25 Betty White Quotes On How To Live A Long, Happy Life
November 11, 2022 2:41 AM EST
Everyone wants to live a long, happy life, so here’s our list of inspirational Betty White quotes to show you how it’s done.
Actor, comedienne, and animal activist, Betty White was born in 1922.
She began her acting career in 1939.
Tell us which of Betty White’s roles was your favorite in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Betty White quotes?
After over 82 years in show business, Betty has yet to retire.
At almost a century old, Betty is still active, claiming that retirement is not a word in her vocabulary.
Aside from her long acting career, Betty is known for her work as an animal rights activist.
She’s been involved with the Los Angeles SPCA since the 1960s and partnered with the Morris Animal Foundation to create Betty White Wildlife Rapid Response Fund.
Betty White is a prime example of someone who will always be young at heart, no matter how many candles are on the cake.
We can learn several things from these Betty White quotes, like:
- the importance of humor
- life lessons
- embracing your age
Enjoy these Betty White quotes!
Don’t forget to check out these Katharine Hepburn quotes on love and marriage.
Also, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily wisdom.
See the rest of our quote database for even more inspirational ideas and thoughts.
Funny Betty White quotes and sayings on humor
1. “Laughter keeps everyone feeling wonderful.” — Betty White
2. “If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble.” — Betty White
3. “If a guy’s that cute, you’ve got to tap that booty.” — Betty White
4. “Get at least eight hours of beauty sleep, nine if you’re ugly.” — Betty White
5. “My answer to anything under the sun, like, ‘What have you not done in the business that you’ve always wanted to do?’ is ‘Robert Redford.’” — Betty White
6. “Why do people say ‘grow some balls’? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.” — Betty White
7. “I not only knew Houdini, but we had a very lovely relationship… I really thought we had something going, and then the son of a gun disappeared.” — Betty White
8. “People say, ‘But Betty, Facebook is a great way to connect with old friends.’ Well, at my age, if I want to connect with old friends I need an Ouija board.” — Betty White
9. “Well, I mean, if a joke or humor is bawdy, it’s got to be funny enough to warrant it. You can’t just have it bawdy or dirty just for the sake of being that — it’s got to be funny.” — Betty White
You will also enjoy our article on butterfly quotes.
10. “Humor is like music. It’s a rhythm, and you just kind of get the rhythm of it, and you have to know not to let the beat go too long, but to leave a beat in there for it to gel, you know.” — Betty White
11. “It’s your outlook on life that counts. If you take yourself lightly and don’t take yourself too seriously, pretty soon you can find humor in our everyday lives. And sometimes it can be a lifesaver.” — Betty White
You will also enjoy our article on Gravity Falls quotes.
Wise Betty White quotes
12. “You don’t luck into integrity. You work at it.” — Betty White
13. “You can always tell somebody by the way they put their hands on an animal.” — Betty White
14. “It is important that you not believe your own publicity. Be grateful for whatever praise you receive, but take it with a grain of salt.” — Betty White
15. “My mother also taught me that if you lie to anybody on the planet, don’t lie to that person reflected in the mirror. Always be able to meet your own eyes and know that you’re telling the truth.” — Betty White
Betty White quotes about life
16. “I’m a teenager trapped in an old body.” — Betty White
17. “Does desire melt away with age? I’m waiting for that day to come.” — Betty White
18. “My mother always used to say, ‘The older you get, the better you get. Unless you’re a banana.’” — Betty White
19. “Butterflies are like women — we may look pretty and delicate, but baby, we can fly through a hurricane.” — Betty White
20. “I like those touches of chivalry that are fast disappearing. If I sound old-fashioned, it’s because I’m as old as I am! But it’s just polite.” — Betty White
21. “You don’t fall off the planet once you pass a given age… You don’t lose any of your sense of humor. You don’t lose any of your zest for life, or your lust for life, if you will.” — Betty White
22. “There’s no formula. Keep busy with your work and your life. You can’t become a professional mourner. It doesn’t help you or others. Replay the good times. Be grateful for the years you had.” — Betty White
23. “If you’re walking with your lady on the sidewalk, I still like to see a man walking street-side, to protect the lady from traffic. I grew up with that, and I hate to see something like that get lost. I still like to see that a man opens the door.” — Betty White
24. “Gravity has taken over. So there’s not much I can do about it… My problem with [plastic surgery] is you’ll go to a women’s press conference or something like that, and old friends will come up, and I kind of don’t recognize them. I recognize the voice, but I don’t—all of a sudden, there’s this whole new face that I don’t know who that is.” — Betty White
25. “Best thing about being in your 90s is you’re spoiled rotten. Everybody spoils you like mad and they treat you with such respect because you’re old. Little do they know, you haven’t changed. You haven’t changed [in the brain]. You’re just 90 every place else. Now that I’m 91, as opposed to being 90, I’m much wiser. I’m much more aware, and I’m much sexier.” — Betty White
What makes you happy?
At 99 years old, Betty White has lived longer than most people get the opportunity to.
She has spent every moment of her life engaging with her passions and never taking no for an answer.
When she began her acting career, she was told she wasn’t photogenic enough to be on camera, but instead of giving up on her dream, she took any radio gig she could get access to.
Eventually, this led to her roles on The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Golden Girls.
Now, Betty’s acting career has spanned a lifetime.
Take a page from Betty’s book and never be afraid to follow your dreams, no matter what naysayers you might run into along the way.
Did you enjoy these Betty White quotes and sayings?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comments below!
January 17, 2022 at 12:53 PM
Betty was an amazing funny and shrewd woman whose humor was thought provoking and so funny! She broke barriers as one of the best and funniest woman in comedy whether on stage, the movies or on television. She is truly an iconic woman!! She always had a great attitude that resulted in her success as an actress, and a comedian. She was also a great advocate for animal welfare and racial/social injustices!