Happiness Quotes When You Need More Joy and Love In Life
February 28, 2023 5:00 AM EST
Our latest collection of happiness quotes on Everyday Power.
We all have times when we can use some amazing quotes about happiness in our lives.
You may also enjoy our article on:
Research by the University of Pennsylvania found that people who read inspirational quotes for just 15 minutes a day reported feeling more motivated and inspired in their daily lives.
Try incorporating some love and happiness quotes into your daily routine for a similar effect.
A day that we are a little gloomy and down.
A time when we just need a positive thought to life us out of the fog.
Because we want you to be happier, below is a list of quotes about happiness for you to use when you need a little injection of happiness.
Keep them somewhere that you can see them easily and keep them accessible.
We also have a collection of funny inspirational quotes about life.
Be sure to read that as well.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our inspirational quotes category page for more inspirational life quotes.
Best Happiness Quotes About Life and Love
According to research by the University of Exeter, reading inspiring quotes can increase creativity and innovation by up to 50%.
Use some happiness quotes to unlock your creative potential and experience more joy and love in your life
1. “What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others.” – Confucius
You will also enjoy our article on love of my life quotes.
2. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” –Oscar Wilde
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being happy.
3. “Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.” – Dennis Waitley
You will also enjoy our article on motivating pictures with quotes.
4. “The only joy in the world is to begin.” – Cesare Pavese
You will also enjoy our article on happy quotes about life.
5. “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” – Aristotle
You will also enjoy our article on free quotes.
6. “The unhappy derive comfort from the misfortunes of others.” – Aesop
Quotes about happiness and change in your life
A study by the University of Texas found that reading inspirational quotes can decrease stress levels and promote a sense of calm, leading to greater feelings of joy and love.
Take a break from your busy schedule to read some happiness quotes and give yourself a moment of peace.
7. “Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change.” – Friedrich Schiller
You will also enjoy our article on beautiful smile quotes.
8. “Nothing makes a person happier than having a happy heart.”― Roy T. Bennett
You will also enjoy our article on mental health quotes.
9. “Happiness is not a goal…it’s a by-product of a life well lived.”― Eleanor Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on Shawn Achor quotes.
10. “I’d far rather be happy than right any day.” – Douglas Adams
You will also enjoy our article on contentment quotes.
11. “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap.’
If you want happiness for a day — go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.” – Chinese Proverb
Also, read these laughter quotes proving why it’s the best medicine.
Happy quotes about daily life
12. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
You will also enjoy our article on Dr. Seuss quotes.
13. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
You will also enjoy our article on Gretchen Rubin quotes.
14. “Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action.” – Benjamin Disraeli
You will also enjoy our article on happy holidays quotes.
15. “It’s been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” – L.M. Montgomery
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about helping others.
16. “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.” – James M. Barrie
17. “Don’t rely on someone else for your happiness and self-worth. Only you can be responsible for that. If you can’t love and respect yourself – no one else will be able to make that happen. Accept who you are – completely; the good and the bad – and make changes as YOU see fit – not because you think someone else wants you to be different.” – Stacey Charter
You might also like these heart touching quotes celebrating love and life.
Quotes on happiness and our choices
18. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
19. “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” – Martha Washington
20. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
21. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
22. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” – James Oppenheim
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these beauty quotes about the amazing life that is all around us.
Quotes on being happy, right here and right now
23. “Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.” – Winnie the Pooh
24. “Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy.” –Heraclitus
25. “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” – Robert A. Heinlein
26. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” – Marthe Troly-Curtin
27. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
28. “No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
29. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.” – Dale Carnegie
Don’t forget to also check out these smile quotes to elevate your mood.
Be Happy quotes that make pain less distracting
30. “We begin from the recognition that all beings cherish happiness and do not want suffering. It then becomes both morally wrong and pragmatically unwise to pursue only one’s own happiness oblivious to the feelings and aspirations of all others who surround us as members of the same human family. The wiser course is to think of others when pursuing our own happiness.” – Dalai Lama
31. “Happiness is something that comes into our lives through doors we don’t even remember leaving open.” – Rose Lane
32. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Herman Cain
33. “Happiness is the art of never holding in your mind the memory of any unpleasant thing that has passed.” – Unknown
34. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Frederick Keonig
You might also like these funny sister quotes celebrating unconditional love.
Happy life quotes about not blaming others for our problems
35. “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” –Albert Ellis
36. “There are more things to alarm us than to harm us, and we suffer more often in apprehension than reality.” – Seneca
37. “If men would consider not so much wherein they differ, as wherein they agree, there would be far less of uncharitableness and angry feeling in the world.” – Joseph Addison
38. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” – Groucho Marx
39. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
40. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Don’t forget to also read these funny inspirational quotes celebrating life, love & struggles.
Happiness quotes about moving on and pushing forward
41. “A smile puts you on the right track. A smile makes the world a beautiful place. When you lose your smile, you lose your way in the chaos of life.”― Roy T. Bennett
42. “My happiness is not the means to any end. It is the end. It is its own goal. It is its own purpose.”― Ayn Rand
43. “Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind.”― Daphne Du Maurier
44. “Happiness is acceptance.” – Unknown
45. “The moments of happiness we enjoy take us by surprise. It is not that we seize them, but that they seize us.” – Ashley Montagu
46. “It is sometimes easier to be happy if you don’t know everything.”― Alexander McCall Smith
47. “The power of finding beauty in the humblest things makes home happy and life lovely.”― Louisa May Alcott
48. “It is a happiness to wonder; — it is a happiness to dream.”― Edgar Allan Poe
49. “Happiness consists in frequent repetition of pleasure.”― Arthur Schopenhauer
50. “Happiness depends on being free, and freedom depends on being courageous.”― Marie Rutkoski
You’ll also love these great quotes about life, success, love and family.
Happiness quotes that will make your day
51. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
52. “Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while.” – Unknown
53. “That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.” – Henry David Thoreau
54. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus
55. “Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.” – Maxim Gorky
56. “Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.” – Buddha
57. “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.” – Marcel Pagnol
58. “Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.” – William Feather
59. “To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.” – Albert Camus
60. “To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness.” – Mary Stuart
Don’t forget to also check out these love quotes to best express your feelings.
More happiness quotes and sayings
61. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters.” – Audrey Hepburn
62. “Happiness is holding someone in your arms and knowing you hold the whole world.” – Orhan Pamuk
63. “They’ve got no idea what happiness is, they don’t know that without this love there is no happiness or unhappiness for us–there is no life.” – Leo Tolstoy
64. “Just because you are happy it does not mean that the day is perfect but that you have looked beyond its imperfections.” – Bob Marley
65. “You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.” – Wayne Dyer
66. “Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.” – Jacques Prévert
67. “We have no more right to consume happiness without producing it than to consume wealth without producing it.” – George Bernard Shaw
68. “Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes.” – Charles Dickens
69. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” – Margaret Lee Runbeck
70. “Helping others is the secret sauce to a happy life.” – Todd Stocker
You’ll also love these new friends quotes celebrating our ability to make adult friends.
Happiness Quotes to Help You Find Purpose in Life
71. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” — Dalai Lama
72. “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” — John Lennon
73. “Get busy living or get busy dying.” — Stephen King
74. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
75. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
76. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” – Albert Einstein
77. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – Babe Ruth
78. “Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.” — Will Smith
79. “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” — Seneca
80. “The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one’s destiny to do, and then do it.” – Henry Ford
Check out our collection of choose joy quotes if you enjoy this article.
Love & Happiness Quotes To Always Be Joyful
81. “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.” ― W. P. Kinsella
82. “Be happy with what you have and are, be generous with both, and you won’t have to hunt for happiness.” ― William E. Gladstone
83. “Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than your own.” — H. Jackson Brown Jr
84. “In order to be happy oneself, it is necessary to make at least one other person happy.” ― Theodor Reik
85. “It’s not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes us happy.” ― Charles Spurgeon
86. “The happiness you feel is in direct proportion with the love you give.” — Oprah Winfrey
87. “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.” ― Oliver Wendell Holmes
88. “Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” — Jim Rohn
89. “Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” ― Ayn Rand
90. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” ― Marcel Proust
Happiness Quotes That Will Make You Love Your Life
91. “There is no path to happiness; happiness is the path.” — Buddha
92. “I have chosen to be happy because it’s good for my health.” — Voltaire
93. “No medicine cures what happiness cannot.” — Gabriel García Márquez
94. “True happiness is… to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
95. “Take responsibility of your own happiness, never put it in other people’s hands.”
― Roy T. Bennett
96. “The secret of happiness, you see is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.” — Socrates
97. “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” — Steve Maraboli
98. “A great obstacle to happiness is to expect too much happiness.” — Bernard de Fontenelle
99. “Happiness is a journey, not a destination.” — Buddha
100. “Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open.” — John Barrymore
Happiness Quote About Life To Live in Joy
101. “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness— it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” ― Brené Brown
102. “Happiness is as a butterfly, which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.” ― Nathaniel Hawthorne
103. “Happiness is like mana; it is to be gathered in grains and enjoyed everyday. It will not keep; it cannot be accumulated.” ― Tyron Edwards
104. “We cannot find happiness until we forget to seek for it.” ― Henry Van Dyke
105. “The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions— the little, soon-forgotten charities of a kiss or smile, a kind look or heartfelt compliment.” ― Samuel Taylor Coleridge
106. “Happiness is a way station between too little and too much.” ― Channing Pollock
107. “To be happy is not the purpose of our being, but to deserve happiness.” ― Fichte
108. “All happiness is a chance encounter and at every moment presents itself to you like a beggar by the roadside.” ― Andre Gide
109. “Talk happiness. The world is sad enough without your woe. No path is wholly rough.” ― Ella Wheeler Wilcox
110. “The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness.” ― Eric Hoffer
Happiness Quotes on Love Life To Feel Content About Yourself
111. “Seek to do good, and you will find that happiness will run after you.” ― James Freeman Clarke
112. “Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances.” ― Benjamin Franklin
113. “Make happiness a habit. Be so happy you drive the devil stark-raving mad.” ― Joyce Meyer
114. “Your feelings come from where you find your hope. Where is your happiness and your significance?” ― Timothy Keller
115. “Happiness is not best achieved by those who seek it directly.” ― Bertrand Russell
116. “I have learned to seek my happiness by limiting my desires, rather than in attempting to satisfy them.” ― John Stuart Mill
117. “Happiness comes only when we push our brains and hearts to the farthest reaches of which we are capable.” ― Leo Rosten
118. “The secret of happiness is to admire without desiring.” ― Carl Sandburg
119. “Happiness is always a by-product. It is probably a matter of temperament, and for anything I know it may be glandular.” ― Robertson Davies
120. “Happiness lies in a large measure of self-forgetfulness, either in work . . . or in the love of others. ” ― Everett Ruess
Which happiness quotes were your favorite?
What other quotes about happiness would you add to the list?
Tell us in the comment section below!!
October 25, 2018 at 1:01 PM
Amazed at the happiness waves and sparks felt here. Sharing happiness with a special soul that identifies with, embraces & promotes the love of life and positive advocacy is the greatest gift. The elixer of a lifetime for the pair fortunate to have discovered, nourished, and sustain shared cosmos so rare.
In regards to 42: “Touch me once, Touched me for a lifetime.”
Always worthwhile, My darling,slow to process first step into fairy tale reality.
One in the world.