Tutoring quotes are extremely popular among students and tutors.
This is why we have created a list of the best tutoring quotes.
When going through our list of such quotes, you will easily find a perfect tutoring quote that is worthy of sharing.
In addition to our quotes section, we have also discussed the term tutoring and its various associated aspects.
You may also enjoy reading these related articles:
So, let’s dive in without any further ado!
What is Meant by the Term Tutoring?
Tutoring is a term used for educational support teachers provide a student.
This can help students to succeed in their respective fields of study.
Tutoring could be formal or informal depending on the type of student or his/her study requirements.
Why Tutoring is Important?
Tutoring serves as a valuable resource for almost every student.
Students struggling with their academic performance need some additional support in the shape of tutoring.
Tutoring offers a personalized approach when it comes to teaching and helping a student to learn new concepts.
Tutoring can be helpful for students in the following ways:
- Improve the academic performance of students
- Prepare for tests and exams
- Work on developing learning strategies and study skills
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Learn new concepts or subjects
- Catch up on the missed assignments or coursework
- Get feedback and guidance
Types of Tutoring
There are various types of tutoring options available.
Each of these types of tutoring has its focus and approach.
A few of the most common types of tutoring are:
- Language Tutoring
- Test Preparation Tutoring
- One-On-One Tutoring
- Group Tutoring
- Subject-Specific Tutoring
This is a type of tutoring that mainly focuses on the language skills of a student.
Language tutoring allows a student to learn a new language or improve the existing one.
Students can take either online or in-person language tutoring.
Test Preparation Tutoring
This kind of tutoring allows students to prepare for their tests and exams.
It involves practicing tests and analyzing study strategies.
This is an individualized type of tutoring that focuses on offering specific support and attention to a student.
Students can take this type of tutoring either in-person or online.
Unlike one-on-one tutoring, group tutoring involves teaching a small group of students.
Usually, students studying similar subjects or courses take part in group tutoring.
If a student needs special attention regarding a particular subject, he/she can participate in subject-specific tutoring.
This helps the students to focus on a particular subject.
Students can get this type of tutoring either online or in person.
Top 10 Tutoring Quotes
Here are our top 10 best tutoring quotes to know about tutoring by the world’s great personalities.
1. “The pupil will eclipse his tutor, I warrant.” — Juvenal
2. “I’m homeschooled with a private tutor.” — Danielle Bregoli
3. “It is easier for a tutor to command than to teach.” — John Locke
4. “And I like a mouse who has taken a cat for its tutor.” — Seth Grahame-Smith
5. “One vice worn out makes us wiser than fifty tutors.” — Edward Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton
6. “Tutors should behave reverently before their pupils.” — Roger L’Estrange
7. “The Holy Ghost must here be our only master and tutor.” — Martin Luther
8. “So tutor youth that the sins of age be not imputed to thee.” — Pythagoras
9. “I volunteer with School on Wheels in Los Angeles, and I also tutor with Koreh L.A.” — Rachelle Lefevre
10. “When thou hast profited so much that thou respectest even thyself, thou mayst let go thy tutor.” — Seneca the Younger
Tutoring Quotes Related to Learning with Tutors
Discover the power of tutoring with these inspiring quotes from various celebrities and authors.
11. “I want good tutors, and with Kurt, I had the best.” — Courtney Love
12. “I was lucky in that the tutor on ‘The Wonder Years’ set spoke fluent French.” — Danica McKellar
13. “You got dumped, skipped class, and met the best econ tutor at the university!” — Tammara Webber
14. “Some years, I went to a private school for a couple of hours, and then I’d always finish up with a tutor.” — Candace Cameron
15. “The first chess book that I read was Dufresne’s self-tutor, published with Lasker’s Common Sense in Chess as an appendix.” — Vasily Smyslov
16. “It was really cool being out on the road and doing school with my tutor over Skype or on the phone, but it can definitely be difficult.” — Jackson Guthy
17. “I took with me a really messy twenty thousand words of something that later became After You’d Gone, my first novel. My tutors were Barbara Trapido and Elspeth Barker.” — Maggie O’Farrell
18. “I would do my schooling, which was three hours with a tutor, and right after that, I would go to the recording studio and record, and I’d record for hours and hours until it’s time to go to sleep.” — Michael Jackson
19. “I don’t want you just to be my tutor. I want you to be the girl I look for in the halls every morning and save a seat in the cafeteria.” — Abbi Glines
20. “And I had worked at the comic-book store almost by accident because I was deciding to make a living as an artist, be it as an art tutor or illustrator, and that’s how I wanted to make my living.” — Brian Michael Bendis
Tutoring Quotes Related to Parents Tutoring
Parents are great tutors and play a great role in their children’s success. The following quotes are related to parents tutoring their children.
21. “My son traveled the world with me on every tour… I had a tutor on the road, keep him at the same level, so when he’d pop back home, he’d go right back in.” — Gloria Estefan
22. “I would like to see every parent either directly – if they are comfortable with the technology – or through a personal tutor, being able to access real-time information about their child.” — Jim Knight
23. “I never really get to go to school because I am always on tour or with my father. There is a tutor most of the time, but usually, I am working, so I never get to do the lessons.” — Willow Smith
24. “Some believe all that parents, tutors, and kindred believe. They take their principles by inheritance, and defend them as they would their estates because they are born heirs to them.” — Alan Watts
25. “The beginnings of my studies also came to me from my father and the Rabbinical Judge of our town. But they were preceded by three tutors under whom I studied, one after the other, from the time I was three and a half till I turned eight and a half.” — Shmuel Yosef Agnon
Tutoring Quotes About Sagacity
Tutoring needs sagacity, and tutors should be wise. These tutoring quotes are about sagacity.
26. “Nature is the first tutor. No one remains untouched or unschooled by the earth, seasons, and heavens.” — Kay Redfield Jamison
27. “Be not too tame neither, but let your own discretion be your tutor; suit the action to the word, the word to the action.” — William Shakespeare
28. “Get growing. Back yourself and make mistakes. It’s your mistakes and observations that are your greatest tutors.” — Costa Georgiadis
29. “No man is born wise, but wisdom and virtue require a tutor; though we can easily learn to be vicious without a master.” — Seneca the Younger
30. “If then we have Angels, let us be sober, as though we were in the presence of tutors; for there is a demon present also.” — Saint John Chrysostom
31. “But as sickness and diseases have created the necessity of medicines and physicians, so the disorders of our rational nature have introduced the necessity of education and tutors.” — John Wesley
Some More Quotes On Tutors & Education
This section features some more quotes on education and tutoring from well-known figures.
32. “If a child is poor in math but good at tennis, most people would hire a math tutor. I would rather hire a tennis coach.” — Deepak Chopra
33. “I had no student friends to talk to about literature. My tutor was a nice man, very charming – but he had no literary judgment.” — V. S. Naipaul
34. “I still can’t understand how Cecil and my old tutor, Fitz, got along so well when we often called Fitz ‘the Genius’ and avoided calling Cecil anything at all, so as not to be rude.” — Franny Billingsley
35. “God, as a loving Father, will sometimes stretch our souls. The soul is like a violin string: it makes music only when it is stretched. . . . God will tutor us by trying us because He loves us, not because of indifference!” — Neal A. Maxwell
36. “I already have a plan.” Celie said, raising her hand as she would with her tutor. “Do you?” Rolf’s eyes gleamed. “What is it?” “I don’t think you’ll like it, Lilah.” Celie apologized straightaway. “It involves manure…a great deal of manure.” Rolf started to laugh again.” — Jessica Day George
37. “René Descartes is one of history’s most important philosophers, but he rarely got out of bed before noon – and when he started getting up early for a new job as a private tutor, it caused him to catch pneumonia and die.” — Gideon Defoe
Wise Tutoring Quotes
Here are a few more quotes about the wisdom of tutors.
38. “The past is necessarily inferior to the future. That is how we wish it to be. How could we acknowledge any merit in our most dangerous enemy: the past, gloomy prevaricator, execrable tutor?” — Filippo Tommaso Marinetti
39. “No matter how efficient school training may be, it would only produce stagnation, orthodoxy, and rigid pedantry if there were no uncommon men pushing forward beyond the wisdom of their tutors.” — Ludwig von Mises
40. “God is no captious sophister, eager to trip us up whenever we say amiss, but a courteous tutor, ready to amend what, in our weakness or our ignorance, we say ill, and to make the most of what we say aright.” — Richard Hooker
41. “Emotions are classes in the Earth school. Some classes are about fear, and some are about love. The Universe is your tutor, and your classroom is your life. The main course in the Earth school, Authentic Power, is the same for everyone, but different students need different courses in order to complete it.” — Gary Zukav
More Tutoring Quotes for Parents
42. “Some persons believe everything that their kindred, their parents, and their tutors believe.” — Isaac Watts
43. “Engaged parents can strengthen communities, mentor and tutor students, and demonstrate through their actions how much they value their children’s education.” — Arne Duncan
44. “Thus it is that our faith and trust in our Heavenly Father, so far as this mortal experience is concerned, consists not simply of faith and gladness that He exists, but is also a faith and trust that, if we are humble, He will tutor us, aiding our acquisition of needed attributes and experiences while we are in mortality.” — Neal A. Maxwell
45. “You belong to the biblical race of Nephilim. Your real father was an angel who fell from heaven. You’re half mortal.” The boy’s dark eyes lifted, meeting Chauncey’s. “Half fallen angel.” Chauncey’s tutor’s voice drifted up from the recesses of his mind, reading passages from the Bible, telling of a deviant race created when angels cast from heaven mated with mortal women. A fearsome and powerful race. A chill that wasn’t entirely revulsion crept through Chauncey. “Who are you?” — Becca Fitzpatrick
46. “As a child, there’s a horror in discovering the limitations of the ones you love. The time you find that your mother cannot keep you safe, that your tutor makes a mistake, that the wrong path must be taken because the grown-ups lack the strength to take the right one…each of those moments is the theft of your childhood, each of them a blow that kills some part of the child you were, leaving another part of the man exposed, a new creature, tougher but tempered with bitterness and disappointment.” — Mark Lawrence
Additional Quotes on Tutoring
Enjoy a few additional quotes on tutoring.
47. “At the age of eleven, I began Euclid with my brother as my tutor. This was one of the great events of my life, as dazzling as first love. I had not imagined there was anything so delicious in the world. From that moment until I was thirty-eight, mathematics was my chief interest and my chief source of happiness.” — Bertrand Russell
48. “A young man before he leaves the shelter of his father’s house, and the guard of a tutor, should be fortified with the resolution, and made acquainted with men, to secure his virtues, lest he should be led into some ruinous course, or fatal precipice before he is sufficiently acquainted with the dangers of conversation, and his steadiness enough not to yield to every temptation.” — John Locke
49. “Five,” she said. Her lips and cheeks were flushed, but her gaze was steady. “Five?” Gabriel echoed blankly. “My rating,” she said and smiled at him. “Your skill and technique may, perhaps, require work, but the native talent is certainly there. What you require is practice.” “And you are willing to be my tutor?” “I should be very insulted if you chose another,” Cecily said and leaned up to kiss him again.” — Cassandra Clare
50. “I was holding the door for several girls in front of you, and I waited for you to catch up. When you reached me, you looked pleased and a little surprised. Unlike the others, you didn’t expect the door to be held for you by some random guy. You smiled up at me and said, ‘Thank you.’ That was the last straw. I prayed you’d never come to a session and not with him. I didn’t want you to know I was the tutor.” — Tammara Webber
Which One of these Tutoring Quotes is your Favorite?
Tutoring is a valuable resource for students struggling with their academic scores.
Tutoring helps such students by offering personalized support and attention.
It can help students to build their confidence, improve their grades, and achieve their goals.
Since tutoring is so important, its associated quotes are also popular.
Students and young people love sharing tutoring quotes with their friends.
In this article, we have offered you the best possible list of tutoring quotes.
If you have found a tutoring quote that inspires you the most, share it with us via the comments section.