If you are searching for the most suitable Lucille Ball quotes, we have something to share with you.
Here, you will find a list of the best quotes from Lucille Ball that are suitable for sharing via Instagram or any other social media platform.
Apart from these quotes, this article also offers basic information about Lucille Ball and various aspects associated with her.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
Who was Lucille Ball
Lucille Ball was an iconic figure associated with American television.
She was a popular comedian and the first person to introduce sitcoms as a new genre of TV shows.
Lucille was born in Jamestown, New York, on August 6, 1911.
Her career spanned six decades.
She left an unsurpassable impact on the entertainment and TV industry during this period.
Lucille Ball spent her early life with her mom, as her parents separated when she was three.
After moving to New York City, Ball was enrolled in a drama school.
She worked with small Broadway productions such as “Stage Door” and “Hey Diddle Diddle”.
In 1933, Ball entered into a contract with RKO Radio Pictures.
However, this failed to work well for her career.
The true breakthrough for Lucille Ball came when she was cast in “My Favorite Husband,” a radio program launched in 1948.
“I Love Lucy”
Lucille Ball produced her own show, “I Love Lucy,” in 1951.
This TV sitcom changed comedy shows forever.
The show gained unmatched popularity within a few weeks of its launch.
She played the role of Lucy Ricardo, a housewife.
Desi Arnaz (her real-life husband) played the role of her on-screen husband.
Later Life and Career Success
After the success of “I Love Lucy,” Ball was offered various other TV shows and films.
Some of them include the following:
- The Lucy Show
- Here’s Lucy
- Life with Lucy
- Yours, Mine and Ours (Film)
- Mame (Film)
She also received various awards for her amazing performance.
Lucille Ball’s legacy still inspires women to pursue their careers as comedians and actors.
Even after her death, Ball’s influence is still seen in various films and television shows.
She is also remembered for her iconic character in “I Love Lucy.”
Her fans are still mesmerized by her outstanding performance.
Hence, her impact on the TV and film industry is critical to upcoming comedians.
You will also enjoy our article on Groucho Marx quotes from the greatest comedian.
Top 5 Lucille Ball Quotes
Here we are going to represent the top 5 quotes by Lucille Ball.
1. “I’m not funny. What I am is brave.” — Lucille Ball
2. “The more things you do, the more you can do.” — Lucille Ball
3. “Ability is of little account without opportunity.” — Lucille Ball
4. “You see much more of your children once they leave home.” — Lucille Ball
5. “It’s a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.” — Lucille Ball
Amusing Lucille Ball Quotes
Following are some amusing quotes by Lucille Ball that will make your day.
6. “A man who correctly guesses a woman’s age may be smart, but he’s not very bright.” — Lucille Ball
7. “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” — Lucille Ball
8. “Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.” — Lucille Ball
9. “I am a real ham. I love an audience. I work better with an audience. I am dead, in fact, without one.” — Lucille Ball
10. “How I Love Lucy was born? We decided that instead of divorce lawyers profiting from our mistakes, we’d profit from them.” — Lucille Ball
Interesting Lucille Ball Quotes
Filled with humor and wit, these Lucille Ball quotes offer a glimpse into the life and legacy of one of the greatest comedic actresses ever.
11. “Women’s Lib? Oh, I’m afraid it doesn’t interest me one bit. I’ve been so liberated it hurts.” — Lucille Ball
12. “I dyed my hair this crazy red to bid for attention. It has become a trademark, and I’ve got to keep it this way.” — Lucille Ball
13. “How to do half-hour comedy innovatively is something I do pride myself on. We invented it with ‘I Love Lucy.’” — Lucille Ball
14. “I don’t know how to tell a joke. I never tell jokes. I can tell stories that happened to me… anecdotes. But never a joke.” — Lucille Ball
15. “I’ve seen ‘Mork & Mindy’ a couple of times. Robin Williams amazes me. And I love Gary Coleman. He puts me away. He puts everybody away.” — Lucille Ball
Lucille Ball Quotes About Wisdom
Beyond her comedic talent, Lucille Ball was also a wise and insightful woman. These quotes showcase her wisdom on love, life, and success.
16. “In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by.” — Lucille Ball
17. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” — Lucille Ball
18. “I think knowing what you cannot do is more important than knowing what you can.” — Lucille Ball
19. “Use a make-up table with everything close at hand and don’t rush; otherwise, you’ll look like a patchwork quilt.” — Lucille Ball
20. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” — Lucille Ball
Lucille Ball Quotes About Her Life
Check out the following quotes about the life of Lucille Ball, which will undoubtedly positively impact your life.
21. “I’m happy that I have brought laughter because I have been shown by many the value of it in so many lives, in so many ways.” — Lucille Ball
22. “One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn’t pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.” — Lucille Ball
23. “Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it, and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work – and realizing what is an opportunity and what isn’t.” — Lucille Ball
24. “TV started for me just as a means of keeping my husband Desi off the road. He’d been on tour with his band since he got out of the Army, and we were in our 11th year of marriage and wanted to have children.” — Lucille Ball
25. “I don’t think you should write a book until you tell the absolute truth. You can’t do that until you’re 85, and I don’t want to live that long. I’ve always prided myself on knowing when to get off, and I hope it works out that way.” — Lucille Ball
Which of these Lucille Ball Quotes is your Favorite?
Lucille Ball is a prominent and popular American TV and film industry figure.
This is why we created a list of her best quotes.
Sharing these Lucille Ball quotes with friends and family would be great.
On the other hand, if you have found your favorite Lucille Ball quote, share it with us.
You can do this by commenting in the section below.
We would love to hear from you.