Our latest collection of happiness quotes on Everyday Power.
We all have times when we can use some amazing quotes about happiness in our lives.
A day that we are a little gloomy and down. A time when we just need a positive thought to life us out of the fog. Because we want you to be happier, below is a list of quotes about happiness for you to use when you need a little injection of happiness. Keep them somewhere that you can see them easily and keep them accessible.
We also have a collection of funny inspirational quotes about life. Be sure to read that as well.
Best Happiness Quotes About Life and Love
1. “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap.’
If you want happiness for a day — go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.” – Chinese Proverb
2. “It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” – L.M. Montgomery
3. “The only joy in the world is to begin.” – Cesare Pavese
4. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Herman Cain
5. “The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others.” – Aesop
6. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Quotes about happiness and change in your life
7. “Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change.” – Friedrich Schiller
8. “Happiness is acceptance.” – Unknown
9. “The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.” – Ashley Montagu
10. “I’d far rather be happy than right any day.” – Douglas Adams
11. “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.” – Confucius
Also, read these laughter quotes proving why it’s the best medicine.
Happy quotes about daily life
12. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
13. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
14. “Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.” – Benjamin Disraeli
15. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” –Oscar Wilde
16. “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.” – James M. Barrie
17. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.” – Stacey Charter
You might also like these heart touching quotes celebrating love and life.
Quotes on happiness and our choices
18. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
19. “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” – Martha Washington
20. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
21. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
22. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” – James Oppenheim
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these beauty quotes about the amazing life that is all around us.
Quotes on being happy, right here and right now
23. “Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.” – Winnie the Pooh
24. “Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy.” –Heraclitus
25. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
26. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” – Marthe Troly-Curtin
27. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
28. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
29. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.” – Dale Carnegie
Don’t forget to also check out these smile quotes to elevate your mood.
Be Happy quotes that make pain less distracting
30. “We begin from the recognition that all beings cherish happiness and do not want suffering. It then becomes both morally wrong and pragmatically unwise to pursue only one’s own happiness oblivious to the feelings and aspirations of all others who surround us as members of the same human family. The wiser course is to think of others when pursuing our own happiness.” – Dalai Lama
31. “Happiness is something that comes into our lives through doors we don’t even remember leaving open.” – Rose Lane
32. “Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.” – Dennis Waitley
33. “Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed.” – Unknown
34. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Frederick Keonig
You might also like these funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
Happy life quotes about not blaming others for our problems
35. “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” –Albert Ellis
36. “There are more things to alarm us than to harm us, and we suffer more often in apprehension than reality.” – Seneca
37. “If men would consider not so much wherein they differ, as wherein they agree, there would be far less of uncharitableness and angry feeling in the world.” – Joseph Addison
38. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” – Groucho Marx
39. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
40. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” – Aristotle
Don’t forget to also read these funny inspirational quotes celebrating life, love & struggles.
Happiness quotes about moving on and pushing forward
41. “A smile puts you on the right track. A smile makes the world a beautiful place. When you lose your smile, you lose your way in the chaos of life.”― Roy T. Bennett
42. “My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”― Ayn Rand
43. “Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind.”― Daphne Du Maurier
44. “Nothing makes a person happier than having a happy heart.”― Roy T. Bennett
45. “Happiness is not a goal…it’s a by-product of a life well lived.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
46. “It is sometimes easier to be happy if you don’t know everything.”― Alexander McCall Smith
47. “The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely.”― Louisa May Alcott
48. “It is a happiness to wonder; — it is a happiness to dream.”― Edgar Allan Poe
49. “Happiness consists in frequent repetition of pleasure.”― Arthur Schopenhauer
50. “Happiness depends on being free, and freedom depends on being courageous.”― Marie Rutkoski
You’ll also love these great quotes about life, success, love and family.
Happiness quotes that will make your day
51. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
52. “Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while.” – Unknown
53. “That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.” – Henry David Thoreau
54. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus
55. “Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.” – Maxim Gorky
56. “Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.” – Buddha
57. “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.” – Marcel Pagnol
58. “Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.” – William Feather
59. “To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.” – Albert Camus
60. “To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness.” – Mary Stuart
Don’t forget to also check out these love quotes to best express your feelings.
More happiness quotes and sayings
61. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters.” – Audrey Hepburn
62. “Happiness is holding someone in your arms and knowing you hold the whole world.” – Orhan Pamuk
63. “They’ve got no idea what happiness is, they don’t know that without this love there is no happiness or unhappiness for us–there is no life.” – Leo Tolstoy
64. “Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.” – Bob Marley
65. “You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.” – Wayne Dyer
66. “Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.” – Jacques Prévert
67. “We have no more right to consume happiness without producing it than to consume wealth without producing it.” – George Bernard Shaw
68. “Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes.” – Charles Dickens
69. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
70. “Helping others is the secret sauce to a happy life.” – Todd Stocker
You’ll also love these new friends quotes celebrating our ability to make adult friends.
Which happiness quotes were your favorite?
What other quotes about happiness would you add to the list? Tell us in the comment section below!!
March 31, 2021 6:00 AM EST