Relatable Cheating Quotes to Empower You
July 20, 2022 6:00 AM EST
Cheating is one of the most destructive things that you can do to another person.
For everyone who has dealt with infidelity, we have curated cheating quotes that will empower you during this difficult time.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Have you ever been cheated on?
With cheating, comes overwhelming feelings of disgust, anger, and embarrassment.
Your trust in others may take a nosedive.
As a result, you may wonder if you can ever open your heart again.
We have compiled quotes about cheating from a multitude of sources including authors, actresses, and professors.
Most have gone through the same experiences that you have.
With the inspiration from the below quotes, you may find the courage to start a new and move forward.
If you love this quote collection, read out our most popular quote article about short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Cheating quotes about society
1. “The more people rationalize cheating, the more it becomes a culture of dishonesty. And that can become a vicious, downward cycle. Because suddenly, if everyone else is cheating, you feel a need to cheat, too.” – Stephen Covey
You will also enjoy our article on toxic relationships quotes.
2. “Lying, stealing, and cheating are commonplace.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
You will also enjoy our article on fake friends quotes.
3. “Cheating in school is a form of self-deception. We go to school to learn. We cheat ourselves when we coast on the efforts and scholarship of someone else.” – James E. Faust
You will also enjoy our article on lies quotes.
4. “Even if the most ethical people were elected to high position and we ran out of resources, there would still be lying, cheating, stealing, and corruption. It is not ethical people that are needed but rather a way of intelligently managing the Earth’s resources for everyone’s well-being.” – Jacque Fresco
You will also enjoy our article on deception quotes.
5. “Because cheating is easier when we can justify our behavior, people often cheat in small amounts: We can come up with an excuse for stealing Post-It notes, but it is much more difficult to come up with an excuse for taking $10,000 from petty cash.” – Dan Ariely
You will also enjoy our article on karma quotes.
6. “Often, when cheating happens, we rush to place blame solely on one person – either the person who did the cheating, or more insidiously, if it happened to us, we blame ourselves for not being ‘good enough’ to keep them around. But putting it all on one person doesn’t paint the entire picture.” – Emily V. Gordon
You will also enjoy our article on best relationship quotes.
7. “One of the more challenging things in life is not being the guy who does the cheating, but not saying anything about it and going along with it.” – Dale Murphy
You will also enjoy our article on broken heart quotes.
8. “No matter how small the dishonest deed is, at the end of the day, cheating is cheating.” – Mohammed Amir
You will also enjoy our article on if you are not happy right now.
9. “Cheating during bouts has always existed.” – Ritika Singh
You will also enjoy our article on sad love quotes.
10. “It is helpful to think of people as having two fundamental motivations: the desire to see ourselves as honest, good people, and the desire to gain the benefits that come from cheating – on our taxes or on the football field.” – Dan Ariely
You will also enjoy our article on the undoing quotes.
11. “Those who cheat on their partners who are loyal to them; don’t deserve them. It is a trashy attitude to disrespect a person who is loyal in a relationship, by cheating on him or her.” – Ellen J. Barrier
You will also enjoy our article on fate quotes.
12. “There is no such thing as an affair that doesn’t mean anything.” – Amanda Robson
You will also enjoy our article on leap of faith quotes.
13. “Cheating and lying aren’t struggles, they’re reasons to break up.” – Patti Callahan Henry
You will also enjoy our article on corruption quotes.
14. “Cheating is the most disrespectful thing one human being can do to another. If you aren’t happy in a relationship, end it before starting another one.” – Abhishek Tiwari
You will also enjoy our article on break-up quotes.
Cheating quotes about heartbreak
15. “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.” – Stephen King
16. “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” – J.S.B. Morse
17. “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” – Patti Roberts
18. “Sharp are the arrows of a broken heart.” – Cassandra Clare
19. “I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.” – Steve Maraboli
20. “I’ve been heartbroken. I’ve broken hearts. That’s part of life, and its part of figuring out who you are so you can find the right partner.” – Heidi Klum
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of heart break quotes about moving on from a break up.
21. “Heaven doesn’t ignore cries of a broken heart.” – Toba Beta
22. “The cure for a broken heart is simple, my lady. A hot bath and a good night’s sleep.” – Margaret George
23. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.” – Nicholas Sparks
24. “The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.” – William Faulkner
Also see these helpful toxic relationship quotes that will encourage you to love yourself.
More cheating quotes about heartbreak
25. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” – Leo Buscaglia
26. “There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream – whatever that dream might be.” – Pearl S. Buck
27. “It is a curious sensation: the sort of pain that goes mercifully beyond our powers of feeling. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters anymore. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace.” – George Bernard Shaw
28. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” – Mineko Iwasaki
29. “Love is unconditional. Relationships are not.” – Grant Gudmunson
30. “No matter how hard your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” – Faraaz Kazi
31. “Never underestimate a man’s ability to make you feel guilty for his mistakes.” – Rihanna
32. “Trust, once lost, could not be easily found. Not in a year, perhaps not even in a lifetime.” – J.E.B. Spredemann
33. “Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon
34. “Infidelity is mentally, emotionally, and physically painful to the betrayed spouse. Be gentle with yourself as you heal.” – Dr. Karen Finn
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of infidelity quotes for you to forgive and move on.
Cheating quotes from celebrities
35. “I’ve told Billy if I ever caught him cheating, I wouldn’t kill him because I love his children and they need a dad. But I would beat him up. I know where all of his sports injuries are.” – Angelina Jolie
36. “I can’t deal with someone wanting to take a relationship backward or needing space or cheating on you.” – Taylor Swift
37. “I know all about cheating. I’ve had six very successful marriages.” – Bobby Heenan
38. “Heartbreak is good fuel for country songs. And cheating.” – Miranda Lambert
39. “Maybe the best things about celebrity are the things like being able to get that seat on the plane that you wouldn’t normally get, but that’s kind of like cheating.” – David Duchovny
40. “I feel like everyone has been in a bitter situation, regardless whether it’s cheating or just not being over someone who is over you – you compare yourself to the next.” – Ella Mai
41. “I’ve had friends who say that they would never forgive cheating, but then they fall in love, the guy cheats, and they forgive him. I don’t know what I would do.” – Josephine Langford
42. “Men are more prone to cheating, definitely.” – Blu Cantrell
43. “Cheating is never to do with how attractive you are.” – Marie Helvin
44. “Next to hurting my family, cheating on me is the worst thing someone could do.” – Robert Buckley
45. “Cheating tends to come up a lot in my songs. Betrayal fascinates me. I think the fact that you can trust someone so much and then they go against that has always plagued my writing for some reason.” – Jade Bird
46. “One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you… then you’re gonna hate yourself for letting me go” – Drake
You will also enjoy our article on lying quotes.
Cheating quotes about lying
47. “The truly scary thing about undiscovered lies is that they have a greater capacity to diminish us than exposed ones. They erode our strength, our self-esteem, our very foundation.” – Cheryl Hughes
48. “By a lie, a man… annihilates his dignity as a man.” – Immanuel Kant
49. “No one can lie, no one can hide anything, when he looks directly into someone’s eyes.” – Paulo Coelho
50. “A single lie destroys a whole reputation of integrity.” – Baltasar Gracian
More cheating quotes and sayings
51. “Don’t comfort me with a lie that hurts more than the truth ever could.” – Mandy K
52. “It is better to lock up your heart with a merciless padlock, than to fall in love with someone who doesn’t know what they mean to you.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
53. “People generally didn’t cheat in good relationships.” – Emily Giffin
54. “I just know that I don’t want cheating. I refuse. I deepened myself but I don’t believe in myself because my thought is invented.” – Clarice Lispector
55. “Commitment is Circumstances.” – Leju Thomas
56. “Are you a winner if you cheat?” – Frank Sonnenberg
57. “Cheating only thrills those who cannot see the beauty in faithfulness.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
58. “Cheating, disloyalty, unfaithfulness—they start out as little things justified by clever reasonings of the brain, but never do they fully convince the knowing heart.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
59. “If you are going to trust a loved one, first learn to tolerate pain, because finally, your trust will bring you there.” – Mohammed Zaki Ansari
60. “Never cheat on someone that is good to you ,Karma is a bitch.” – Surgeo Bell
Thought-provoking cheating quotes
61. “When people cheat in any arena, they diminish themselves-they threaten their own self-esteem and their relationships with others by undermining the trust they have in their ability to succeed and in their ability to be true.” ― Cheryl Hughes
62. “You didn’t just cheat on me; you cheated on us. You didn’t just break my heart; you broke our future.” ― Steve Maraboli
63. “When a man cheats, it is said it is because he is a dog. When a woman cheats, it is said it is because her man is a dog.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
64. “Cheaters don’t think cheating is wrong until they get cheated on.” — Sonya Parker
65. “‘It was a mistake,’ you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.” — David Levithan
66. “One lie has the power to tarnish a thousand truths.” — Al David
67. “If you marry a man who cheats on his wife, you’ll be married to a man who cheats on his wife.” — Ann Landers
68. “I’m proud of my heart. It’s been played, stabbed, cheated, burned and broken, but somehow it still works.” — Alcatraz Dey
69. “Once someone cheats in the relationship, there’s no reason to stay. If they truly loved you they would’ve never cheated.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
70. “It might sound ordinary for a woman to find out her husband’s cheating on her, but not if you’re the woman and it’s your husband.” — Melissa Bank
More cheating quotes to ponder on
71. “No woman could love a cheater and not pay the price for it.” — Rose Wynters
72. “People cheat when they are afraid. When there is no cost to being wrong or confessing ignorance, there is no reason to cheat or fake comprehension.” — Leah Hager Cohen
73. “Seriously, if the bastards cheat on you, then they don’t deserve you anyway. If that’s a legit fear, then you probably shouldn’t be with them to begin with.” — Kody Keplinger
74. “Cheats prosper until there are enough who bear grudges against them to make sure they do not prosper.” — Peter Singer
75. “Not that you lied to me but that I no longer believe you has shaken me.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
76. “Once a cheater, always a repeater.” — Melissa Edwards
77. “Cheating is a choice. Period.” — Charles J. Orlando
78. “Don’t cheat if you don’t want to be cheated. A relationship is mutual. This is the golden rule for all great connections.” — Israelmore Ayivor
79. “There is no justification for having an affair.” — Shanola Hampton
80. “If you can’t be committed to another person, at least be committed to the concept of character and don’t cheat.” — Jerry Springer
Cheating Quotes To Help You Counsel Cheaters
81. “A cheating partner is a person who is either in bondage or isn’t loved the proper way.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
82. “The thought of “cheating” to win will never even cross a true competitive player’s mind. For the true win, the competitive player will accept defeat. The cheater already accepted defeat for the false win.” ― ijie
83. “More people should raise their voices against emotional infidelity, as much as they do about other forms of cheating.” ― Sarvesh Jain
84. “You cannot cheat others without first cheating yourself.” ― Dada J. P. Vaswani
85. “You know that when your partner deletes their messages to a past lover after being accused of cheating, then it is likely that they were being unfaithful in some way.” ― Steven Magee
86. “If you think that your partner has been cheating, then take a look at their will. If a past lover is in there, then it is probable that some form of infidelity has occurred.” ― Steven Magee
87. “I convinced myself that, as a principle, cheating was off-limits, but it scared the shit out of me that it could be where I was heading.” ― Lebo Grand
88. “Cheating in a relationship is a sign of self-regulation failure. When it happens, it is a mistake. When it happens twice, it is unfortunate. But when it happens thrice or more, it is a pattern indicating primitive, uncivilized inhuman behavior.” ― Abhijit Naskar
89. “Cheating is very easy, try something more challenging like being faithful to yourself, dreams, and partner. After all, it is how responsible we are of ourselves, dreams, and partners that we get to mature and grow wiser and responsible.” ― Kabelo Mabona
90. “Cheating is an innate evolutionarily programmed desire, especially in men, but it is not a desire that cannot be controlled.” ― Abhijit Naskar
How has cheating affected your life?
After an affair, the most important thing to remember is it is not your fault.
The reasons behind your partner’s infidelity often surround their own insecurities that they are too cowardly to face head-on.
If you know someone who has recently been cheating on, send them a relatable quote from above.
Getting wise words from a valuable source may provide them with the strength they need to lift themselves up and take strides towards a new beginning.
Have advice for anyone who has dealt with cheating?
Is there an insightful cheating quote that we have forgotten from our list?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.