These Mary Poppins quotes from the classic fictional character are like homecooked dishes we come back to share with old friends and family during special occasions to reminisce about our childhood.
Childhood spent with wonder and innocence is like a precious home we all wish we can go back to from time to time.
What lessons have you learnt from Marry Poppins?
The famous nanny even made more popular by Disney when films were made based on her character, Mary Poppins is the perfect teacher and friend any little child could wish for growing up.
If you’re a child or a child at heart, feast on with these beloved Mary Poppins quotes.
And after you’re done, don’t forget to also check out our collection of Alice in Wonderland quotes that will send you down the rabbit hole.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Mary Poppins quotes that will leave you with a smile on your face
1. ” … Childhood slips like sand through a sieve … and all too soon they’ve up and grown, and then they’ve flown.” – Mary Poppins
You will also enjoy our article on alice in the wonderland quotes.
2. “Anything can happen if you let it.” – Mary Poppins
3. “Don’t you know that everybody’s got a Fairyland of their own?” – Mary Poppins
4. “First of all, I would like to make one thing quite clear. I never explain anything.” – Mary Poppins
5. “Let’s go fly a kite!” – Mary Poppins
6. “Never judge things by their appearance, even carpetbags.” – Mary Poppins
7. “Open different doors. You may find a you there that you never knew was yours.” – Mary Poppins
8. “Practically perfect in every way.” – Mary Poppins
9. “That’s a piecrust promise. Easily made, easily broken.” – Mary Poppins
10. “Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group they’re rather stupid.” – Mary Poppins
You will also enjoy our article on cuddle quotes.
Mary Poppins quotes to brighten your day
11. “Why complicate things that are really quite simple?” – Mary Poppins
12. “Winds in the east, mist coming in. Like somethin’ is brewin’ and about to begin. Can’t put my finger on what lies in store, but I fear what’s to happen all happened before.” – Mary Poppins
13. “A cover is not the book. So, open it up and take a look.” – Mary Poppins
14. “After all, you can’t lose what you never lost.” – Mary Poppins
15. “Close your mouth please, Michael. We are not a codfish.” – Mary Poppins
16. “For when you dream, you’ll find all that’s lost, is found.” – Mary Poppins
17. “Head up and feet beneath you.” – Mary Poppins
18. “Let the past take a bow. The forever is now.” – Mary Poppins
19. “Nothing is gone forever, only out of place.” – Mary Poppins
20. “Nothing. Such a useful word, isn’t it? It can mean anything and everything.” – Mary Poppins
Don’t forget to also read these quotes from Big Lebowski.
Mary Poppins quotes that will make your day better
21. “The man said, ‘I’d like to replace your cat.’ And the lady said, ‘That’s all right with me, but how are you with catching mice?’” – Mary Poppins
22. “There’s a different point of view awaiting you if you just look up.” – Mary Poppins
23. “There’s nowhere to go, but up.” – Mary Poppins
24. “There’s the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars, and the chimney sweeps.” – Mary Poppins
25. “Today or never. That’s my motto.” – Mary Poppins
You might also like these Donnie Darko quotes from the sci-fi psychological thriller.
Which of these Mary Poppins quotes is your favorite?
Mary Poppins was a delightful nanny and her words of wisdom in this collection of classic Mary Poppins quotes are still relevant even in this age of modern living and perceptions.
Sometimes in our haste to accomplish a million things in a split second, it seems, with our fast-paced lives, we forget how uncomplicated finding contentment and happiness really is once we’ve chosen to open our eyes to the things and people around us whom we tend to take for granted.
If you happen to get stuck in mounting grown-up responsibilities, you can always come back to these wonderful Mary Poppins quotes to enjoy generous helpings of positivity, heartwarming humor and simple joys.
Did you enjoy these memorable Mary Poppins quotes?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.