Graduation Quotes On Success, Dreams and Your Future
These graduation quotes will excite you and make you feel a sense of accomplishment.
February 27, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Graduation is an important rite of passage for so many people, and these famous graduation quotes will help you find the courage to follow your heart and intuition going forward.
Let us know your favorite graduation quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Researchers at Stanford University found that having a sense of purpose and meaning in life can positively affect well-being, including increased resilience, improved physical health, and reduced stress.
This suggests that graduation quotes encouraging individuals to pursue their dreams and find meaning in their lives may be particularly valuable for graduates.
What are the benefits of reading these graduation quotes?
There are many things to do regarding graduation, and these quotes will help you prepare.
You can use them to:
- Come up with a senior quote for the yearbook
- Include them in your graduation announcements
- Use them for a graduation speech
They will motivate you and your classmates to pursue their dreams after graduation.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Graduation Quotes about the next chapter in your life
A study from the University of California, Berkeley found that experiencing positive emotions, such as optimism and hope, can benefit individuals, including improved health, enhanced creativity, and increased resilience.
This suggests that graduation quotes that promote positivity, optimism and hope for future graduates as they navigate the challenges and opportunities of post-graduation life.
1. “Success doesn’t rush. The greatest reward is the journey.” – Jeff Moore
2. “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.” – Napoleon Hill
You will also enjoy our article on parents quotes.
3. “If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” –Nora Roberts
You will also enjoy our article on funny yearbook quotes.
4. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
You will also enjoy our article on proud of you quotes.
5. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
You will also enjoy our article on waiting quotes.
6. “All our dreams can come true… if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
You will also enjoy our article on motivational quotes for kids.
7. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational quotes with pictures.
8. “Your life is your story, and the adventure ahead of you is the journey to fulfill your own purpose and potential.”– Kerry Washington
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational quotes for women.
9. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on achievement quotes.
10. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
You will also enjoy our article on teen quotes.
A lovely commencement and the start of a bright future, these graduation quotes will excite you of things to come.
A graduation signifies many things. It indicates progress, growth, and transformation. When you graduate, it means you’re a more mature being who is ready to start a new chapter in life
Graduation is an exciting opportunity to celebrate your accomplishments. It ‘s a time to celebrate all of the hard work you’ve put into your education. So, let these quotes for graduation help you remember what you’ve achieved, as well as give you the courage to pursue future opportunity.
As the school year comes to an end many students and graduates face a time of reflection, celebration, and even confusion.
“What should I do?”
“Where do I go from here?”
We hope these motivational graduation quotes will help you become more confident about your dreams and goals, at such an important time in your life!
Also check out these college quotes about education to inspire you.
Graduation quotes to make you wiser
Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania found that individuals who set goals and develop plans to achieve them are more likely to succeed in their endeavors than those who do not.
This suggests that graduation quotes that encourage graduates to consider their future plans and aspirations may be precious.
11. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinion drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” –Steve Jobs
You will also enjoy our article on funny motivational quotes about life.
12. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” –H. Jackson Brown Jr.
You will also enjoy our article on best rap quotes.
13. “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” – JK Rowling
You will also enjoy our article on running quotes.
14. “My favorite animal is the turtle. The reason is that in order for the turtle to move, it has to stick its neck out. There are going to be times in your life when you’re going to have to stick your neck out. There will be challenges and instead of hiding in a shell, you have to go out and meet them.” –Ruth Westheimer
You will also enjoy our article on january quotes.
15. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do.” – Ella Fitzgerald
You will also enjoy our article on challenge quotes.
16. “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.”–John Maxwell
You will also enjoy our article on sacrifice quotes.
17. “How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.”– George Washington Carver
If you’re enjoying this article, you might also love our collection of the best senior year quotes for graduation and the yearbook.
18. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”– Albert Schweitzer
You will also enjoy our article on freedom of speech quotes.
19. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”– Winston Churchill
You will also enjoy our article on Godfather quotes.
20. “Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vintage point.” – Harold B Melchart
Graduation quotes to inspire success
21. “Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” – Mahatma Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on unexpected quotes.
22. “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.” – Muhammad Ali
23. “There is no elevator to success, you have to take the stairs.” – Unknown
24. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. –Robert Louis Stevenson
25. “If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.” – Henry David Thoreau
26. Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life. – Omar Khayyam
27. So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable. – Christopher Reeve
28. “Instruction ends in the schoolroom, but education ends only with life.” —Frederick W. Robertson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of education quotes about learning and success.
29. “Intelligence plus character—that is the goal of true education.” —Martin Luther King Jr.
30. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Don’t forget to also check out these graduation quotes from famous films about success.
Graduation quotes to inspire you as you enter the real world
31. “Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.” – Larry Winget
32. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”– Henry David Thoreau
33. “You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once, but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious, and hope can take on a life of its own.”– Michelle Obama
34. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”– Nelson Mandela
35. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”– Milton Berle
36. “The highest result of education is tolerance.” —Helen Keller
37. “Every person you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them.” —H Jackson Brown Jr.
38. “Don’t just get involved. Fight for your seat at the table. Better yet, fight for a seat at the head of the table.” – Barack Obama
39. “Not only can you not plan the impact you’re going to have, you often won’t recognize it when you’re having it.” – Dick Costolo
40. “It doesn’t matter that your dream came true if you spent your whole life sleeping.”- Jerry Zucker
Graduation quotes to inspire hope for the future
41. “Sucess is like a mountain that keeps growing ahead of you as you hike it… Err in the direction of kindness.” – GEORGE SAUNDERS
42. “As you start your journey, the first thing you should do is throw away that store-bought map and begin to draw your own.”— Michael Dell
43. “Kid, you’ll move mountains. Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting so get on your way!”— Dr. Seuss
44. “Graduation is not the end; it’s the beginning.”— Senator Orrin Hatch
45. “This is your time and it feels normal to you but really there is no normal. There’s only change, and resistance to it and then more change.” – MERYL STREEP
46. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing.” – Pele
47. “Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know it when you find it.” —Steve Jobs
48. “Don’t make excuses, don’t blame the past. The rest of your life can be the best of your life!” – Joel Osteen
49. “The world rewards those who take responsibility for their own success.” – Curt Gerrish
50. “Share your sparkle wherever you are.” – Dodinsky
Graduation quotes to inspire and teach
51. “Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive: easy to govern, but impossible to enslave.” —Henry Peter Brougham
52. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” —Dr. Seuss
53. “Knowledge is not power. The implementation of knowledge is power.” —Larry Winget
54. “The important thing is not to stop questioning.”– Albert Einstein
55. “There are no regrets in life. Just lessons.” —Jennifer Aniston
56. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.”– E.E. Cummings
57. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” —Thomas Edison
58. “What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.”– Ralph Waldo Emerson
59. “Sometimes you find out what you are supposed to be doing by doing the things you are not supposed to do.” – Oprah Winfrey
60. “Don’t ever confuse the two, your life and your work. The second is only part of the first.” – Anna Quindlen
Inspirational graduation quotes to read
61. “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” —Malcolm X
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes that will brighten your day.
62. “You can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love.”– Jim Carrey
63. “Take pride in how far you’ve come. Have faith in how far you can go. But don’t forget to enjoy the journey.” —Michael Josephson
64. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world right in the eye.”– Helen Keller
65. “When you leave here, don’t forget why you came.” —Adlai E. Stevenson
66. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” —Dr. Seuss
67. “Live all of your life. Understand it, see it, appreciate it. And have fun.”
– Joss Whedon
68. “Be bold, be courageous, be your best.” – Gabrielle Giffords
69. “You get to consciously decide what has meaning and what doesn’t. You get to decide what to worship.” – David Foster Wallace
70. “Not only can you not plan the impact you’re going to have, you often won’t recognize it when you’re having it.” – Dick Costolo
Graduation quotes to inspire and motivate you
71. “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”– Confucius
72. “Life is an improvisation. You have no ideas what’s going to happen next and you are mostly making things up as you go along.”– Stephen Colbert
73. “Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you criticize, wait. Before you quit, try.”– William Arthur Ward
74. “My wish for you is that this life becomes all that you want it to. Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small and that you never need to carry more than you can hold.”– Rascal Flatts
75. “The unfortunate, yet truly exciting thing about your life, is that there is no core curriculum. The entire place is an elective.”– Jon Stewart
76. “Showing up is 80 percent of life.”– Woody Allen
77. “A world where men ran half our homes and women ran half our institutions would be just a much better world.” — Sheryl Sandberg
78. “Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions.” — Albert Einstein
79. “The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match. Each one of you is a fuse.” — Edward Koch
80. “When you take risks, you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” — Ellen DeGeneres
Inspirational quotes for graduates to help you look forward to the future
81. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.” – Carol Burnett
82. “Pick your profession like you would your soulmate. Marry the one that sets you on fire.”― Dr. Billy Aslbrooks
83. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
84. “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Til your good is better and your better is best.” – St. Jerome
85. “If you are not willing to risk the usual you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
86. “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” – Chris Grosser
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of opportunity quotes about making the most of a situation.
87. “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” – Henry Ford
88. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
89. “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” – Pablo Picasso
90. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” –Vidal Sassoon
Famous graduation quotes to help pursue future opportunity
91. “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” – George Herbert
92. “The will to dare is the strength to act.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
93. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles R. Swindoll
94. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
95. “If you’re not getting outside of your comfort zone, then you’re not growing.”― Chad E. Foster
96. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.” – Proverb
97. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
98. “When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you.” – Lolly Daskal
99. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
100. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears. ” – Les Brown
Graduation quotes to inspire you along your journey
101. “Always be the first-rate version of yourself, instead of the second-rate version of somebody else.”– Judy Garland
102. “It’s always a good move to listen to that inner voice…if it doesn’t lead to a crime.”– Lisa Kudrow
103. “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of humble quotes about the benefits of humility.
104. “Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.” – John Wooden
“Whenever you see a successful person you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them.” – Vaibhav Shah
105. “If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents–start charging for it.” – Kim Garst
106. “I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
107. “The starting point of all achievement is desire.” – Napoleon Hill
108. “I find that when you have a real interest in life and a curious life, that sleep is not the most important thing.” – Martha Stewart
109. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” – Bill Gates
110. “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
Graduation quotes that are inspirational
111. “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
112. “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.” — George Addair
113. “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
114. “I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” – Estée Lauder
115. “Courage is one step ahead of fear.” – Coleman Young
116. “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” –Napoleon Hill
117. “Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.” – J.M. Barrie
118. “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa
119. “Difficult roads always lead to beautiful destinations.” – Zig Ziglar
120. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
121. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
122. “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino
123. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” – Lucille Ball
124. “The key to life is accepting challenges. Once someone stops doing this, he’s dead.” – Bette Davis
125. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
Graduation quotes that will inspire you to achieve your future dreams
126. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” —Harriet Beecher Stow
127. “What is not started today is never finished tomorrow.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
128. “Why should you continue going after your dreams? Because seeing the look on the faces of the people who said you couldn’t… will be priceless.” —Kevin Ngo
129. “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.”
– Samuel Beckett
130. “We aim above the mark to hit the mark.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
131. “Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
132. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” —Sam Levenson
133. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France
134. “No matter where you’re from, your dreams are valid.” – Lupita Nyong’o
135. “The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
– Tom Bradley
Graduation quotes to inspire and motivate you
136. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” —Arthur Ashe
137. “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less than excellent work.” – Thomas J. Watson
138. “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” —Simone de Beauvoir
139. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” –Jim Ryun
140. “There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps
141. “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” – Margaret Thatcher
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Margaret Thatcher quotes about strong will and leadership.
142. “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.” – Mae Jemison
143. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
144. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.”
– Martin Luther King, Jr.
145. “Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” – Peter Hagerty
Graduation quotes to encourage you
146. “What is considered impossible is someone else’s opinion. What is possible is my decision.”― Idowu Koyenikan
147. “I have lots of things to prove to myself. One is that I can live my life fearlessly.” – Oprah Winfrey
148. “When you find yourself in the thickness of pursuing a goal or dream, stop only to rest. Momentum builds success.”― Suzy Kassem
149. “Don’t give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you.” – John Wooden
150 .“Believe in your greatness. Because what you believe is what you become.”― Udai Yadla
151. “You will never find time for anything. You must make it.” – Charles Buxton
152. “Life is a teacher. We are the student.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
153. “Once in a while it really hits people that they don’t have to experience the world in the way they have been told.” – Alan Keightley
154. “It is not speed that matters, it’s persistence.”― Abhijit Naskar
155. “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.” – Venus Williams
Graduation quotes to expand your mind
156. “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” – John C. Maxwell
157. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps
158. “Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.” – Buddha
159. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” – Rosa Parks
160. “To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to.” – Kahlil Gibran
161. “Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart.” – Ancient Indian Proverb
162. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
163. “What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.” —Plutarch
164. “A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.” – Mahatma Gandhi
165. “I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” –Leonardo da Vinci
Graduation quotes to make you think in new ways
166. “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” – Lance Armstrong
167. “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” –Christopher Columbus
168. “A little progress each day adds up to big results.” – Satya Nani
169. “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” –Mark Twain
170. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier
171. “There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” –Aristotle
172. “Look in the mirror. That’s your competition.” – John Assaraf
173. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” –Booker T. Washington
174. “With confidence, you have won before you have started.” – Marcus Garvey
175. “There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.” –Roger Staubach
Graduation quotes to boost your motivation
176. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” – Duke Ellington
177. “Either you run the day, or the day runs you.” –Jim Rohn
178. “As it turned out, spite was one hell of a motivator.”― Kayla Krantz
179. “The best revenge is massive success.” –Frank Sinatra
180. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
181. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see.” – Confucius
182. “The first and greatest victory is to conquer self.” – Plato
183. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
184. “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity.” – Barbara De Angelis
185. “You become what you believe.” –Oprah Winfrey
Graduation quotes that will inspire you to fight for your dreams
186. “Let him who would enjoy a good future waste none of his present.”- Roger Babson
187. “If you genuinely want something, don’t wait for it – teach yourself to be impatient.” –Gurbaksh Chahal
188. “If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents. Value what you know & start charging for it.” – Kim Garst
189. “Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens.” – Carl Jung
190. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” – Vince Lombardi
191. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
192. “Really it comes down to your philosophy. Do you want to play it safe and be good or do you want to take a chance and be great?” – Jimmy J
193. “Even though the future seems far away, it is actually beginning right now.” – Mattie Stepanek
194. “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” – Harriet Tubman
195. “The past gave us experience and made us wiser so that we can create a beautiful and brighter future.” ― Debasish Mridha
Graduation quotes that will make your day
196. “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” –Mark Twain
197. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert Kiyosaki
198. “Success is about creating benefit for all and enjoying the process. If you focus on this & adopt this definition, success is yours.” – Kelly Kim
199. “Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
200. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
201. “I like dreams of the future better than the history of the past.” – Thomas Jefferson
202. “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.” – Albert Einstein
203. “The future is not an inheritance, it is an opportunity and an obligation.” – Bill Clinton
204. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
205. “The future is not something we enter. The future is something we create.”― Leonard I. Sweet
More Graduation quotes and sayings
206. “If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success.” – James Cameron
207. “If you take responsibility for yourself you will develop a hunger to accomplish your dreams.”– Les Brown
208. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
209. “It may be that those who do most, dream most.”– Stephen Butler Leacock
210. “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” – Oscar Wilde
211. ”Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.”– Richard Branson
212. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
213. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
214. “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
215. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.”– Napoleon Hill
Graduation Quotes That Will Make You Emotional
216. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
217. “Whatever you choose for a career path, remember the struggles along the way are only meant to shape you for your purpose.” – Chadwick Boseman
218. “Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
219. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
220. “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” – Thomas Jefferson
221. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – Babe Ruth
222. “We don’t stop going to school when we graduate.” – Carol Burnett
223. “You are educated. Your certification is in your degree. You may think of it as the ticket to the good life. Let me ask you to think of an alternative. Think of it as your ticket to change the world.” – Tom Brokaw
224. “An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
225. “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
226. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Graduation quotes that encourage you to live the life you want
227. “Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead.” — Nora Ephron
228. “Don’t be afraid. Be focused. Be determined. Be hopeful. Be empowered.” — Michelle Obama
229. “Understand that one day you will have the power to make a difference, so use it well.” — Mindy Kaling
230. “It is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” — George Burns
231. “Fight for what makes you optimistic about the world. Find it, insist on it, dig into it, go after it.” — Jennifer Garner
232. “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.” — Taylor Swift
233. “That clock you hear is the sound of your own heart. Sink your teeth into this life, and don’t get let go.” — Lin-Manuel Miranda
234. “I’ve learned it’s important not to limit yourself. You can do whatever you really love to do, no matter what it is.” — Ryan Gosling
235. “You can’t do it alone. Be open to collaboration. Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you. Spend a lot of time with them and it will change your life.” — Amy Poehler
236. “You cannot dream of becoming something you do not know about. You have to learn to dream big. Education exposes you to what the world has to offer, to the possibilities open to you.” — Sonia Sotomayor
Graduation quotes to inspire you to chase your goals
237. “Don’t be afraid of fear. Because it sharpens you, it challenges you, it makes you stronger; and when you run away from fear, you also run away from the opportunity to be your best possible self.” — Ed Helms
238. “If you’re willing to stand for what you believe in . . . you won’t need advice from me, because you will be able to handle whatever comes.” — Whoopi Goldberg
239. “Follow your arrow, wherever it points.”— Kacey Musgrave
240. “Nobody likes to fail, but failure is an essential part of life and of learning. If your uniform isn’t dirty, you haven’t been in the game.” — Ben Bernanke
242. “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” — Malcolm S. Forbes
243. “The horizon leans forward, offering you space to place new steps of change.” — Maya Angelou
244. “I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.” — Helen Keller
245. “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” — Aristotle
246. “I will encourage you not to just make a living, but to live to make something.” — Wesley Chan
Graduation quotes about following your dreams
247. “Don’t ever let someone tell you, you can’t do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you got to protect it.” – Steven Conrad
248. “Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.”– Pamela Vaull Starr
249. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” – Paulo Coelho
250. “Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer.” – Marcia Wieder
251. “Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them.” – John Updike
252. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
253. “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today.” – James Dean
254. “It is precisely the possibility of realizing a dream that makes life interesting.”
– Paulo Coelho
255. “Follow your dreams, they know the way.” – Kobe Yamada
256. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” —W. Clement Stone
Graduation congratulations quotes
257. “Graduation day is finally here, your dreams you did pursue. All your hard work has paid off, we are so very proud of you.” – Catherine Pulsifer
258. “Congratulations! today is your day. You’re off to Great Places! You’re off and away.” – Dr. Seuss
259. “Sending you a day full of sunshine, a heaven filled with rainbows, and a pocket full of dreams. May the future ahead of you be as wonderful as you are.” – Judith Wibberley
260. “The world awaits all that you have to offer, keep achieving, keep accomplishing, but never forget to keep being the person you are today – kind, caring and compassionate.” – Catherine Pulsifer
261. “You did it, even when you didn’t feel like studying – you did it. Congratulations!” – Kate Summers
262. “Offering our best wishes on your graduation and looking forward to what God has planned for your future.” – Byron Pulsifer
263. “You overcame every test. Done tons of homework. For all those years. Congratulations, you made it.” – Danielle Duckery
264. “Walk down these crowded streets with a smile on your face. Be thankful you get to walk so close to other humans. It’s a privilege.” – Zadie Smith
265. “As a graduate, you have worked long and hard, usually for many years, and deserve the recognition you are receiving.” – Jay Remer
266. “I hope you’ll understand the power you have to change our lives. Change the world.” – Ronan Farrow
Short graduation quotes
267. “Graduates, we need you to save the world.” – Pierce Brosnan
268. “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
269. “Do what you have to do resolutely, with all your heart.” – Buddha
270. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
271. “Be allergic to failure and addicted to success.” – Daniel Roberts
272. “What makes greatness is starting something that lives after you.” – Ralph Sockman
273. “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” – Vincent Van Gogh
274. “The new definition of freedom today is self-determination.” – John Hope Bryant
275. “If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it.” – Ronnie Lott
276. “Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.” – Horace Mann
Graduation Quotes That Learning is a Continuous Process
277. “My main objective is to prepare candidates for professional baseball; however, the majority of our graduates will go home as much better qualified amateurs.” ― Jim Evans
278. “I received $100 per week when I started working at the Globe after graduation.” ― Will McDonough
279. “I’ve learned that I can pretty much do anything I’ve wanted to as long as I was methodical and diligent about it. It may not sound very exciting really, but it works.” ― Jamie Hyneman
280. “I’m not retiring. I am graduating. Today is my graduation day. Retirement means that you’ll just go ahead and live on your laurels and surf all day in Oceanside. It ain’t going to happen.” ― Junior Seau
281. “Sometimes the difference between winning and losing is will. The will to make it happen.” ― Howard Schultz
282. “Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.” ― Will Durant
283. “You don’t have to be a genius or a visionary or even a college graduate to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream.” ― Michael Dell
284. “Within our dreams and aspirations we find our opportunities.” ― Sugar Ray Leonard
285. “A month before graduation I got an off-Broadway job. Then I did some commercials, including one for MCI. You can only see half of me, but it paid well. Thank God for commercials.” ― Lee Pace
286. “My graduate studies were carried out at the California Institute of Technology.” ― Kenneth G. Wilson
Graduation Quotes To Make You Proud of Yourself
287. “Every year, many, many stupid people graduate from college. And if they can do it, so can you.” ― John Green
288. “For many, graduation marks the end of formal student life, the end of long spring breaks and of thinking that a 10 a.m. class is far too early.” ― Alexa von Tobel
289. “When I was going for my graduate degree, I decided I was going to make a feature film as my thesis, which was ‘You’re a Big Boy Now.’” ― Francis Ford Coppola
290. “A graduation ceremony is an event where the commencement speaker tells thousands of students dressed in identical caps and gowns that ‘individuality’ is the key to success.” ― Robert Orben
291. “At graduation, you get to wear a cap and gown, but it’s a good idea to also wear something underneath it.” ― Greg Tamblyn
292. “The learning that starts in school and used to end at graduation is now a vital and continual proactive process.” ― Victor Hayek
293. “Now that you’ve graduated, just remember, bosses don’t usually accept notes from your mother.” ― Melanie White
294. “The first of many graduations of life. From elementary school to senior school, each one holds successes for you to enjoy.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
295. “Graduation speeches force you to reflect. They are about consciousness. Nothing is better than consciousness.” ― Bruce Eric Kaplan
296. “Students get diplomas when they graduate from high school, but I think they should also get diplomas for simply surviving the teen years.” ― Melanie Willard
Graduation Quotes To Motivate Students
297. “If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” — William Arthur Ward
298. “Let us never be betrayed into saying we have finished our education; because that would mean we had stopped growing.” — Julia H. Gulliver
299. “I encourage you to live with life. Be courageous, adventurous. Give us a tomorrow, more than we deserve.” — Maya Angelou
300. “Things turn out best for people who make the best out of the way things turn out.” — Art Linkletter
301. “Follow your passion. It will lead you to your purpose.” — Oprah Winfrey
302. “Be passionate and move forward with gusto every single day until you reach your goal.” — Ava DuVernay
303. “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.” — Michelle Obama
304. “In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins: cash and experience. Take experience first; the cash will come later.” — Harold Geneen
305. “Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten.” — Natasha Bedingfield
306. “Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.” — Salvador Dali
Graduation Quotes To Encourage You About The Future
307. “You have to go wholeheartedly into anything in order to achieve anything worth having.” — Frank Lloyd Wright
308. “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” — Maya Angelou
309. “You’re not a failure if you don’t make it. You’re a success because you tried.” — Susan Jeffers
310. “Education is something we have to keep pursuing day after day.” — Premier Brian Gallant
311. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” — Abraham Lincoln
312. “As long as your going to be thinking anyway, think big.” — Donald Trump
313. “Education is the ability to meet life’s situations.” — Dr. John G. Hibben
314. “We all go through life bristling at our external limitations, but the most difficult chains to break are inside us.” — Bradley Whitford
315. “Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.” — Conan O’Brien
316. “Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It’s our goal in life to find it and keep it.” — Mary Lou Retton
Graduation Quotes To Celebrate Your Accomplishments
317. “No one wants to think at graduation! It’s graduation, the time when we celebrate being done with thinking.” ― Haley Dunphy
318. “Graduation is not a signal that one is prepared to practice for a career lifetime. It’s simply a license to hit the turf running and to keep learning.” ― Betsy Plank
319. “Here’s to the graduate. Although your life in school is now complete, the school of life is just beginning!” ― Jennifer Rahel Conover
320. “Graduation day—the high point of college. The commencement speech—the low point of graduation day.” ― Robert Novak
321. “My dear, terrified graduates, you are about to enter the most uncertain and thrilling period of your lives.” ― Lin-Manuel Miranda
322. “Graduation is a time of completion, of finishing, of an ending, however, it is also a time of celebration of achievement and a beginning for you.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
323. “The best thing about graduating from the university was that I finally had time to sit on a log and read a good book.” ― Edward Abbey
324. “Don’t live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable.” ― Wendy Wasserstein
325. “Successful graduates from the school of life thrive on failed attempts.” ― Kamil Ali
326. “I’m going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes.” ― Joe Theismann
Graduation Quotes to Embrace New Opportunities
327. “Life is like college; may I graduate and earn some honors.” ― Louisa May Alcott
328. “It’s what you learn after you know it all that counts.” ― John Wooden
329. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” ― William Butler Yeats
330. “Education is experience, and the essence of experience is self-reliance.” ― T. H. White
331. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ― John Wooden
332. “The future is called ‘perhaps,’ which is the only possible thing to call the future. And the important thing is not to allow that to scare you.” ― Tennessee Williams
333. “People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.” ― Earl Nightingale
334. “I could be happy doing something like architecture. It would involve another couple of years of graduate school, but that’s what I studied in college. That’s what I always wanted to do.” ― Parker Stevenson
335. “I was about to get a degree in economics when I accepted that I’d be a lousy businessman, and if I didn’t give acting a try I’d regret it for the rest of my life.” ― Peter Gallagher
336. “Society may predict, but only I can determine my destiny.” ― Clare Oliver
Which graduation quotes were your favorite?
Graduation is such an important time in life.
Whether you’re finishing up elementary, middle, high school, or college, graduation is an important milestone in your learning journey.
Hopefully, these inspirational quotes for graduates have given you the courage to believe and fight for your dreams and goals.
Did you enjoy these graduation quotes?
Which of these quotes for graduation was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
January 11, 2022 at 2:49 PM
i loved these!!! I’m writing a valedictorian speech for class because i graduate this year and i feel so inspired, so, thank you soo much for creating this ღ