Do you have a personal mantra?
A mantra is anything that motivates and inspires you to be your best self, including your:
Today, I wanted to share a few personal mantras that will uplift and support your growth.
Below are some of my favorites that have helped me daily to live in gratitude and become a better person.
Tell us which personal mantras are your favorite in the comment section below!
Personal mantras to help you be your best self
1. “It’s never too late to be who you might have been.” ― George Eliot
This quote always reassures me that no matter how old you are or how many mistakes you’ve made along the way, you can always take the steps necessary to rediscover your true purpose in life.
2. “The path emerges as you walk it. So simply walk it.” ― Natasha Allrich
This personal mantra encourages me to stop making everything so complicated and simply take the first step.
When we walk the path that is in front of us, we can avoid being overwhelmed and accomplish more of our goals in a much faster time frame.
3. “People are capable, at any time in their lives, of doing what they dream of.” ― Paulo Coelho
This is a beautiful reminder that you can do whatever you want with your life.
Right now, actually.
No need to wait for the “right time.”
4. “It is not wrong to go back to that which you have forgotten.” — West African proverb
Some people feel like they can never turn back once they’ve chosen a particular path. Not true!
Once you realize that you’re not where you’re supposed to be, you can go back to that home place, that starting point that feels right to you.
5. “Action is the antidote to despair.” ― Joan Baez
Becoming a better person requires you to take consistent action on your goals until you accomplish them.
No matter what area of your life you’re working on, the key to success is not getting overwhelmed but choosing to move forward despite how difficult it may be.
Keep improving yourself with these personal mantras
6. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” — John Pierpont Morgan
It doesn’t take this big, grand display of courage to change your life.
Sometimes, all you need to do is to decide that you will begin exploring a new path.
7. “Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it.” ― Maya Angelou
This personal mantra is what manifestation is all about in a nutshell.
It reminds us that once we express our desires, we must believe that they will be given to us.
Everyone makes mistakes and has to start over sometimes
8. “The past has no power over the present moment.” — Eckhart Tolle
This personal mantra reminds me that the present moment is a means to an end and a stepping-stone to the future.
Therefore, whatever I experience, feel, think, and do affects the future.
If I dislike what is happening now or try getting away from it, I miss the essence of life and remain stuck in a dream world of images, concepts, and judgments.
9. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” ― E. E. Cummings
The personal mantra affirms that personal growth may feel messy, and therefore, one needs the courage to overcome negative influences.
The courage to keep practicing the right things typically leads to freedom, a sense of rootedness, and calmness.
In that regard, we must meet the challenge head-on whenever we face a critical choice.
That means uncovering our personal strength, courage, and resilience so we continue to become.
10. “The purpose of life is a life of purpose.” — Robert Byrne
So long as you go on without an earnest intention or intention that does not collect and employ the energies you are endowed with, your affections and talents will run to waste.
Your talents and affections will be all in conflict and prey on one another, leading to mischief.
However, there won’t be hesitancy or doubt once you have a purpose and resolve.
Personal mantras need action to back them up
11. “We attain freedom as we let go of whatever does not reflect our magnificence. A bird cannot fly high or far with a stone tied to its back. But release the impediment, and we are free to soar to unprecedented heights.” ― Alan Cohen
This quote affirms nothing can hold you back unless you let it.
The sky is the limit when you release what’s keeping you from moving forward.
12. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.” ― Joseph Campbell
One of the biggest challenges to making progress with something new is not being able to let go of the old.
This quote is a great reminder that when you try to keep one foot in the familiar as a Plan B, you never give yourself a chance to really succeed at Plan A.
Mantras about potential
13. “You were born with potential, You were born with goodness and trust, You were born with ideals and dreams, You were born with greatness, You were born with wings, You were not meant for crawling so don’t, You have wings, Learn to use them and fly.” ― Rumi
Everyone has a purpose in life, yet sometimes we forget this fundamental truth when life happens.
This quote is a powerful affirmation of your value and what you can achieve in life.
14. “Progress always involves risks. You can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first base.” ― Frederick B. Wilcox
This quote reminds us that change requires stepping outside our comfort zone.
It’s impossible to hold on to your old life and build a better one simultaneously.
15. “You can do anything you want with your life, and no one can stop you… but you.” ― Rosetta Thurman
This is my personal mantra that empowers me to live with courage, knowing that there are no limits to what I can do.
We all have the power to achieve our big goals, and the only way to fail is by procrastinating or doubting yourself.
16. “If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.” — Mary Pickford
Sometimes life gives us a second chance, but we’re too ashamed to take it.
Instead of holding on to your past mistakes, accept the truth that there’s something better waiting for you when you let go.
Personal mantras for overcoming obstacles
17. “Every one of us is called upon, probably many times, to start a new life. A frightening diagnosis, a marriage, a move, loss of a job. And onward full tilt we go, pitched and wrecked and absurdly resolute, driven in spite of everything to make good on a new shore. To be hopeful, to embrace one possibility after another – that is surely the basic instinct . . . Crying out: High tide! Time to move out into the glorious debris. Time to take this life for what it is.” ― Barbara Kingsolver
At some point, we all need to take a moment to step back and consider whether the highway we’ve been driving on for years still leads to the ultimate destination we want for our lives.
This personal mantra is a good reminder of that.
If it doesn’t, it might be time to get off at the next exit and start doing something else!
18. “I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned the hard way that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.” ― Gilda Radner
This quote reminds us that life is not, and never will be, perfect. Instead, we can learn to live with a sense of gratitude for all the good we get to experience along the way.
19. “At the deepest level of being, you are one with all that is.” ― Eckhart Tolle
This personal mantra reminds me I can influence what I experience.
Therefore, I find peace within myself and can live life meaningfully and as satisfactorily as possible by believing in myself.
Mantras to help achieve our dreams
20. “We write our own destiny; we become what we do.” ― Madame Chiang Kai-Shek
This personal mantra means we must keep our future firmly by continuing to learn and be the person we have always wanted to become.
Regardless of life’s challenges, we write our own destinies by ensuring the right choices and holding on to what is right.
21. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
Always remember this personal mantra whenever you feel limited and almost lose hope in life.
The mantra helps you appreciate all opportunities and never let go, no matter the current challenges.
Thus, you can always improve the current situation no matter your position in society or the resources at your disposal.
22. “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.” ― Eckhart Tolle
The personal mantra reminds me that my thoughts about current life situations influence the outcome.
By separating the thoughts from the current situations, we create a neutral environment whereby we can overcome the limits preventing us from taking the right action.
23. “Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.” ― Helen Keller
This personal mantra by Helen Keller shows the risks involved in our everyday lives.
With every risk we take in life, there is change.
Some changes may be internal or external and occur gradually or slowly.
Essentially, a crisis or a problem in life may cause dramatic changes in a person, even when the change is forced.
More inspiring personal mantras
24. “You must have control of the authorship of your own destiny. The pen that writes your life story must be held in your own hand.” — Irene C. Kassorla
To me, this personal mantra is meaningful in different ways.
The personal mantra reminds me I have control of my life and that I chart my course, which means I should not stop until I have reached my final destination.
As the captain of your own ship, you must be ready to steer that ship through stormy seas until you complete your journey and reach safe harbors.
25. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” — Anais Nin
Remember this personal mantra whenever you feel discouraged or are losing morale.
Essentially, the personal mantra will get you back on track so you stay focused on your end goal.
26. “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.” ― Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein believes honesty, diligence, equality, and empathy toward others are key core values we should always abide by.
When we do so, we nurture our character and influence the surrounding people.
However, if we focus only on becoming the most successful people without having good values, we do not impact those who are around us.
Personal mantras to encourage self-belief
27. “Purpose over position.” ― Andrew Gobran
28. “The only voice I’m listening to is my own.” ― Lisa Pezik
29. “I am exactly where I am supposed to be.” ― Shannon Kaiser
30. “It’s never too late to be what you might have been.” ― George Eliot
31. “The most important things in life aren’t things.” ― Anthony J. D’Angelo
32. “The only ones who are failures are the ones who never try.” ― Michael Ivers
33. “I can change and transform the lives of others by sharing my story.” ― Sabrina Cadini
34. “Small things done consistently in strategic places over time bring progress.” ― Tommy Rosen
35. “You are more than enough. You do more than enough. You have more than enough.” — Lisa Kohn
36. “You are never given a dream, without also being given the power to make it come true.” ― Richard Bach
Personal Mantras To Guide and Transform Your Life
37. “Your only limit is the one you set for yourself.” ― Roy T. Bennett
38. “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” ― Socrates
39. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do.” ― Steve Jobs
40. “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” ― William James
41. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” ― Rumi
42. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” ― Dalai Lama
43. “The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today.” ― Franklin D. Roosevelt
44. “You have within you right now everything you need to deal with whatever the world can throw at you.” ― Brian Tracy
45. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” ― Christian D. Larson
46. “You are the master of your own destiny. You can influence, direct, and control your own environment. You can make your life what you want it to be.” ― Napoleon Hill
47. “Every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better.” ― Émile Coué
48. “I am the power of the thunderstorm. I am the beauty in the beast. I am the strength in weakness. I am the confidence in the midst of doubt. I am Her!” ― Kierra C.T. Banks
49. “I will not downsize myself to fit into a place I have outgrown.” ― Christine E. Szymanski
50. “My worth is not tied to someone’s presence. My value comes from within. It is not at someone else’s mercy or charity. I honor and respect myself.” ― J.S. Wolfe
51. “I give myself full permission to live a healthy, peace filled, prosperous life.” ― Dodee Schmitt
52. “May I have the courage to be who I say I am.” ― Jennifer Pastiloff
53. “Self-care is how you take your power back.” ― Lalah Delia
54. “Life may try to knock you down but be persistent with your passions – cultivate grit, resilience, tenacity and endurance success will come.” ― Amit Ray
55. “Everything will work out… don’t give up hope, remain calm.” ― Jonathan Franklin
56. “Trust what is not known to your Mind. Trust what is known to your Heart.” ― Tony Samara
What affirmations do you use in your life?
As you can see, personal mantras can vary widely and express just about anything.
It’s up to you to decide which mantras inspire and feel right for you.
Do you have a personal mantra that you use every day?
Which mantra from this list was your favorite?
Tell us in the comments below!
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you found this article helpful, please share it with your friends on social media.