Looking for motivating Stephen Curry quotes?
After a remarkable year, Stephen Curry is a champion, league MVP and a household name.
Curry’s work ethic, confidence and willingness to take the big shot led him to being incredibly effective and a whole lot of fun to watch.
Enjoy some of our favorite Stephen Curry quotes from this bonafide superstar!
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Inspirational Stephen Curry Quotes
1. “Every time I rise up, I have confidence that I’m going to make it.” – Stephen Curry
You will also enjoy our article on faith quotes.
2. “I’m not the guy who’s afraid of failure. I like to take risks, take the big shot and all that.” – Stephen Curry
3. “I try to make it look easy, but the behind-the-scenes stuff is the challenge.” – Stephen Curry
You will also enjoy our article on basketball quotes.
4. “There’s more to me than just this jersey I wear.” – Stephen Curry
5. “Basketball was mine, and that’s what carried me to this point.” – Stephen Curry
6. “Success is born out of faith, an undying passion, and a relentless drive.” – Stephen Curry
7. “Success comes after you conquer your biggest obstacles and hurdles.” – Stephen Curry
8. “Control your own destiny! Control your own destiny!” – Stephen Curry
9. “I always have an optimistic view, no matter what it is.” – Stephen Curry
10. “I can’t say enough, how important my faith is to how I play the game and who I am.” – Stephen Curry
11. “Be the best version of yourself in anything you do. You don’t have to live anybody else’s story.” – Stephen Curry
12. “Being a superstar means you’ve reached your potential, and I don’t think I’ve reached my potential as a basketball player and as a leader yet.” – Stephen Curry
13. “Basketball isn’t just a sport. It is an art, one that must be mastered to succeed.” – Stephen Curry
14. “If you don’t fall how are you going to know what getting up is like.” – Stephen Curry
15. “Make sure you live in the moment and work your butt off every single day, and I hope I inspire people all around the world to just be themselves, be humble and be grateful for all the blessings in your life.” – Stephen Curry
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of living life in the moment quotes that will remind you to enjoy life today.
16. “Success is not an accident, success is actually a choice.” – Stephen Curry
Motivational Stephen Curry quotes
17. “I really cherish everything that basketball brings; and I think, for me, it’s been a great ride and I’m not done yet…” – Stephen Curry
18. “I try and use every game as an opportunity to witness… When I step on the floor people should know who I represent, who I believe in.” – Stephen Curry
19. “I know I have a place in Heaven waiting for me because of Him, and that’s something no earthly prize or trophy could ever top.” – Stephen Curry
20. “I can get better. I haven’t reached my ceiling yet on how well I can shoot the basketball.” – Stephen Curry
21. “I’d rather be a non-All-Star playing in the Western Conference finals than an All-Star who’s sitting at home in May.” – Stephen Curry
22. “If you take time to realize what your dream is and wha you really want in life — no matter what it is, whether it’s sports or in other fields — you have to realize that there is always work to do, and you want to be the hardest working person in whatever you do, and you put yourself in a position to be successful. And you have to have a passion about what you do.” – Stephen Curry
23. “There’s more to life than basketball. The most important thing is your family and taking care of each other and loving each other no matter what.” – Stephen Curry
More Stephen Curry quotes and sayings
24. “We overload in our workouts so that the game slows down in real life. It helps you become a smarter basketball player.”- Stephen Curry
25. “I’ve never been afraid of big moments. I get butterflies.. I get nervous and anxious, but I think those are all good signs that I’m ready for the moment.” – Stephen Curry
26. “I learned how quickly I actually released my shot off the dribble. I know that’s something I work on, and really use in games, but I didn’t know exactly how quick it was, down to like the millisecond.”- Stephen Curry
27. “For me, when you are have people wondering what is next, what is coming out, you are on the right track.” – Stephen Curry
28. “The more years I go, the more experience I have, the more that nutrition and eating the right foods is important for recovery and things like that.”- Stephen Curry
29. “I do a little sign on the court every time I make a shot or a good pass and i pound my chest and point to the sky – it symbolizes that I have a heart for God. It’s something that my mom and I came up with in college and I do it every time i step on the floor as a reminder of who I’m playing for.” – Stephen Curry
30. “I want to practice to the point where it’s almost uncomfortable how fast you shoot, so that in the game things kind of slow down.” – Stephen Curry
31. “Everybody asks if putting is like shooting free throws. It has a very similar kind of mindset. And it’s just you, the ball, and the target.” – Stephen Curry
32. “Sometimes people make it seem like you have to have certain prerequisites or a crazy life story in order to be successful in this world. But the truth is you really don’t.” – Stephen Curry
33. “To excel at the highest level – or any level, really – you need to believe in yourself, and hands down, one of the biggest contributors to my self-confidence has been private coaching.” – Stephen Curry
Stephen Curry – Motivational Video
What other Stephen Curry quotes would you add to the list?
Check out Stephen Curry on MasterClass where he teaches Shooting, Ball-Handling, and Scoring.