These rainy day quotes are just what you need to get through the days when the sky is grey, and everything is… wet.
Rain, rain, go away?
You will want to invite those showers in once you read these beautiful rainy day quotes!
Tell us your favorite rainy day quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading rainy day quotes?
We all encounter rainy days in our lives – those times of need, trouble, pain, suffering, or loss.
There will always be turbulent times in life, whether it’s:
- Financial struggles
- Emotional storms
- Poor health
- Relationship difficulties
The waters of life will not always be calm.
Life will not always be rosy, and not all of your days will be sweet.
Although we will always face challenges in life, we should not focus too much on the problems that we lose sight of the opportunities.
We should always find an optimistic viewpoint.
Let these rainy day quotes remind you that everything has a purpose and beauty.
To help bring calm and peace to the struggles you might face, below is our collection of inspirational rainy day quotes, rainy day sayings, and rainy day proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Rainy Day Quotes Celebrating The Passing of Storms
1. ”The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
You will also enjoy our article on Sunday quotes.
2. ”A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of sea quotes to invoke depth and exploration.
You will also enjoy our article on Wednesday quotes.
3. ”The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” – Dolly Parton
You will also enjoy our article on green quotes.
4. ”A rainy day is a special gift to readers.” – Amy Miles
You will also enjoy our article on Thursday quotes.
5. “I need the seasons to live to the rhythm of rain and sun.” – Sophie Marceau
You will also enjoy our article on waves quotes.
6. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert Schuller
7. ”Life’s not about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about Learning To Dance In The Rain.” – Vivian Greene
8. ”You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.” – Denzel Washington
You will also enjoy our article on you are my sunshine quotes.
9. ”Give thanks for the rain in your life which waters the flowers of your soul.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
10. ”Skilful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempest.” – Epicurus
Rainy day quotes to help you see the positive
11. “A rainy day is the perfect time for a walk in the woods.” – Rachel Carson
12. “A rainy day is like a lovely gift — you can sleep late and not feel guilty.” – Elizabeth Jane Howard
13. “A single gentle rain makes the grass many shades greener.” – Henry David Thoreau
14. “I love the smell of rain, and I love the sound of the ocean waves.” – Amy Purdy
15. “I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.” – Charles Chaplin
16. ”Thy fate is the common fate of all; Into each life some rain must fall. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
You will also enjoy our article on childhood quotes.
17. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa
You will also enjoy our article on weekend quotes.
18. ”Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” – Victor Hugo
You will also enjoy our article on single mom quotes.
19. ”The sun after the rain is much beautiful than the sun before the rain.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
You will also enjoy our article on spicoli quotes.
20. ”Nana always said the rain was nature’s way of adding sparkle to the outdoors.” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
Rainy day quotes to bring joy and happiness
21. “It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.” – Howard Ruff
You will also enjoy our article on vacation quotes.
22. “If you want to see a rainbow you have to learn to see the rain.” – Paulo Coelho
You will also enjoy our article on tuesday quotes.
23. “If the rain spoils our picnic but saves a farmer’s crop, who are we to say it shouldn’t rain?” – Tom Barrett
You will also enjoy our article on Friday quotes.
24. “Life is all about dancing in the rain and creating your own rainbow.” – Theras Primus
You will also enjoy our article on good afternoon quotes.
25. “Storms make trees take deeper roots.” – Dolly Parton
You will also enjoy our article on Saturday quotes.
26. “Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
You will also enjoy our article on grey quotes.
27. ”Rain is grace; rain is the sky descending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.” – John Updike
You will also enjoy our article on rain man quotes.
28. ”Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.” – Roger Miller
29. ”I’ve always found the rain very calming.” – Venus Williams
30. ”The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.” – Eeyore
Rainy day quotes to lift your spirits
31. ”Rain showers my spirit and waters my soul.” -Emily Logan Decens
32. ”Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure.” -Emily Wing Smith
33. ”There are many things I do for amusement, but for happiness I like to gather up my memories and go for a walk in the rain.” – Robert Brault
34. ”Colours shone with exceptional clarity in the rain. The ground was a deep black, the pine branches a brilliant green, the people wrapped in yellow looking like special spirits that were allowed to wander over the earth on rainy mornings only.” – Haruki Murakami
35. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life. It goes on.” – Robert Frost
36. ”The rain fluctuates between drizzle and torrential. It messes with your mind. It makes you think things will always be like this, never getting better, always letting you down right when you though the worst was over.” – Susane Colasanti
37. “When the going gets tough – the tough get going!” – John Belushi
38. “Stew’s so comforting on a rainy day.” — Dodie Smith
39. ”Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.” – Vladimir Nabokov
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of snow quotes that celebrate the winter season and these January Quotes to encourage you to welcome this chilly month with open arms. .
Rainy day quotes to make you strong
41. “Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.” – Langston Hughes
42. “The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling.” – Lucretius
43. “Without rain, there is no life.” – Jerry Yang
44. “God is good for everybody. The sun shines on good people and bad people, and it rains on both, too. God doesn’t choose rain only for bad people.” – Mariano Rivera
45. “Let us keep the dance of rain our fathers kept and tread our dreams beneath the jungle sky.” – Arna Bontemps
If you’re enjoying these quotes, check out our dance quotes to inspire you to get your body moving.
46. “In London, the weather would affect me negatively. I react strongly to light. If it is cloudy and raining, there are clouds and rain in my soul.” – Jerzy Kosinski
47. ”The purpose of this glorious life is not simply to endure it, but to soar, stumble and flourish as you learn to fall in love with existence. We were born to live dear, not merely exist.” – Becca Lee
48. “Some people are making such thorough preparation for rainy days that they aren’t enjoying today’s sunshine.” – William Feather
49. “A rainy day is an equalizer. You don’t know what’s going to happen. You just take what you can get.” – Charlie Harvey
50. “Keep something for a rainy day.” – Traditional Proverb
Other inspirational rainy day quotes
51. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn
52. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.”– Duke Ellington
53. “Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them. Have tremendous expectations and believe in them.”– Norman Vincent Peale
54. “Use what you’ve been through as fuel, believe in yourself and be unstoppable!”– Yvonne Pierre
55. “Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.”– Albert Schweitzer
56. “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.”– Epicetus
57. “Everybody needs time to reflect and contemplate, and the most inspirational and peaceful place to do so is in nature.” – Akiane Kramarik
58. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.”– Nelson Mandela
59. “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.”– Doe Zantamata
60. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
61. “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.”– Chinese Proverb
62. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.”– Lee Iacocca
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of short positive quotes to fuel your day.
63. “You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.”– James Allen
64. “We have nothing to fear, but fear itself.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
65. “The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house. All that cold, cold, wet day.” — Dr. Seuss
Rainy day quotes to motivate you
66. “After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here.” – Walt Disney Company
67. “Rain didn’t make things messy. People did that all on their own.” – Barbara Delinsky
68. “A light rain touches my cheek like an angel’s butterfly kisses.” – Amanda Mosher
69. “Rain clouds come floating in, not to muddy my days ahead, but to make me calm, happy and hopeful.” – Rajuda
70. “Life is about choices. Some we regret, some were proud of. Some will haunt us forever. ‘Black Rain’ was very much about choices. The message – we are what we chose to be.” – Graham Brown
71. “Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of your favorite food, or the sound of a loved one’s voice.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
72. “When the rain comes expect a blessing to follow!” – Positively Sherry
73. “The sound of thunder, the smell of rain. The earth giving birth to another season. Nature’s labor pains…beautiful.” – Carol Morgan
74. “Every time it rains, the soil counts every drop to know exactly how many times to thank to God!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
75. “A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.” – Robert Frost
76. ”Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” – Rabindranath Tagore
77. “And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
78. ”Only a select few are able to see the true beauty that lies behind what just might seem like a rainy day or a grey sky.” – Jessica M. Laar
79. ”On a sunny clear day, you can improve your body; on a rainy fogy day, you can improve your mind!” – Mehmet Murat ildan
80. “Prosperity is not without many fears and disasters; and adversity is not without comforts and hopes.” – Francis Bacon
More rainy day quotes and sayings
81. ”Like the sky opens after a rainy day we must open to ourselves . Learn to love yourself for who you are and open so the world can see you shine.” – James Poland
82. ”There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky. And you ask ‘What is I fall?’ Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” –Erin Hanson
83. ”Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.” – Ashley Smith
84. ”I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.” – Maya Angelou
85. ”Don’t predict the condition of the entire day by the state of the morning. You don’t judge a book by its cover. A cloudy morning is no guarantee for a rainy day!” – Israelmore Ayivor
86. “Everybody wants happiness, and nobody wants pain, but you can’t have a rainbow without a little rain.” – Zion Lee
87. “Singing in the rain. I’m singing in the rain. And it’s such a glorious feeling.”― David Levithan
88. “He knows not his own strength who hath not met adversity.” – William Samuel Johnson
89. “Rain hangs about the place, like a friendly ghost. If it’s not coming down in delicate droplets, then it’s in buckets; and if neither, it tends to lurk suspiciously in the atmosphere.” – Barbara Acton-Bond
90. “I don’t believe in pessimism. If something doesn’t come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it’s going to rain, it will.” — Clint Eastwood
Rainy day quotes because life is not always made up of sunny days
91. “I love the rain. It’s my favorite weather.” — Kristen Wiig
92. “No person has the right to rain on your dreams.” — Marian Edelman
93. “Predicting rain doesn’t count. Building arks does.” — Warren Buffett
94. “One can find so many pains when the rain is falling.” — John Steinbeck
95. “Don’t threaten me with love, baby. Let’s just go walking in the rain.” — Billie Holiday
96. “Save a boyfriend for a rainy day – and another, in case it doesn’t rain.” — Mae West
97. “Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.” — Hosea Ballou
98. “Vexed sailors cursed the rain, for which poor shepherds prayed in vain.” — Edmund Waller
99. “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees.” — George Eliot
100. “There are three things you can do in a baseball game. You can win, or you can lose, or it can rain.” — Casey Stengel
Rainy day quotes that are relatable to life
101. “The sound of the rain needs no translation.” -Alan Watts
102. “The rain plays a little sleep song on our roof at night and I love the rain.” -Langston Hughes
103. “Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” -Rumi
104. “I feel most at peace when it is raining for it reminds me that the sky is alive.” -Taylor Ashley
105. “I cry in the rain, so nobody will notice my tears.” -Caroline
106. “Rain is nature’s way of washing the world clean.” -William Shakespeare
107. “Rain is the voice of heaven.” -Japanese proverb
108. “I never saw a raincloud I didn’t want to dance with.” -Dolly Parton
109. “I love rain. It makes me feel like it’s not just me – that other people are feeling it too.” -John Green
110. “I need to be in the rain, where I can feel my body again. I need to be in the rain, where I can taste and smell and touch.” -Haruki Murakami
Beautiful Rainy Day Quotes
111. “She was my rain. She was my unpredictable element. She was my fear. But racers should not be afraid of rain, a racer should embrace the rain.” — Garth Stein
112. “Valentine’s Weather Kiss me with rain on your eyelashes come on let us sway together under the trees and to hell with thunder.” — Edwin Morgan
113. “Instead, she’s as still as a leaf littered pond, dark water evaporating, waiting desperately for rain.” — Emma Cameron
114. “The only noise now was the rain, pattering softly with the magnificent indifference of nature for the tangled passions of humans.” — Sherwood Smith
115. “Rain slips through your fingers as easily as words blow away in the wind and yet it has the power to destroy your whole world.” — Karen Maitland
116. “Rain is good for vegetables, and for the animals who eat those vegetables, and for the animals who eat those animals.” — Samuel Johnson
117. “I think rain is as necessary to the mind as to vegetation. My very thoughts become thirsty, and crave the moisture.” — John Burroughs
118. “The person who deserves most pity is a lonesome one on a rainy day who doesn’t know how to read.” — Benjamin Franklin
119. “Life isn’t how you survive the thunderstorm, but how you dance in the rain.” — Adam Young
120. “Weather is a great metaphor for life. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s bad, and there’s nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella or choose to dance in the rain.” — Terri Guillemets
Rainy Day Quotes That Will Love The Season
121. “In time of silver rain the butterflies lift silken wings to catch a rainbow cry.” — Langston Hughes.
122. “After the rain cometh the fair weather.” — Aesop
123. “The rain falls gently down, and slowly fills my cup. This never would have happened, If raindrops all fell up.” — Tom Batiuk
124. “If you think it’s going to rain, it will.” — Clint Eastwood
125. “The rain began again. It fell heavily, easily, with no meaning or intention but the fulfillment of its own nature, which was to fall and fall.” — Helen Garner
126. “I like it when it rains hard. It sounds like white noise everywhere, which is like silence but not empty.” — Mark Haddon
127. “From where we stand the rain seems random. If we could stand somewhere else, we would see the order in it.” — Tony Hillerman
128. “In what language does rain fall over tormented cities?” — Pablo Neruda
129. “Life has many changes. Tomorrow it may rain, and it’s supposed to be sunny, ’cause it’s summertime. But God’s got a funny soul, he plays like Charlie Parker.” — Charles Mingus
130. “I am sure it is always a great mistake to know enough to go in when it rains. One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness.” — Adeline Knapp
Rainy Day Quotes To Elevate Your Mood
131. “Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” ― Bill Watterson
132. “Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.” ― Karen Carpenter
133. “I believe in running through the rain and crashing into the person you love and having your lips bleed on each other.” ― Billy Bob Thornton
134. “Rainy day weddings create opportunities for really unique photos!” ― Julie Roberts
135. “I wonder what ants do on rainy days?” ― Haruki Murakami
136. “You have to accept the storms and the rainy days and the things in life that you sometimes don’t want to face.” ― Bai Ling
137. “Don’t like small talk, love rainy days.” ― Melissa Gilbert
138. “A rainy day can actually be a very important day. And a small hope isn’t really small if it makes a lost hope less sad.” ― Rachel Simon
139. “Build shelter against a rainy day.” ― John Wooden
140. “A rainy day ceases to have meaning for a person who has lived in the open under a monsoon cloud most of his life.” ― Vikas Swarup
Rainy Day Quotes To Inspire You to Set Aside Some Savings
141. “Savings is an important tool because it can help the poor deal with the ups and downs of irregular earnings, and help them build reserves for a rainy day.” ― Sylvia Mathews Burwell
142. “Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket / Never let it fade away / Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket / Save it for a rainy day.” ― Perry Como
143. “People, who live below their means, save for a rainy day – the price is a cheap life.” ― Robert Kiyosaki
144. “Listing your personal milestones is like storing a pocketful of sunshine for a rainy day. Sometimes our best is simply not enough…. We have to do what is required.” ― Winston Churchill
145. “A man has to work so hard so that something of his personality stays alive. A tomcat has it so easy, he has only to spray and his presence is there for years on rainy days.” ― Albert Einstein
146. “Live within your means, never be in debt, and by husbanding your money you can always lay it out well. But when you get in debt you become a slave. Therefore I say to you never involve yourself in debt, and become no man’s surety.” ― Andrew Jackson
147. “For the first time in over a decade, your state government is doing what you do every day at home-spending what it takes in and saving for a rainy day.” ― Tate Reeves
148. “There was less than I’d expected in the rainy-day fund that Mom had kept in the bottom of an underwear drawer in a panty hose egg labeled ‘DEAD SPIDERS.’ As if I hadn’t always known it was there. As if I wouldn’t want to look at dead spiders.” ― Adam Rex
149. “Rainy day savings are incredibly important, because from time to time, bad things happen. And if you’re not prepared for that, it’s going to be really terrible.” ― Dan Ariely
150. “Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.” ― Warren Buffett
Rainy Day Quotes To Keep You Entertained
151. “A warm, rainy day-this is how it feels when friends get together. Friend refreshes friend then, as flowers do each others, in a spring rain.” ― Rumi
152. “Tape the sound of friends laughing together. Save it for a rainy day.” ― Yoko Ono
153. “On being asked what condition of man he considered the most pitiable: A lonesome man on a rainy day who does not know how to read.” ― Benjamin Franklin
154. “You see, I had been riding with the storm clouds, and had come to earth as rain, and it was drought that I had killed with the power that the Six Grandfathers gave me.” ― Black Elk
155. “The worst thing is a rainy day with no laughs.” ― Jameis Winston
156. “I’ll never let you see, the way my broken heart is hurting me, I’ve got my pride and know how to hide all my sorrow and pain, I’ll do my crying in the rain.” ― Howard Greenfield
157. “I’m taking pictures in my mind so i can save them for a rainy day.” ― Taylor Swift
158. “He then departed, to make himself still more interesting, in the midst of a heavy rain.” ― Jane Austen
159. “I didn’t invent the rainy day. I just own the best umbrella.” ― Jimmy Fallon
160. “Contrary to the general belief about photography, you don’t need bright sunlight: the best moodiest pictures are taken in the dim light of almost dusk, or of rainy days.” ― Jack Kerouac
Rainy Day Quotes To Set Forth A New Perspective On Those Showers
161. “You can’t escape the thoughts on a rainy day: In the spirit of the gloom there is a talisman that keeps people from having fun and invites them to the world of thoughts!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
162. “Rainy day people all know there’s no sorrow they can’t rise above.” — Gordon Lightfoot
163. “When life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles.” — Pooh Bear
164. “Everybody gets sad, even dads that have people to care for, and therefore, you don’t have to hide your pain. Life without rainy days is incomplete.” — Thomas Sanders
165. “This is what rainy days are good for. They make everything clean again.” — Marc Cherry
166 “Enjoy the darkness, gloom, wetness on a rainy day because somehow soon the sun will come out! While watching a movie, don’t close your eyes in some sections, watch the whole movie, live the whole life!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
167. “A cloudy morning does not signify that the entire day is gonna be rainy! What’s pressing you down today has nothing to change about your great future! Let patience be your inspiration.” ― Israelmore Ayivor
168.“You always make the same mistake! You miss the sun on a rainy day! Of course, the sun will come into your life after a while, don’t think about it, you live the rain now, live the gloom, and let the rain teach you something!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
169. “Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots.” — Frank A. Clark
170. “Many a man curses the rain that falls upon his head, and knows not that it brings abundance to drive away the hunger.” — Saint Basil
Rainy Day Quotes That Reveals Its Time For Restoration
171. “With new hope. We build new lives. Why complain when it rains? This is what it means to be free.” — Lawson Fusao Inada
172. “Always be positive, enjoy the music of rain on a rainy day.” — Debasish Mridha
173. “Whenever it’s a rainy day, I pack my troubles up in my room, I chase all the clouds away.” — America
174. “I always feel sorry for people who think more about a rainy day ahead than sunshine today.” — Rae Foley
175. “Rain has always given me an inexplicable joy.” — Nikos Kazantzakis
176. “Umbrella is comfort, rain is life! You must often leave comfort to touch the life!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
177. “There is a way of walking through rain without getting hit by a single drop – you just have to find what it is.” — Stewart Stafford
178. “All’s well, what’s a rainy day? Never mind that cloud, behind that cloud you’ll find a golden ray.” — Jonathan Swift
179. “Rain or Storm change its geography and route when they see you standing ready to face them.” — Sandeep Ravidutt Sharma
180. “Let a smile be your umbrella on a rainy day.” — Priya Singh
181. “Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.” — George Carlin
182. “Salzburg… is a mountain town with a rushing river running right through the center, everything in the rain various shades of green and brown.” — Jonathan Carroll
183. “As against having beautiful workshops, studies, etc., one writes best in a cellar on a rainy day.” — Van Wyck Brooks
184. “Do not, on a rainy day, ask your child what he feels like doing, because I assure you that what he feels like doing, you won’t feel like watching.” — Fran Lebowitz
185. “Rain! whose soft architectural hands have power to cut stones, and chisel to shapes of grandeur the very mountains.” — Henry Ward Beecher
Which of these rainy day quotes was your favorite?
We all experience storms at some point in our lives.
Life comes with troubles; regardless of your status or what point you are at.
But no matter what challenges come your way, joy and happiness doesn’t have to stop.
Hopefully, the above quotes will inspire you to keep your chin up no matter what storms you might be facing.
Which of these rainy day quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other quotes to add to the list.
Tell us in the comment section below.