The movie might be 25 years old already, but you’ll still enjoy these Jerry Maguire quotes.
Jerry Maguire was a movie that premiered in 1996 and was highly successful.
It follows the story of sports agent Jerry Maguire, played by Tom Cruise, who decides to shift his career to focus on quality over quantity.
While it seems like a great idea, it proves to be more difficult than he imagined.
He loses his job and finance and has a difficult time moving forward.
Renee Zellweger and Cuba Gooding Jr co-star in the movie along with Tom Cruise.
The film was nominated for more than 40 awards and won 26, including an Oscar.
Enjoy these Jerry Maguire quotes and lines from the 1990s hit film.
Don’t forget to also check out these hilarious Talladega Nights quotes on winning.
Jerry Maguire Quotes about Love and Relationships
1. “I am out here for you. You don’t know what it’s like to be me out here for you. It is an up-at-dawn, pride-swallowing siege that I will never fully tell you about.” – Jerry
2. “The key to this business is personal relationships.” – Dicky
3. “It’s not “show friends.” It’s show business.” – Bob
4. “Don’t cry at the beginning of a date. Cry at the end, like I do.” – Laurel
5. “On the surface, everything seems fine. I’ve got this great guy. And he loves my kid. And he sure does like me a lot. And I can’t live like that. It’s not the way I’m built.” – Dorothy
6. “Anyone else would have left you by now, but I’m sticking with you.” – Rod
7. “Everybody loves you. Pisses me off.” – Ethan
8. “I’m incapable of small talk.” – Laurel
9. “If you ever want me to be with another woman for you, I’d do it. It’s not something I’m interested in.” – Avery
10. “I love him! I love him for the man he wants to be. And I love him for the man he almost is.” – Dorothy
11. “Maybe love shouldn’t be such hard work.” – Dorothy
12. “I love you. You… complete me.” – Jerry
13. “First, single mothers don’t “date.” They have been to the circus, you know what I’m saying?” – Rod
14. “Friends can tell each other anything if we have our “friends” hats on, right?” – Jerry
Jerry Maguire Quotes about The Reality of Growing-Up and Responsibilities
15. “Look at me, I’m the oldest 26-year-old in the world.” – Dorothy
16. “I got a shelf life of ten years, tops. My next contract’s gotta bring me the dollars that’ll last me and mine a long time. Shit, I’m out of this sport in 5 years. What’s my family gonna live on?” – Rod
17. “You are hanging on by a very thin thread and I dig that about you!” – Rod
18. “That’s how you become great, man. Hang your balls out there!” – Clerk
19. “There is no real loyalty, and the first person who taught me that was you.” – Avery
20. “This is not a guy. It’s a syndrome. Early mid-life. Hanging on to the bottom wrong.” – Laurel
21. “Do you want this jacket? I don’t need it. I’m cloaked in failure!” – Jerry
22. “Show me the money!” – Jerry/Rod
23. “First class, that’s what’s wrong. It used to be a better meal, now it’s a better life.” – Dorothy
24. “But if anybody else wants to come with me, this moment will be the ground floor of something real and fun and inspiring and true in this godforsaken business and we will do it together!” – Jerry
25. “I hated myself… no, I hated my place in the world.” – Jerry
You might also like these Mamma Mia quotes from the musical romantic comedy.
Which of these Jerry Maguire quotes is your favorite?
If you’re a fan of Tom Cruise and haven’t watched this movie before, you may want to add it to your list.
Many people thought this was the best role that he had played at the time the film was released.
It was praised both for its writing and the acting.
If you saw the movie when it first came out, it may be one that you want to watch again.
It includes drama, a little humor, and romance.
There seems to be something for everyone to enjoy, not to mention a star-studded lineup of actors and actresses.
Did you enjoy these Jerry Maguire quotes and lines?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:07 AM EST