If you were a fan of the show and these Sex and the City quotes, share your favorites in the comments.
Sex and the City is a romantic comedy-drama series based on a 1997 book of the same name.
The series premiered in the United States in 1998 and lasted until February 22, 2004, making it one of American television’s successful comedy-drama series.
It is set in New York City and follows the lives of 4 inseparable friends and their ever-changing sex lives.
The series revolves around multiple themes of contemporary issues such as sexuality, sex education, safe sex, promiscuity, and femininity.
The show managed to deliver these topics while masterfully exploring the difference between friendships and romantic relationships.
These Sex and the City quotes will remind you of some of the best lines in the series.
Don’t forget to also check out these Sex Education quotes from the teen comedy and drama series.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Sex and the City quotes from Miranda
1. “Relationships are not about playing games. They’re about mature and honest communication.” — Miranda
2. “We whine when we don’t have a boyfriend and we whine when we do.” — Miranda
3. “It’s like those guys you have a great second date with and then you never hear from them again. I pretend they die.” — Miranda
4. “Sexy is the thing I try to get them to see me as after I win them over with my personality.” — Miranda
5. “I want to enjoy my success, not apologize for it.” — Miranda
6. “You’re my people.” — Miranda
7. “He’s just not that into you. So move on.” — Miranda
8. “Last night, Steve and I held hands for an hour and a half watching the fire. He was looking into my eyes, I was looking for the remote.” — Miranda
9. “Do any of you have a completely unremarkable friend or maybe a houseplant I could go to dinner with on Saturday night?” — Miranda
10. “You two are crazy to get married. Marriage ruins everything.” — Miranda
11. “Sometimes, as much as I love Brady, being a mother just isn’t enough. I miss my job.” — Miranda
12. “What’s the big mystery? It’s my clitoris, not the Sphinx.” — Miranda
13. “He has one ball, and I have a lazy ovary! In what twisted world does that create a baby? It’s like the Special Olympics of conception.” — Miranda
Sex and the City quotes from Charlotte
14. “I’ve been dating since I was 15. I’m exhausted! Where is he?!” — Charlotte
15. “Allow me to get right to the point. After careful consideration, I have decided that this is the year I am getting married.” — Charlotte
16. “I don’t care if you ever marry me. I just want to be with you.” — Charlotte
17. “I’m pretty and I’m smart. I’m a catch.” — Charlotte
18. “Do you know how lucky you are to have me?!” — Charlotte
19. “Maybe we could be each other’s soulmates and then we can let men be these great, nice guys to have fun with.” — Charlotte
20. “I read that if you don’t have sex for a year, you can actually become ‘revirginized.'” — Charlotte
21. “We finally have the penis working. I don’t want to scare it.” — Charlotte
22. “I curse the day you were born!” — Charlotte
23. “Trey, you have a boner…I can’t discuss my notes if you have a boner.” — Charlotte
Sex and the City quotes from Samantha
24. “I don’t understand why women are so obsessed with getting married? I mean married people just want to be single again, if you’re single the world is your smorgasbord.” — Samantha
25. “It’s so interesting, you can tell a man ‘I hate you’ and you’ll have the best sex of your life. But tell him ‘I love you,’ and you’ll probably never see him again.” — Samantha
Which of these Sex and the City quotes is your favorite?
Sex and the City gave funny and fearsome wisdom about dating, love, and friendship.
It dominated the shows on HBO for a long period of time.
In fact, the characters have been our best friends for a long period of time and accompanied us through the chaotic phase of our lives.
This show teaches us that it is ok to be different, and it is much better to be yourself together with friends and people that truly matter.
Despite portraying glamorous lifestyles and material things, the series exemplified that genuine love and acceptance bring happiness and true wealth.
So, today is a good time to catch up with your friends and share these Sex and the City quotes and sayings with them.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST