If you love learning about Vikings, you will love these Ragnar Lothbrok quotes!
Ragnar Lothbrok, who is also known as Regner or Lodbrok, was a legendary Viking King who led the Vikings into many victorious battles.
His name is legendary, and although some details of his life are unknown, he is perceived as being a strong leader and king of the Vikings.
His life is chronicled in many adaptations, with the latest well-known being in “The History Channel” series called Vikings, where Ragnar is the main character for the first four seasons.
Ragnar earned his legendary status through his many victorious battles against the British Isle and the Holy Roman Empire.
He was said to be a large, strong, and good-looking man who married twice and had many strong sons who would lead the Vikings after Ragnar’s death.
Take a look at these Ragnar Lothbrok quotes to learn more about the legendary Viking.
The Best Ragnar Lothbrok Quotes from History Channel’s Vikings
Check out the best Ragnar quotes from the hit television series Vikings!
1. “Who wants to be king?” — Ragnar Lothbrok
2. “My death comes without apology!” — Ragnar Lothbrok
3. “In my mind, I wish I had never left the farm.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
4. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
5. “We fight. That is how we win, and that is how we die.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
6. “Don’t waste your time looking back. You’re not going that way.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
7. “No man can walk through life without things happening to him.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
8. “Everyone will always underestimate you… make them pay for it.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
9. “I would worry less about the gods and more about the fury of a patient man.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
10. “You do not think like other men. You’re unpredictable, and that will serve you well.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
Powerful Ragnar Lothbrok Quotes
Check out these powerful and moving Ragnar Lothbrok Quotes!
11. “The world is changing, and we must change with it.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
12. “Power is dangerous. It corrupts the best and attracts the worst.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
13. “Odin gave his eye to acquire knowledge…but I would give far more.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
14. “Power is only given to those who are prepared to lower themselves to pick it up.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
15. “But unhappiness is more common than happiness. Who told you you should be happy?” — Ragnar Lothbrok
16. “I always believed that death is a fate far better than life, for you will be reunited with lost loved ones” — Ragnar Lothbrok
17. “In my world, it is believed that the day of your death is fated. Would you like to know the day of your death?” — Ragnar Lothbrok
Legendary Ragnar Lothbrok Quotes
Enjoy these legendary Ragnar quotes!
18. “You don’t need a title to be a leader.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
19. “It is one thing to use a weapon, but another to kill.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
20. “I don’t know how I am going to win. I just know I’m not going to lose.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
21. “In my world, I am constantly torn between killing myself or everyone around me.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
22. “A man does two things: He fights to conquer and preserve, and he looks after his family.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
23. “We are all fated to die on a certain day, yes? But, it is our own choice to do as we please until that day comes.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
24. “They say that a man must love his sons more, but a man can be jealous of his sons, and his daughter can always be the light in his life.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
25. “The champion who comes into Odin’s dwelling [Valhalla] does not lament his death. I shall not enter his hall with words of fear upon my lips.” — Ragnar Lothbrok
How Did Ragnar Die?
Legend has it that when Ragnar sought to show that he could conquer England with only two ships, his ego got the best of him.
He was captured by King Aella of Northumbria and then killed by being thrown into a snake pit.
His sons then led nine battles against the Saxons in revenge for their father’s death before both sides eventually agreed on a truce.
Please share these Ragnar Lothbrok quotes with others by clicking the share button!
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Discover how to unleash the beast within you to achieve your desired success. There’s a beast in you, and it is waiting for you to set it free!
Here’s how to get involved in social issues you care about. You can make things better for people in situations where they are powerless.
Confused or wondering about what to do next in life? These five steps can help you on your way to figuring out your next steps.
Want to have a legacy of strength and superhero status? Here are eight steps to becoming your own superhero and achieving personal growth.
Check out these related quote articles:
There’s only one way to get better in life; these training quotes will show you how.
There is always hope and magic in the world if you simply know where to look for it.
Sometimes thinking outside of the box has the power to open a window of opportunity you may never have realized.
This biographical sports movie is based on the true story of African-American coach Herman Boone, who integrated the T. C. Williams High School football team in Alexandria, Virginia in 1971.