This collection of Princess Diaries quotes comes from the movie and the books.
The Princess Diaries is a coming-of-age story about Mia Thermopolis, an American teenager who discovers she is actually the princess of Genovia in Europe.
This tale was originally published as a series of young adult novels written by Meg Cabot before being adapted into a movie starring Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews.
Have you read The Princess Diaries books or watched The Princess Diaries movie before?
However you’re familiar with this incredible story, you’ll love this collection of inspirational quotes.
Reading through this list of famous lines will make you fall in love with the characters of this world all over again.
This story is a fun adventure and also an inspirational tale of bravery and authenticity.
Share these Princess Diaries quotes with your friends and family to brighten their day.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Princess Diaries movie quotes
1. “See, if I were Princess of Genovia, then my thoughts and the thoughts of people smarter than me would be much better heard, and just maybe those thoughts could be turned into actions. So this morning when I woke up, I was Mia Thermopolis. But now I choose to be forevermore, Amelia Mignonette Thermopolis Renaldi, Princess of Genovia.” – Mia Thermopolis
2. “From now on you’ll be traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be. The key is to allow yourself to make the journey.” – Edward Renaldi
3. “Just in case I wasn’t enough of a freak already, let’s add a tiara!” – Mia Thermopolis
4. “It’s not appropriate for royalty to jingle.” – Queen Clarisse Renaldi
5. “I don’t feel protected. You try living for 15 years thinking that you’re one person, and then in five minutes, you find out you’re a princess.” – Mia Thermopolis
6. “No matter how many times you press that, it will still go up and down the same way.” – Joe
7. “Please don’t crush my soy nuts.” – Mia Thermopolis
8. “The student body may be morally bankrupt, but that doesn’t mean they’re blind!” – Lilly Moscovitz
9. “I don’t want to rule my own country, I just want to pass the tenth grade.” – Mia Thermopolis
10. “It was just last night that San Francisco’s own little princess partied at the beach. But what started out as innocent fun, soon turned into allegedly, too much fun.” – Suki Sanchez
11. “No longer does Mia stand for missing in action, Genovia has a new princess!” – Nelson Davenport
12. “I have never put on pantihose before, but it sounds dangerous.” – Joe
13. “You have a cousin who’s a contessa. Fondly known as Bartholomew. Actually, we call him Pookie.” – Queen Clarisse Renaldi
14. “I can’t be a princess! I’m still waiting for normal body parts to arrive!” – Mia Thermopolis
15. “Normally I get so nervous that I faint or run away, or sometimes I even get sick. But you really didn’t need to know that… but I’m not so afraid anymore. See, my father helped me. Earlier this evening, I had every intention of giving up my claim to the throne. And my mother helped me, by telling me it was ok, and by supporting me like she has for my entire life. But then I wondered how I’d feel after abdicating my role as Princess of Genovia. Would I feel relieved, or would I feel sad? And then I realized how many stupid times a day I use the word ‘I.’ And probably all I ever do is think about myself. And how lame is that when there’s like seven billion other people out there on the planet, and… sorry, I’m going too fast. But then I thought, if I cared about the other seven billion out there, instead of just me, that’s probably a much better use of my time.” – Mia Thermopolis
You will also enjoy our article on Joe Dirt quotes.
More Princess Diaries quotes from the movies
16. “Is your mom dating an undertaker?” – Lilly Moscovitz
17. “You know, most kids hope for a car for their 16th birthday, not a country!” – Mia Thermopolis
18. “Somebody sat on me again!” – Mia Thermopolis
19. “I love your eyebrows. We’ll call them Frieda and Kahlo. If Brooke Shields married Groucho Marx, their child would have your eyebrows!” – Paolo
20. “Everybody’s got pre-coronation jitters, including me. Everybody that is, except Fat Louie. He’s totally adapted to being a royal. I guess he was one all along.” – Mia Thermopolis
21. “I’m taking your charm off of my charm bracelet and it’s going in the dirt!” – Lilly Moscovitz
22. “Princess, look out the window… and welcome to Genovia.” – Joe
23. “Oh, come on, girls! It’s a ball, not a snake. Back information!” – Vice Principal Gupta
24. “Tell me, how does my mother, or any person for that matter, go into a parent/teacher conference and come out with a date?” – Mia Thermopolis
25. “This is a non-riot hearse. If it were a hearse, there would be silence in the backseat.” – Joe
What are your favorite Princess Diaries quotes from the books and movie?
The story of Mia Thermopolis learning to accept herself is an inspirational and endearing tale.
As this teenager tries to navigate the world of royalty, she also discovers her own hopes and dreams.
These Princess Diaries quotes will make you believe that anything is possible as long as you remain true to yourself.
The Princess Diaries books first explored the incredible world of Genovia and introduced us all to Mia Thermopolis.
Then, the story was adapted into a film and eventually even inspired a sequel, The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement.
This collection of Princess Diaries quotes covers the entire story of Mia Thermopolis across the books and films.
Whether you’re a fan of the novels or movies, you’ll love these amazing quotes.
What are your favorite Princess Diaries quotes and lines about courage and authenticity?
Let us know in the comment section below.