Tiger Woods is known as one of the greatest golfers of all time. These Tiger Woods quotes highlight his ideas about success, and how much hard work and dedication it truly takes to succeed in life and in a career that you love.
What can we take away from Woods’ success and apply to our own lives?
Woods is the holder of multiple records in the sport, and is tied for first in PGA Tour wins, so it’s clear that he is the pinnacle for success in the sport.
Woods believes that we can only improve, not get worse, so the truth is, once you find your passion, if you keep working at it, you’ll one day make it.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking Tiger Woods quotes, collected from various sources over the years.
Tiger Woods Quotes About the Love of Sport
1. “I love to compete. That’s the essence of who I am.” – Tiger Woods
2. “It will always be the ball and me.” – Tiger Woods
3. “My main focus is on my game.” – Tiger Woods
4. “Golf is me.” – Tiger Woods
5. “Golf has made me and shaped me into the person I am here today.” – Tiger Woods
6. “Every sport evolves. Every sport gets bigger and more athletic, and you have to keep up.” – Tiger Woods
7. “There’s no point in going to a tournament if you don’t believe that you can win it.” – Tiger Woods
8. “I think that in itself, if you’re a true golfer, you’ll see specific things you need to work on. Much cheaper than private lessons.” – Tiger Woods
9. “I’m addicted. I’m addicted to golf.” – Tiger Woods
10. “I get to play golf for a living. What more can you ask for—getting paid for doing what you love.” – Tiger Woods
11. “Golf is a great way for someone to learn discipline, responsibility, and sportsmanship.” – Tiger Woods
12. “My main focus is on my game.” – Tiger Woods
You might also like these motivational golf quotes on character, money, and more.
Tiger Woods Quotes About Hard Work
13. “I’m going to try to keep getting better.” – Tiger Woods
14. “I’m not as far along as Jack Nicklaus was at this age, but I’m trying.” – Tiger Woods
15. “Winning is not always the barometer of getting better.” – Tiger Woods
16. “I mean, as an athlete, as a competitor, you have to have that belief in yourself.” – Tiger Woods
17. “You can always become better.” – Tiger Woods
18. “Winning takes care of everything.” – Tiger Woods
19. “I smile at obstacles.” – Tiger Woods
20. “There’s always stuff to work on. You’re never there.” – Tiger Woods
21. “My will can move mountains.” – Tiger Woods
22. “Days when you just don’t have it, you don’t pack it in, you give it everything you’ve got. You grind it out.” – Tiger Woods
23. “Other golfers may outplay me from time to time, but they’ll never outwork me.” – Tiger Woods
24. “You’ve got to stay patient, stay in the moment, keep grinding… you never know what can happen. And it turned out well.” – Tiger Woods
Tiger Woods Quotes About Success
25. “I did envisage being this successful as a player, but not all the hysteria around it off the golf course.” – Tiger Woods
26. “Money and fame made me believe I was entitled. I was wrong and foolish.” – Tiger Woods
27. “Achievements on the golf course are not what matters, decency and honesty are what matter.” – Tiger Woods
28. “I felt that I had worked hard my entire life and deserved to enjoy all the temptations around me. I felt I was entitled, and thanks to money and fame, I didn’t have to go far to find them.” – Tiger Woods
29. “The thing you don’t dream about as a kid is all the peripheral stuff that comes with success.” – Tiger Woods
30. “I’ve exceeded a few of my goals, but I’m behind on a couple of others.” – Tiger Woods
31. “No matter how good you get you can always get better and that’s the exciting part.” – Tiger Woods
32. “The greatest thing about tomorrow is I will be better than I am today.” – Tiger Woods
33. “You know, all the nay-sayers said that I was doing the wrong things. They can understand why now I made those changes.” – Tiger Woods
Also check out these Wayne Gretzky quotes that transcend hockey.
Wise Tiger Woods Quotes
34. “I always come from the truth.” – Tiger Woods
35. “My failures have made me look at myself in a way I’ve never wanted to before.” – Tiger Woods
36. “I don’t believe that human beings can achieve ultimate enlightenment, because humans have flaws.” – Tiger Woods
37. “I feel like my life is pretty special.” – Tiger Woods
38. “As a kid when I was growing up, as any kid, you think you know every thing and I was no different to that.” – Tiger Woods
39. “Well, you know, a lot of people look at the negative things, the things that they did wrong—which I do. But I like to stress on the things I did right, because there are certain things that I like to look at from a positive standpoint that are just positive reinforcement.” – Tiger Woods
40. “If you’re lucky to have three close people in your life, you’re blessed.” – Tiger Woods
41. “All that really matters is I have two beautiful kids, and I’m trying to be the best dad I can possibly be, and that’s the most important thing of all.” – Tiger Woods
42. “I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect.” – Tiger Woods
43. “Sensationalism sells: Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story.” – Tiger Woods
More Tiger Woods Quotes
44. “If you are given a chance to be a role model, I think you should always take it because you can influence a person’s life in a positive light, and that’s what I want to do. That’s what it’s all about.” – Tiger Woods
45. “Never listen to other people’s expectations. You should live your life and live up to your own expectation.” – Tiger Woods
46. “You have to look at the past in order to learn from it and move on.” – Tiger Woods
47. “If you can’t laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?” – Tiger Woods
48. “I will be a better golfer, I will be a better person, I will be a better father, I will be a better husband, I will be a better friend.” – Tiger Woods
49. “If you come in second, you’re the first loser!” – Tiger Woods
50. “My instincts have never lied to me.” – Tiger Woods
51. “My dad has always taught me these words: care and share. That’s why we put on clinics. The only thing I can do is try to give back. If it works, it works.” – Tiger Woods
52. “You hit a bad shot, you have to get over it right there and then so you can get focused on the next one.” – Tiger Woods
53. “I’ve been a gamer all my life.” – Tiger Woods
54. “I’m committed to try to make the product the best I possibly can.” – Tiger Woods
55. “I don’t get to live by different rules. The same boundaries that apply to everyone apply to me.” – Tiger Woods
56. “I’ve always known where I wanted to go in life.” – Tiger Woods
Have you seen these Tom Brady quotes from the 4x Super Bowl MVP.
What did you learn from these Tiger Woods quotes?
Hard work is the key to succeeding in life. These Tiger Woods quotes take his success in the sport and allow us to understand where that success came from—practice and patience. Tiger Woods is one of the most acclaimed golfers of all time, and one of the most famous athletes alive today.
How can Woods’ success inspire our own? The success that Tiger Woods displays is one based heavily on dedication and passion. Once you find the thing you’re most passionate about, you’ll be well on the road to success, no matter what that passion is, from golf to simply being kind.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these motivational Tiger Woods quotes? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 9, 2020 7:00 AM EST