Satisfy your snack craving with our delicious popcorn quotes!
Popcorn is one of the most popular snacks in the world.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Find out more about this delectable delight with our popcorn quotes below.
What is popcorn?
Popcorn is any variety of corn kernels that have expanded from being heated.
Check out these interesting facts about popcorn:
- There are two popcorn shapes: butterfly and mushroom.
- The average American eats 70 quarts of popcorn per year.
- Popcorn from Mexico has been carbon-dated and found to be over 5,600 years old!
Where does popcorn come from?
Popcorn comes from corn.
However, the corn we use to make popcorn differs from the corn we eat for dinner.
Did you know that only one variety of maize creates the kernels that become the popcorn we love?
That is right; the zea mays kernel gives us the seeds for Americans’ favorite snack.
Popcorn is one of six major types of corn.
The other five are dent corn, flint corn, pod corn, flour corn, and sweet corn.
How does popcorn pop?
Popcorn uses science to become the snack that keeps us returning for more.
The inside of a popcorn kernel is starchy, and the outer shell is hard.
There is a small amount of liquid on the inside.
When the kernels are heated, heat causes the moisture in the grain to convert into steam which puts pressure on the seed.
The starchy interior puffs out and expands, and the fluffy white snack we love forms from the pressure.
Is popcorn healthy?
Health is a subjective term.
What works for some may not work for others.
Popcorn can be an excellent snack when prepared healthily.
It is high in fiber and contains some beneficial antioxidants.
Popcorn contains the antioxidant polyphenol, which is excellent in aiding the body’s cells from free radicals.
It is also a gluten-free snack, so it’s great for people with celiac or gluten intolerance.
For more tasty content, check out our popcorn quotes below.
Short popcorn quotes about everyone’s favorite snack
These popcorn quotes get right to the point.
1. “I’m a popcorn fanatic.” — Julianne Phillips
2. “Love is sharing your popcorn.” — Charles M. Schulz
3. “No matter how full I am, I can eat popcorn.” — Julianne Phillips
4. “Get your popcorn ready, ’cause I’m gonna put on a show.” — Terrell Owens
5. “There was something irresistible about popcorn.” — Elizabeth George Speare
6. “Sometimes I only hope to make a good popcorn movie.” — Lou Diamond Phillip
7. “Hearing nuns’ confessions is like being stoned to death with popcorn.” — Fulton J. Sheen
8. “Enjoy your popcorn and enjoy the show. It’s just a movie, so have fun!” — Martin Lawrence
9. “Popcorn is one of the only situations in which you eat the result of an explosion.” — Demetri Martin
10. “Rap music sounds like somebody feeding a rhyming dictionary to a popcorn popper.” — Tom Robbins
The top popcorn quotes for when you have cravings
We have some awesome popcorn quotes to whet your appetite.
11. “Sometimes I think that all anyone needs in life is lots of popcorn and a few Lovelies” — Sam Savage
12. “Popcorn for breakfast! Why not? It’s a grain. It’s like grits, but with high self-esteem.” — James Patterson
13. “If I don’t work, I’ll be sitting on the couch watching TV, eating popcorn, and getting like a cow.” — Celia Cruz
14. “People that say I have a ‘fear of commitment’ don’t understand my relationship with popcorn.” — Dov Davidoff
15. “I really wanted the MTV Award the most, It was a golden popcorn container, and it looks really neat.” — Kirsten Dunst
16. “When you get old, everything is hurting. When I get up in the morning, it sounds like I’m making popcorn.” — Lawrence Taylor
17. “The popcorn button on the microwave is a miraculous invention. More miraculous than even the microwave itself.” — Gary Gulman
18. “Humans love sex, we need sex, it’s how we connect, it reminds us we’re alive, it’s the third most basic human need, after food and good movie popcorn.” — Billy Crystal
19. “Every once in a while, someone will mail me a single popcorn kernel that didn’t pop. I’ll get out a fresh kernel, tape it to a piece of paper, and mail it back to them.” — Orville Redenbacher
20. “You know, when you make popcorn, there are always those fluffy white kernels that are fun and good to eat, but there are also always those burnt, black kernels that don’t pop. You know why they don’t pop? Because they have integrity.” — Marc Maron
The best popcorn quotes for popcorn lovers
These quotes are for serious popcorn fans.
21. “Well, I’m a consumer as well. I go to the movies with my popcorn and believe everything I see.” — Kelly Lynch
22. “The combination of popcorn, soda, and melted chocolate which covers the floors of movie theaters.” — Rich Hall
23. “The laziest man I ever met put popcorn in his pancakes so they would turn over by themselves.” — W. C. Fields
24. “I’m someone who believes the only way to see a movie is in a big theater, on a big screen, with a big bag of popcorn.” — Dan Glickman
25. “Most of the competition was into bulk popcorn because of the major increases in the Drive-In Theatre Outlets.” — Orville Redenbacher
26. “That smell of freshly cut grass makes me think of Friday night football in high school. The smell of popcorn and cigar smoke reminds me of the stadium.” — Garth Brooks
27. “Of course, life is bizarre. The more bizarre it gets, the more interesting it is. The only way to approach it is to make yourself some popcorn and enjoy the show.” — David Gerrold
28. “I understand what’s it like to work all week and on Friday night just want to go and leave your brain at the door, buy some popcorn, and be thrilled by something.” — Don Cheadle
29. “When I was 14 -years old, I made this PowerPoint presentation, and I invited my parents into my room and gave them popcorn. It was called ‘Project Hollywood 2004’, and it worked.” — Emma Stone
30. “When I was in college, we used to take a popcorn popper, because that was the only thing they would let us use in the dorm, and we would fry squirrels in a popcorn popper in the dorm room.” — Mike Huckabee
Famous popcorn quotes for popcorn fans
31. “I love popcorn.” — Debbie Macomber
32. “I am a big popcorn fanatic.” — Debbie Macomber
33. “I don’t like to cook, but I like to eat popcorn with butter and salt.” — Beverly Johnson
34. “I didn’t have any ambition to produce big mainstream popcorn movies.” — Jodie Foster
35. “What if I was the sexual equivalent of popcorn? Suitable for light snacking only?” — Rachel Vincent
36. “I don’t think that movies are too violent. But I do think that popcorn is too expensive, and this can often lead to violence.” — Lev L. Spiro
37. “In fact, one year for my birthday, my husband bought me one of those big popcorn machines like they have in movie theaters.” — Debbie Macomber
38. “I’ve been into the habit of freezing white grapes and using them as a snack. Instead of eating peanuts or popcorn or something like that or pretzels, I just eat the white grapes.” — Mike Ditka
39. “The modern film tries too hard to be real. Its techniques of illusion are so perfect that it requires no contribution from the audience but a mouthful of popcorn.” — Raymond Chandler
40. “We “chicks” have munched our popcorn while romantic comedies became just comedies, and then each female protagonist got recast for Mathew McConaughey or Seth Rogan.” — Emma McLaughlin
Popcorn quotes and sayings about life
Who doesn’t love popcorn?
41. “God bless the popcorn film.” — Nicolas Cage
42. “Scandal has made wine and popcorn seem like a viable, even healthful, meal.” — Lena Dunham
43. “I make my films like you’re going to die if you miss the next minute. You better not go get popcorn.” — Oliver Stone
44. “Facts to me are like candy or popcorn; small, tasty delights, and I like to gorge on them now and then.” — Walter Kirn
45. “I had popcorn all over the place, so I decided I might as well be in the Processing Business.” — Orville Redenbacher
46. “I love to go to a movie, get a Diet Coke and a barrel of popcorn, and sit there with my kids and watch a film.” — William Shatner
47. “I make up different names for my cat all the time: Flapjack, Bowtie, Popcorn. But he’s really, ‘Hey you, cat.’” — Christopher Walken
48. “If you spend a whole afternoon just eating popcorn and watching football, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that.” — Roland Joffe
49. “Be neither attracted nor repulsed. You are watching a movie. If the visions are beautiful or horrible, Don’t get caught up in them. Enjoy your popcorn.” — Frederick Lenz
50. “The only real distinction at this dangerous moment in human history and cosmic development has nothing to do with medals and ribbons. Not to fall asleep is distinguished. Everything else is mere popcorn.” — Saul Bellow
Popcorn, popcorn, popcorn!
Do you have a favorite way to eat popcorn?
Which popcorn flavor do you like best?
Do you have a favorite popcorn quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments section below.