Do you know that it’s time to make changes to your health but you struggle with finding the motivation to do it? These health quotes can help.
There are endless benefits that come from leading a healthy life. And, not only is taking care of your health about your physical health, but it also impacts your mental health.
But while the list of reasons you should pay attention to your health is long, it’s still easy to struggle with. Things like eating right and exercising aren’t always the things that we want to do.
So, here are some motivational health sayings to help you make the healthy changes that you will give you the life you desire. If you need to be motivated further, be sure to also check out our collection of quotes on healthy eating.
Motivational health quotes
1. “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen
2. “Health is a state of complete mental, social and physical well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” – World Health Organization, 1948
3. “Focus on health, energy, vitality – not weight.” – Karen Salmansohn
4. “The best six doctors anywhere and no one can deny it are sunshine, water, rest, air, exercise and diet.”- Wayne Fields
5. “Health is a large word. It embraces not the body only, but the mind and spirit as well;…and not today’s pain or pleasure alone, but the whole being and outlook of a man.” – James H. West
6. “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”― Hippocrates
7. “No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.” ― Maimonides
8. “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” – Benjamin Franklin
9. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” – John F. Kennedy
10. “We know that food is a medicine, perhaps the most powerful drug on the planet with the power to cause or cure most disease.” – Dr Mark Hyman
11. “Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.” – Julia Child
12. “Nobody can be in good health if he does not have all the time fresh air, sunshine and good water.” – Flying Hawk
13. “The best doctors give the least medicine.” – Benjamin Franklin
14. “Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.” – Joseph Pilates
15. “To keep the body in good health is a duty…otherwise we shall not be able to keep the mind strong and clear.” – Buddha
16. “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” – Joyce Meyer
17. “It is health that is the real wealth, and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
18. “Healthy citizens are the greatest asset any country can have.” ― Winston Churchill
19. “A healthy body is a guest-chamber for the soul; a sick body is a prison.” – Francis Bacon
20. “You can’t control what goes on outside, but you CAN control what goes on inside.” – Unknown
Health quotes that will make you change your habits
21. “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.” – Mark Twain
22. “When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is correct, medicine is of no need.” – Ayurvedic Proverb
23. “A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.” ― Paul Dudley White
24. “A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.” – Irish proverb
25. “The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will instruct his patients in care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease.” – Thomas Edison
26. “I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health.” – Voltaire
27. “Nurturing yourself is not selfish – it’s essential to your survival and your well-being.” – Renee Peterson Trudeau
28. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” —Jim Rohn
29. “There is no diet that will do what eating healthy does. Skip the diet. Just eat healthy.” – Anonymous
30. “Doctors won’t make you healthy. Nutritionists won’t make you slim. Teachers won’t make you smart. Gurus won’t make you calm. Mentors won’t make you rich. Trainers won’t make you fit. Ultimately, you have to take responsibility. Save yourself.” – Naval Ravikant
Health quotes to inspire and teach
31. “Rest when you’re weary. Refresh and renew yourself, your body, your mind, your spirit. Then get back to work.” — Ralph Marston
32. “To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise.” – Gene Tunney
33. “The sovereign invigorator of the body is exercise, and of all the exercises walking is the best.” – Thomas Jefferson
34. “By choosing healthy over skinny, you are choosing self-love over self-judgement.” —Steve Maraboli
35. “Sorry, there´s no magic bullet. You gotta eat healthy and live healthy to be healthy and look healthy. End of story.” ― Morgan Spurlock
36. “Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” ― Mark Twain
37. “Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far.” – Thomas Jefferson
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of exercise quotes to inspire long term thinking.
38. “There is one consolation in being sick; and that is the possibility that you may recover to a better state than you were ever in before.” – Henry David Thoreau
39. “A sad soul can be just as lethal as a germ.” – John Steinbeck
40. “Eating crappy food isn’t a reward — it’s a punishment.” ― Drew Carey
Insightful health quotes
41. “Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.” – Jules Robson
42. “Your body hears everything your mind says.” – Naomi Judd
43. “Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.” – William Shakespeare
44. “In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.” – Unknown
45. “The mind and body are not separate. what affects one, affects the other.” – Anonymous
46. “When the heart is at ease, the body is healthy.” – Chinese proverb
47. “1 billion people in the world are chronically hungry. 1 billion people are overweight.” ― Mark Bittman
48. “If you’re too busy to workout, your priorities need to change. I can’t think of too many things more important than your health.” – Rolsey
49. “Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
50. “Sickness – nature’s vengeance for violating her laws.” – Charles Simmons
You might also like these vaccine quotes celebrating the power of science and medicine.
More health quotes and sayings
51. “It’s up to you today to start making healthy choices. Not choices that are just healthy for your body, but healthy for your mind.” – Steve Maraboli
52. “Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress.” – Mahatma Gandhi
53. “Just like your body and lifestyle can be healthy or unhealthy, the same is true with your beliefs. Your beliefs can be your medicine or your poison.” – Steve Maraboli
54. “Health is hearty, health is harmony, health is happiness.” – Amit Kalantri
55. “Be healthy by being outdoors in the natural daylight with nature!” – Steven Magee
56. “You are what you eat. What would YOU like to be?” – Julie Murphy
57. “Not knowing that eating something we have just eaten is bad for our health is in some cases good for our health.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
58. “Healthy mind, healthy body.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
59. “The more we see health as a practice rather than as a problem to fix, the more we encourage the body’s natural potential to be healthy.” – Aarti Patel
60. “A Healthy Outside Starts From the Inside.” – Warren Forrest
You can do it!
Getting healthy isn’t always fun, but it’s always worth the effort that you make. You are in control of your health. If you’re struggling, reread over the quotes above and choose one area to focus on in order to start improving your health.
Many times just changing your mindset and thoughts around health is the first place that you need to start. Once you have this in place, doing things like beginning to exercise or choosing healthy foods doesn’t seem quite as hard. Or, when it does, you are still able to focus on the benefits that the work will lead to.
Which of these health quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.