Ready to go down the rabbit hole? These Alice in Wonderland quotes will send you on your journey!
Looking back now, it seems like Alice in Wonderland was light years before its time. Lewis Carroll‘s fictional Matrix-like tale of a curious young girl with a quest for adventure and finding answers.
Alice in Wonderland is a story many of us can relate to. Besides the brave heroin, fun characters, and magical world, there are many life lessons to be learned from this legendary tale.
One of the greatest things about Alice is that she refused to let anyone else define what is impossible for her.
Likewise, we should not care about what other people think is difficult. We should set high goals for ourselves and work hard to meet them.
Though comfort zones may feel ‘safe’, never be scared to take risks. Be willing to take chances and be ready for whatever comes your way. Only by venturing into the unknown will you discover what lies on the other side.
Just like Alice, choose to be a wildflower rather than a wallflower. Rather than simply existing, go out and be who you want to be and make the impossible possible.
To motivate you on your journey, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking Alice in Wonderland quotes and sayings.
We also have a compilation of Marry Poppins quotes that will spark your imagination. Be sure to read those as well.
Alice in Wonderland Quotes to Send You Down the Rabbit Hole
1. “It’s a poor sort of memory that only works backwards” – The Queen of Hearts
2. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” – Alice
3. “If you’ll believe in me, I’ll believe in you. Is that a bargain?” – The Unicorn
4. “I’m not strange, weird, off, nor crazy, my reality is just different than yours.” – The Cheshire Cat
5. “If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.” — The Duchess
6. “I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.” – Alice
7. “Begin at the beginning”, the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end: then stop.” – The King
8. “I am under no obligation to make sense to you.” – Mad Hatter
9. “For if one drinks much from a bottle marked ‘poison,’ it’s almost certain to disagree with one sooner or later.” – Alice
10. “You know you say things are “much of a muchness” — did you ever see such a thing as a drawing of a muchness?’ – The Dormouse
Alice in the Wonderland quotes that will inspire you to achieve the impossible
11. “Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.” – Alice
12. “No wise fish would go anywhere without a porpoise.” – The Mock Turtle
13. “If you don’t know where you are going any road can take you there.” – The Cheshire Cat
14. “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.” — Alice
15. “The Duchess! The Duchess! Oh my dear paws! Oh my fur and whiskers! She’ll get me executed, as sure as ferrets are ferrets!” – The White Rabbit
16. “Curiouser and curiouser!” – Alice
17. “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.” — The Cheshire Cat
18. “How puzzling all these changes are! I’m never sure what I’m going to be, from one minute to another.” – Alice
19. “Everything’s got a moral, if only you can find it.” – The Duchess
20. “And what is the use of a book,” thought Alice, “without pictures or conversations?” – Alice
Also, read these Moana quotes that will inspire you to set out on an adventure of your own.
Alice in the Wonderland quotes about life and adventure
21. ”You mean you can’t take less; it’s very easy to take more than nothing.” – The Hatter
22. “Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!” – The Queen of Hearts
23. “Why is a raven like a writing desk?” – Mad Hatter
24. “But that’s the point. If you don’t think, you shouldn’t talk.” – March Hare
25. “’Tis the voice of the Lobster: I heard him declare / ‘You have baked me too brown, I must sugar my hair.” – Alice.
26. “Oh, my fur and whiskers! I’m late, I’m late, I’m late!” – White Rabbit
27. “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – The White Queen
28. “We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.” – Cheshire Cat.
29. “Who cares for you?” said Alice, (she had grown to her full size by this time.) You’re nothing but a pack of cards!” – Alice
30. “You used to be much more…muchier. You’ve lost your muchness.” – The Mad Hatter
Alice in the Wonderland quotes to fuel your imagination
31. “Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.” – The Duchess
32. “I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?” – Alice
33. “Caterpillar? Oh, for goodness sake. Alice, I – Oh, well. Come along. It’s time for tea.” – Alice’s Sister
34. “Only the insane equate pain with success.” – Cheshire Cat
35. “Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!” – The Red Queen
36. “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.” – The White Rabbit
37. “Well! I’ve often seen a cat without a grin,” thought Alice; “but a grin without a cat! It’s the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!” – Alice
38. “I don’t see how he can ever finish if he doesn’t begin.” – The Mock
39. “Can you do addition? What’s one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one and one?” – The White Queen
40. “The time has come, to talk of other things–of shoes and ships and sealing wax, and cabbages and kings. And why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings. Calloo, Callay, no work today, we’re the cabbages and kings.” – The Walrus
If you enjoyed this article, read our collection of inspirational Disney quotes about imagination and success.
More alice in the wonderland quotes
41. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.” – Lewis Carroll
42. “One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.” – Lewis Carroll
43. “I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.” – Lewis Carroll
44. “No, no! The adventures first, explanations take such a dreadful time.” – Lewis Carroll
45. “Everything is funny, if you can laugh at it.” – Lewis Carroll
46. “My dear, here we must run as fast as we can, just to stay in place. And if you wish to go anywhere you must run twice as fast as that.” – Lewis Carroll
47. “He was part of my dream, of course but then I was part of his dream, too.” – Lewis Carroll
48. “It is better to be feared than loved.” – Lewis Carroll
49. “Well, I never heard it before, but it sounds uncommon nonsense.” – Lewis Carroll
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland quotes from the novel
50. “Visit either you like: they’re both mad.” — Cheshire Cat
51. “I’m older than you, and must know better.” — Lewis Carroll
52. “Imagination is the only weapon in the war with reality.” — Cheshire Cat
53. “Only a few find the way, some don’t recognize it when they do—some… don’t ever want to.” — Cheshire Cat
54. “Speak English!” said the Eaglet. “I don’t know the meaning of half those long words, and, what’s more, I don’t believe you do either!” — Lewis Carroll
55. “How queer everything is to-day! And yesterday things went on just as usual. I wonder if I’ve been changed in the night? Let me think: *was* I the same when I got up this morning?” — Cheshire Cat
56. “There might be some sense to your knocking,” the Footman went on, without attending to her, “if we had the door between us. For instance, if you were *inside,* you might knock and I could let you out, you know.” — Lewis Carroll
57. “How do you like the Queen?” said the Cat in a low voice. “Not at all,” said Alice: “she’s so extremely—” Just then she noticed that the Queen was close behind her, listening: so she went on “—likely to win, that it’s hardly worth while finishing the game.” — Lewis Carroll
58. “You might just as well say,” added the March Hare, “that ‘I like what I get’ is the same thing as ‘I get what I like’!” “You might just as well say, ” added the Dormouse, who seemed to be talking in his sleep, “that ‘I breathe when I sleep’ is the same thing as ‘I sleep when I breathe’!” — Lewis Carroll
59. “And the moral of that is—‘Be what you would seem to be’—or, if you’d like it put more simply—‘Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.’” — Lewis Carroll
Did you enjoy these Alice in Wonderland quotes?
One of the biggest lessons from Alice in Wonderland is that we are never the same person we were yesterday. As we face new experiences, we will constantly change and evolve.
There will always come a time in our lives when we feel like we’ve fallen down a deep dark hole and our lives are out of control.
When this happens, be like Alice and start finding your way out of the hole. Hopefully, the quotes above have inspired you to find your own way.
Which of these Alice in Wonderland quotes is your favorite? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 31, 2022 6:19 AM EST