Childhood spent with wonder and innocence is like a precious home we all wish we can go back to from time to time. These Mary Poppins quotes from the classic fictional character are like homecooked dishes we come back to share with old friends and family during special occasions to reminisce about our childhood.
What lessons have you learnt from Marry Poppins?
The famous nanny even made more popular by Disney when films were made based on her character, Mary Poppins is the perfect teacher and friend any little child could wish for growing up.
If you’re a child or a child at heart, feast on with these beloved Mary Poppins quotes. And after you’re done, don’t forget to also check out our collection of Alice in Wonderland quotes that will send you down the rabbit hole.
Mary Poppins quotes that will leave you with a smile on your face
1. ” … Childhood slips like sand through a sieve … and all too soon they’ve up and grown, and then they’ve flown.” – Mary Poppins
2. “Anything can happen if you let it.” – Mary Poppins
3. “Don’t you know that everybody’s got a Fairyland of their own?” – Mary Poppins
4. “First of all, I would like to make one thing quite clear. I never explain anything.” – Mary Poppins
5. “Let’s go fly a kite!” – Mary Poppins
6. “Never judge things by their appearance, even carpetbags.” – Mary Poppins
7. “Open different doors. You may find a you there that you never knew was yours.” – Mary Poppins
8. “Practically perfect in every way.” – Mary Poppins
9. “That’s a piecrust promise. Easily made, easily broken.” – Mary Poppins
10. “Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group they’re rather stupid.” – Mary Poppins
Mary Poppins quotes to brighten your day
11. “Why complicate things that are really quite simple?” – Mary Poppins
12. “Winds in the east, mist coming in. Like somethin’ is brewin’ and about to begin. Can’t put my finger on what lies in store, but I fear what’s to happen all happened before.” – Mary Poppins
13. “A cover is not the book. So, open it up and take a look.” – Mary Poppins
14. “After all, you can’t lose what you never lost.” – Mary Poppins
15. “Close your mouth please, Michael. We are not a codfish.” – Mary Poppins
16. “For when you dream, you’ll find all that’s lost, is found.” – Mary Poppins
17. “Head up and feet beneath you.” – Mary Poppins
18. “Let the past take a bow. The forever is now.” – Mary Poppins
19. “Nothing is gone forever, only out of place.” – Mary Poppins
20. “Nothing. Such a useful word, isn’t it? It can mean anything and everything.” – Mary Poppins
Don’t forget to also read these quotes from Big Lebowski.
Mary Poppins quotes that will make your day better
21. “The man said, ‘I’d like to replace your cat.’ And the lady said, ‘That’s all right with me, but how are you with catching mice?’” – Mary Poppins
22. “There’s a different point of view awaiting you if you just look up.” – Mary Poppins
23. “There’s nowhere to go, but up.” – Mary Poppins
24. “There’s the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars, and the chimney sweeps.” – Mary Poppins
25. “Today or never. That’s my motto.” – Mary Poppins
26. “We’re on the brink of adventure, children. Don’t spoil it with questions.” – Mary Poppins
27. “What do you get when you feed the birds? Fat birds.” – Mary Poppins
28. “When the world turns upside down, the best thing to do is turn right along with it.” – Mary Poppins
29. “With your feet on the ground you’re a bird in flight with your fist holding tight to the string of your kite.” – Mary Poppins
30. “You know, you can say it backwards, which is docious-ali-expi-istic-fragil-cali-rupus, but that’s going a bit too far, don’t you think?” – Mary Poppins
Mary Poppins quotes on why we need a spoonful of sugar more than ever
31. “You’re too focused on where you’ve been to pay attention to where you’re going.” – Mary Poppins
32. “Chim Chiminy, Chim Chiminy, Chim Chim Chiree! When you’re with a ‘sweep, you’re in glad company.” – Mary Poppins
33. “Everything is possible, even the impossible.” – Mary Poppins
34. “If you invest your tuppence wisely in the bank, safe and sound, soon that tuppence, safely invested in the bank, will compound!” – Mary Poppins
35. “If you won’t scold and dominate us, we will never give you cause to hate us. We won’t hide your spectacles so you can’t see, put toads in your bed, or pepper in your tea.” – Mary Poppins
36. “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.” – Mary Poppins
37. “Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.” – Mary Poppins
38. “People who get their feet wet must learn to take their medicine.” – Mary Poppins
39. “Practically perfect people never permit sentiment to muddle their thinking.” – Mary Poppins
40. “Sacked? Certainly not. I am never sacked!” – Mary Poppins
Have you seen these memorable Little Mermaid quotes to relieve your childhood.
Other memorable Mary Poppins quotes
41. “Sometimes a person we love, through no fault of their own, can’t see past the end of his nose.” – Mary Poppins
42. “Spit-spot!” – Mary Poppins
43. “Supercallifragilisticexpialidocious!” – Mary Poppins
44. “Take us on outings, give us treats, sing songs, bring sweets. Never be cross or cruel. Never give us castor oil or gruel. Love us as a son and daughter, and never smell of barley water.” – Mary Poppins
45. “Tradition, discipline, and rules must be the tools!” – Mary Poppins
46. “We better keep an eye on this one. She’s tricky.” – Mary Poppins
47. “When I return from daily strife, to hearth and wife, how pleasant is the life I lead!” – Mary Poppins
48. “While the moon drifts in the skies… Stay awake, don’t close your eyes.” – Mary Poppins
49. “With tuppence for paper and strings, you can have your own set of wings!” – Mary Poppins
50. “Your daughters were shorter than you – but they grew!” – Mary Poppins
You might also like these Donnie Darko quotes from the sci-fi psychological thriller.
Which of these Mary Poppins quotes is your favorite?
Mary Poppins was a delightful nanny and her words of wisdom in this collection of classic Mary Poppins quotes are still relevant even in this age of modern living and perceptions.
Sometimes in our haste to accomplish a million things in a split second, it seems, with our fast-paced lives, we forget how uncomplicated finding contentment and happiness really is once we’ve chosen to open our eyes to the things and people around us whom we tend to take for granted.
If you happen to get stuck in mounting grown-up responsibilities, you can always come back to these wonderful Mary Poppins quotes to enjoy generous helpings of positivity, heartwarming humor and simple joys.
Did you enjoy these memorable Mary Poppins quotes? Which of the quotes is your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
December 21, 2019 7:45 AM EST