If you are striving for success, hard work has to be an essential part of your strategy. The hard work quotes below will help you stay focused.
Who’s the hardest worker you know?
The importance of hard work has probably been reiterated to you throughout your life, whether it was from parents, bosses, or teachers. Although, when you are faced with life’s difficulties, it can be hard to stay consistent.
Below are tidbits of knowledge from successful people who have learned the importance of hard work by putting it into practice. These insightful quotes are from famous athletes, actors, entrepreneurs, and more.
Check out the quotes below and get motivated; it’s time to put in work!
Motivational hard work quotes
1. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
2. “Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as punishment. And that’s the difference.” – Lou Holtz
3. “The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work.” – Thomas A. Edison
4. “If four things are followed – having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance – then anything can be achieved.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
5. “You can’t get there by bus, only by hard work and risk and by not quite knowing what you’re doing. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover will be yourself.” – Alan Alda
6. “Hard work opens doors and shows the world that you are serious about being one of those rare – and special – human beings who use the fullness of their talents to do their very best.” – Robin S. Sharma
7. “Work harder than you think you did yesterday.” – Alex Elle
8. “When you live for a strong purpose, then hard work isn’t an option. It’s a necessity.” – Steve Pavlina
9. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” – Newt Gingrich
10. “Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.” – Unknown
Hard work quotes for business
11. “Overcoming fear is the first step to success for entrepreneurs. The winners all exemplify that, and the hard work and commitment they have shown underlines what is needed to set up a business.” – Richard Branson
12. “If you love your work, you’ll be out there every day trying to do it the best you possibly can, and pretty soon everybody around will catch the passion from you – like a fever. ” – Sam Walton
13. “Great companies are built in the office, with hard work put in by a team.” – Emily Chang
14. “Without hard work and discipline it is difficult to be a top professional.” – Jahangir Khan
15. “Have the end in mind and every day make sure you’re working towards it.” – Ryan Allis
16. “You are not your resume, you are your work.” – Seth Godin
17. “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
18. “There’s no lotion or potion that will make sales faster and easier for you – unless your potion is hard work.” – Jeffrey Gitomer
Hard work quotes from celebrities
19. “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.” – Beyonce Knowles
20. “It’s definitely a dream come true to be recognized and to be able to sign autographs. But, it’s also a lot of hard work and can be draining. If you don’t know already, you will quickly learn who your real friends are.” – Christina Aguilera
21. “I always feel like it’s two key ingredients when it comes to following your dreams, making something happen that the average person deems difficult. If you truly believe it, that’s step one. Step two, is, you know, the hard work that goes along with it.” – J. Cole
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of J. Cole quotes and lyrics on life & love.
22. “I have achieved everything through either hard work or luck.” – Sandra Bullock
23. “Touring is a tough plane to get off the ground, and it takes a lot of hard work and a lot of investments.” – G-Eazy
24. “Comedy is not funny. Comedy is hard work and timing and lots and lots of rehearsals.” – Larry Hagman
25. “I believe in hard work. I think that everything flows out of that.” – Aisha Tyler
26. “The one thing I’ve learned in the last ten years is that successful artists don’t get paid to write and sing songs, they get paid for the psychological roller coaster they’re going to have to ride. That’s the hard work.” – Enrique Iglesias
27. “People from all walks of life and all over the world look at me and know my humble beginnings and know that everything I’ve done has been through hard work. People respect me as a marketer and brand builder.” – Sean Combs
28. “I believe destiny and hard work go hand in hand. I was studying to be an engineer when my mom and my brother sent my pictures for the Miss India contest. I didn’t even know about it. If that isn’t destiny, what is?” – Priyanka Chopra
29. “It feels like my hard work has paid off, but at the same time, I still have the impostor, you know, syndrome. I still feel like I’m going to wake up, and everybody’s going to see me for the hack I am.” – Viola Davis
30. “How long you can continue to be good at something is how much you believe in yourself and how much hard work you do with the training.” – Jason Statham
31. “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” – Oprah Winfrey
32. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is hard work.” – Stephen King
33. “Everyone’s like, ‘overnight sensation.’ It’s not overnight. It’s years of hard work.” – Margot Robbie
Also, read these inspirational soccer quotes that will motivate you to work hard for your dreams.
Hard work quotes for sports
34. “Skill is only developed by hours and hours of work.” – Usain Bolt
35. “Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential.” – Liane Cardes
36. “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you.” – Derek Jeter
37. “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable
38. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” — Jerry Rice
39. “Irrespective of whether you have the talent or not, one has to work hard. Just being talented doesn’t mean anything; you can end up wasting it before you realize.” — Virat Kohli
40. “I am no genius; I just worked hard like my other teammates, and I believe all my teammates can win the title as they work hard, too.” — Lin Dan
41. “A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.” — Larry Bird
42. “Nothing good comes in life or athletics unless a lot of hard work has preceded the effort. Only temporary success is achieved by taking short cuts.” – Roger Staubach
43. “You need three things to win: discipline, hard work and, before everything maybe, commitment. No one will make it without those three. Sport teaches you that.” – Haile Gebrselassie
Hard work quotes about success
44. “What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.” – Margaret Thatcher
45. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
46. “The moment we believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability as opposed to resilience and hard work, we will be brittle in the face of adversity.” – Joshua Waitzkin
47. “Most of the time you will fail, but you will also occasionally succeed. Those occasional successes make all the hard work and sacrifice worthwhile.” – Dean Kamen
48. “To succeed, work hard, never give up and above all, cherish a magnificent obsession.” – Walt Disney
49. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
50. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
You might also like these hustle quotes to motivate and inspire you.
What’s more important: talent or hard work?
No matter what field you are in, there is a constant discussion on whether talent or hard work is more important. I believe that natural talent can only take you so far. If you work hard enough, talent can even be developed from scratch.
Hard work will also establish the resilience you need to market your talent to other people. You will then find more opportunities than someone who just has raw talent. Working hard puts you on the path towards success.
Which of these hard work quotes and sayings is your favorite? Tell us what you think in the comments section below!