If you’ve ever been inspired by a teacher who helped you become a better person, you will love our Kermit the Frog quotes.
Kermit the Frog is a legendary educator, entertainer, muppet, and cultural icon.
You might also like these related articles:
Check out our Kermit the Frog quotes below to learn more.
Who is Kermit the Frog?
Kermit the Frog is a Muppet character created by Jim Henson.
He debuted in 1955 and has been among the leading Muppets for decades.
Kermit served as the face or mascot of The Jim Henson Company until 2004.
Check out these Kermit facts below:
- Kermit is left-handed.
- The original Kermit was made out of a coat and ping-pong balls.
- Kermit was not always a frog; he started as an indeterminate species.
Was Kermit always the star of The Muppet Show?
In the beginning, Kermit was a background character.
He first appeared on a locally broadcast television show called Sam and Friends.
But he was a secondary character during the show’s first two pilot episodes.
He was initially made from an old coat belonging to Jim Henson’s mother.
You could not determine Kermit’s species for the first ten years of his career.
One story suggests that late-night show host Johnny Carson first identified Kermit as a frog on television.
Fans quickly warmed up to Kermit, and he became the lead character over potential leads Nigel or Wally.
Today, Kermit’s look and voice have grown to become some of the most recognizable in the whole world.
How big is Kermit’s family?
We have seen Kermit’s nephew Robin, but we have not seen all of his family on screen.
Kermit has mentioned several times that he has multiple siblings.
The number of siblings varies depending on who you ask, but most agree that the number is at least two thousand.
He is a frog, after all.
Then there is Kermit’s romantic life.
In the final scene of The Muppets Take Manhattan, Kermit and Miss Piggy are getting married.
Since then, Piggy has confirmed their nuptials, but Kermit says it was just a scene in a movie.
Hopefully, one day we get confirmation.
For more Muppet fun, check out our Kermit quotes below.
Short Kermit the Frog quotes about being green and writing your own story
Kermit was green before it was cool to go green.
Check out some of his quotes about writing your own story.
1. “It’s not easy bein’ green” — Kermit the Frog, It’s Not Easy Being Green
2. “Life’s like a movie. Write your own ending.” — Kermit the Frog, The Muppet Movie
3. “Because I’m not giving up! I’m still here, and I’m stayin’!” — Kermit the Frog, The Muppets Take Manhattan
4. “When green is all there is to be/ It could make you wonder why” — Kermit the Frog, It’s Not Easy Being Green
5. “I am green, and it’ll do fine/It’s beautiful, and I think it’s what I want to be” — Kermit the Frog, It’s Not Easy Being Green
Kermit the Frog quotes and sayings about creativity
Kermit is a creative genius who has taught generations of people.
6. “I believe creativity is an inherent part of everyone.” — Kermit the Frog
7. “Changes happen as time passes by. Soon enough, you’ll be grown.” — Kermit the Frog
8. “I guess I was wrong when I said I never promised anyone. I promised me.” — Kermit the Frog
9. “There are as many ways to be creative as there are Muppets.” — Kermit the Frog
10. “Just because you haven’t found your talent yet, doesn’t mean you don’t have one.” — Kermit the Frog
The top Kermit the Frog quotes about chasing your dreams and loving yourself
Kermit took a gamble on himself and left the swamp to pursue his destiny.
He gave us the blueprint for pushing our dreams to the limit.
11. “If you hadn’t left the swamp, you’d be feeling pretty miserable anyhow.” — Kermit the Frog, The Muppet Movie
12. “Someday we’ll find it/ The rainbow connection/ The Lovers, the Dreamers, and me” — Kermit the Frog, The Rainbow Connection
13. “Take a look above you, discover the view; if you haven’t noticed, please do. Please do.” — Kermit the Frog, Sesame Street
14. “Movin’ right along, footloose and fancy-free. Getting there is half the fun. Come share it with me.” — Kermit the Frog, The Muppet Movie
15. “He’s one of us. And no matter what happens, no matter what obstacles we face, we never forget one of our own.” — Kermit the Frog, Muppets From Space
The best Kermit the Frog quotes about life and tweeting
Kermit may be an old frog, but he is hip to all things in modern life.
16. “This Twitter (sic) takes a lot out of you. It’s hard, makes being green look easy!” — Kermit the Frog
17. “Somebody thought of that/ And someone believed it/ Look what it’s done so far” — Kermit the Frog, The Rainbow Connection
18. “And though you feel much more/ Than you’d dare to show/ The first time it happens/ You know.” — Kermit the Frog, The First Time it Happens
19. “Here’s some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously. And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament.” — Kermit the Frog
20. “Yeah, well, I’ve got a dream too, but it’s about singing and dancing and making people happy. That’s the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with.” — Kermit the Frog
Famous Kermit the Frog quotes on putting the pieces together
Life is a puzzle, and Kermit reminds us it’s a beautiful picture when it all comes together.
21. “Creativity is like a puzzle, and people contribute different pieces to create a bigger picture” — Kermit the Frog
22. “I think the very best part of creativity is collaborating with friends and colleagues.” — Kermit the Frog
23. “There’s one other thing that I think every frog or person needs to be creative: and that is friends.” — Kermit the Frog
24. “Forget the map, roll down the windows, and whenever you can, pull over and have a picnic with a pig.” — Kermit the Frog
25. “You are all sitting here listening to me, a talking amphibian. That alone is a radical act of creativity. It’s what I call a conspiracy of craziness.” — Kermit the Frog
How has Kermit impacted the world?
Kermit has been a vocal diversity advocate for over sixty years.
He once said, “I think the very best part of creativity is collaborating with friends and colleagues.”
Kermit the Frog has also been a cultural icon for children’s education.
He has never been afraid to break boundaries.
After encouraging diversity among peers, he joked, “Admittedly, mine happen to be bears, pigs, rats, chickens, and penguins, but you go with whatever works for you.”
Kermit encouraged education; he talked the talk and walked the walk.
He is not the type of Frog to ask anyone to do anything he has not done.
Perhaps you did not know, but Kermit received an honorary doctorate from Southampton University for all of his achievements in the field of education.
Kermit even gave the commencement speech at the 1996 graduation ceremony at Southampton.
What is your favorite Kermit the Frog quote?
Please, be sure to let us know in the comments below.