Alice in Wonderland Quotes to Send You Down the Rabbit Hole
If your mind is filled with curiosity and wonder, these Alice in Wonderland quotes will send you plummeting down the rabbit hole.
April 18, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Ready to go down the rabbit hole?
These Alice in Wonderland quotes will send you on your journey!
Looking back now, it seems like Alice in Wonderland was light years before its time.
Lewis Carroll‘s fictional Matrix-like tale of a curious young girl with a quest for adventure and finding answers.
Alice in Wonderland is a story many of us can relate to.
You may also enjoy our article on:
A study conducted by the University of Oxford found that reading classic literature like Alice in Wonderland can stimulate creativity and curiosity in readers.
The researchers discovered that exposure to such imaginative worlds encourages lateral thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Besides the brave heroin, fun characters, and magical world, there are many life lessons to be learned from this legendary tale.
One of the greatest things about Alice is that she refused to let anyone else define what is impossible for her.
Likewise, we should not care about what other people think is difficult.
We should set high goals for ourselves and work hard to meet them.
Though comfort zones may feel ‘safe’, never be scared to take risks.
Be willing to take chances and be ready for whatever comes your way.
Only by venturing into the unknown will you discover what lies on the other side.
Just like Alice, choose to be a wildflower rather than a wallflower.
Rather than simply existing, go out and be who you want to be and make the impossible possible.
The film was directed by Tim Burton and stars Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, and Crispin Glover among others.
It was released in February 2010 to mixed reviews from critics.
The film received various nominations and won Best Art Direction and Best Costume Design at the 83rd Academy Awards.
To motivate you on your journey, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking Alice in Wonderland quotes and sayings.
We also have a compilation of Marry Poppins quotes that will spark your imagination.
Be sure to read those as well.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Alice in Wonderland Quotes to Send You Down the Rabbit Hole
In a survey conducted by the Harris Poll, Alice in Wonderland was ranked among the top 10 most beloved children’s books of all time.
This timeless classic continues to captivate readers of all ages, making it a perfect source of inspiring quotes to share with friends and family.
1. “It’s a poor sort of memory that only works backwards” – The Queen of Hearts
You will also enjoy our article on Alice in Borderland quotes.
2. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” – Alice
You will also enjoy our article on American Psycho quotes.
3. “If you’ll believe in me, I’ll believe in you. Is that a bargain?” – The Unicorn
You will also enjoy our article on Matrix quotes.
4. “I’m not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different than yours.” – The Cheshire Cat
You will also enjoy our article on Mad Hatter quotes.
5. “If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.” — The Duchess
You will also enjoy our article on inspirational disney quotes.
6. “I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.” – Alice
You will also enjoy our article on christopher reeve quotes.
7. “Begin at the beginning”, the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end: then stop.” – The King
You will also enjoy our article on mary poppins quotes.
8. “I am under no obligation to make sense to you.” – Mad Hatter
You will also enjoy our article on little mermaid quotes.
9. “For if one drinks much from a bottle marked ‘poison,’ it’s almost certain to disagree with one sooner or later.” – Alice
You will also enjoy our article on sylvia plath quotes.
10. “You know you say things are “much of a muchness” — did you ever see such a thing as a drawing of a muchness?’ – The Dormouse
You will also enjoy our article on butterfly quotes.
Alice in Wonderland quotes that will inspire you to achieve the impossible
According to a study published in the Journal of Cognitive Psychology, familiar quotes from classic literature like Alice in Wonderland can enhance memory retention.
By incorporating these memorable quotes into daily life, readers can improve their ability to remember and recall information more effectively.
11. “Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.” – Alice
You will also enjoy our article on nature quotes.
12. “No wise fish would go anywhere without a porpoise.” – The Mock Turtle
You will also enjoy our article on villain quotes.
13. “If you don’t know where you are going any road can take you there.” – The Cheshire Cat
You will also enjoy our article on graduation quotes.
14. “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.” — Alice
You will also enjoy our article on bad santa quotes.
15. “I don’t see how he can ever finish if he doesn’t begin.” – The Mock
16. “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.” – The White Rabbit
17. “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.” — The Cheshire Cat
18. “How puzzling all these changes are! I’m never sure what I’m going to be, from one minute to another.” – Alice
19. “Everything’s got a moral, if only you can find it.” – The Duchess
20. “And what is the use of a book,” thought Alice, “without pictures or conversations?” – Alice
Also, read these Moana quotes that will inspire you to set out on an adventure of your own.
Alice in Wonderland quotes about life and adventure
According to a study published in the Journal of Positive Psychology, exposure to positive quotes and affirmations can increase feelings of well-being and happiness.
This statistic supports the use of inspirational quotes, like those from Alice in Wonderland, as a way to boost mood and promote positive thinking in readers.
21. ”You mean you can’t take less; it’s very easy to take more than nothing.” – The Hatter
22. “We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.” – Cheshire Cat.
23. “Why is a raven like a writing desk?” – Mad Hatter
24. “But that’s the point. If you don’t think, you shouldn’t talk.” – March Hare
25. “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – The White Queen
Did you enjoy these Alice in Wonderland quotes?
One of the biggest lessons from Alice in Wonderland is that we are never the same person we were yesterday.
As we face new experiences, we will constantly change and evolve.
There will always come a time in our lives when we feel like we’ve fallen down a deep dark hole and our lives are out of control.
When this happens, be like Alice and start finding your way out of the hole.
Hopefully, the quotes above have inspired you to find your own way.
Which of these Alice in Wonderland quotes is your favorite?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.