Jim Henson was an inspirational artist who knew the power of being in touch with your inner child.
We hope you enjoy these Jim Henson quotes.
We all want to make a difference in this world, but there are few who make a global impact the way that Jim Henson did.
Henson was an artist, a creator, and a teacher who knew how to get an important message across to both children and adults in an entertaining way.
Best known for creating endearing entertainment like The Muppets, Fraggle Rock, and Labyrinth, Henson and his creations have been inspiring people for generations.
Don’t forget to also check out these Mitch Hedberg quotes to make you laugh.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Inspiring Jim Henson quotes
1. “Take what you got and fly with it.” — Jim Henson
You will also enjoy our article on Magic Quotes.
2. “The beauty of nature has been one of the great inspirations in my life.” — Jim Henson
You will also enjoy our article on Statler and Waldorf quotes.
3. “The only way the magic works is by hard work. But hard work can be fun.” — Jim Henson
You will also enjoy our article on coffee quotes.
4. “Do everything at 100 percent of its potential and never accept second best.” — Jim Henson
You will also enjoy our article on Kingdom Hearts quotes.
5. “If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn’t anything you can’t do if you want to.” — Jim Henson
6. “I believe that we form our own lives, that we create our own reality, and that everything works out for the best.” — Jim Henson
7. “I think there are lots of ways of leading very good lives and growing spiritually. This process of growth goes on whether we believe it or not.” — Jim Henson
8. “Who said that every wish would be heard and answered when wished on an evening star? Somebody thought of it and someone believed it, and look what its done so far.” — Jim Henson
9. “Music is an essential part of everything we do. Like puppetry, music has an abstract quality which speaks to a worldwide audience in a wonderful way that nourishes the soul.” — Jim Henson
Jim Henson quotes about life and happiness
10. “Simple is good.” — Jim Henson
11. “Life is meant to be fun, and joyous, and fulfilling.” — Jim Henson
12. “There’s not a word yet, for old friends who’ve just met.” — Jim Henson
13. “Life is a kind of Labyrinth, with all its twists and turns, its straight paths and its occasional dead ends.” — Jim Henson
14. “When you trick people into laughing at themselves, that’s wit. If you don’t laugh at yourself, everything becomes heavy.” — Jim Henson
15. “The most sophisticated people I’ve ever known had just one thing in common: they were all in touch with their inner children.” — Jim Henson
16. “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.” — Jim Henson
17. “Follow your enthusiasm. It’s something I’ve always believed in. Find those parts of your life you enjoy the most. Do what you enjoy doing.” — Jim Henson
18. “I spend a few minutes in meditation and prayer each morning. I find that this really helps me to start the day with a good frame of reference.” — Jim Henson
19. “There’s great value in being able to step back and laugh at yourself, at life, and at attitudes. Laughter helps you put everything into perspective.” — Jim Henson
20. “Life’s like a movie. Write your own ending. Keep believing. Keep pretending. We’ve done just what we set out to do. Thanks to the lovers, the dreamers and you.” — Jim Henson
21. “I think it’s not particularly necessary to lead a religious life. People progress just as well in music, or art, or math or science or gardening, or whatever. It all seems to work as well and the process is good.” — Jim Henson
22. “As part of my prayers, I thank whoever is helping me – I’m sure that somebody or something is – I express gratitude for all my blessings and try to forgive the people that I’m feeling negative toward.” — Jim Henson
23. “Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger. Forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart.” — Jim Henson
24. “I really do believe that all of you are at the beginning of a wonderful journey. As you start traveling down that road of life, remember this: There are never enough comfort stops. The places you’re going to are never on the map. And once you get that map out, you won’t be able to re-fold it no matter how smart you are. So forget the map, roll down the windows, and whenever you can pull over and have picnic with a pig. And if you can help it never fly as cargo.” — Jim Henson
Wise Jim Henson quotes
25. “I try hard not to judge anyone, and I try to bless everyone who is part of my life, particularly anyone with whom I am having any problems.” — Jim Henson
How are you making a positive impact in this world?
Jim Henson was a man who wanted to make a difference, and he did that through entertainment.
Henson was a gentle bearded man and an eternal optimist.
He loved people and he saw the world as inherently good.
His mission was to help the rest of the world believe that, too.
This is the message that Henson shared through the voices of Kermit The Frog and his muppet friends.
Henson used his influence on the television screen to help shape the attitudes of children and their parents in a positive way.
And, though he died young, at the age of 53, his legacy has lived on for generations, continuing to make a positive impact in the world.
Did you enjoy these Jim Henson quotes and sayings?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below.