Rain, rain, go away? You will want to invite those showers in once you read these beautiful rainy day quotes!
We all encounter rainy days in our lives – those times of need, trouble, pain, suffering, or loss.
Whether it’s financial struggles, emotional storms, poor health, or relationship difficulties, there will always be turbulent times in life.
The waters of life will not always be calm. Life will not always be rosy and not all of your days will be sweet.
But although we will always face challenges in life, we should not focus too much on the problems that we lose sight of the opportunities. We should always find the optimistic viewpoint.
To help bring calm and peace to the struggles you might be facing, below is our collection of inspirational rainy day quotes, rainy day sayings, and rainy day proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Rainy Day Quotes Celebrating The Passing of Storms
1. ”Celebrate the rain; it only means that the sun shall shine bigger and brighter than ever.” – Anonymous
2. ”Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
3. “And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
4. ”Life’s not about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about Learning To Dance In The Rain.” – Vivian Greene
5. ”Only a select few are able to see the true beauty that lies behind what just might seem like a rainy day or a grey sky.” – Jessica M. Laar
6. ”The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
7. ”On a sunny clear day, you can improve your body; on a rainy fogy day, you can improve your mind!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
8. ”Remember; not every rainy day holds within it the promise of any rainbow.” – Anonymous
9. ”You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” – Denzel Washington
10. ”Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
Rainy day quotes to help you see the positive
11. ”Colours shone with exceptional clarity in the rain. The ground was a deep black, the pine branches a brilliant green, the people wrapped in yellow looking like special spirits that were allowed to wander over the earth on rainy mornings only.” – Haruki Murakami
12. ”Thy fate is the common fate of all; Into each life some rain must fall. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
13. ”Skilful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempest.” – Epicurus
14. ”A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of sea quotes to invoke depth and exploration.
15. ”Don’t confuse your path with your destination. Just because it’s stormy now doesn’t mean that you aren’t headed for sunshine.” – Anonymous
16. ”Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” – Victor Hugo
17. ”The sun after the rain is much beautiful than the sun before the rain.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
18. ”Nana always said the rain was nature’s way of adding sparkle to the outdoors.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
19. ”Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves . Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine.” – James Poland
20. ”The purpose of this glorious life is not simply to endure it, but to soar, stumble and flourish as you learn to fall in love with existence. We were born to live dear, not merely exist.” – Becca Lee
Remember to also read these rain quotes that will lift your spirit.
Rainy day quotes to bring joy and happiness
21. ”There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky. And you ask ‘What is I fall?’ Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” –Erin Hanson
22. ”Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
23. ”I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” – Maya Angelou
24. ”The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
25. ”Celebrate the rain; it only means that the sun shall shine bigger and brighter than ever.” – Anonymous
26. ”Don’t predict the condition of the entire day by the state of the morning. You don’t judge a book by its cover. A cloudy morning is no guarantee for a rainy day!” – Israelmore Ayivor
27. ”Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.” – John Updike
28. ”Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.” – Roger Miller
29. ”I’ve always found the rain very calming.” – Venus Williams
30. ”The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.” – Eeyore
Rainy day quotes to lift your spirits
31. ”Rain showers my spirit and waters my soul.” –Emily Logan Decens
32. ”Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure.” –Emily Wing Smith
33. ”There are many things I do for amusement, but for happiness I like to gather up my memories and go for a walk in the rain.” – Robert Brault
34. ”A rainy day is a special gift to readers.” – Amy Miles
35. ”The person who dances with you in the rain will most likely walk with you in the storms.” – Anonymous
36. ”The rain fluctuates between drizzle and torrential. It messes with your mind. It makes you think things will always be like this, never getting better, always letting you down right when you though the worst was over.” – Susane Colasanti
37. ”Rain falls because the clouds can no longer handle the weight. Tears fall because the heart cannot longer handle the pain.” – Anonymous
38. ”If the rain spoils our picnic, but saves a farmer’s crop, who are we to say it shouldn’t rain?” – Tom Barrett (see more farmer quotes)
39. ”Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.” – Vladimir Nabokov
40. ”Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” – John Ruskin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of snow quotes that celebrate the winter season.
Rainy day quotes to make you strong
41. “Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.” – Langston Hughes
42. “The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling.” – Lucretius
43. “Without rain, there is no life.” – Jerry Yang
44. “God is good for everybody. The sun shines on good people and bad people, and it rains on both, too. God doesn’t choose rain only for bad people.” – Mariano Rivera
45. “Let us keep the dance of rain our fathers kept and tread our dreams beneath the jungle sky.” – Arna Bontemps
If you’re enjoying these quotes, check out our dance quotes to inspire you to get your body moving.
46. “In London, the weather would affect me negatively. I react strongly to light. If it is cloudy and raining, there are clouds and rain in my soul.” – Jerzy Kosinski
47. “I need the seasons to live to the rhythm of rain and sun.” – Sophie Marceau
48. “Some people are making such thorough preparation for rainy days that they aren’t enjoying today’s sunshine.” – William Feather
49. “A rainy day is an equalizer. You don’t know what’s going to happen. You just take what you can get.” – Charlie Harvey
50. “Keep something for a rainy day.” – Traditional Proverb
Other inspirational rainy day quotes
51. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn
52. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.”– Duke Ellington
53. “Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them. Have tremendous expectations and believe in them.”– Norman Vincent Peale
54. “Use what you’ve been through as fuel, believe in yourself and be unstoppable!”– Yvonne Pierre
55. “Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.”– Albert Schweitzer
56. “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.”– Epicetus
57. “Everybody needs time to reflect and contemplate, and the most inspirational and peaceful place to do so is in nature.” – Akiane Kramarik
58. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.”– Nelson Mandela
59. “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.”– Doe Zantamata
60. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
61. “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.”– Chinese Proverb
62. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.”– Lee Iacocca
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of short positive quotes to fuel your day.
63. “You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.”– James Allen
64. “We have nothing to fear, but fear itself.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
65. “Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.”- John Wooden
More rainy day quotes and sayings
66. “After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here.” – Walt Disney Company
67. “Rain didn’t make things messy. People did that all on their own.” – Barbara Delinsky
68. “A light rain touches my cheek like an angel’s butterfly kisses.” – Amanda Mosher
69. “Rain clouds come floating in, not to muddy my days ahead, but to make me calm, happy and hopeful.” – Rajuda
70. “Life is about choices. Some we regret, some were proud of. Some will haunt us forever. ‘Black Rain’ was very much about choices. The message – we are what we chose to be.” – Graham Brown
71. “Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of your favorite food, or the sound of a loved one’s voice.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
72. “When the rain comes expect a blessing to follow!” – Positively Sherry
73. “The sound of thunder, the smell of rain. The earth giving birth to another season. Nature’s labor pains…beautiful.” – Carol Morgan
74. “Every time it rains, the soil counts every drop to know exactly how many times to thank to God!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
75. “A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.” – Robert Frost
Which of these rainy day quotes was your favorite?
We all experience storms at some point in our lives. Life comes with troubles; regardless of your status or what point you are at.
But no matter what challenges come your way, joy and happiness doesn’t have to stop. Hopefully, the above quotes will inspire you to keep your chin up no matter what storms you might be facing.
Which of these rainy day quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other quotes to add to the list. Tell us in the comment section below.
March 23, 2021 6:00 AM EST