to compose yourself. Reading these infidelity quotes can help you to move on with your life.
21. “I think what destroys Hollywood marriages is our work schedule, not so much infidelity.” — Eva Longoria
22. “The cultural expectation should be if there’s infidelity, the marriage is more important than fidelity.” — Dan Savage
23. “I think that women are more sensitive to emotional infidelity than men. I think men are more scared of physical infidelity.” — Olivia Wilde
24. “Justification for infidelity and dishonesty in all their manifestations lies in the marginal cost economics of “just this once.” — Clayton Christensen
25. “He, however, who begins with Metaphysics, will not only become confused in matters of religion but will fall into complete infidelity.” — Maimonides
26. “I don’t want to sell myself short. You hurt your spouse, not so much by the infidelity, but by the negative feelings about yourself that you bring home.” — Michael Zaslow
27. “There’s so many different ways to cheat. People think infidelity is the way to cheat. I think it’s sometimes far worse to emotionally cheat on somebody.” — Sandra Bullock
28. “Mistresses is about the lives of four women, each going through different versions of infidelity. Their longtime friendship is what gets them through extremely challenging times.” — Rochelle Aytes
29. “It is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving, it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe.” — Thomas Paine
30. “People are always fascinated by infidelity because, in the end – whether we’ve had direct experience or not – there’s part of you that knows there’s absolutely no more piercing betrayal. People are undone by it.” — Junot Diaz
Infidelity quotes for social media
Below are the top infidel quotes for sharing on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
31. “There are women whose infidelities are the only link they still have with their husbands.” — Sacha Guitry
32. “When would he realize that it wasn’t his infidelity I couldn’t bear, but his cowardice.” — Tatiana de Rosnay
33. “Physical infidelity is the signal, the notice given, that all fidelities are undermined.” — Katherine Anne Porter
34. “There is nothing more humiliating than loving someone so much that you forgive the infidelities.” — Jerry Hall
35. “Although I wrote a book about infidelity around the world, I ended up concluding that fidelity is quite a good idea.” — Pamela Druckerman
36. “Infidelity is a deal breaker for me. I’ve broken up with people over it. You can’t do monogamy 90 percent of the time.” — Alanis Morissette
37. “I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children.” — Tiger Woods
38. “In my experience, I think there’s must ado about fidelity and infidelity. I think sometimes true emotional relationships can go beyond those.” — Karan Johar
39. “Infidelity in a serious relationship? No, I have never had that kind of a conflict. My conflicts have been time elements, geographical elements.” — Sidharth Malhotra
40. “I find infidelity interesting because it’s so revelatory about people. It’s this really silent thing. Everyone acknowledges it as a general practice, but nobody likes to go beyond that, to get down to the nitty-gritty.” — Junot Diaz
Other infidelity quotes that you may like
If you haven’t found the best infidelity quote of your choice, here are some options that you might find interesting.
41. “Infidelity doesn’t come from lack of love; it comes from a lack of respect.” — Unknown
42. “I am not going to speculate about the emotions that might be involved in avian infidelity.” — Tim Birkhead
43. “When love becomes labored we welcome an act of infidelity towards ourselves to free us from fidelity.” — Francois de La Rochefoucauld
44. “I do think that with any kind of infidelity, on some level – unless you’re dealing with a sociopath – there’s always a reason.” — Jessica Capshaw
45. “It is the fear of middle-age in the young, of old-age in the middle-aged, which is the prime cause of infidelity, that infallible rejuvenator.” — Cyril Connolly
46. “Never tell a loved one of an infidelity: you would be badly rewarded for your troubles. Although one dislikes being deceived, one likes even less to be undeceived.” — Ninon de L’Enclos
47. “Despite the slowness, the infidelity, the errors and sins it committed and might still commit against its members, the Church, trust me, has no other meaning and goal but to live and witness Jesus.” — Pope Francis
48. “The parents have a right to say that no teacher paid by their money shall rob their children of faith in God and send them back to their homes skeptical, or infidels, or agnostics, or atheists.” — William Jennings Bryan
49. “No person is perfect. I haven’t, thank God, had any infidelity issues. But you can’t say what you won’t ever do. And you can’t say that you won’t have forgiveness in your heart if there were to be an issue like that.” — Tasha Smith
50. “I think that in any language when you have a real relationship, and there is love and respect between people, infidelity is always something difficult to accept – whether you are Chinese, British, or French. I think that is a universal concept… or problem.” — Jean-Michel Jarre
Which of these infidelity quotes inspires you the most?
Once you have gone through our quotes sections, finding your favorite infidelity quotes won’t be that difficult.
If you have found your favorite infidelity quote, please mention it in the comments below.
Let us know how you feel after reading these infidelity quotes and sayings.
We would love to hear from you.