Regardless of whether you have read the book or not, the following Little Prince quotes are ones that everyone can learn from.
The classic book The Little Prince provides us with many life lessons we can apply to our lives.
What made The Little Prince so lovable?
The book The Little Prince was originally written back in the early 1940s and was called Le Petit Prince because it was originally written in the French language. The book quickly became a favorite for both children and adults alike. It teaches lessons about things that people face on a daily basis. This includes love, loss, friendship, friendliness, and the wonder of life.
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise and thought-provoking Little Prince quotes about life. Enjoy reading these words, and don’t forget to also check out our curated list of Moana quotes you can’t help but like.
Little Prince quotes about grown-ups and children
1. “All grown-ups were once children… but only few of them remember it.” –Little Prince
2. “Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.” –Little Prince
3. “I have lived a great deal among grown-ups. I have seen them intimately, close at hand. And that hasn’t much improved my opinion of them.” –Little Prince
4. “Grown ups are certainly very strange.” –Little Prince
5. “Growing up is not the problem, forgetting is!” –Little Prince
6. “Only the children know what they are looking for.” –Little Prince
Little Prince quotes on life lessons
7. “A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.” –Little Prince
8. “Words are the source of misunderstandings.” –Little Prince
9. “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” –Little Prince
10. “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart.” –Little Prince
11. “People have forgotten this truth,” the fox said. “But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed.” –Little Prince
12. “Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.” –Little Prince
13. “Sometimes, there is no harm in putting off a piece of work until another day.” –Little Prince
14. “Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy ready-made things in the shops. But since there are no shops where you can buy friends, men no longer have any friends.” –Little Prince
15. “Where are the people?” resumed the little prince at last. “It’s a little lonely in the desert…” “It is lonely when you’re among people, too,” said the snake.” –Little Prince
16. “It doesn’t matter that you are not here in person as long as you are here in my heart.” –Little Prince
17. “There might be millions of roses in the whole world, but you’re my only one, unique rose.” –Little Prince
18. “Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know.” –Little Prince
19. “No one is ever satisfied where he is.” –Little Prince
20. “It is much more difficult to judge oneself than to judge others. If you succeed in judging yourself rightly, then you are indeed a man of true wisdom.” –Little Prince
21. “What matters most are the simple pleasures so abundant that we can all enjoy them…Happiness doesn’t lie in the objects we gather around us. To find it, all we need to do is open our eyes.” –Little Prince
Also check out our list of The Little Mermaid quotes and sayings.
Little Prince quotes about love
22. “True love begins when nothing is looked for in return.” –Little Prince
23. “Of course I love you. It is my fault that you have not known it all the while.” –Little Prince
24. “One day, I watched the sun setting forty-four times……You know…when one is so terribly sad, one loves sunsets.” –Little Prince
25. “And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be content that you have known me.” –Little Prince
26. “But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart.” –Little Prince
27. “To forget a friend is sad. Not everyone has had a friend.” –Little Prince
More Little Prince quotes
28. “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.” –Little Prince
29. “You – you alone will have the stars as no one else has them…In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing, when you look at the sky at night…You – only you – will have stars that can laugh.” –Little Prince
30. “It is such a mysterious place, the land of tears.” –Little Prince
31. “You’re responsible for your rose.” –Little Prince
32. “You’re beautiful, but you’re empty. No one could die for you.” –Little Prince
33. “I remembered the fox. One runs the risk of crying a bit if one allows oneself to be tamed.” –Little Prince
34. “What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.” –Little Prince
35. “All men have stars, but they are not the same things for different people. For some, who are travelers, the stars are guides. For others they are no more than little lights in the sky. For others, who are scholars, they are problems… But all these stars are silent. You-You alone will have stars as no one else has them.” –Little Prince
36. “But if you come at just any time, I shall never know at what hour my heart is to be ready to greet you.” –Little Prince
37. “The proof that the little prince existed is that he was charming, that he laughed, and that he was looking for a sheep. If anybody wants a sheep, that is a proof that he exists.” –Little Prince
38. “But the conceited man did not hear him. Conceited people never hear anything but praise.” –Little Prince
39. “It’s all a great mystery…Look up at the sky and you’ll see how everything changes.” –Little Prince
40. “I am who I am and I have the need to be.” –Little Prince
Have you seen these amazing Into the Wild quotes to inspire you?
The Little Prince quotes to look back on
41. “I need to put up with two or three caterpillars if I want to get to know the butterflies. Apparently, they’re very beautiful.” — The Little Prince
42. “My drawing was not a picture of a hat. It was a picture of a boa constrictor digesting an elephant.”― The Little Prince
43. “If I am attempting to describe him, it is in order not to forget him. It is sad to forget a friend. Not every one has had a friend.” ― The Little Prince
44. “But, of course, for those of us who understand life, we would not care less about figures.” ― The Little Prince
45. “But I, alas, do not know how to see sheep through the walls of boxes. Perhaps I am a little like the grown-ups. I have had to grow old.” ― The Little Prince
46. “The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature but plunges him more deeply into them.” ― The Little Prince
47. “People where you live grow five thousand roses in one garden…yet they don’t find what they are looking for.” ― The Little Prince
48. “But I made him my friend, and now he is unique in all the world.” ― The Little Prince
49. “For it is possible for a man to be faithful and lazy at the same time.” ― The Little Prince
50. “The one thing I love in life is to sleep.” ― The Little Prince
Insightful The Little Prince quotes to think about
51. “When someone blushes, doesn’t that mean ‘yes’?” ― The Little Prince
52. “If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.” ― The Little Prince
53. “Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.” ― The Little Prince
54. “Look up at the sky. Ask yourself, “Has the sheep eaten the flower or not?” And you’ll see how everything changes. . . . And no grown-up will ever understand how such a thing could be so important!” ― The Little Prince
55. “Nothing in the universe can be the same if somewhere, we do not know where, a sheep that we never saw has– yes or no?– eaten a rose…” ― The Little Prince
56. “But certainly, for us who understand life, figures are a matter of indifference.” ― The Little Prince
57. “I ought to have judged by deeds and not by words.” ― The Little Prince
58. “You’re lovely, but you’re empty.” ― The Little Prince
59. “‘You are not at all like my rose,’ he said. ‘As yet you are nothing.'” ― The Little Prince
60. “To me, you are still nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys. And I have no need of you. And you, on your part, have no need of me.” ― The Little Prince
What did you learn from these Little Prince quotes?
The Little Prince isn’t just a story that was written and forgotten. It has been told, read, and enjoyed for over 75 years. The lessons that are shared in the story cross borders and are messages that every country can learn from.
Now that you’ve read the above quotes, choose the ones that stand out the most to you that you can use as motivation and direction in your own life. If you’ve never read the book before, pick up a copy today to enjoy. And, if you happen to be in Paris, you can stop into the museum to see over 800 different products based on the story.
Which of these memorable Little Prince quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 5, 2022 5:00 AM EST