Take a look at these South Carolina quotes, and you will want to plan your next vacation there!
South Carolina is a state located in the Southeastern region of the United States.
The state is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on the East and Southeast, North Carolina on the North, and Georgia on the West.
You might also like these related articles:
South Carolina was the 8th state admitted to the Union in 1788 and the 23rd most populous state in the United States.
The state is known for its hot and humid climate that has mild winters.
South Carolina is rich in history, as more combat occurred in South Carolina than any other state during the Revolutionary War and served as a Union base for much of the Civil War.
Take a look at these South Carolina quotes to learn more about this great state.
Best South Carolina Quotes
Here are some of the best quotes about South Carolina.
1. “Charleston has something for everyone, rain or shine.” — Thomas Gibson
2. “Here, Fridays were dedicated to the two Bs–Beach and Boats.” — Laura Miller
3. “I’m going back to dignity and grace. I’m going back to Charleston, where I belong.” — Rhett Butler
4. “South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum.” — James L. Petigru
5. “Truly here people judge you by the content of your character, not the color of your skin.” — Tim Scott
6. “His voice had this thick, Charleston accent, where every word had more syllables than ever intended.” — Laura Miller
7. “Where do you come from?”…This is the number one most-asked question in all of South Carolina.” — Sue Monk Kidd
8. “Returning to South Carolina meant getting a normal job in a normal town with normal people and marrying a normal person.” — Donna Rice Hughes
9. “This was the first Memorial Day [Monday, May 1st, 1865]. African Americans invented Memorial Day in Charleston, South Carolina.” — David W. Blight
10. “It is a matter of common knowledge that the government of South Carolina is under domination of a small ring of cunning, conniving men.” — Strom Thurmond
Classic South Carolina Quotes
Enjoy some of the most classic quotes about South Carolina.
11. “And I love love love you, my Carolina sunshine girl.” — Merle Haggard
12. “Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning!” — Dean Martin
13. “In my mind, I’m going to Carolina, I’m going to Carolina in my mind.” — James Taylor
14. “Changing Myrtle Beach? It makes me feel very good… if it’s changing, it’s changing for the positive.” — Barbara Eden
15. “Heads Carolina, tails California. Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer; up in the mountains, down by the ocean.” — Jo Dee Messina
16. “I could never stay long enough on the shore; the tang of the untainted, fresh, and free sea air was like a cool, quieting thought.” — Helen Keller
17. “On matters of race, South Carolina has a tough history. We all know that. Many of us have seen it in our own lives – in the lives of our parents and our grandparents.” — Nikki Haley
18. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor.” — Mark Twain
19. “I’d never been on an airplane; I’d never been outside of my hometown, except to go to Myrtle Beach. I’m 22 now. I’m learning a lot about life, and it’s all in front of the cameras.” — Kellie Pickler
20. “Our last day in Myrtle Beach until next year. By then, we’ll be all freaked out because we’ll be full-blown teenagers with changing bodies we don’t understand – so we need to enjoy life while we’re still halfway kids.” — Lady Jenniviere
South Carolina Quotes About the Best Parts of The State
With beaches, golf, and many festivals, there are a lot of fun things to do in South Carolina.
21. “Growing up in Ridgeville, South Carolina, pretty much all I saw was people working hard.” — AJ Green
22. “I have campaigned all over the state of South Carolina. It is the friendliest state in the country.” — Tim Scott
23. “Charleston is an amazing place. I probably didn’t appreciate it enough when I was growing up.” — Thomas Gibson
24. “Charleston is one of the best built, handsomest, and most agreeable cities that I have ever seen.” — Marquis de Lafayette
25. “I grew up in South Carolina definitely learning about manners and being proper and having to go to cotillions.” — Anna Camp
26. “Back home in South Carolina, you have a lot of little soul food restaurants you can run to and get some quick, decent food.” — Gaines Adams
27. “I grew up in Beaufort, South Carolina, in a six-room farmhouse with a couple of leaning posts to keep it from fallin’. I came up in a time when men were men.” — Joe Frazier
28. “The new gold of moon astonishing and ascendant, he depleted gold of sunset extinguishing itself in the long westward slide, it was the old dance of days in the Carolina marshes.” — Pat Conroy
29. “I go out on the side of a hill, maybe hunting deer, and sit there and see the shadow of night coming over the hill, and I can swear to you there is a part of me that is absolutely untouched by anything civilized.” — James Dickey
30. “Red Hook Road made me happy, and happy to be alive. It took me out of my home on the coast of South Carolina, placed me in the town along Red Hook Road, and changed me the way good books always do.” — Pat Conroy
South Carolina Quotes About Charleston
Being South Carolina’s most popular city, there are many quotes about Charleston.
31. “There is no city on Earth quite like Charleston.” — Pat Conroy
32. “You can have Charleston. I’ll take these broken dreams.” — Darius Rucker
33. “Charleston has a landscape that encourages intimacy and partisanship.” — Pat Conroy
34. “I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.” — Kellie Elmore
35. “You can have Charleston, the cobblestone streets, the steeples looking down.” — Darius Rucker
36. “All they needed was a front porch painted haint blue and a proverbial glass of sweet tea.” — Ashley Clark
37. “Though I will always be a visitor to Charleston, I will always remain one with a passionate belief that it is the most beautiful city in America.” — Pat Conroy
38. “A few dolphins played in the not-so-distant waves, and sunlight fell like glitter in shades of orange and pink against the water. And this—this—was Charleston.” — Ashley Clark
39. “I don’t think you ever think of a big city as sweet or community, but there are cities that I think of as charming and particular and interesting cities. I live in one now, Charleston. “— Anne Rivers Siddons
40. “I had come to Charleston as a young boy, a lonely visitor slouching through its well-tended streets, a young boy, lean and grassy, who grew fluent in his devotion and appreciation of that city’s inestimable charm.” — Pat Conroy
More South Carolina Quotes
Take a look at some more of the best quotes about the beautiful state of South Carolina.
41. “South Carolina is a great place to be from.” — Tim Scott
42. “South Carolina is a ‘right to work state.” — Sharan Burrow
43. “South Carolina is in the spring a paradise.” — Eliza Lucas Pinckney
44. “It’s between me, the sand, and the sea. Carolina knows.” — Taylor Swift
45. “She makes me feel like home’s not so far away. She feels like Carolina.” — Parmalee
46. “I’m from South Carolina, so I know what it’s like to be accused of being a conservative from the South.” — Lindsey Graham
47. “Sugar had grown up in Charleston, South Carolina: possibly the most luscious of the world’s garden cities.” — Sarah-Kate Lynch
48. “Protests are fine. But in South Carolina, we believe in the rule of law, and the people of this state should never doubt that as governor, I will enforce it.” — Nikki Haley
49. “It is a matter of common knowledge that the government of South Carolina is under domination of a small ring of cunning, conniving men.” — Strom Thurmond
50. “To describe our growing up in the lowcountry of South Carolina, I would have to take you to the marsh on a spring day, flush the great blue heron from its silent occupation, scatter marsh hens as we sink to our knees in mud, open an oyster with a pocketknife and feed it to you from the shell.” — Pat Conroy
What Makes South Carolina Special?
South Carolina is composed of three main geographic regions that make it unique:
- Atlantic Coastal Plain – This area contains some of the most visited beaches in the United States, including Hilton Head Island and Myrtle Beach.
- The Blue Ridge Mountains – This section of the Appalachian Mountains offers hiking and whitewater rafting.
- Piedmont – This is the area between the mountains and the ocean. Known for waterways and loblolly pines.
Share these South Carolina quotes with your friends and family, and post any comments about South Carolina in the comment section below.