Sometimes we need a few reminders to show us how tough we really are, and these badass quotes will be the ones to do it for you, rockstar.
You’re tougher than you think. You probably underestimate your resilience, but you have way more grit than you give yourself credit for.
Although life will always throw something unexpected your way, you have the passion and perseverance to achieve what you want to achieve. You’re capable of exceeding yourself despite your fears and uncertainties.
Whether you’re a boss babe or you don’t take any crap from anyone, these badass quotes will inspire you to keep your head held high and keep kicking butt. When things get tough, they will inspire you to find the strength and courage to stretch yourself beyond your capacities and help you breach those difficult gaps.
Rather than shying away from challenges, you must develop a consistent and courageous approach of taking action despite the risk of failing or making mistakes. You have way more potential than you imagine.
To give you a push on your journey, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and badass quotes, badass sayings, and badass proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Also, check out these motivational savage quotes that will inspire you to go beyond the normal.
Badass quotes to jolt your motivation levels
1. “You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching, Love like you’ll never be hurt, Sing like there’s nobody listening. And live like it’s heaven on earth.” – William W. Purkey
2. “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
3. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they are not big enough.” – Ellen Johnson Sirleaf
4. “If You Are Working On Something That You Really Care About, You Don’t Have To Be Pushed. The Vision Pulls You.” – Steve Jobs
5. “You have the freedom to be yourself, your true self, here and now, and nothing can stand in your way.” – Richard Bach
6. “Failure Will Never Overtake Me If My Determination To Succeed Is Strong Enough.” – Og Mandino
7. “THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” – Hunter S. Thompson
8. “You Are Never Too Old To Set Another Goal Or To Dream A New Dream.” – C.S. Lewis
9. “Don’t be perfect. Be you. Don’t be what you think they want you to be. Be what you know you are. Don’t look outside yourself for anything. It’s all within.” – Jackson Kiddard
10. “I will breathe. I will think of solutions. I will not let my worry control me. I will not let my stress level break me. I will simply breathe and it will be okay because I don’t quit.”- Shayne Mcclendon
Also check out these Chesty Puller quotes from a beloved badass.
Badass quotes that will help you accomplish much more than you think possible
11. “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
12. “Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
13. “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” – William Gibson
14. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
15. “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” – Winston S. Churchill
16. “Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?” – Bob Marley
17. “For Every Reason, It’s Not Possible, There Are Hundreds Of People Who Have Faced The Same Circumstances And Succeeded.” – Jack Canfield
18. “Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
19. “One Of The Lessons That I Grew Up With Was To Always Stay True To Yourself And Never Let What Somebody Else Says Distract You From Your Goals.” – Michelle Obama
20. “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a shit about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” – Johnny Depp
Badass quotes celebrating your mental toughness
21. “Just when you think it can’t get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can’t get any better, it can.” – Nicholas Sparks
22. “You Learn More From Failure Than From Success. Don’t Let It Stop You. Failure Builds Character.” – Unknown
23. “What You Lack In Talent Can Be Made Up With Desire, Hustle And Giving 110% All The Time.” – Don Zimmer
24. “Consult not your fears but your hopes and your dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do.” – Pope John XXIII
25. “If you wanna fly you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison
26. “Happiness cannot be travel to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.”- Denis Waitley
27. “I think everybody’s weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.” – Johnny Depp
28. “Only those who are willing to risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” – T.S Elliot
29. “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.” – Lao Tzu
30. “Whether You Think You Can Or Think You Can’t, You’re Right.” – Henry Ford
Don’t forget to also read these bad bitch quotes that will inspire confidence in you.
Badass quotes that will motivate you to push your limits
31. “The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it – basically because you feel good, very good, when you are near or with them.” – Charles Bukowski
32. “Sometimes we strive so hard for perfection that we forget that imperfection is happiness.” – Karen Nave
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of imperfection quotes about embracing your flaws.
33. “Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.” – Og Mandino
34. “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” – Bruce Lee
35. “Mistakes are the portals of discovery.” – James Joyce
36. “You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.” – Woodrow Wilson
37. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
38. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
39. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
40. “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Til your good is better and your better is best.” – St. Jerome
Badass quotes to help you fight for your life and your happiness
41. “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” – George Herbert
42. “To achieve greatness one should live as if they will never die.” —Francois de La Rochefoucauld
43. “People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things.” —Edmund Hillary
44. “Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” —Gordon B. Hinckley
45. “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
46. “A Clear Vision, Backed By Definite Plans, Gives You A Tremendous Feeling Of Confidence And Personal Power.” – Brian Tracy
47. “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” – Frank Zappa
48. “The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle.” – Steve Jobs
49. “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” – Wayne Dyer
50. “Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safe, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” – Sir Cecil Beaton
Which of these badass quotes was your favorite?
Life will always have something unexpected to throw your way. But for you to fulfill your deepest, most meaningful purposes, you need to learn how to push past whatever obstacles come in your way.
Sometimes it can feel as though the universe isn’t on your side. However, you’re capable of overcoming the seemingly paralyzing fears and accomplishing much more than you think possible. We hope these badass quotes have inspired you to take action despite your fears and uncertainties.
Which of the quotes above was your favorite? Do you have any other badass quotes to add to the list? Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.
May 5, 2019 7:00 AM EST