Take a look at these quotes from the legendary Pimp C!
Pimp C was a man who was known to stand his ground.
You cannot say Texas hip-hop without mentioning Pimp C, who, along with Bun B, is half of the legendary hip-hop duo Underground Kingz, better known as UGK.
Tell us your favorite Pimp C quote in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Pimp C quotes?
Pimp C is a foundational artist to the Texas hip-hop scene and blazed trails for many artists to gain opportunities to pursue their dreams.
Before the Houston, Texas hip hop scene took off, UGK were already putting it down for Port Arthur, Texas.
They were making statements about the potential and creativity coming out of the South during a time when East and West coast hip hop acts dominated the charts.
While many veteran hip-hop artists often complain about new acts, Pimp C was known for encouraging fans and other rappers to give new, younger artists a chance.
Top 10 Pimp C quotes
1. “Atlanta is not the South.” ― Pimp C
2. “I wanted to be the man.” ― Pimp C
3. “We gotta have kids’ music.” ― Pimp C
4. “We gotta have club music.” ― Pimp C
5. “I’m up early ‘cuz ain’t enough light in the daytime.” ― Pimp C
6. “I’m trying to resurrect old school rappers from N.Y.” ― Pimp C
7. “I couldn’t get on a ‘Source’ cover ‘til I went to prison.” ― Pimp C
8. “I was a fan of DMC but I was captivated by Run’s style.” ― Pimp C
9. “I’m doing pretty good on my own, when I can control my tongue.” ― Pimp C
10. “Music don’t have no color or no face. It’s a universal language.” ― Pimp C
Pimp C quotes about rap, hip-hop, and himself
11. “I did four years of an eight-year sentence and I’m on parole.” ― Pimp C
12. “And when you change for the better, sheist fools stop comin’ around.” ― Pimp C
13. “I used to spend summers with my Granma in Louisiana; Crowley, LA.” ― Pimp C
14. “Wasn’t nobody wearing diamond necklaces until Jay-Z jumped out there with them.” – Pimp C
15. “If you’ve gotta tell on your own people to get yourself out of trouble, you’re a snitch.” ― Pimp C
16. “As a kid, when somebody got that kinda influence over a child… you know how strong that can be.” ― Pimp C
17. “I gotta answer the hard questions in a hard-type manner. Anything else would be uncivilized.” ― Pimp C
18. “I remember going to L.A. and doing shows, and people would just stand there with their arms folded.” ― Pimp C
19. “If you ask me my opinion, if you’re a rapper in this game, you oughta have a license to be able to carry a weapon.” ― Pimp C
20. “I don’t consider myself to be bigger than nobody else in this game, so I’m not here to tell people what to rap about.” ― Pimp C
Famous Pimp C quotes about various things
21. “I’m down with Jim Jones.” ― Pimp C
22. “ If ya like boys, go get all the boys ya want.” ― Pimp C
23. “I’m not a gay-basher, because gay people buy my records.” ― Pimp C
24. “Early on I did all the production for UGK, like on ‘Southern Way.’” ― Pimp C
25. “We took an oath back when we were teenagers that this is UGK for life.” ― Pimp C
26. “When we’re separate, we can cover more ground than we can together.” ― Pimp C
27. “I’ll ride for Atlanta in a war before anybody else gon’ have a chance to do it.” ― Pimp C
28. “Why would I be offended by your sexual preference, unless I’m in the closet?” ― Pimp C
29. “We’ve actually got tattoos on our arms in the same place that says ‘UGK for life.’” ― Pimp C
30. “A lot of people attack music like the Soulja Boy music, but hey man, my kids love that.” ― Pimp C
More Pimp C quotes to ponder
31. “When you go to Atlanta what does your clock say?” ― Pimp C
32. “Robert Davis in my deck diamonds up against the wood.” ― Pimp C
33. “If I wasn’t rappin’ baby, I would still be ridin’ Mercedes.” ― Pimp C
34. “Boys kickin back layed in tha shade aint nobody trippin cause tha money already made.” ― Pimp C
35. “I’m from the old school, so I was wearing button-up polo shirts way back, with the sweater to match.” ― Pimp C
36. “That doesn’t mean that it’s not still UGK for life; we’ve just figured out ways to promote and cover more ground.” ― Pimp C
37. “A lot of times when you see Bun you don’t see me; that’s because we have to go our separate directions to promote on our own.” ― Pimp C
38. “Yeah, 90 percent of the production and not for any other reason then I couldn’t find anybody that would give me what I needed, so I had to make it myself.” ― Pimp C
39. “I’m not upset when a person wants to move around, because I want everybody to be happy and I don’t want nobody to feel like I’m holding them in a situation they shouldn’t be in.” ― Pimp C
40. “When we’re rapping on these records, we’re either rapping about our past lives or things our people are going through right now in the struggle. It’s not necessarily what we’re going through ourselves.” ― Pimp C
Pimp C quotes about women, kids, and everything else
41. “I gotta baby, but his mama act like he ain’t mine.” ― Pimp C
42. “I done drunk Miller with killers Sipped syrup with murderers.” ― Pimp C
43. “Wicked women, usin’ children to live on. Wanna hurt and try to hate, ‘cause she know the thrill is gone.” ― Pimp C
44. “Flippin’ through the Ave, tryina see some good but everythang is still the same, in my neighborhood.” ― Pimp C.
45. “I wanna live like Arnold, Willis, and Mr. Drummond… And keep my paper sturdy, big birds and tight herbs.” ― Pimp C
46. “What’s wrong with the ‘Laffy Taffys’ and the Soulja Boys? We need fun records. We gotta have dance music.” ― Pimp C
47. “Some get erased and mis-placed, tryin’ to win the race. Some try to hold on to they place, by smokin’ wit’ lace.” ― Pimp C
48. “When you get off the plane from Los Angeles or Texas, what time do it be over there? Atlanta is East Coast time.” ― Pimp C
49. “And even though I’m gainin’ street fame, comin’ from this rap game, lustful thinkin’ and compulsive drinkin’ is a normal thang.” ― Pimp C
50. “At an early age, I was listening to BB King, what have you. Ray Charles, Jimmy Smith, Jimmy Mcgriff, you dig? With the obvious Marvin Gaye and the Motown records.” ― Pimp C
What are your thoughts on Pimp C?
While on the surface, you have your typical songs, under all the raps about gator-toed shoes and Cadillacs, there was the man who shared truths and painting a picture.
Often pointing out the hypocrisy in hip hop, noting, “I couldn’t get on a ‘Source’ cover ‘til I went to prison.’”
Aside from an open mind, Pimp C is also known for his off-the-cuff and knee-jerk responses to sometimes controversial issues.
One he was most known for was his claim that Atlanta, a hip-hop Mecca, was not part of the south.
He famously gave his two cents during a live interview questioning Atlanta’s connection to southern rap music, asking, “When you get off the plane from Los Angeles or Texas, what time do it be over there? Atlanta is East Coast time.”
While he later clarified his message, he never backed down from sharing his opinion, regardless of how unpopular it may have been to others.
He stood his ground.
Tell us which Pimp C. quote most resonated with you in the comment section below.
If you liked these quotes, you might also like these Pimp Quotes.
Hit the share button if you found this article interesting!