Feel the joy and let your love grow with our pregnancy announcement quotes!
Announcing a new birth is one of the most exciting experiences in our lives, and we have some of the best selections of pregnancy announcement quotes to remind you why.
You might also like these related articles:
What is a pregnancy announcement?
A pregnancy announcement is a notice traditionally sent to loved ones by the parents-to-be.
The primary purpose of a pregnancy announcement is to inform friends and family that a new child will soon be entering the world.
People use the announcement to inform others so they can choose to support and celebrate the new coming baby and the parents.
People choose to announce their pregnancy when it works for them.
Check out these cool pregnancy announcement facts below:
- Most parents, 23%, announce their pregnancy at 6-7 weeks.
- 1% of parents will announce their pregnancy at 18 weeks or more.
- 5% of couples announce their pregnancy at four weeks pregnant or less.
When should parents announce their pregnancy?
Everyone’s pregnancy and circumstances are unique.
Doctors recommend waiting to announce a pregnancy until the end of the first trimester.
Humans naturally err on the side of caution.
Some people choose to wait because of the chance of a miscarriage, which is most common during the early stages of pregnancy.
At the same time, some parents who experienced miscarriages in the past choose to announce their pregnancy earlier so they can receive support from loved ones in case another miscarriage occurs.
The data on miscarriages is not plentiful.
The U.S National Library of Medicine classifieds a miscarriage as a pregnancy loss that occurs before week 20 of the pregnancy.
Miscarriages are most common during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Many miscarriages go unreported, but the available research suggests that upwards of 50% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage, many before the mother knows she is pregnant.
Known pregnancies result in a miscarriage about 10% of the time.
Despite that data, many new parents still choose to announce their pregnancy early.
Many find comfort in making the announcement, as it makes the new journey of childbirth more authentically real.
Dr. Jane L. Frederick notes that some mothers chose this path because “Letting others know early on is exactly what they need to get support and extra check-ins from loved ones.”
Check out our pregnancy announcement quotes below for fantastic content.
Pregnancy announcement quotes about the magic of a new baby
These quotes express how life changes when we announce our new baby to the world.
1. “Every child behind the world again.” — Henry David Thoreau
2. “Holding my baby is the best drug in the world.” — Kurt Cobain
3. “Like stars are to the sky, so are the children to our world. They deserve to shine!” — Chinonye J. Chidolue
4. “Having a baby is like falling in love again, both with your husband and your child.” — Tina Brown
5. “Children have neither past nor future. They enjoy the present, which very few of us do.” — Jean De La Bruyere
6. “If I am thinking correctly, said Pooh, a new baby is probably, undoubtedly, the grandest gift that could ever be.” — Winnie the Pooh
7. “Now the thing about having a baby – and I can’t be the first person to have noticed this – is that thereafter you have it.” — Jean Kerr
8. “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” — Elizabeth Stone
9. “A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years, and in your heart until the day you die.” — Mary Mason
10. “Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here an hour, I would die for you. This is the miracle of mother’s love.” — Maureen Hawkins
Pregnancy announcement quotes about having a baby from experienced mothers
Mothers have a special bond with the new baby, and these quotes remind us how exciting and challenging it can be to announce being pregnant.
11. “It’s a pretty brutal process, having a baby.” — Rachel Cusk
12. “Somehow, I am really relaxed within the chaos of having a baby.” — Salma Hayek
13. “I am a mother, and I know the feeling of having a baby come out of my gut.” — Eartha Kitt
14. “Anyone who’s a mother knows it’s very hard to relax because there is so much to do and worry about!” — Salma Hayek
15. “Having a baby is one of the most wonderful things in your life, as well as the hardest thing in your life.” — Nuno Bettencourt
16. “Having a baby takes so much from you. It’s the most glorious thing you’ll ever do, but the aftermath is not so glorious!” — Halle Berry
17. “My friends who have babies can’t do anything. You can’t go out at night. Having a baby is like a DUI from the universe.” — Natasha Leggero
18. “I only became a celebrity because I had a kid. Before I was pregnant, nobody cared. I joke to my agent that having a baby made my career.” — Busy Philipps
19. “All those cliches, those things you hear about having a baby and motherhood – all of them are true. And all of them are the most beautiful things you will ever experience.” — Penelope Cruz
20. “It’s a good thing babies don’t give you a lot of time to think. You fall in love with them, and when you realize how much they love you back, life is very simple.” — Anita Diamant
Pregnancy announcement quotes about how having a baby changes our bodies
Announcing our pregnancy is fun, but in real life, there are many changes and adjustments we all have to make, especially when it comes to our physical and mental health.
21. “I’m proof that, even after having a baby, you can look better and sexier than ever!” — Kourtney Kardashian
22. “I like showing moms what it’s really like having a baby, and how it’s not Hollywood life.” — Bethenny Frankel
23. “For me, there’s a big difference between having a baby in your 20s and having a baby in your 40s.” — Jane Kaczmarek
24. “Having a baby is a life-changer. It gives you a whole other perspective on why you wake up every day.” — Taylor Hanson
25. “After having a baby, there will inevitably be something on your body – a mark, a scar, or some loose skin – that wasn’t there before.” — Constance Marie
26. “Everything grows rounder and wider and weirder, and I sit here in the middle of it all and wonder who in the world you will turn out to be.” — Carrie Fisher
27. “Women always ask me how to get back in shape after having a baby. I always say, ‘Know when’s the right time for your workout and commit to doing it.’” — Kourtney Kardashian
28. “I don’t want to scar people with my baby flab. I have this extra skin that’s hanging. I’m in shape, but my skin, from having a baby, is not cute, hanging off of my baby.” — Kendra Wilkinson
29. “It’s a reality that in this business, there’s an expectation of being thin. But having a baby is a reality too, and it’s more important for me to make milk than to fit into those tiny pants. So that’s just going to have to wait.” — Emily Procter
30. “I was so used to seeing so many women in the media flaunting their bodies four weeks after having a baby – and kudos to those who have genes that they can get right back into shape two weeks, four weeks after having a baby. But that never happened to me, and I remember going to my doctor asking why.” — Tia Mowry
Pregnancy announcement quotes for men about having a new baby
Fathers are an essential part of the creation of new life, and these quotes come from experienced dads who know the joys of pregnancy announcements and raising children.
31. “I do not believe having a baby is punishment.” — Allen West
32. “Having a baby dragged me, kicking and screaming, from the world of self-absorption.” — Paul Reiser
33. “A woman can tell me about her having a baby, but I’ll never know what it is to have a baby.” — Paul Mooney
34. “There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings.” — Hodding Carter Jr.
35. “What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.” — Benjamin Spock
36. “There are no words that can describe the euphoria you feel when your baby recognizes you for the first time and smiles.” — Jared Padalecki
37. “My wife and I would be very comfortable having a baby at home or using one of the terrific nurse-midwives at the hospital.” — Chris Bohjalian
38. “Having a baby changes the way you view your in-laws. I love it when they come to visit now. They can hold the baby, and I can go out.” — Matthew Broderick
39. “I wasn’t going to shy away from getting married when I did and having a baby young and starting a family, even with the job that I chose.” — Stephen Curry
40. “I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle.” — Vincent Van Gogh
Pregnancy announcement quotes about how having a baby alters our careers
Announcing our pregnancy comes with celebration and delight, but it also comes with a brand new life path we must adjust to.
41. “I want to make having a baby a personal decision rather than a career-defined one.” — Lizzie Armitstead
42. “To finally get that call from the doctor that you’re pregnant and you’re having a baby. It was just another world.” — Giuliana Rancic
43. “I quite liked having a baby – I think I won’t put it more strongly than that. But I had no intention of allowing motherhood to disrupt my work as an archeologist.” — Mary Leakey
44. “My husband and I were excited about having a kid – it was having a baby that had us worried. We had a lot to learn, so like good liberal arts graduates, we signed up for a class.” — Chelsea Cain
45. “Having a baby had always seemed the easiest and most natural thing to do, and I had never felt – even in my most furtive days of coming out – that being gay would mean I could not become a mother.” — Kara Swisher
46. “I know women at work who don’t talk about having a baby because they don’t want to upset the apple cart, but unless people know what the problems are, why should they engage with it?” — Tamsin Greig
47. “For many women, going back to work a few months after having a baby is overwhelming and unmanageable. As strange as it may seem, things get even more difficult for a working mom after the second and third baby arrive. By that time, the romance of being a modern ‘superwoman’ wears off, and reality sets in.” — Mika Brzezinski
48. “At the age of 16, I was already dreaming of having a baby because I felt myself to be an adult, but my mum forbid it. Right now, I feel like a teenager, and I want to have fun for one or two more years before starting a family.” — Milla Jovovich
49. “Yes, I’m having a baby. I think it’s so hard as a woman to give yourself a break. It’s great to be healthy, but you have to set a good example for your kids and know that it’s not about a number on a scale but how you feel.” — Busy Philipps
50. “Of course, having a baby derails the writing process for some time. And I will be the first to say that I have essentially no social life because there’s just nothing left after being a mom, professor, and writer. I used to be big into rock climbing. No more. A lot falls by the wayside.” — Marie Rutkoski
What is the best way to announce a pregnancy?
Once you learn you are having a baby, your life is going to change.
Announcing a pregnancy is a special time for new parents.
There is no best way to announce the new birth of your baby, but there are some general protocols people follow.
There is no hierarchy list of how you should announce your pregnancy, but considering how this new path will impact you and your community is a good rule of thumb.
If you and your partner did not find out together, your partner would likely be the first person to tell.
Depending on your situation, parents and immediate family are usually next in line to learn the good news.
If the circumstances allow it, informing them in person is always beneficial.
If you live far away from your family, virtual announcements are a great way to make people feel connected.
Next, your closest friends would love to hear the exciting news, followed by your boss or colleagues if you feel compelled.
Do you have a favorite pregnancy announcement quote?
If so, please, be sure to let us know in the comment section below.