Out latest collection of Jack Canfield quotes on Everyday Power
Want to ‘maximize your potential?’
Then these Jack Canfield quotes are tailor made for you!
In case you didn’t know, Jack Canfield is an American author and motivational speaker.
Canfield has authored (and co-authored) many books about success, including The Success Principles: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be.
He is also the co-author of the beloved Chicken Soup for the Soul series.
There are over 250 Chicken Soup for the Soul titles and 500 million copies in print in over 40 languages.
The books feature inspirational and powerful stories about ordinary people in a variety of situations.
Canfield focuses on themes like success, self-esteem, and leadership.
He is no stranger to success as he holds a Guinness World Record for having seven books on the New York Times best-seller list at the same time!
Keep reading through these Jack Canfield quotes to learn more about the motivational author!
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Jack Canfield Quotes That Will Feed Your Soul
1. “Trust your gut feeling about things, listen to what others are saying, and look at the results of your actions. Once you know the truth, you can set about taking action to improve. Everyone will be better for it.” – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: This is great advice you can apply to every aspect of your life. Intuition is a good thing (it doesn’t always get it right, but it’s valuable). You can weigh other people’s thoughts and opinions with your knowledge and intuition, and then make a plan. It is not enough to just learn the truth, but you have to have actions too, if you want to see a change.
2. “Greater self-esteem produces greater success, and greater success produces more high self-esteem, so it keeps on spiraling up.” – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: The more confident you are, the more capable you will be. Believing you can do something is half the problem. It is easy to see how one can feed of the other and help create a spiral of success and self-esteem.
3. “The longer you hang in there, the greater the chance that something will happen in your favor. No matter how hard it seems, the longer you persist, the more likely your success.” – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Perseverance is one of the most overlooked traits. How many people quit or give up on something right before they would have reached their goals? Jack reminds us that it is numbers game. Hang in there, make adjustments, and just keep going!
4. “Overcome your barriers, intend the best, and be patient. You will enjoy more balance, more growth, more income, and more fun!” – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: The only limits that exist are the ones we place on ourselves. If you overcome your barriers and believe that you are capable and will succeed then you will. It may take more time than you think, and you may have more failures than you want. However, these will all teach you what you need to know!
5. “Remember, you and you alone are responsible for maintaining your energy. Give up blaming, complaining and excuse making, and keep taking action in the direction of your goals – however mundane or lofty they may be.” – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: This is one of the simplest truths about life. We are responsible for our energy, our actions, and our reactions. Each of the things Canfield mentions are energy drainers, and we choose to participate in them or not. Ask yourself why you can’t leave those behaviors behind, and start making changes! Claim your energy back!
6. “Let’s remember that our children’s spirits are more important than any material things. When we do, self-esteem and love blossoms and grows more beautifully than any bed of flowers ever could.” – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Children are resilient but they are also incredibly fragile. It is our job to protect their spirit as much as possible, while also ensuring that they are learning on their journey to adulthood. Let’s focus on building children up, instead of tearing them down!
7. “I don’t blame or complain about things like the economy, the government, taxes, employees, gas prices, or any of the external things that I don’t have control over. The only thing I have control over is my response to these things.” – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Life is much more peaceful when you understand that you choose your reactions to things. If you don’t like something that is outside of your control, ask what you can do to create change, instead of complaining. If it isn’t something you actually want to do the work to change, then accept it for how it is.
8. “I believe that people make their own luck by great preparation and good strategy.” – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: What is luck and do you need it? The answer really depends on how you view the locus of control. Is your success due to your hard work, effort, and sacrifice? Or, do you think it is because of some outside force?
9. “Self-esteem is made up primarily of two things: feeling lovable and feeling capable.” – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Self-esteem plays a significant role in how our lives progress. It affects our relationships, ability to communicate, and achieve our goals. You are loveable and more capable than you think, so don’t forget it!
10. “It’s not an accident that musicians become musicians and engineers become engineers: it’s what they’re born to do. If you can tune into your purpose and really align with it, setting goals so that your vision is an expression of that purpose, then life flows much more easily.” – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Live life in accordance with your authentic self. What matters to you? Who do you want to be? Don’t shoehorn yourself into living a version of life that doesn’t speak to your soul. Be who you were meant to be!
11. “Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them.” – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: It is so easy to get distracted in today’s world. However, focus is the key to staying positive and dedicated to your goals. It is much easier to stay focused when you pay attention to the positive things in life. This doesn’t mean bad things won’t happen and that you shouldn’t process them. Don’t lose sight of all the good though.
More Jack Canfield Quotes
12. Write your goals down in detail and read your list of goals every day. Some goals may entail a list of shorter goals. Losing a lot of weight, for example, should include mini-goals, such as 10-pound milestones. This will keep your subconscious mind focused on what you want step by step. – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Mini goals are a great way to keep you focused and taking action. Another good strategy for goal setting is to make sure they are SMART. This means goals should be specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound!
13. If I hadn’t spent many years trying to be as compassionate as Mother Teresa, as positive a thinker as W. Clement Stone, as prolific a writer as Stephen King, and as good a speaker as many of the legends I have studied, I would not be as successful as I am today. – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Find a mentor. Read about the people who achieved what you are trying to do. Learn from the masters. Success requires a lot of work, both on your actual goal and on improving yourself.
14. I have written a new book called ‘The Golden Motorcycle Gang.’ The premise of the book is taken from actual events in my life. My life has been dedicated to inspiring and motivating others to live their highest vision of their ideal life and offering transformational trainings that help people succeed in all aspects of their lives. – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: All of us have a story to tell. What are you dedicating your life to? Can your story help someone else? Whatever you want your life to look like is within your power to achieve.
15. By taking the time to stop and appreciate who you are and what you’ve achieved – and perhaps learned through a few mistakes, stumbles and losses – you actually can enhance everything about you. Self-acknowledgment and appreciation are what give you the insights and awareness to move forward toward higher goals and accomplishments. – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Failures are a necessary part of self-awareness because it teaches us what are strengths and weaknesses are. Canfield mentions enhancing ourselves, and a great way to do that is to compile a personal SWOT analysis. This will help you define your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
16. When you really need help, people will respond. Sincerity means dropping the image façade and showing a willingness to be vulnerable. Tell it the way it is, lumps and all. Don’t worry if your presentation isn’t perfect; ask from your heart. Keep it simple, and people will open up to you. – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: There are many benefits to being vulnerable and real. People seeing your sincerity and offering to help is one of them. We all wear masks in our lives and try to keep up our images. However, at the end of the day it is much better to just be the real you.
17. I generally find that comparison is the fast track to unhappiness. No one ever compares themselves to someone else and comes out even. Nine times out of ten, we compare ourselves to people who are somehow better than us and end up feeling more inadequate. – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Comparing yourself to others (especially on social media) is a quick way to erode your joy. Remember on social media people are usually only talking about the highlights of their lives. They are not always showing you the daily nitty gritty or the things that are going on behind perfect snapshots. If you want to compare yourself to anyone, then compare yourself to the you that you were six months ago!
More Jack Canfield Quotes
18. Build your self-esteem by recalling all the ways you have succeeded, and your brain will be filled with images of you making your achievements happen again and again. Give yourself permission to toot your own horn, and don’t wait for anyone to praise you. – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Your brain believes what you tell it. So, if you are constantly recalling all the moments you overcame things you weren’t sure you could, then you will remind your brain that you are, indeed, a badass. You do not need validation from others, you just need to know that you can succeed.
19. I have lived by one crucial principle since I was 24 years old. I don’t blame or complain about things like the economy, the government, taxes, employees, gas prices, or any of the external things that I don’t have control over. The only thing I have control over is my response to these things. – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Blaming and complaining will not move your life forward. Individually, we can not control the government and taxes. The only thing we can remotely do about that is to vote. Gas prices and other external things that are not within our control should not take up space in our brain. The only thing you can control is how you react.
20. People who ask confidently get more than those who are hesitant and uncertain. When you’ve figured out what you want to ask for, do it with certainty, boldness and confidence. Don’t be shy or feel intimidated by the experience. You may face some unexpected criticism, but be prepared for it with confidence. – Jack Canfield
Everyday Application: Self-confidence can be felt by people around you. If you are asking someone else for something, then doing so with confidence will be more likely to earn you a yes. Self-confidence also helps you form healthy relationships and makes it less likely that you will enter into unhealthy ones. It also helps keep your expectations realistic.
21. One individual can begin a movement that turns the tide of history. Martin Luther King in the civil rights movement, Mohandas Gandhi in India, Nelson Mandela in South Africa are examples of people standing up with courage and non-violence to bring about needed changes. – Jack Canfield
More Jack Canfield Quotes
22. Switching from one career to another can be scary, but it also can be a thrilling experience. Look at it as an opportunity to really go after what you want to accomplish in life and make a difference in the world. The key is to take small, conscious steps and prepare yourself for a successful transition. – Jack Canfield
23. One of life’s fundamental truths states, ‘Ask and you shall receive.’ As kids we get used to asking for things, but somehow we lose this ability in adulthood. We come up with all sorts of excuses and reasons to avoid any possibility of criticism or rejection. – Jack Canfield
24. Know your priorities and identify the five powerful action steps that you intend to take to move your initiatives forward each day. If you go to a tree with an ax and take five whacks at the tree every day, it doesn’t matter if it’s an oak or a redwood; eventually, the tree has to fall down. – Jack Canfield
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of motivational quotes for employees about the power of a great team.
What other Jack Canfield quotes would you add to the list?
These Jack Canfield cover quite a bit of ground and topics.
It really isn’t surprising as Jack Canfield is a man of many talents.
Did you know his bachelor’s degree (from Harvard) is in Chinese History?
Yet, he has made a living speaking about self-help, personal development, and motivational tools.
This just goes to prove that you really can do anything you put your mind to!
You will need to put in the work and learn the skills, but anything is possible.
Which of these Jack Canfield quotes inspired you the most?
Share your favorites in the comment section below.
June 29, 2022 5:00 AM EST