These Madara quotes will have you pondering the duality of life and the meaning of peace.
What makes a good villain?
The best characters are complex, hard to understand, and follow motives that are both good and evil. The villain, Madara Uchiha, from Naruto is one such character.
In the Naruto lore, Madara was one of the legendary founders of Konohagakure, a village of peace. Madara founded Konohagakure with his childhood friend and clan rival, Hashirama Senju.
However, when the two couldn’t agree on how to keep the peace they fought for leadership, and Madara was killed. Fortunately for him, Madara had the ability to rewrite his death and he came back, hiding until he could enact his revenge.
Because he is a villain, many of these Madara quotes are bleak. However, they offer an interesting commentary on the duality of life, power, war, and peace that we can apply to real life, as well.
Don’t forget to also check out these Naruto quotes about life, success and relationships.
Best Madara quotes about balance
1. “In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love.” – Madara Uchiha
2. “The world is nothing but a game of balance. There’s always going to be bad in order to balance out the good.” — Madara Uchiha
3. “When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred.” – Madara Uchiha
5. “Balance is what keeps the world going.” — Madara Uchiha
6. “Thinking of peace whilst spilling blood is something that only humans could do. They’re two sides of the same coin… to protect something… another must be sacrificed.” – Madara Uchiha
Madara Uchiha quotes about life
6. “Life is a happening puzzle in our early days, but as we grow more and more old, we start to realize the meaning of life and the pattern with which it goes on. It actually is nothing but creation, followed by preservation and then destruction.” — Madara Uchiha
7. “Humans are nothing but divided amongst the two sides of a coin. They would wanna fight for peace, but by physical war, and only that victory would bring them the final peace.” — Madara Uchiha
8. “Hope isn’t something where keep on hanging onto something, but where we let things go and leave it up to the fate, and keep an optimistic approach towards life.” — Madara Uchiha
9. “The longer you live… The more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering and emptiness.” – Madara Uchiha
10. “The concept of hope is nothing more than giving up. A word that holds no true meaning.” – Madara Uchiha
11. “Love is an essential element, but not everyone gets it. It’s okay not to have love, but to survive in this world, you need to make yourself capable and achieve success. That’s where you actually stand.” — Madara Uchiha
12. “People cannot show each other their true feelings. Fear, suspicion, and resentment never subside.” – Madara Uchiha
13. “This world is filled with hatred, agony, and sufferings. All of these are the result of dishonesty and lies. Humans learn to lie for their own selfish interests. A peaceful world will only exist when truth prevails.” — Madara Uchiha
14. “World, when we enter into it, seems all new and exciting. But as we grow more and more and reach our final phase of living, all we realize is that life is all about nothingness and will end someday.” — Madara Uchiha
15. “Life will always throw new challenges at you just when you will feel like you’ve succeeded but you’ve gotta hold in there, tight, and get through with it.” — Madara Uchiha
16. “Things never go according to our comfort but run according to their schedule.” — Madara Uchiha
17. “An unstable force, lacking in intelligence or sapience, you require a guide to show you purpose.” — Madara Uchiha
18. “We need guidance to help us find a purpose in life. Without this, life will be just a journey without any real destination.” — Madara Uchiha
19. “We are born to this world as merely children without a clear path or the intellect to know right from wrong.” — Madara Uchiha
20. “You are merely a momentary life, a temporary existence of coalesced energy, energy that once was a single, ultimate form.” — Madara Uchiha
21. “Our life is short and temporary. We do not have much time in this world. But it is how we utilize and spend the time that is given to us that really matters.” — Madara Uchiha
Madara quotes about strength and power
22. “Be strong enough to be someone who even the demons would fear.” — Madara Uchiha
23. “Only those with the strength to stand against anything that comes their way, without flinching, can survive even the cruelest of ordeals. Find the courage to do so and there’s not one thing that can stop you.” — Madara Uchiha
24. “Only with strength and unyielding power can one stand up to even the mightiest of foes.” — Madara Uchiha
25. “No matter how powerful your opponent is, if you foresee their moves, you’ll be able to defeat them.” — Madara Uchiha
26. “The purpose of power should be to help you protect your loved ones. If not, then that power is futile.” — Madara Uchiha
27. “How good can there be in power if you can not protect those you love?” — Madara Uchiha
28. “Power is not will, it is the phenomenon of physically making things happen.” – Madara Uchiha
29. “A person is powerful not when his roots and foundations are strong, but his way of carrying out things is commendable and gets him success from it.” — Madara Uchiha
30. “Love is not necessary, power is the only true necessity.” – Madara Uchiha
Wise Madara quotes
31. “Too much of anything never turns out to be healthy.” — Madara Uchiha
32. “When you fall in love, you love with all that you’ve got. You must learn to bear anger, hatred, keep your ego and attitude aside and handle things with care, calmness, and love.” — Madara Uchiha
33. “Don’t improvise what you cannot handle.” – Madara Uchiha
34. “Always analyze the situation before taking action for or against it. If your gut feeling tells you that you cannot handle it that well then you should step down and let others do it or help you in it.” — Madara Uchiha
35. “Sometimes, in life, you run out of chances, because you’ve been stuck on that one particular thing for very long. Learn to let go and move on from things which aren’t written in our fate.” — Madara Uchiha
Wake up to reality Madara quote
36. “Wake up to reality! Nothing ever goes as planned in this world.” — Madara Uchiha
37. “I’d be lying if I said things are going according to my plan… but beggars can’t be choosers, right?” – Madara Uchiha
38. “The desire for revenge is a vile poison that eventually destroys you from inside. If it’s vengeance that you pursue, then it’s inevitable that you will eventually perish.” — Madara Uchiha
39. “Forgive and forget and you’ll be a better human being.” — Madara Uchiha
More Madara quotes
40. “Man seeks peace, yet at the same time yearning for war.” — Madara Uchiha
41. “Human beings are nothing but a medium of the general process of carrying out life. They do want to live in peace but want to win it over by war because ultimately victory is what brings them peace.” — Madara Uchiha
42. “When you sign up for any sort of teamwork, the other person becomes your partner, and you are supposed to stand by each other’s side no matter what.” — Madara Uchiha
43. “Oh, you know…it’s fun, it’s part of my plan…to start a war…to bring peace.” – Madara Uchiha
44. “Call it being double-faced, but peace is what comes after war, after shedding blood, after realizing the cost of it.” — Madara Uchiha
45. “It seems that you still want to dance but… You will not be able to make steps anymore.” – Madara Uchiha
46. “You can always try to explain what all is going on inside of you, but not all exactly. Emotions can be tried to put out in the best form they could, but they can never be understood wholly.” — Madara Uchiha
47. “The tailed beasts are but slaves to those with blessed eyes. Obey.” — Madara Uchiha
48. “It will be a new world, A world of truth, not lies.” — Madara Uchiha
49. “The Uchiha is a clan destined for revenge.” — Madara Uchiha
50. “When you’ve decided to be comrades, you need to stand together, no matter what comes. It is only when you work together that you can achieve anything.” — Madara Uchiha
Did you enjoy these Madara quotes?
Madara Uchiha is unquestioningly one of the most unforgettable anime villains of all time. But what makes him such a memorable character?
Though Madara is a villain, he was not a bad person. His main intentions were to protect his family and create peace. His road to villainhood was a tragic chain of events brought on by fate. It is this complex mixture of good and evil that make Madara and his backstory so compelling to follow.
These Madara quotes are from a character who led a tragic life. Though many of these quotes are dark, they offer an interesting commentary on humanity and our relationship to power, war, and love.
Did you enjoy these Madara quotes and lines? Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
April 27, 2021 7:00 AM EST