Let out a loud one with these awesome scream quotes!
Here, we have compiled a list of the most popular scream quotes.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Besides the quotes, this article shares information about the word scream and its impact on us.
So, without any delay, let’s start!
Some Words about the Term “Scream”
The term “Scream” refers to expressing or showing strong emotions.
A high-pitched and loud sound usually accompanies it.
Screaming is a universal kind of communication that is used to convey a variety of intense feelings.
A few of the most common feelings that are expressed through screaming are as under:
Regarding the physiological effects of screaming, the most noteworthy is the release of adrenaline.
As we scream, our blood pressure and heart rate increase.
This, in turn, also increases oxygen intake.
It is a procedure that our body performs to cope with stressful conditions.
Screaming also acts as a stimulant for the release of endorphins.
This is a natural painkiller, which lowers the pain.
Apart from this, the Vagus nerve is also stimulated when a person screams.
This particular nerve helps regulate the Parasympathetic Nervous System (PNS).
Why People Scream
In most cases, screaming is a sign of pain, trauma, or distress.
When a person is in pain or facing a traumatic event, they may start screaming.
If it happens, it is essential to calm that person down by offering the necessary support or professional assistance.
On the other hand, sometimes people scream to express their feeling of joy and adventure.
For instance, kids enjoying a ride in the theme park scream to express the feelings like thrill and fun.
Similarly, we scream to express our fear when watching a horror movie.
What are the Harmful Effects of Screaming?
Usually, we don’t scream for an extended period.
Hence, screaming might not have severe effects on our health.
However, extensive screaming is not a healthy activity.
Here are a few most common harmful effects of screaming:
- Excessive screaming could damage the vocal cords or cause a sore throat
- Screaming can also cause a headache
- If you scream continuously, it can result in body fatigue
Even if someone else is screaming, it can have an unpleasant impact on the people around.
Top 10 Scream Quotes
Here are the top 10 scream quotes that will make you react.
1. “The work of art is a scream of freedom.” — Christo
2. “I love watching audiences scream.” — Leigh Whannel
3. “The haters always scream the loudest.” — Tucker Max
4. “Everybody has a story… and a scream.” — Rachel Roberts
5. “Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis.” — Manfred Eigen
6. “Men scream; that’s why they gave us voices.” — Bert Kreischer
7. “All the things one has forgotten scream for help in dreams.” — Elias Canetti
8. “When in doubt or danger, run in circles, scream and shout.” — Laurence J. Peter
9. “Unfortunately, sometimes people don’t hear you until you scream.” — Stefanie Powers
10. “The things which are most important don’t always scream the loudest.” — Bob Hawke
Self-Expressing Scream Quotes
In the following quotes, people acknowledge their screams and explain what triggers them.
11. “I have no mouth, and I must scream.” — Harlan Ellison
12. “I only scream if screaming is deserved.” — Billy Eichner
13. “I am not totally subdued; I do scream and shout.” — Shakira Caine
14. “In my own life, I have no problems letting out a good scream.” — Sofia Vergara
15. “There’s a lot of times when I just want to scream into the void.” — Jaboukie Young-White
16. “I shout and scream at my players – everything is right in front of you.” — Sarfaraz Ahmed
17. “Sometimes when I’m in the car driving, I scream at the top of my lungs.” — Pamela Adlon
18. “The only time I scream is when I see the 5 a.m. start on the call sheet.” — Bradley Walsh
19. “I have a raging temper. I’ll shout and scream; then it passes like a wicked storm.” — Maggie Gyllenhaal
20. “I get terrible butterflies. Before I go onstage, I’ll have to freak out for five minutes. I scream. It seems to help!” — Josh Groban
Scream Quotes on Yelling
Enjoy reading the quotes illustrating how yelling is commonly equated and paired with screaming.
21. “I don’t like to yell and scream. I actually hate it.” — Evan Peters
22. “The guitar can go at a scream. It can yell at you.” — Angus Young
23. “I’ll never be that guy who’s going to yell and scream at people.” — Ken Griffey Jr.
24. “You cannot just scream and yell unless you feel it in your whole body.” — Esha Gupta
25. “I like to draw, and my drawings are what yell and scream for me.” — Jennifer Yuh Nelson
26. “Just scream! You vent, and the body just feels good after a good old yell.” — Carol Burnett
27. “I never yell or scream. I mean, definitely not at work. I never yell at anyone I work with.” — Dasha Zhukova
28. “If you’ve never been to one of my concerts. I want you to know that it is OK to scream and yell.” — Donna Summer
29. “Fear is a powerful weapon. It can excite and motivate, and it can get people to yell and scream. But fear has never created a job.” — Andrew Cuomo
30. “It’s easier when you play. You get your emotion out. You scream. You yell. You do whatever you want. You play. But it’s tough to sit.” — Goran Ivanisevic
Scream Quotes about Crying
These scream quotes show that screaming and crying go hand in hand.
31. “When girls scream my name and start crying, I blush like crazy.” — Ansel Elgort
32. “Sometimes my past is extraordinarily heavy. That’s when I scream and cry until I feel like I can breathe again.” — Stacey Dash
33. “You can’t scream and cry in the street because everybody will look. If you do it on a movie set, you get applauded.” — Jesse Eisenberg
34. “There is mental as well as physical fatigue. You have to cry, scream, keep on repeating the same dialogue till you get it right.” — Chinmayi
35. “You cry, and you scream, and you stomp your feet, and you shout. You say, ‘You know what? I’m giving up; I don’t care.” — Nicole Scherzinger
36. “If someone comes at you with a knife, you don’t cry: you scream, and you try to run. When it’s over, and you’re OK, that’s when you cry.” — Bill Viola
37. “I try to take my emotional pulse more now, to recognize when I need to scream and cry for 20 minutes and then come back to the center.” — Madeline Brewer
38. “Also, there is a twist to the story as I’m being haunted and driven crazy, attacked, and so on. All I seem to do is run and scream and cry in every scene.” — Bo Derek
39. “I went into ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ saying, ‘I’ll never cry.’ Because they make fun of every queen that cries on the show. And I did cry, and I did scream, and I did have doubt, and I did have great, victorious moments.” — Sharon Needles
40. “When I went through my first breakup, I thought it was the end of the world, and I thought I was going to die if I didn’t have him in my life. It was good to cry it out and just scream, or call my friends in the middle of the night crying.” — Selena Gomez
Scream Quotes on Music & Songs
These are the best scream quotes about music and songs.
41. “A ‘scream’ is always just that – a noise and not music.” — Carl Jung
42. “Alice Walker’s words have such rhythm and scream music.” — Angela Robinson
43. “If I had a good scream, like Frank Black, I’d be doing punk music, ‘cos I love that.” — John Grant
44. “I put myself in a position to be a kid as long as I want to. I play loud music and scream for a living.” — Jason Newsted
45. “I make my guitar scream with pain or pleasure or sensuality. It makes people move their feet and shake their bodies.” — Dick Dale
46. “When you hear people scream because they’re about to hear a song that has been a part of their life, there’s nothing like that.” — Darius Rucker
47. “Lil Jon was definitely a pioneer for some of the punk-rap acts we see now. He showed you could scream on a song and still have a hit on the radio.” — Kenny Beats
48. “It was a little surreal watching Leo scream ‘I’m not going to die today!’ with our music playing – that was the last thing on my mind when I wrote the song.” — Jon Crosby
49. “We all feel like we’re alone, but as artists, we get to see firsthand from our fans that we’re not. Hearing them scream the words to your songs is the most amazing feeling.” — Justine Skye
50. “We didn’t want it to end up in discussions where we would talk about whether this song needed to be more metal, whether I needed to scream more in that song or whether I shouldn’t sing quite as much in those songs because metalheads wouldn’t like that.” — Maria Brink
Which One of these Scream Quotes is your Favorite?
Screaming is an intense way to express one’s feelings.
We have been using this behavior to express emotions, protest, celebrate, and deal with stressful situations.
One can ascertain this after going through our impressive list of scream quotes.
You can easily find your favorite quote from the list provided above.
If you have already found a scream quote that inspires you the most, don’t forget to share it with us.
We are looking forward to knowing about your choice.