Lauryn Hill Quotes on Unconditional Love and Respect
January 15, 2021 7:00 AM EST
These Lauryn Hill quotes on respect and love will uplift your heart.
Lauryn Hill is an incredibly talented singer, songwriter, rapper, and music producer.
This list of Lauryn Hill quotes on unconditional love and respect will help you better understand the artist’s perspective on life.
Are you a fan of hip hop, R&B, or soul music?
Lauryn Hill redefined these genres and broke down barriers for female rappers in the industry.
This collection of quotes will teach you about life and love.
If you live by these beautiful words of wisdom, you will reach your true potential.
The only way to be successful is to try your hardest and never give up hope.
Let these Lauryn Hill quotes on respect and relationships inspire you to listen to your heart.
Stay true to yourself and you will never be unsatisfied or remorseful.
Listen to the lyrics from these Lauryn Hill songs and transform your perspective on life.
Don’t forget to also check out these Elizabeth Taylor quotes that prove she shined like a diamond.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Lauryn Hill quotes on unconditional love and respect
1. “We can’t plan life. All we can do is be available for it.” – Lauryn Hill
You will also enjoy our article on nas quotes.
2. “Be honest, brutally honest. That is what’s going to maintain relationships.” – Lauryn Hill
3. “I wrote these words for everyone who struggles in their youth, who won’t accept deception instead of what is truth.” – Lauryn Hill
You will also enjoy our article on Kingdom Hearts quotes.
4. “The less I have, the freer I am to do whatever I want to do.” – Lauryn Hill
5. “We don’t want people to have expectations of us, but then we have expectations of everybody else.” – Lauryn Hill
6. “This life is a process of learning.” – Lauryn Hill
7. “Everything we do should be a result of our gratitude for what God has done for us.” – Lauryn Hill
8. “I had to confront my fears and master my every demonic thought about inferiority, insecurity, or the fear of being black, young, and gifted in this Western culture.” – Lauryn Hill
9. “Let optimists rule the world.” – Lauryn Hill
10. “All of humanity is living in a dream world, but suffering real consequences.” – Lauryn Hill
Lauryn Hill quotes that will open up your mind to new perspectives
11. “I think what people are attracted to about me, if anything, is my passion. People got exposed to my passion through music and song first.” – Lauryn Hill
12. “How you gonna win if you ain’t right within?” – Lauryn Hill
13. “That strong mother doesn’t tell her cub, Son, stay weak so the wolves can get you. She says, ‘Toughen up, this is reality we are living in.’” – Lauryn Hill
14. “No matter how I think we grow, you always seem to let me know it ain’t working, and when I try to walk away you hurt yourself to make me stay, this is crazy.” – Lauryn Hill
15. “I believe God will make a way.” – Lauryn Hill
16. “When you’re young and everything dramatic is exciting, you start to believe that hype that, in order to be an artist, you have to suffer. I’ve graduated from that school.” – Lauryn Hill
17. “Reality is easy. It’s deception that’s the hard work.” – Lauryn Hill
18. “Hip-Hop isn’t just music, it is also a spiritual movement of the blacks! You can’t just call Hip-Hop a trend!” – Lauryn Hill
19. “What was freely given to me, I freely give.” – Lauryn Hill
20. “As musicians and artists, it’s important we have an environment – and I guess when I say environment, I really mean the industry, that really nurtures these gifts. Oftentimes, the machine can overlook the need to take care of the people who produce the sounds that have a lot to do with the health and well-being of society.” – Lauryn Hill
Lauryn Hill quotes that will inspire you to listen to your heart
21. “I need to be surrounded by people as passionate and as dedicated as I am.” – Lauryn Hill
22. “We call ourselves creators and we just copy.” – Lauryn Hill
23. “Nobody’s going to force me to do something against my will. What do I owe anybody that I should submit my will to them?” – Lauryn Hill
24. “The only help I need to live is unprofessional. The only wealth I have to give is not material. And if you need much more than that, I’m not available.” – Lauryn Hill
25. “Real religion is no religion at all.” – Lauryn Hill
26. “I do support artists standing by their beliefs and walking with integrity. We have to find a better way to commercially exploit music while giving artists their proper respect. This cannot be done while taking their contributions for granted or trying to control the scope of their growth and power through threats and fear tactics.” – Lauryn Hill
27. “A friend once said, and I found to be true, that everyday people, they lie to God too, so what makes you think, that they won’t lie to you.” – Lauryn Hill
28. “We have to make sure the music and the message and the words and all the elements come through in our songs and every time we appear in public.” – Lauryn Hill
29. “I got into direct confrontation with everybody I love.” – Lauryn Hill
30. “The sweetest thing I’ve ever known was like the kiss on the collarbone, the soft caress of happiness, the way you walk, your style of dress, I wish I didn’t get so weak, oh baby just to hear you speak, makes me argue just to see how much your in love with me.” – Lauryn Hill
Lauryn Hill quotes to help you reach your true potential
31. “See fantasy is what people want, but reality is what they need. And I just retired from the fantasy part.” – Lauryn Hill
32. “The only way to know is to live, learn, and grow.” – Lauryn Hill
33. “Wake up, you’ve been sleeping. Take up your bed and walk. Stop blaming other people. Oh, it’s nobody else’s fault.” – Lauryn Hill
34. “Being young and female in America, you watch a lot of T.V., and you grow up on false images of what love truly is. We think the man with the best rap will protect and save us, about it’s not usually that way. Then you learn love is something deeper and purer in form.” – Lauryn Hill
35. “Don’t be a hard rock when you really are a gem!” – Lauryn Hill
36. “It could all be so simple, but you’d rather make it hard, loving you is like a battle, and we both end up with scars.” – Lauryn Hill
37. “People need to understand that the Lauryn Hill they were exposed to in the beginning was all that was allowed in that arena at the time. I had to step away for the sake of the machine. I was being way too compromised. I felt uncomfortable having to smile in someone’s face when I really didn’t like them or know them well enough to like.” – Lauryn Hill
38. “I don’t need anybody to market or promote me. If people don’t want to hear this music, then it’s not for them. You cannot please everybody.” – Lauryn Hill
39. “Tomorrow is always another day to make things right.” – Lauryn Hill
40. “It’s difficult because we live in a world that doesn’t really respect the creative and intellectual contributions of women. It’s more like ‘Oh, you’re so cute. Be quiet. Shhh, don’t talk too much.’” – Lauryn Hill
Insightful Lauryn Hill quotes
41. “When I have a creative insight, there is a high. I think back in the day, I made music as much as I did because it made me feel so good. I think you could argue that there is a creative addiction – but, you know, the healthy kind.” – Lauryn Hill
42. “You don’t know how much artists go through to make it look so easy. It’s all in the practice.” – Lauryn Hill
43. “Let me be patient, let me be kind, make me unselfish, without being blind, though I may suffer, I’ll envy it not and endure what comes cause he is all that I got.” – Lauryn Hill
44. “My emancipation don’t fit your equation.” – Lauryn Hill
45. “Wisdom is better than silver and gold. I was hopeless, now I’m on hope road.” – Lauryn Hill
46. “If everyone is a product of this society, who will say the things that need to be said, and do the things that need to be done, without compromise?” – Lauryn Hill
47. “Let’s love ourselves then we can’t fail to make a better situation tomorrow. Our seeds will grow, all we need is dedication.” – Lauryn Hill
48. “And deep in my heart. The answer, it was in me. And I made up my mind. To define my own destiny.” – Lauryn Hill
49. “I consider myself a crayon… I may not be your favorite color but one day you’ll need me to complete your picture.” – Lauryn Hill
50. “We should always be aspiring to know more, and to better ourselves, and to improve ourselves. To improve ourselves, because that’s how we improve the world around us, by working within us.” – Lauryn Hill
More Lauryn Hill quotes
51. “It’s more important to be righteous than to be right.” – Lauryn Hill
52. “A lot of us are too busy focusing on what we think people want to hear, as opposed to just saying what’s in our hearts.” – Lauryn Hill
53. “In my travels all over the world, I have come to realize that what distinguishes one child from another is not ability, but access. Access to education, access to opportunity, access to love.” – Lauryn Hill
54. “It’s emotional warfare telling the people we love, the most, the truth about ourselves.” – Lauryn Hill
55. “I can give away everything I possess but am without love, and I have no happiness.” – Lauryn Hill
56. “Think black love, think universal love. Just think love.” – Lauryn Hill
57. “Everyone is in the same situation, at different levels and in different places.” – Lauryn Hill
58. “If you love something and if you’re committed and diligent – the things happen!” – Lauryn Hill
59. “Never underestimate those who you scar.” – Lauryn Hill
60. “I hope that by people seeing the result of freedom that they’ll want some, too.” – Lauryn Hill
You might also like these Frank Zappa quotes from one of the greatest musicians in history.
What are your favorite Lauryn Hill quotes and lyrics about following your heart?
As an artist, Lauryn Hill has gained worldwide respect and recognition.
The best verses from her songs will open up your mind to new perspectives.
If you consider yourself to be a fan of this incredible musical pioneer, you’ll love the above collection of Lauryn Hill lyrics, quotes, and songs.
Rhythm and music are powerful tools for expressing ourselves.
Read these Lauryn Hill lyrics to understand the deeper meaning behind her most famous songs.
Furthermore, the above quotes will give you insight into the mind of the artist herself.
You will be able to appreciate the music on a more spiritual level by understanding the thought process of the songwriter.
Share these Lauryn Hill quotes on respect with all the music lovers in your life.
What are your favorite Lauryn Hill quotes and lyrics on unconditional love and respect?
Let us know in the comment section below.